Map update stage 2 Morroc, and Payon areas Scheduled 7/29. - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map update stage 2 Morroc, and Payon areas Scheduled 7/29.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#26 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'd love Anubis to come back, preferably with a higher spawn than before due to server popultaion and such. I'd prefer not to still be leveling in GH TUing wraiths to 99 given i was heal-bombing them as an aco. I'm an ME built priest there's nothing in game worth MEing till Gef GD is bought into game, my time playing is very slim i'd rather spend it actually leveling than attempting to find a group in which i'd lose more exp due to being undergeared and far squishier than people like to level with.

Could savage spawn either be raise or put with something close to level like desert wolves, they's so few of them on their current map and the map they're on is currently being botted by roughly 20+ bots.

65 savage bebe to 45 savages seems like it either should be the other way around or they should be moved completely as there is only one map with savages atm and a lot with their bebes.

Along side that more desert wolves please, same reason as above theres 48 and only on one map from what i can see.

Geographers.... don't care where they're put but more than 20 on any of the maps they're currently on or on somewhere where plants can grow would be nice, extremely fed up of the lack of spots to either solo level and being 100% reliant on other people to level. (either that or bring Einbroch and their uber geos please).

#27 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Time for sphinx:

in_sphinx1 -> This map is huge so it justify this spawn rate.

Zerom 65 -> 155
Anacondq 35 -> 10
Requiem 20 -> 35
Drainliar 5 -> 25

in_sphinx2

Matyr 45 -> 70
Drainliar 25 -> 35
Zerom 20 -> 10
Requiem 15 -> 30
Whisper 15 -> 30

in_sphinx3

Requiem 55 -> 80
Drainliar 20 -> 10
Matyr 20 -> 10
Marduk 5 -> 40
Whisper 10 -> 5
Mimic 2 -> 1

in_sphinx4

Minorous 45 -> 30
Marduk 25 -> 80
Sidewinder 15 -> 25
Evildruid 1 -> 0
Mimic 4 -> 1

Now is not the time but when it is:
Anubis 0 -> 15
Marduk 25

in_sphinx5

Marduk 30 -> 10
Requiem 25 -> 10
Sidewinder 10 -> 25
Matyr 10 -> 0
Whisper 10 -> 0
Pasana ?? -> 110
Mimic 7 -> 3
Wraith 1 -> 0
Pharoh 1

Now is not the time but when it is:
Anubis 0 -> 20

#28 Remiri

Remiri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I'd love Anubis to come back, preferably with a higher spawn than before due to server popultaion and such. I'd prefer not to still be leveling in GH TUing wraiths to 99 given i was heal-bombing them as an aco. I'm an ME built priest there's nothing in game worth MEing till Gef GD is bought into game, my time playing is very slim i'd rather spend it actually leveling than attempting to find a group in which i'd lose more exp due to being undergeared and far squishier than people like to level with.

niff2, go with a party or with a sac sader. Good exp/hr for a ME priest.

Heck id goto niff2 with you and tank.

#29 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Seriously, bring back the Bathory UG map. This is a good place for melee to level-currently the only people that are able to "efficiently" level here are knights. This is BS.

#30 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

For Anubis they could make a instanced dungeon or send them to a map [This way allows more parties to enter].
  • It would require a party with 6 or more to enter.
  • 25 Anubis [5 instant] [10 >35 sec C/D] [10 >8 min C/D]
  • 25 Pasana [10 instant] [15 >10 second C/D]
  • 45 ancient mummies [20 Instant] [ 25 1min 30 second C/D ]
  • 3 mimics [instant]
  • Maybe one lower end MvP [Not really sure what.] [ I know I would love to see a Non zombie Anubis with black fur with demon race.]"
  • Entry can be with or without a stone, People that redeem a stone or have VIP you get 40% bonus exp and 60% drop rate for One-Two hours [Only usable in the instanced, it gets removed if you leave the instanced or waiting room].
  • If you Die you get sent to a waiting room so you can Re-enter. [If you used a stone the buff stays for full duration unless you decide to leave.] Sent back to the instanced when dead.
  • If the party is less than Six on same map it expels everyone from the instance. If this happens and you used a stone you keep the buff for the remainder of what is unused.
I may think this may be a good Idea but others are likely to hate it. Anyone feel like giving input?

Edited by HikariYari, 26 July 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#31 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Seriously, bring back the Bathory UG map. This is a good place for melee to level-currently the only people that are able to "efficiently" level here are knights. This is BS.

Agreed. I'd also like to see VIP not require the damn keys since frankly VIP is POINTLESS on classic.

#32 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Agreed. I'd also like to see VIP not require the damn keys since frankly VIP is POINTLESS on classic.

I have a feeling they are testing the new VIP buffer so that he will give VIP some exp increase/buffs. At least that is what I think.

#33 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Oh Add in the Wild rose that spawns in every town with 30 min timer. /shy

#34 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

have you even tried this map? i solo there on a bard, i also party with a wiz and a priest for comparable exp, i see sins soling as well as partying with priests, and the same for knights. what exactly are you wanting to level down there? the change to the map was surprisingly a good one if you actually give it a chance

edit.
on the topic of the thread, it would be nice to see the amon ra map become a nice TU priest / undead floor for those priests who dont want to party

Edited by Triki, 25 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#35 idontcare

idontcare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

For Anubis they could make a instanced dungeon or send them to a map [This way allows more parties to enter].

• It would require a party with 6 (2) or more to enter.
  • 25 Anubis [5 instant] [10 >35 sec C/D] [10 >8 (5) min C/D]
  • 45 ancient mummies [20 Instant] [ 25 1min 30 second C/D ]
  • 3 mimics [instant]
  • Maybe one lower end MvP [Not really sure what.] [ I know I would love to see a Non zombie Anubis with black fur with demon race.]"
  • Entry can be with or without a stone, People that redeem a stone or have VIP you get 40% bonus exp and 60% drop rate for One-Two hours [Only usable in the instanced, it gets removed if you leave the instanced or waiting room].
  • If you Die you get sent to a waiting room so you can Re-enter. [If you used a stone the buff stays for full duration unless you decide to leave.]
I may think this may be a good Idea but others are likely to hate it. Anyone feel like giving input?

i think thats better. but just my input.. i wouldnt mind going in with a party. id like to go priest + my dancer ;)

#36 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

have you even tried this map? i solo there on a bard, i also party with a wiz and a priest for comparable exp, i see sins soling as well as partying with priests, and the same for knights. what exactly are you wanting to level down there? the change to the map was surprisingly a good one if you actually give it a chance

edit.
on the topic of the thread, it would be nice to see the amon ra map become a nice TU priest / undead floor for those priests who dont want to party

Yes, I have. I don't find the change to be a good one. I tried leveling on the map solo on an alchemist with a mercenary. Instead of being able to kill everything, I end up teleporting around until I can find a spot where only bathories are on my screen. I can't kill anolians unless I mammonite or spend a ton of pots trying to kill. The only people I see effectively leveling there are sins grimtoothing or knights with wind endow bowling bash. There aren't really a lot of places where melee can level right now which is kind of a problem. I don't understand why they need to keep anolians here when there are some on the comodo maps and also in GH as opposed to the one "major" bathory map.

#37 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

edit.

They could make it basement 1 instead (http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/alde_dun01/), it doesnt need to be the same map. Or hell, move anolians to the GH Cave 1 instead of having stalactic golems/arclouze there. Might be a pain in the butt to get to, but at least it requires no keys.

#38 Remiri

Remiri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Yes, I have. I don't find the change to be a good one. I tried leveling on the map solo on an alchemist with a mercenary. Instead of being able to kill everything, I end up teleporting around until I can find a spot where only bathories are on my screen. I can't kill anolians unless I mammonite or spend a ton of pots trying to kill. The only people I see effectively leveling there are sins grimtoothing or knights with wind endow bowling bash. There aren't really a lot of places where melee can level right now which is kind of a problem. I don't understand why they need to keep anolians here when there are some on the comodo maps and also in GH as opposed to the one "major" bathory map.

So what you are saying is that the map is bad for the alchemist class while playing solo. I agree.

Sadly, you are playing the worst class for solo play. You are also playing a class that is not needed in parties.

I don't see why the GM/CMs should cater to this and change the map again (it was all anolians 1st btw, which is what most old school players remember) when its current form works for multiple classes, including melee classes.

#39 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

So what you are saying is that the map is bad for the alchemist class while playing solo. I agree.

Sadly, you are playing the worst class for solo play. You are also playing a class that is not needed in parties.

I don't see why the GM/CMs should cater to this and change the map again (it was all anolians 1st btw, which is what most old school players remember) when its current form works for multiple classes, including melee classes.

Not just alchemist, but gank rogues, agi knights, smiths, pretty much any melee class. It's a better leveling spot because they dont hit hard, they are easy to kill, and the loot is decent. It's not like the experience is overpowering, either. I think at most I made 1.2m/hr there without any manuals or exp buffs. Also, it's not my "main" character right now (I'm playing a wizard). Just want something that's leisurely to level when I don't have a party.

#40 Remiri

Remiri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

I used to go down there on my shield sader when it was just bathories. Was great, but I could live without it by mobbing for a group. I hope that those involved with these map changes make every change in mind for party play. This is not a single player game.

#41 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hmm, maybe a Muka map is required? Cactus needle is needed for pot maker. And consider the monsters' spawn number, in before is like 70-80, after renewal is like 140-150, hmm maybe like 90-100? I would love that ideal in stead of walking around finding monsters. Oh and one more thing, the fixed spawn place is cool, like moscovia dungeon 01, it's a cool place to level, I would love if it be persisted.
Others seems to be fine to me, maybe the spawn rate is not exactly the same like before, but I'm ok with it.

#42 talesnut

talesnut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

Make payon 11 have 50 dragontails and 60 ninetails again. Except this time, make them all instant spawn.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Updated OP, focus for today's update will be Morroc, Payon will be done later due to the length of time it takes to make and test these changes.

#44 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Mids 4: Needs more instant spawn isis and less mummies/ghouls. Martyr are OK.
Basement 2: Needs a lot of ancient mummies, maybe even a few khalitzburgs?
Basement 1: Just remove the ghouls and add more minorous & verits
Sphinx 4 and 5 generally just need more monsters.

#45 EnkiAO

EnkiAO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

NO ANUBIS! >:{ Lol not yet. noooooooot yet...

How about increasing the Desert Wolves spawn on morroc field 14???
Pretty big map. Perhaps up to 70~80?

OH! and how about fixing the world map when you ctrl+`? It's too...advanced(?) for the episode/maps we currently have. Thanks :)

#46 EnkiAO

EnkiAO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

• It would require a party with 6 or more to enter.
  • 25 Anubis [5 instant] [10 >45 sec C/D] [10 >8 min C/D]
  • 35 ancient mummies [10 Instant] [ 25 1min 30 second C/D ]
  • 3 mimics [instant]
  • If you Die you get sent to a waiting room so you can Re-enter. [If you used a stone the buff stays for full duration unless you decide to leave.]

This sounds kinda nice... Except for the striked out parts.

As for the party... maybe 5+ is more realistic. But what if the party goes under 5? Would you get kicked? Would the EXP gained be decreased? Say -15% total EXP loss for every one person missing.
  • 5+ people = 100% EXP
  • 4 People = 85% EXP
  • 3 people = 70% EXP
  • 2 people = 55% EXP
  • 1 person = 40% EXP

EDIT: on second though..... Might not be a good idea. Not right now, at least. Forget it. Lol

Edited by EnkiAO, 26 July 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#47 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

This sounds kinda nice... Except for the striked out parts.

As for the party... maybe 5+ is more realistic. But what if the party goes under 5? Would you get kicked? Would the EXP gained be decreased? Say -15% total EXP loss for every one person missing.

• 5+ people = 100% EXP
  • 4 People = 85% EXP
  • 3 people = 70% EXP
  • 2 people = 55% EXP
  • 1 person = 40% EXP

This instances is not a good idea make it no reason to goto the original map and people will farm it up anyways. It's easy to get a party of 5 by yourself.

#48 EnkiAO

EnkiAO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

This instances is not a good idea make it no reason to goto the original map and people will farm it up anyways. It's easy to get a party of 5 by yourself.

Yeah, I was just thinking about it and it isn't a good idea... Gives certain people too much of an upper hand. Too many loopholes.

#49 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Let's not try to create a new game here but just discuss the spawns like meant to. Goddamn. pls pls instance 3x exp unlimited mobs god itens auehuauhea fffffffffff-

#50 EnkiAO

EnkiAO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Let's not try to create a new game here but just discuss the spawns like meant to. Goddamn. pls pls instance 3x exp unlimited mobs god itens auehuauhea fffffffffff-

tranquis Lil' Puppet, you're gonna have a heart attack. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users