26 replies to this topic

#1 Psion

Psion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, New York

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Wondering if I should bother with going for job 50 on my high thief.. Really no point, right? He's going to be a stalker.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

If you don't go Job 50 on a trans character, you need to be kicked in the shins. @_@

#3 Violet

Violet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMx
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'm kinda sure you won't be allowed to change job unless you are job 45.

And yeah there is no point, except you will always know, deep in your heart, that you are a fail thief :<

#4 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Well, after job 45 there is not much beneficial to a Rogue/Stalker. So I'd go at least that.

#5 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'm kinda sure you won't be allowed to change job unless you are job 45.

Minimum is 40â?¦ :mellow:

#6 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

It's a high character, you really should go job50.
Even if the points aren't well spent the fact remains that you will never have the chance to get those points again after changing classes.

#7 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

Plus you should be planning accordingly to how your skills are going to be as a 3rd class. You never know what 1st class skills you'll need as a 3rd class are and you don't want to use Trans or 3rd class points on 1st class skills.

#8 Maison

Maison

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

It's a high character, you really should go job50.
Even if the points aren't well spent the fact remains that you will never have the chance to get those points again after changing classes.

I totally agree, if you spent all that time to get 99 and then trans, you should have enough time to get job 50 as a high thief.
Job 50 is nothing compared to 99ing a trans and then getting job 70 as second class.
Renewal is coming, regardless, you never know if the skills will drastically change and you may have needed those points, you'll kick yourself silly.

#9 Psion

Psion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

Part of me wants to change at 40 and just get to stalker, and another wants to get to 50. It just feels like an obligation. haha

#10 hinatasou

hinatasou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Location10 miles from Gravity HQ, Los Angeles

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

job 50 or bust

#11 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Job 50 it.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

Back in the days when getting job 50 on a high first job was hard, i would have been arguing against job 50.
But come on...

They're are exp quest items. Killcount quests. Blank cards. 99 merc scrolls. And the whole game is just easier in general. It is impossible to justify the small amount of effort needed to get job 50.

Back when it would have taken a week of grinding hours per day leeching with a mage in stings or geographers, you could make the argument. In every case from back then when i trans'ed things prior to job 50, i've regretted it. In some cases, very severely. My scholar is now not sufficient for main scholar in biolabs because I made it before people knew you could teleport snipers with firebolt. Based on my build and everything I knew at the time, job 40 was fine. It wasn't, and now i'm stuck with a severely gimped character, and everyone laughs at me for being an idiot and not going job 50.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 July 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#13 Aethereal

Aethereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

http://www.gn0me.org...?q=shadowchaser

Tbh I don't see a point in getting more skill points than you need. I do agree should go j50 if possible, as hard as it is, but if you're like me and sometimes think "but it honestly isn't needed" then don't bother; however I'd like to point out that for any type of thief, if you get Steal 10, Hide 10, Improve Dodge 10, Double Attack 10, Detox, Envemon 3 - you will only hit job 44. The only way to even hit job 50 is to get envenom 8 which sounds kinda stupid to me. does anybody even use it? i wouldn't know.

even if you reset you still have to put those points into 1st class skills.

BUT for those saying "Oh but you should take into consideration 3rd class requirements" check out that link. NO skills that you have as Stalker or Chaser require anything more than hide and steal. roflsauce.

eta: and if the skills change later on, i highly doubt the pre-reqs will be changed - because look at all of the trans class skills that got changed in renewal, they still have the same pre-reqs. :mellow: but, who knows.

Edited by Aethereal, 26 July 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#14 Psion

Psion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

I am still going job 50, but I agree. I doubt that they would change it so that you need anything from a thief for a shadow chaser that you don't already have that's for stalker.

#15 Psion

Psion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Finally.
Posted Image

Edited by Psion, 29 July 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:29 AM

http://www.gn0me.org/skillsim/?q=shadowchaser

Tbh I don't see a point in getting more skill points than you need. I do agree should go j50 if possible, as hard as it is, but if you're like me and sometimes think "but it honestly isn't needed" then don't bother; however I'd like to point out that for any type of thief, if you get Steal 10, Hide 10, Improve Dodge 10, Double Attack 10, Detox, Envemon 3 - you will only hit job 44. The only way to even hit job 50 is to get envenom 8 which sounds kinda stupid to me. does anybody even use it? i wouldn't know.

That is exactly how I used to feel. Then i made a char that got none of those useless skills, and then found out they were useful in a manner nobody knew about when i was making my character. I now have a scholar that cannot perform essential tasks in parties as a result, and which will be gimped when renewal comes out.

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 July 2010 - 07:29 AM.

#17 Psion

Psion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

That is exactly how I used to feel. Then i made a char that got none of those useless skills, and then found out they were useful in a manner nobody knew about when i was making my character. I now have a scholar that cannot perform essential tasks in parties as a result, and which will be gimped when renewal comes out.

Well for mage, aco, and such I would always go 50. Thief classes I always figured there honestly is no point. :\ Archers I would always go a bit more because one or two of the skills wouldn't be maxed out yet.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

Archers I would always go a bit more because one or two of the skills wouldn't be maxed out yet.

And you've made my point! In renewal, arrow shower becomes good (or it was last I checked).

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Always shoot for job 50 imo.

#20 Sefier

Sefier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationProntera City, Capitol of Rune-Midgart 106,226

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

So what? You'll have to do gators until 60 now. xD

And then get job 50 at turtles.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Merc scrolls make job 50 trivial now.

#22 Meshif

Meshif

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

I always go job 50...

#23 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

Job 50 on a thief is pointless. Unless they make up some brand new skill or suddenly buff envenom, there is absolutely no reason, and it is an utter waste of time and resources. It's too bad that you got bullied into doing something retarded by the community dude.

The normal reasons to go job 50 would be, in the case of certain classes, to get all the 1st job skills that you can, since most of them are good and useful(aco, mage, and possibly merch), or to skip part of the job change quest or to get something extra from it. This doesn't apply to high 1st classes though.

So, for a high thief to go job 50 simply boils down to a waste of time, and a waste of resources. I'd like to hear any kind of logical argument for going job 50, because there isn't. The only argument I've heard so far is, "You may as well," which essentially boils down to doing it for the sentiment of it all. Sorry, but going job 50 will not make you a better stalker, period.

#24 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

I go job 50 no matter what for the hell of it just because its a trans class ;) lol I always maxed envenom tho instead of hide :(

#25 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Job 50 on a thief is pointless. Unless they make up some brand new skill or suddenly buff envenom, there is absolutely no reason, and it is an utter waste of time and resources.

Maybe for a stalker, but assassin cross needs to max envenom to be able to make poison bottles (job 44 first class at minimum, unless player doesn't want maxed steal).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users