What can I look forward to in renewal? - Renewal Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What can I look forward to in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

I've been playing Ygg for quite some time, so I'm fairly familiar with a lot of renewal by now, but the simple fact is, I just don't like it.

I really enjoy RO though, and I realize renewal of some sort if necessary for the continuation of the game,

so, I would be grateful if anyone who has been testing renewal can point out what is good about it from the perspective of an established player (I could honestly care less how renewal helps new players, as I am not one.)

I mean,

I'm unhappy with my main's third class (mechanic).
I'm unhappy that all the gear I've spent three years acquiring is useless except for an icepick and a +7 Battle Hook I bought a while ago for like 5mil.

So, what can I look forward to?

Edited by Sera, 24 September 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#2 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

Well Sera, at the minute nothing. Once you have tried out the new char everything else means nothing. The next few updates looks like fun, we just have to get threw this part first.

#3 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I like the mechanics of renewal. I like the interface changes. I like the way leveling is changed. I just take issue with the kind of poor design of some of the 3rd job skill sets.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I guess it is good that any character is levelable without extensive buffs, which is something I did take issue with prior to renewal.

I personally find the new interface to be cumbersome and awkward to use.

#5 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

even if i haven't tried renewal yet, i can has a perspective about it aftur have seen some vids or screencaps (screencaps?!!) about it

i still have certain concerns about teh Matk, but i just hope renewal don't dissapoint us, cuz when i heard about its coming, i went a kinda excited somehow

and regardin' teh new interface... i'll need updated skins, and possibly, AIs for teh further patches (Sorceror's summons and Homunculi S)

it sounds ironic when teh people say teh lvlin' in renewal became more monotone, when in pre-renewal u may stick in a certain map for way many levels til' 99 (which looks even more monotone)

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

On that note, if anyone wants to actually PVP with realistic gears, let me know.

#7 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

it sounds ironic when teh people say teh lvlin' in renewal became more monotone, when in pre-renewal u may stick in a certain map for way many levels til' 99 (which looks even more monotone)

So you don't like how people grinded HOs endlessly and so on instead of getting other parties, and maybe trying to hunt something while gaining a bit of exp instead....

Ok, so imagine you are killing HOs in renewal. Now you are getting big exp penalties from HOs so you go to a different map to fight HO captains which look different, but otherwise behave the same and are about as difficult as when you were fighting regular HOs. Then after you get higher level, you get a change of scenery again and go fight HO generals, which also look different but still behave the same and were about as same as the first two types when you fought them. And then when you out-level those, you find another new map to fight Super HOs, which, again look different but behave the same and are about the same difficulty as when you fought the first 3 types. Then you go to a different map to fight Mega HOs, then Ultra HOs, then Giga HOs, but overall, you've BASICALLY been doing the same thing over and over again. Only the scenery has changed, the monster sprites have changed, and you may have picked up some new skills along the way. Hmm, sounds a bit monotone to me.

Back when people would grind HOs or some other map like goats endlessly, they HAD a choice to do something different. If they chose the fastest-leveling/monotonous way, that was their fault.

Also, I do not think any type of superficial perk like "interface" should be counted towards renewal. A better interface could have just as well been applied to the old RO.

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 24 September 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Well, I really am just fishing for anything anymore. :unsure:

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

I like the chat remake, but not a big fan of the new information window with the clustered buttons. It looks really unprofessional. Also not liking that I have to hit Esc twice to open the option menu to adjust sounds and stuff. And why hasn't 1:1 chat been integrated into the new chat system yet? (Still opens the old chat box when used.) Third class job change quests REALLY need to be reevaluated and more non-headgear gear that doesn't suck needs to get added.

I'm looking forward to the new leveling curve. That's about it. :unsure:

#10 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

I'm not a huge fan of how the new UI looks, but the new functionality it brings is a good thing. Also, even if you are established, a better leveling curve means new characters will be funner to play. Brand new players having an easier time with the game is a good thing for everyone; more players means a more stable economy/larger community/more funding for updates.

It seems like the fact that we can now level from 99-150 is being overshadowed by negative changes. Our characters have the potential to hunt in new areas, get new gear, level up/get more powerful, and learn completely new skills. I think that's a pretty big thing to look forward too. Ragnarok has been the same old same old for far too long. I'm looking forward to almost all of the new changes -- even ones that don't benefit me -- just because it flips things around and will change game play in a bunch of different ways.

#11 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

For sure you will encounter more random people in the lvling maps and probably make more new friends too while your at it :unsure:. At least that seems fun to me :(

#12 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

Well, I really am just fishing for anything anymore. :unsure:

The new "buy" vend shops (black market bulk buyer) are going to be absolutely awesome for anyone that doesnt play 24/7 and has trouble meeting others ingame to complete trades. I'm just wondering if they will be scattered amongst the vends or if we should sort of migrate them towards a particular street or something (like near the AH).

I *dont* like the new char status bar minimised. Its larger than before and displays LESS infomation. wtf?!?. Screen space in RO is a premium, I dont get why they added the downward arrows when theres the toggle at the top anyway.

The new map is nice, would be even better if it named the mobs when you mouse over it but thats a huge ask.

The new party search function seems like its going to be really good, especially for getting BG/KVM parties going if nothing else.

Some classes got really shafted with their weapons and others were hardly affected. Some got buffed.

Flee means something in most dungeons now for most classes. You dont need a +flee skill and mocking ventus to dodge stuff at high levels (it doesnt hurt though). I'm not really sure on HIT requirements, 1 dex didnt cut it for thors lol (luk adds hit though, so crit builds can still hit average stuff with skills).

Do mechanics get a version of genetics cart expansion to hold more stuff? if not boo they should. srsly.

#13 Rewth

Rewth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

mechanic in general is crap...no boost to anything non woe support really...

No better cart boost or cart rev like alchie gets, no extra weight, no mace skills, nothing...a big fat nothing... :unsure:

#14 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm sure the leveling is a bit better, but overall I've lost quite a bit of motivation to play...if the exp rates aren't increased (just double them, cRO has it on all their free servers) along with the drop rate penalty being removed, I don't think I'll really bother playing much =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users