What. (possible update) - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What. (possible update)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 XlucasX

XlucasX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Warmages can stack over 100% PDD and over 90% MDD. Combined with slowheal, 5/5 or 10/10, they're just a tank that can freeze anyone who gets caught in group pvp.

Actually, we can stack 94% PDD only, 88% without antares(only few people have) with 64% MDD
Mana shield is based on mp, you can burn or use disease on them
It's easy to avoid Warmage's skills.

#52 GuysWhySoSerious

GuysWhySoSerious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

never said you were. u simply stated you use one. sorry, would've quoted u on that but it seems it magically disappeared somewhere in your previous post? so overprotective of a class you don't even admit to using... makes one curious as to wonder why.

This will be the last time I reply to you because honestly we are simply spamming this thread. My original post (longest one) I left out the part of "Mild Threat" i re-edited that. I do have a pathfinder it is a level 50. A perm level 50 so yes i do have a pathfinder but anyone that knows me knows me for either my priest, my pally, or my gren which is also level 50, i do bsq say hey to my buddies in that bsq, and log off to my main. I never even play a pathfinder anymore, because i love my gren, it is my favorite class.

#53 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

This will be the last time I reply to you because honestly we are simply spamming this thread. My original post (longest one) I left out the part of "Mild Threat" i re-edited that. I do have a pathfinder it is a level 50. A perm level 50 so yes i do have a pathfinder but anyone that knows me knows me for either my priest, my pally, or my gren which is also level 50, i do bsq say hey to my buddies in that bsq, and log off to my main. I never even play a pathfinder anymore, because i love my gren, it is my favorite class.

on behalf of anyone who read that, thank you for sharing your lovely and touching story.
please enjoy this:

Posted Image

in other news: what about ragnarok hat items? sakkat please.

#54 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Dang it...cats out of the bag. I wish i could say confirm or deny some of your assumptions, but i;ve been told to hold off on giving too many details on this update. One thing i can say, is there are new sets iof armors ingame with content for those levels. The ranges are: 40-50, 50-60, and 60+. Yes there will be some IM exclusive outfits, but there will be pets and costume that can be obtained via ingame ways.

I wish i could release more, but much still needs to be translated. I'll see if i can dig up more content that GG will let me release.

#55 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Dang it...cats out of the bag. I wish i could say confirm or deny some of your assumptions, but i;ve been told to hold off on giving too many details on this update. One thing i can say, is there are new sets iof armors ingame with content for those levels. The ranges are: 40-50, 50-60, and 60+. Yes there will be some IM exclusive outfits, but there will be pets and costume that can be obtained via ingame ways.

I wish i could release more, but much still needs to be translated. I'll see if i can dig up more content that GG will let me release.

sweet. looking forward to it.

#56 Tibberz

Tibberz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Translation, No, they don't plan on nerfing or buffing any classes anytime soon. Sorry CoolSam we're doing excatly what you said we'd do...

Oh well, I wish I could help translate, but I'm limited to self teaching myself Japanese. But when you are able to I'd be delighted to see what the next patch will have to offer

#57 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Actually, we can stack 94% PDD only, 88% without antares(only few people have) with 64% MDD
Mana shield is based on mp, you can burn or use disease on them
It's easy to avoid Warmage's skills.

Before I was banned you could SC IM accessories, which give access to PDD and MDD. Prior to legendary update, expanders worked in ALL pvp modes, more pdd/mdd by 2.0'ing accessories, since I'm banned I'm not sure if this still is the case. There's more but I can't be bothered to find all the math.

Edited by Execrate, 24 July 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#58 XlucasX

XlucasX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Before I was banned you could SC IM accessories, which give access to another 9% PDD and MDD. Prior to legendary update, expanders worked in ALL pvp modes, giving access to another 9% pdd/mdd by 2.0'ing accessories, since I'm banned I'm not sure if this still is the case. There's more but I can't be bothered to find all the math.

The 94% is with pdd from IM accessories, but without expand. I didn't know expand was working on pvp again..
With expand you will have 112% PDD.
Everyone can get 72% PDD with expand, 54% PDD without.

Edited by XlucasX, 24 July 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#59 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

We are technically still owed a class skill and balance update with the Legendary patch.

I am looking forward to the Ragnarok intrusion, to some extent. The problem is that those level ranges are, unfortunately, a gigantic feel-good mask. 60+ hardly seems like a justifiable content update if it doesn't extend to level 80.

I will refrain from being a negative Nancy. I am looking at the armor sets and whatnot and the one thing I can say I'm legitimately excited for is the adorable Ragnarok style of armor.

#60 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

From the sound of things it's not all cash shop sets. Perhaps a new set will be here that all classes can enjoy and use 60+ that doesn't have terrible bonuses.

#61 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Execrate
expanders have not worked in pvp for a very long time now,

edit: none of the aspects of professions works in PVP, nor have they for a very long time,

Edited by IreKire, 28 July 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#62 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Dang it...cats out of the bag. I wish i could say confirm or deny some of your assumptions, but i;ve been told to hold off on giving too many details on this update.
I'll see if i can dig up more content that GG will let me release.

See, there's your problem. If Gravity would tell us what their plans are (beyond vague developer dev blogs that just create hype), maybe we could give you some feedback. Maybe you could tell us you're going to burn your house down before you do it so maybe the people living in it could tell you some better alternatives. It's painfully obvious Gravity has no idea how to run this game, so try listening to the countless feedback and suggestions your players (or former players now) give you. No wonder korean Gravity's stock has plummeted to 50% in the last three months with this handling of Dragon Saga.

GG, GG.

#63 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

See, there's your problem. If Gravity would tell us what their plans are (beyond vague developer dev blogs that just create hype), maybe we could give you some feedback. Maybe you could tell us you're going to burn your house down before you do it so maybe the people living in it could tell you some better alternatives. It's painfully obvious Gravity has no idea how to run this game, so try listening to the countless feedback and suggestions your players (or former players now) give you. No wonder korean Gravity's stock has plummeted to 50% in the last three months with this handling of Dragon Saga.

GG, GG.

Zabmaru I'm not sure if this post is serious, or trolling like 95% of your other posts but i'm going to respond to it as if you were a normal player.

Wrong, we are bound contractually as to how much data we can release before other publishers. So even if we wanted to we cant, until they do so. We also can't give you what we don't have as i explained in an earlier post, its still being translated, so I don't have all the facts.

The Gravity stock issue, i have absolutely no idea what you are referring to, as we are separate entity from Gravity Games, and Gravity Co LTD. Now as to whether change is directly related to dragon saga i highly doubt it. There are many many other factors that contribute to changes in stock prices, and its certainly doesn't fall COMPLETELY on this game. However i'm no stock trader, so what do i know, I just work here.

#64 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

60+ hardly seems like a justifiable content update if it doesn't extend to level 80.

In the original dev plan, there was talks of a new class, a level increase, and several new high end instance dungeons for end of summer. However the developers took a different direction and decided to create these Ragnarok maps/items/ and quests. So those plans have gotten pushed back even further, though not completely off the table. As to when these will get added, not sure but if i get any input, i'll be sure to let you guys know.

#65 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

i just hope my +20 equipment doesn't go to waste if any future new equipment comes out.

#66 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

In the original dev plan, there was talks of a new class, a level increase, and several new high end instance dungeons for end of summer. However the developers took a different direction and decided to create these Ragnarok maps/items/ and quests. So those plans have gotten pushed back even further, though not completely off the table. As to when these will get added, not sure but if i get any input, i'll be sure to let you guys know.

A: An virtual ton of endgame content, a cap increase, and a new class. All of which many would love.
B: Ragnarok cameo.....

I'm going to smack them. I'm going to smack Gravity like they're the girl I'd put on a corner of the street for nights.

#67 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

A: An virtual ton of endgame content, a cap increase, and a new class. All of which many would love.
B: Ragnarok cameo.....

I'm going to smack them. I'm going to smack Gravity like they're the girl I'd put on a corner of the street for nights.

I believe their hope was to bring in new players, by offering something familier other MMO players can relate to. Ragnarok was one of the first MMOs to reach worldwide fame, i guess they are hoping (in a way so are we) that this will bring some of those player to this game. Hopefully once this update is complete they can get back on track for those instances.

#68 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

I believe their hope was to bring in new players, by offering something familier other MMO players can relate to. Ragnarok was one of the first MMOs to reach worldwide fame, i guess that are hoping (in a way so are we) that this will bring some of those player to this game. Hopefully once this update is complete they can get back on track for those instances.

Good effort and idea but I still have mixed feelings since the entirety of Legendary was meant for lower levels to pre-60 area.

#69 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

"Why, it appears we keep defecating on our flowerbed!"
"My good sir, all we need is more flowers! Our other flowerbed has more flowers than this one ever had! Add some soil from the first flowerbed, and some flowers from the first bed should spring up in the second!"
"But shouldn't we adjust the soil in the second bed? Looks like the flowers are dying."
"Nah, just pile some more crap on it."

#70 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Its sad really. I know Hastur you are unable to speak and say many things, but in the few comments you have made it makes me as a (ex)player that even you as an employee have very little faith in the direction Dragon Saga is going, and i'm sure I am not the only one who sees this.

#71 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Its sad really. I know Hastur you are unable to speak and say many things, but in the few comments you have made it makes me as a (ex)player that even you as an employee have very little faith in the direction Dragon Saga is going, and i'm sure I am not the only one who sees this.

I wouldn't say that, this update looks like a lot of fun, the content i have seen so far it great looking and definitely will have that nostalgia factor they were going for. However i do agree with you all that high end content is needed, especially if we wish to keep our current community happy. However we are just 1 publisher, with our set of requests, so unless ALL of the publishers are feeling the same our request just gets placed lower on the totem pole. This doesn't mean i'm going to stop by any means, I'm still going to keep pushing the issues.

#72 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I wouldn't say that, this update looks like a lot of fun, the content i have seen so far it great looking and definitely will have that nostalgia factor they were going for. However i do agree with you all that high end content is needed, especially if we wish to keep our current community happy. However we are just 1 publisher, with our set of requests, so unless ALL of the publishers are feeling the same our request just gets placed lower on the totem pole. This doesn't mean i'm going to stop by any means, I'm still going to keep pushing the issues.

Our balance summits for all servers agree on the same things. Perhaps they'll agree on this.

#73 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

I believe their hope was to bring in new players, by offering something familier other MMO players can relate to. Ragnarok was one of the first MMOs to reach worldwide fame, i guess they are hoping (in a way so are we) that this will bring some of those player to this game. Hopefully once this update is complete they can get back on track for those instances.

This is what I figured. I remember--and I'm not sure if this breaches any rules so please excuse me--that when I was a CM and got to speak with a few people more directly, one of the main concerns was bringing more players to Dragon Saga.

I don't think that's a bad idea. In fact, it's obviously the basis of any MMO's community. New players leads to more players, plain and simple. I also assumed that the addition of Ragnarok to the game was someone's idea at Gravity to try and handle that by drawing on the community of, like you said, one of the most well-known MMOs in the world. Really, it's a brilliant plan and I have nothing against this.

However, I think CoolSam took the words right out of my mouth here. Those plans you mentioned sound ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. The current endgame and, really, the entire game from 60+ is a gigantic barren wasteland with far too few things to keep players interested, especially in the long term. More players is ALWAYS a good thing, but the problem here is that even with these plans to bring in new players, even people who are severely dedicated to every fiber of the game (I'd consider myself as such, I'm pretty devout), find themselves unwilling to log on. I'd hypothetically consider this situation as such:

New update to bring in new player (Development takes several months) -> During development, many players capped and leveling towards the latter half of the game get bored and quit or play less frequently -> New update hypothetically brings in ~100 players (Just an example)

So let's see: we've gained 100 new players and lost 50 while trying to bring in more. Of course, you've made a surplus of new players. But everyone in the MMO field knows that there are people who just plain won't get all the way to the end. Further evidenced by how few players there are at endgame due to the grueling grind that is the only option to level. Even still, the ones that did cap only stay out of that weird MMO-obligation most players feel, because of the hope of some new update giving them something to do. So it's not even a safe bet to say that, at endgame, you've lost 50 players and gained 100, resulting in the same note. It's actually more like gaining 20 members out of that 100, and losing 50. Again, these numbers are just made up and don't reflect the server, but it's the same idea.

All this aside, and back to what I meant about CoolSam being right. We've been BEGGING for something to do at endgame for almost a year. Elga is a complete mess and either makes the rich richer, or drives people entirely away because they're unable to complete the dungeon--not because of lack of skill, but because the game has their hands completely tied.

I'll give one last little comparison:
Let's say you get both of your eyes gouged out. Let's say, then, that you stub your toe. You seek medical attention. The doctors decide that they better get that toe fixed pronto. Meanwhile you're sitting there with no eyes. See the problem here? It's called absurdity.

We want new players, we really do. But we are suffering a severe drought of content and all anyone seems to want to do is add artificial content to encourage new players. It's a gigantic trap as it only leads them down the same bitter path we all ended up walking down, and it makes the company seem like it's only interested in profit, not satisfying needs. I realize that you're Hastur, and not the God of Gravity or anything like that, and that it's not in your control. But we all feel entirely helpless and abandoned because no one listens to us and no one does anything to fix the problems we have.

Edited by Kazu731, 26 July 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#74 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

The Gravity stock issue, i have absolutely no idea what you are referring to, as we are separate entity from Gravity Games, and Gravity Co LTD. Now as to whether change is directly related to dragon saga i highly doubt it. There are many many other factors that contribute to changes in stock prices, and its certainly doesn't fall COMPLETELY on this game. However i'm no stock trader, so what do i know, I just work here.

Don't worry Hastur, every player is a business analyst these days.

#75 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Don't worry Hastur, every player is a business analyst these days.

I'm not, but these guys are! http://www.nasdaq.co...-20120516-00694

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users