[Classic] Agi/crit Knight weapon options - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Agi/crit Knight weapon options

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

As of the weapons available right now on classic, is Muramasa the best it gets for Agi/Crit knights? I'm currently using one (like I did way back when, used to play an agi/crit knight years ago when the server was still pre-trans) and just as I remember, the crit and aspd is awesome, the constant curse, especially as it negates any luk, not so much.

So I had a few questions, is Mura the best weapon currently on classic for agi/crit knights? Valorous Assaulter's Katzbalger looks pretty awesome, but I have no idea if battlegrounds are even implemented on the server (nor how hard it is to actually get 100 badges to buy the weapon). Am I right in thinking that the Katzbalger would be superior (especially for PvP but even for PvM since no threat of curse, and increased crit damage, and the huge bonus vs. demi-humans (i.e. HOs and other good stuff). Also, as the server will start catching up, what would you guys say is the best agi/crit weapon longer term? I can see a triple crit Krasnaya being good (though I have no idea when Krasnaya is added).

Anyways, any advice is appreciated.

P.S. Anyone know what episode Morrigane stuff gets added? Obviously that set seems to be as good as it gets for an agi/crit knight.

#2 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Mura knights need to keep their total Luk equal to Base Level +1.

Level 70 Mura Knight needs to have 71 total luk to never get cursed.
Thats how it worked back in the day but I wouldnt know for recent episodes (basically anything after 2007, if it changed to make VIT negate Curse instead then you're screwed for Mura)

Or carry a ton of holy water to negate curse :3

As for anything Morrigane, you're not gonna see this for cheap on classic any time soon.
Morrigane Manteau is from Memory of Thanatos MVP, thats after Transcend and after MUCH transcend content.

Pendant and Belt are from Kiel MVP, another one that comes in after Transcends

And Morrigane's Helm is from Abyss Lake, off Hydrolancers - a 308k hp dragon, 5% drop rate, added after Transcends too.

:3

Edited by Kalandros, 31 July 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#3 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Mura knights need to keep their total Luk equal to Base Level +1.

Level 70 Mura Knight needs to have 71 total luk to never get cursed.
Thats how it worked back in the day but I wouldnt know for recent episodes (basically anything after 2007, if it changed to make VIT negate Curse instead then you're screwed for Mura)

Or carry a ton of holy water to negate curse :3

As for anything Morrigane, you're not gonna see this for cheap on classic any time soon.
Morrigane Manteau is from Memory of Thanatos MVP, thats after Transcend and after MUCH transcend content.

Pendant and Belt are from Kiel MVP, another one that comes in after Transcends

And Morrigane's Helm is from Abyss Lake, off Hydrolancers - a 308k hp dragon, 5% drop rate, added after Transcends too.

:3

I'll look at the silver lining (i.e. have plenty of time to save up for it then :P) and yea I made an aco holy water slave just for that reason. Sadly luk that high doesn't seem to be in the cards when I need to pump both agi and str too. Any idea about the weapon from battlegrounds?

#4 Estra

Estra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well long ago i used to use mura it's a good sword but very annoying to use getting cursed every 3 seconds is not my idea of a good time basicly you need priest and gloira and you need about 50 luk + gloria if you can get gear that gives more luk that will help alot by the time your 99 you need 100 luk so maybe 60 luk + 10 luk from gear + gloira i hate to say this if you put 90+ luk in that agi knight it will make if hard to lv you proabley wont have as much agi so your flee will be low or your str will be low... the only build that really worked well was a knight with about 60 luk + luk from gear and gloira so you dont have to waste so many points on luk.. well this is just kinda what i think maybe there is other options but i never found any other then this .

#5 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I hope classic never gets KVM, and I'm not sure we should get any of the battlegrounds stuff at all~

Anyway, I'd hold on making an AGI Knight and just level a SVD one (thats what im doing) to prepare for an eventual Lord Knight.
If you really want an AGI-Crit character, just make a critsin, they work better and are stronger than AGI Knights ;p

Edited by Kalandros, 31 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#6 JmapSmith

JmapSmith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Classic and Valkyrie

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just equip your knight with whatever aspd knights are using(I'm talking about the weapon). I just don't think hitting something with low damage a good idea for leveling as well as breaking emps. I would rather go for higher damage. Equip yourself with 2x rosary of counter or clip of counter, and with a decent amount of luk, you'll be dealing crits in no time, without being cursed for like every 10 seconds or so.

With this build, you'll not be wasting points on very high luk. Having 80+ or 90+ luk is just plain old rediculous.

I used to play as an agi crit knight back in the day myself and used this build. And found it pretty sweet.

94 str
73 agi
44 vit
44 luk
9 dex

You could go play around with the agi and vit.

Yes, with muramasa, you'll be dealing a lot more crits, but with 2handed sword or even a broad sword out dps someone with a muramasa.

Edited by JmapSmith, 09 August 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#7 Reinhartd

Reinhartd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

yea I realized just how bad Mura is and now I'm stuck with it as it's impossible to level with one lol trying to get my hands on some elemental claymores

#8 Uraroth

Uraroth

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Very Good Post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users