What. (possible update) - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What. (possible update)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

If it's all garbage below level 60 and not a cap raise/huge content implementation, then it's just another sham set up to draw new people in with zero regard for the current players.

The man speaks the truth sadly. I aint even capped and I know those last 3 levels I need would be a waste of my time if nothing news going here. But it pains me to see a game at the time of it's release was a big deal die out in the slow and painful way.

#27 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Who stuck Harry Potter in my Lord of the Rings?.....

lols, I know nothing about Ragnarock, so jk, but we do need mostly endgame content and class balance/pvp balance updates.

#28 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Some updates they had a good idea but failed with:

Elements dungeon. Good idea. But they never re-inforced it. Soon became useless after we discovered what it took to get the elements and no reward for doing it except making F7 about 10x easier than it already is. Then they removed that.

Love love and Domination pvp. Good idea for new pvp modes. Failed with their imbalances mixed in w/ problems we wanted a fix of in class balances.

A fellowship dungeon (Elga). Good idea. Large parties. Challenging boss. But too challenging for non-cash spammers. Scratch that, IMPOSSIBLE for non-cash spammers. needing 1-4 high attack ninjas and a dragoon sitting in a bubble w/ TR is not how you farm a dungeon. It has to be equal effort from all of the party. And for what? Some decent sets that need recipes but for a good number of classes are useless, a weapon that's power can be equalled w/ a +20 zauha and a solar ring and had a required part that is practically a mental troll w/ how it drops, a really good cape for CR/CD stacking, a mount everyone and their grandma's wants but couldn't get until a give-away event, and a jewellery set that was buried in the dust before it was released by other jewellery sets. Required too much effort to properly complete in IM-wise.

Way I see it, the Ragnarok+DS update is gonna be the following which Tylerkarp already said most of:
-A new town.
-A new series of hero quests.
-Some new dungeons/maps.
-Some bosses possibly re-skins.
-Some Bigwheel/Mixboard sets.
-Some pets. Either from IM box or a Quest Reward.
-All of which are either meant for level 40+ or scale level like cherry blossom and cookie factory.

Just wanna see if Satan Morroc or any other huge Ragnarok Villain cameos in this thing.

#29 Veirian

Veirian

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

This is why I dont play this game anymore - 1.It just lacks new stuff for high lv characters and 2. It lacks players now,because of reason 1 . I normally played on eu server,but there are no people too.I remember 2 or 3 years ago when this game was real fun.I remember when I went home,back from school, and played Dragonica(Dragon Saga).It was a lot of fun and it wasmy first mmo.But then F6 was implemented - there were a lot of ppl for it and it wasnt that boring.Then F7 came...boring,most ppl have left the game,because it lacks new high lv content.I feel sorry that this game is dying,but I guess we cant do nothing.I wish they could just add the new content on pre-PSB patch(the one which added F6) but without F6 and F7.And make quests give more experience.The new PvP modes are fun,but of course with no one to play them,they became boring.For me this was one of the greatest mmorpgs,but before the F6 patch.After it,only the new pets/dungeons/PvP modes/Classes/Races were good. F7 ****ed up everything,I prefer the old F1-F4 grinding,but I guess we could never play with a lot of ppl,on server without F6,F7,like the good old times.Sorry for my poor english,I hope this game doesnt die,because as I said - it gives me good memories =)

#30 Tibberz

Tibberz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

+1 for Veirian and Coolsam. For some reason I feel like the dragon saga project isn't even funded... , It's actually kind of like all funding made from DS is going towards another game. Same thing with ro (for those of you who have played it would know that it's really imbalanced with all those ards flying around) It seems like they closed the whole actual in-game development and the only thing open is the cosmetics industary... and with people just throwing their money at the game, because it seriously has the most protential I've seen anygame have. They really just think HEY you know what game makes us money for years, RAGNAROK. But no body want's to play that outdated piece of imbalanced crap they call a success... Honestly it takes alot more funds to freaking hire a guy to think of ideas to make money. Then to listen to your freaking community to improve the game (Has anyone seen League of legends, people have absoutlely no reason to buy RP points. But hey it makes on average equal amount of revenue of WoW.). But I was actually looking somewhere and why they can't take community ideas, is because they can/may get sued for it.... It's all about money, guys.

But people also hate change, I bet if they were to nerf Pallys abit and give all other classes (w/ the expection of ninja) a power boost. People will be complanning about how op sentinels are. Because nobody likes change, unless it benefits them personally.

#31 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Funnly enough sentinels are the 2rd most complained about class thanks to only 3 or 4 sentinels that play on a competitive level. As for change people playing this game for the past 2 years have been hoping for changing's and jump for joy when it comes, it's extremely bad when MMOs don't have an almost constant flow of change to speed or slow it up. From my experience most mmos companies with Asian county devs(which is the majority of them) don't like putting in/really listening to players and I'm pretty sure it's a pride issue that players are making improvements/fixing issues faster than they can. Every single player idea put into the game was never announced and put into the game seeming like it was the devs own clever idea.

P.S. You can't compare a MOBA cash shop to a MMOs they're way to different.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Funnly enough sentinels are the 2rd most complained about class thanks to only 3 or 4 sentinels that play on a competitive level. As for change people playing this game for the past 2 years have been hoping for changing's and jump for joy when it comes, it's extremely bad when MMOs don't have an almost constant flow of change to speed or slow it up. From my experience most mmos companies with Asian county devs(which is the majority of them) don't like putting in/really listening to players and I'm pretty sure it's a pride issue that players are making improvements/fixing issues faster than they can. Every single player idea put into the game was never announced and put into the game seeming like it was the devs own clever idea.

P.S. You can't compare a MOBA cash shop to a MMOs they're way to different.

I have a similar experience. They don't add new content or solve problems the game has. At least some do something about pratical problems with MMO's like bots, spammers/advertisers, rule breaking characters. But reliability for those isn't all we want. They ignore the players except when it's a game-breaking issue, something that ruins a games economy, and/or something that might enrage players enough to quit. Like an over-abused bug that helped everyone out (Coin drop bugs w/ mission spamming for example) yet ruined the games economy (It ruined soul prices) or made people rage (Warmages causing everone to crash or dc that used to happen.) Well now they face another issue. Keeping the old players while attracting new players. It's difficult to do because you can't please everyone in MMO's. Balancing PvP well they know what every server agrees on and well if they actually did it everyone would be happy, continue playing competitively, and have fun. Lack of end-game content well no MMO has an actual final boss. Only a few cases (like the Diablo series and others) but if Elga's really the final boss well then make other endgame things on the side. Maybe even take some suggestions from players again on new types of dungeons and new endgame stuff (Like my boss rush idea *wink wink*) so that end-game players can be entertained too. I understand wanting a hook on new players MMO's do it all the time. Make leveling something that doesn't require sitting in the same spot for 15 levels before moving to another spot to do it all over (THIS ISN'T RUNESCAPE w/ GETTING A 99 SKILL PEOPLE!) but make it to where everyone moves all over the place constantly doing quests and missions. Dungeon drops well you solved that problem as supposedly all dungeons got the benefit of increased drops instead of the ones listed.

This was a great game when I found it, but playing it for such a long time everyone is seeing how it's slowly descending now. Please fix everything and make this MMO compete with their top dogs.

#33 Tibberz

Tibberz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'd like to think it's Pallys>Ninjas>Sentinels

Sentinels were always complained about, Constant change is natural because it's always happening around us and it's usually small changes that slowly come in to effect. Bigger changes are more noticeable because they're laid infront of you. Thus why people actually notice it, and comparing mmorpgs and moba cashshops is rather common because they work the same way or should work the same. Except MMORPGs are alot harder to keep mainstream because they have to keep up a constant end game, while Mobas just have to keep adding new content. But as far as I'm concerned MMORPG's could just do what this game is doing with their cosmetics which don't make you too op but benefit you enough to be worth buying. What the problem is that you need IM to be competive because of this soul craft system and the enchantment. Maybe if you changed that alot more people will float back to the competive play, I really don't mind spamming some serious hard work to get my +20 weapon. But having to spend around 5 dollars just for one, psh, not worth it. This game has so much potential, I personally think it got potential to be top dog in the 3D anime industary. But if they keep this up, I don't think it'll be looked at in 1-2 years from now. All I'm saying is it's rediculous to not change the easier things before adding content. The Elga was a great idea I personally loved it, but as CoolSam said it's still IM based.

#34 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'd like to think it's Pallys>Ninjas>Sentinels

Sentinels were always complained about, Constant change is natural because it's always happening around us and it's usually small changes that slowly come in to effect. Bigger changes are more noticeable because they're laid infront of you. Thus why people actually notice it, and comparing mmorpgs and moba cashshops is rather common because they work the same way or should work the same. Except MMORPGs are alot harder to keep mainstream because they have to keep up a constant end game, while Mobas just have to keep adding new content. But as far as I'm concerned MMORPG's could just do what this game is doing with their cosmetics which don't make you too op but benefit you enough to be worth buying. What the problem is that you need IM to be competive because of this soul craft system and the enchantment. Maybe if you changed that alot more people will float back to the competive play, I really don't mind spamming some serious hard work to get my +20 weapon. But having to spend around 5 dollars just for one, psh, not worth it. This game has so much potential, I personally think it got potential to be top dog in the 3D anime industary. But if they keep this up, I don't think it'll be looked at in 1-2 years from now. All I'm saying is it's rediculous to not change the easier things before adding content. The Elga was a great idea I personally loved it, but as CoolSam said it's still IM based.

The thing with a cash shops are there has to be a sort of hook to get people to actually do this. Some gets put a small hook, some put a more massive one. Dragon Saga was sort of a massive one because it was only needed to be competitive and to do Elga or to make PvE super easy mode which is saying make it's PvE easier than it already is. However there are worse cases with this cash shop. Let me list one, an old turn based MMORPG I played:

-Main method of leveling was bursting. Which like F7 was staying in one area to grind your whole way up to the cap. Only worse.
1.) It took ages to get from a low level to the recommended Rebirthing level.
2.) For a certain element. You need to make your speed 0. To do this, you need an item from the cash shop.
3.) You wouldn't find teams unless you had the tool to auto-setup your burst turns and afk train for hours. Which was also cashshop.
4.) You can pay players to help you level. They only accepted either an immense amount of ingame currencey or a cash shop item of good value.
5.) Some teams are selfish and want fast exp. To do this they didn't accept certain element players.
6.) You need a certain ability to do it. How to get it? Beg some high levels to get you the quest done after doing it's pre-required stuff.
-All quests needed a strong party, no one helped for free. You had to find super generous people or buy the quest w/ cash-shop items.
-Cash shop items tradable/sellable for gold. Economy based on those items. Getting some points and selling them was the fastest way to get gold. Other ways involved high investments and/or hours of material grinding.
-Company had horrible support teams (Although a live support chat was nice.) and didn't do much to fix bugs w/ updates. Pratically ignored player feedback often.

Combined with botting systems that GOT AROUND GM SCANS the game was horrifically pay2win.

But what I'm saying is. Dragon Saga is considered Pay2Win only in PvP aspects where you gotta build the perfect gear using enchanting and soulcrafting. As well as making cosmetic costumes give bonuses which increased the need for IM. I'm sure if Elga removed it's IM need by nerfing the difficulty and hp it'd be a much better dungeon for everyone. JDragonica's nerfed hp and attack originally was a better idea. I mean the 3rd phase of elga didn't even break 30m hp which would make him solo-able yes but at the same time a group of +4 enchanted people could run the dungeon. That's what I wanna see in that end-game dungeon. A boss that was challenging yes but at the same time possible without going to the extremes in IM. And the new content is nice but it needs something for everyone to do and not just people in specific level ranges. The combo system was great but you stopped getting chain combos at level 40. If they're made to balance pvp surely there'd be something to balance endgame pvp as well. It was stated that it'd remove the gear vs skill debate and make it to where anyone could kill anyone. But it didn't sadly.

When someone mentions go back to cap 65 and BD as an endgame dungeon, you can agree with them. But for me, just make F7 and F6 gone and promote more questing and old style leveling. Hell, I'll settle for old versions of chaos mode. Level 60 and need to grind? No problem C-Elluman is for you!

Edited by Coolsam, 23 July 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#35 Crowning

Crowning

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

So much shet to read... oh lawrdy.
At least it's nice to know that people actually have something to say. ;>

Edited by Crowning, 24 July 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#36 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Funnly enough sentinels are the 2rd most complained about class thanks to only 3 or 4 sentinels that play on a competitive level.

What was that I heard? Oh right, the sweet qq's of you raging for 2hours about how I 25k'd your hq.

Ninja's evade
Pally's block
Warmage's insane PDD/ Healing

PFs are nowhere near close to 2nd most complained about.

----

Anyway, the Devs must have seen how *good* SFxTekken was, and planned to mimic the *success*.

Edited by Execrate, 24 July 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#37 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

sounds like someone got their feelings hurt

it would be a difference in opinion for others but as for me the most annoying class to pvp against is pf(insane movespd,high agi = high evade/aim, insta cast aoe, silence freeze netbind traps)> fighter>pally>ninja, but that's swaying off the topic, notice wms are not even on this list, they're attacks are simply too easy to avoid.

aside from that, i'm looking forward to this update. So long as it is just adding things to the game and not removing them without considering player feedback.

#38 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

The only pfs that stack evade are kind of... bad

#39 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

The only pfs that stack evade are kind of... bad

The only threatening one is you, 1-2 guildies of mine and storm from my level range.

#40 Bicho

Bicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

it would be a difference in opinion for others but as for me the most annoying class to pvp against is pf(insane movespd,high agi = high evade/aim, insta cast aoe, silence freeze netbind traps)> fighter>pally>ninja, but that's swaying off the topic, notice wms are not even on this list, they're attacks are simply too easy to avoid.

aside from that, i'm looking forward to this update. So long as it is just adding things to the game and not removing them without considering player feedback.

16 seconds silence and tesla bomb np np...

#41 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think the thing to note about what storm said is that only 3 or 4 pathfinders actually pvp at all "competitively" anymore, which is kind of sad. There needs to be more balance (class balances, aim/evade, block) and less stuff like more cards, less cash dependency, etc (I'm worried the future "rune system" may be cash based as well)....

But to address the discussion, I agree with noxis as far as classes that are/were the most "annoying", but then I wonder how anyone can still take pvp too seriously when dagger one shots some people, some people are impossible to hit no matter how much aim you get, and we always have to have all these sorts of player implemented rules to actually make things semi fair.... Why still spend $, or is it just that people already have?

I really want the devs to balance, expand upon, and work on the old content instead of constantly adding these "ideas" that don't work. Like coolsam said, we do get new content updates (elga, elements, professions, combo system, cards), and some of it seemed really promising, but everyone is really bitchy about new content because there is something (at least a small something) wrong with almost everything that has all ready been introduced, problems in each of the area's named. Those small somethings never get seriously addressed, or if they do it takes forever (as in many months to a year), meanwhile we just get more and more unpolished and rushed content. The dev's have had a lot of good ideas, but when it comes down to it, none of it ends up working as well as it could, and then it just gets left that way, detracting from the game as a whole, while more and more content with problems gets piled on top.

I mean, with basic stats still not making sense (str being useless, int being almost useless,,,like sense the very start of the game), I have to wonder where our feedback that supposedly went to the devs went. Into the trash? We talked about that extensively (a fundamental issue in the way the game works), and all sorts of balance issues, and after we have talked a ton about balance issues, the next thing is we get more classes/races while the old ones still aren't balanced...

Is it really like storm said, and the Dev's have a pride issue and that's why they won't listen to us and go back and take a look at anything? I feel like I'm eating some sort of massive dragon saga sand paper sandwich with promises for condiments and layer upon layer of thin paper meat, and when I ask for an actual sandwich, the waiter takes it back and brings back an even bigger paper sandwich with an even higher stack of paper meat.... Don't get me wrong, the sandwich looks and even smells delicious -heck, it even taste delicious at first-, but to drop the metaphor, once you really get into this game, you start running into all sorts of problems with the game itself, and get kind of lost because very little in the game is congruent, and we have tons of extremely random undeveloped content. I feel like the developers keep on charging forward with an idea that pops into someone's head, hoping for the best, and then when the players are unhappy, the developers decide to charge in a new random direction and introduce something else hoping for the best without ever addressing what was wrong with the other idea....Stacking more random paper meat on top of other slices of paper meat does not improve the quality of the sandwich.

I realize I'm being harsh, but to not be completely critical, I am not trying to preemptively critique or be negative about a Ragnarok town or anything contained in the "possible update", and I believe most player complaints are actually against the idea of another update -not the actual update itself- while we still have so many old issues with the game that are yet to receive any sort of serious response, consideration, or attention. If we could say with confidence that all the old/current issues with the game were being addressed, it would be a different story...

but right now I feel like our feedback is being preemptively called a "paper sandwich" by the waiter without receiving any respectful consideration.

Have we grown too harsh or something? Does everything said translate into only the single word "negativity" and just not get read anymore? Our feedback isn't a paper sandwich. It's a piece of paper with instructions for making an "actual sandwich".

I mean go back to the old balance discussions that Rim posted from our collective feedback and start fixing the game. "Swallow pride". Try making that real sandwich...

Edited by Maronu, 24 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#42 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ninja's can get evade so high no-one can touch them, not to mention they have block rate for back up if someone can hit them.

Warmages can stack over 100% PDD and over 90% MDD. Combined with slowheal, 5/5 or 10/10, they're just a tank that can freeze anyone who gets caught in group pvp.

Pallys can lock and win while rolling their face over their keyboard.

PF traps, you have to step on them for them to debuff you, don't step on them and you don't have to worry about them. Not to mention, many pfs just throw their traps all over the place(myself included most of the time) and don't actually use them strategically. However, tesla should have a slightly longer cooldown.

Anyway, the devs should focus on the bad content that's in the game now, before shoving more content into our already dead game.

#43 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

PF traps, you have to step on them for them to debuff you, don't step on them and you don't have to worry about them. Not to mention, many pfs just throw their traps all over the place(myself included most of the time) and don't actually use them strategically. However, tesla should have a slightly longer cooldown.

Telsa on an <300 movespeed target. Followed by a netbind. They're at the mercy of the PF.

They have probably the most frightening ground lock potential. Plus deploying Telsa in midair can counter air comboing after escaping. Dragoons yes are face-roll easy but they'd hit harder air locking than ground locking which can be escaped. WM's well the legendary update did make their healing less of a problem as it healed X% of their hp and almost everyone endgame has CD builds to go around the DEF and PDD/MDD. As for ninja's keep in mind a max evade build loses out on Critical damage. Even with lethal attack and block rate they can't hit the top damages so easily and people could take them on. Not to mention some debuffs get around evade now like invokers.

Every class has a cheap aspect about them. But those cheap parts have checks and counters. Except for block rate. Get that crap nerfed or something.

#44 GuysWhySoSerious

GuysWhySoSerious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Like previously stated, end game there are only maybe 4-5 pathfinders, if they are so OP why is there not more of them? Well, the bitter truth of late game is unless you are a ninja or a pally you are already at the short end of the stick.
Threats
*Ninja
Look guys :> i has 600 evade with my downshifted gears unbuffed. I would like to see any class get 750 aim to "logically" hit that person. Now there damage hell, I could careless about at this point in the game. It is the part that they are basically not able to hit that makes them over powered.

*Pally
On to the next most over powered class, now this is debatable because of the hp debuff, but i'm going to stick with my opinion because they are by far more over powered and honestly a lot more common. Paladins late game it is rare for one to not have 10/10 shield mastery and parry which in turn gives them basically 50% block rate. Yeah that is not overpowered. :> They have the easiest catching skills in game, spin it bear, sword dance. They can lock for days ground or air. Obviously not overpowered. -.-

Mild Threat
Grens- I'm going to include Grens in this category also, because simply sniping with the hp after the nerf is 1 hit all day every day. Useless in 1v1's though (depending on class ofc) Good for group pvp though.

Pathfinders- I think why people struggle so much against them is because they have not taken the time to understand this class. I'm not the best pf, i'm not even know for it, but they are leagues away from being considered overpowered. There traps are noticeable, so if you walk into them.. well that is your fault. Now onto there overpowered side, Tesla, and MS. Tesla 5/5 is overpowered it last longer then it takes for it to cooldown, with its aoe ability makes it a big threat to players.. but honestly a pf can throw this on you and you will get hit 1-2 times and then you are free to go basically. (Increase cooldown a bit) Now for ms this is a choice in a build, realistically no good pf stacks this, there sets just have ms in them along with a buff, makes them fast. Yes, ms does create a since of lag, but they are not actually lagging, it is the server issue. If that were to be more stable an be able to handle the graphics, then I do think people would honestly stop complaining about pathfinders.

Priest- Heals, control, overpowered awakening skills... Yeah..that is about it.

Warmage-> look at Execrate post. (in theory ofc)

(Not including dragonkin classes as I do not understand fighters but 100% block rate and summoners speak for themselves if you've pvp'd one)
Non Threats
Rogues, are an under rated class I've only seen maybe 2 (?) late game. One of them has probably the most hp currently on this game. So i can't say that they are completely screwed over, but... yeah. They are decent mid to early late game but after that they are basically nothing compared to other classes. (I'm not the best rogue, but this is my opinion.)

Myrims- Also another rare class to see late game, because they are good mid to early late game. Although they are again.. on the short end of the stick in late game pvp/pve. (refer to coolsam post at the bottom of the page my post was getting lengthy so I ended it*) EDIT

Edited by GuysWhySoSerious, 24 July 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#45 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Here is the plan just let the ppl kill ther beloved elga -.- then they would have less to q.q about. Then BAM!!!~~ a few months later add a new end game boss so they can do more "playing"n less forum.

#46 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

WM's well the legendary update did make their healing less of a problem as it healed X% of their hp and almost everyone endgame has CD builds to go around the DEF and PDD/MDD.

100% PDD means 100% of damage dropped. Crits would be nulled to 1 damage in theory as I don't think anyone has taken the time to stack 100% PDD. Of course the magic crits would still hurt, but there's only 3 classes that do magic damage.

#47 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

There traps are noticeable, so if you walk into them.. well that is your fault.

netbind>trap spam on player>skill spam...what?

Yes, ms does create a since of lag, but they are not actually lagging, it is the server issue. If that were to be more stable an be able to handle the graphics, then I do think people would honestly stop complaining about pathfinders.

oh i get it, u must play a pf and you're trying to avoid a future nerf! well played.

#48 GuysWhySoSerious

GuysWhySoSerious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

netbind>trap spam on player>skill spam...what?

oh i get it, u must play a pf and you're trying to avoid a future nerf! well played.

I'm a pally you see that one in the picture, yeah my name is Orgy. I am level 72. I must be a pathfinder :>

You do not realize how hard it is to honestly catch with net, yes after they tesla and arrow shower you it is fairly easy. Although they take a risk when using arrow shower because of the delay in its cast. You can easily counter tesla with spin it bear or any other launch. The trap spam isn't what i was talking about i'm talking about the traps scattered around the room. So if you run into one of those IT IS YOUR FAULT. If you're trying to say that when they catch you you're supposed to instantly break free? Are you new to pvp? If i catch someone with any class I unload my skills to do as much damage as possible then retreat till my skills are cooldown or till I can have the upper hand in a situational fight.

#49 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm a pally you see that one in the picture, yeah my name is Orgy. I am level 72. I must be a pathfinder :>

never said you were. u simply stated you use one. sorry, would've quoted u on that but it seems it magically disappeared somewhere in your previous post? so overprotective of a class you don't even admit to using... makes one curious as to wonder why.

#50 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Non Threats
Myrims- Also another rare class to see late game, because they are good mid to early late game. Although they are again.. on the short end of the stick in late game pvp/pve.

As for Myrm's. Sadly there's so few that play competitively late game. Most are severeley inactive (myself) or quit.

They have potential and actually got some use for the attack speed in all of their sets due to chain combos (if you try the one I like. Which needed no lag or little lag.)

Also Myrm's sadly can't hit the same CD peak as Paladins or have the advantage of block rate. They're more challenging to learn to pvp with despite stumblebum being never miss and giving an aim debuff. (Though the highest known evade on a Myrm is in the 200s.) They don't have faceroll easy combo's however although it's a never changing class as it's never buffed or nerfed aside from skill edits like Bloody Roars buff, gust slash hitting fallen, and some passives being max phys. attack now.

IMO (Before Dragonkin card update) have probably the lowest need for monster cards next to Gren's. (2-4 skills at most. 2 for damaging, 1 to get some extra attack, 1 mostly for PvE since it's the duration of one of their most OP buffs)

Buff wise they don't get too much to assist. Except for gamble but lets list others:
-Acceleration: Attack speed, once completely useless not has a purpose if you know how to combine chain combo's with skills.
-Annihilation: Like Crux shot for Marksman but w/o the CR buff.
-Grizzly Power: Good for the Phys attack buff. But the large strength bonus is useless. having 500+ STR w/o even trying is crummy if I can't get any good effect from it. They're also one of the few to get their strength in the upper 500's lower 600's range. But no effect for this other than it's useless benefits.
-Gamble: Very good but only a few of the buffs.
1.) God of Wrath: Base phys. attack which isn't worth it
2.) God of Calmness: Base defenses which aren't too bad but hp nerf ruined it.
3.) God of Cure: WAYYY TO LOW HEALING BUFF IT!
4.) God of Amplification: Extra hp/mp is great. If it healed you up w/ it which it doesn't.
5.) God of Velocity: Movespeed and Evasion. Perfect for team pvp.
6.) God of Fury: Pure critical rate. A game changer.
IMO, only 3 of the 6 gamble buffs are good. Amplification (If you can heal back up the hp/mp gained), Velocity (On a team note), and Fury. 2 are good ideas but made bad w/ the base stat increase and not the max stat. and 1 needs a serious buff cause of it's low healing that's outclassed by heal over time potions.
-Weapon Quicken: Acceleration for the party. Alright for team but long cast time and not too high of a buff.
-Wild Rage: Base attack. Some say it's worth it.
-Bloody Roar: Turns you into a glass cannon @ 5/5. I've seen so much damage difference. Most myrm's don't know the strategy for this is to turn it on while your opponent is in a combo and can't counter. Then turn it off after the damage is done if you can't re-catch right away.

As for Overlord Tree, well Death grab is useful but the stun isn't 100% and players can still have some small time to run out when grabbed down. Death stinger is an amazing skill if used right. Demolition charge sucks. Demolition bomber is useless in PvE as I could achieve it's damage (Even if I crit w/ it) by crit w/ Gust Slash. Movespeed passive is nice as movement speed on a Myrmidon can be a total annoyance at times. Especially in group pvp.

As for gear. Well you got the following equipment as top sought after sets for endgame:
Dianos: The easiest to get, if you invest with Gada's and get some good spec or arti parts it's worth it. 5 piece 100%CD, 6 piece 38%Aim(Could be 31% I gotta re-check this is all memory ). Very good for low budget. Despite low defenses.
Glorious Pioneer: Highest CD set in Myrmidons @ 141.9%. Sadly your as defensive as paper vs knives. A +20 Paris wing can't even compensate for it unless it's enchanted really high. And the drop of aim is severe unless you fill that last piece w/ 50 AGI alex gloves or 40AGI/10%CD Kryos shoes and some good jewellry.
Hero-Secmatian: Decent Critical damage w/ some HP/Defensive additions. 5 piece + Alex gloves or Kryos shoes (+AGI ones) are usually a good idea.
Black Dragon Lord: Oh boy the potential this set was giving myrm's who actually farmed it (3-4 of them have at least 4 pieces). Plus the 4-piece CD bonus made some mixing w/ some good gears. I've already stated the max-aim set for Myrm's using this set alot but if you forgot: 4 piece Black Dragon Lord (Top, Bottom, Shoulder, Shield), Karsharp helmet, 50AGI alex gloves, 40AGI kryos shoes. Combined w/ a 40AGI muffler w/ max aim SC'ed. But the full set's Critical Rate mixed witht that Critical damage is great. I love this set.

Like Warmage's, Myrmidon's have deadly potential in a team situation. But unlike Warmages it's got some 1v1 skills as well. Though sadly not many competitive myrm's play anymore.

I understand if you got bored at my text about my main-used and favorite class. There is some un-noted stuff but it was from memory mostly and it's late and I'm tired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users