Classic Map update 4 Clock Tower, Sunken Ship - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Map update 4 Clock Tower, Sunken Ship

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#26 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

what exactly were the changes that were made? usually heim posts the changes, but i dont see it.

#27 Casedog

Casedog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

yeah seems they got misplaced this update or something cause usaly they are pretty on the ball for this pretty annoying that they dont post the auctal changes theres just a jambled post of 10 differnt map listings that no one cares about

#28 Amerlia

Amerlia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Perhaps everyone is jumping the gun and no changes were implimented due to the whole GH server dying on them. And instead of having the server go apecrap crazy for the mait taking longer, he'll probably change it later. And I LOVE how people discussed this and talked about it for the past few days and when things weren't "good" all these randoms come out of the woodwork shouting foul play. How... childish.

#29 luminent

luminent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Pretty sure changes were implemented, CTB2 seems a lot more mobby now, as evident in exp changes. Was hitting 2.15m ish/hr max before the maint, after maint I hit 3m once, but it's consistent 2.5m+ an hour. Definitely more mobs there.

#30 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Anolians/Bathories is a good map, please ignore silly trolls and bad baddies.

Making CT1 a bathory centered map wouldn't be bad. It is a very big map and bathories are nice easy prey for nubs.

CT2 need more clocks badly. The archer skeletons are fine. They in no way disrupt mage leveling.

CT3 Needs more alarms and a reduction in Archer skellies. The archer skellies tend to get clustered in narrow path ways and half of what they are now could be nice

CT4-I really have no idea for this one.

#31 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

sunken ship was fine as it was when you made this thread

#32 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Anolians/Bathories is a good map, please ignore silly trolls and bad baddies.

Yes, those should leave and not play this game right?

#33 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Yes, those should leave and not play this game right?

They can stay, It's just some people's basis for leaving some maps as is has nothing to do with improving game play for the entire community. They are only worried about their leech account having a safe place while they get easy solo level.

Properly balancing risk/reward for xp makes people party and keeps the community healthy.

#34 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

They can stay, It's just some people's basis for leaving some maps as is has nothing to do with improving game play for the entire community. They are only worried about their leech account having a safe place while they get easy solo level.

Properly balancing risk/reward for xp makes people party and keeps the community healthy.

Yeah, nobody is "trolling" about underground wanting to be reverted to Bathories/Jokers/Whipsers/Swords. From what I've seen, the only people leveling in the new UG are Knights, Sins, and Wiz/Priest.

#35 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Yes why do they allow players without a party to play this game at all?
That is really unhealthy and insane.

#36 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

History has proven that what the masses want is not always what the masses need. Why? Because the masses are usually stupid/ignorant or greedy/selfish and will not fully think things out from a neutral perspective that's based on balance. More often than not, the masses will think in terms of how they can benefit the most regardless of how little sense it might make.

Remember kids, the world is flat!

#37 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Lol, if only i was talking about LEECHING in bathories, no i was talking about actually y'know leveling instead of waiting till LHZ and homuns ;)

As i've said before... how many maps are anolians on vs bathories in a stable amount/spawn. Last i heard alchemists are pretty capable of leveling solo but i've not known many people to wish to party them because... it's retardedly slow, for everyone involved.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

I certainly wasnt trolling when i said to remove anolians have you seen the amount of them in other areas?

Given I leveld 3 chars on a bathory map that had 0 anolians on it in a CLASSIC RO state it wasnt too much to ask to have it put the same way as it was... merchant classes were in bathories alongside knights.

Guess YOU got what YOU wanted again. (*coughscrollscough*)

Do we really have to rub shoulders with gm team to get anything we suggest? thats sure how it seems right now. Why should everything cater to how YOU level, does noone else play this game in Xellie land and god forbid other people wish to have a map how they remember it when they USED to play.

Bringing back RO players that played years ago by giving them something they can't remember and don't like ... -_- yeah, seriously. Shouldn't the bugs be fixed before map adjusting? hows those DC's coming along?

Or you can level the same way on the same map (the way it used to be)-Bathories. If you want Anolians so bad then go to one of the many Anolian maps in game and level there. How many dedicated Bathory maps are there? One, and it doesn't give much room for other classes to level there.

Ya both are bad, I 99ed my original sin in 2004 when the map was purely anolians and before icepicks existed, it was a rush to get to 99 because Amatsu was coming and the map was being ruined (for my class). So actually, I want the map how I remember it. Once Anolians became bathories, Assassins moved to magma or TI. Mainly magma, but both required critical gear or ice picks which isn't highly available at this stage in the game, but was at THAT stage when those changes were first made....

As for the rest of the anolian maps, I've tried them. They're too big and the density is too low. It's the map size that makes it worth while, and if anos gets changed without a decent amount of notice, I'll be out a bunch of Zeny from WoVs and rental saharic.

Personally I think they should clone the map and do one of each, but it isn't happening. Actually if you level down there and mob, the bathories move faster than anos, so it's perfectly feasible to level off the bathories alone. (I have to kill 2 mobs atm) - but yes this means my exp is slightly slower due to the bathories, but much faster than the other maps. Bathories are kinda low exp so I don't think the knights levelling there atm would appreciate the change either.

@GM bias crap : lol.

Edited by Xellie, 03 August 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#39 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

According ROPD:

Class Level 90+ Highest lvl and number
Priest 64 99-02
Wizzard 58 99-10
Hunter 37 99-04
Knight 26 99-09
Monk 17 99-01
Crusader 11 97-02
Assasin 11 99-02
Rogue 11 99-02
Bard 8 98-02
Sage 7 99-03
Blacksmith 7 99-02
Dancer 7 99-03
Alchemist 2 91-01

What you could do is telling yourself that these numbers show that thegame is really in balance.
On the other hand, you can become aware something should change.

Edited by StyxNL, 03 August 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#40 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Bad, of course your superior ... get real. I never called you bad but ok? feel free to come back with another if you like but it's pretty -_-ty attitude from someone who DOES claim to want to help people other than themselves. I was making a statement that there are MULTIPLE maps with anolians, density has jack to do with it... use a fly wing/tele clip or whatever but those maps are fully accessible to you and you must have it your way right? since i'm not the only person here wanting a dedicated bathory map.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

That class distribution doesnt reflect ability to level, it refects desirability in WoE. (Bard vs Dancer discrepancy) - rogues level the same way as bards and dancers too. Who level the same way as hunters. Funny that. As for priests, I hear they're super good at soloing.

Anyway, at the angry person posting above me.

Read my post, I want one too. Of course I'm going to "insult" you, you implied GM bias which isn't the case at all.

I'm also aware people don't hunt bathories for exp, but for sands / zeny. If you merchie classes wanted exp so bad, you'd be in magma/minos. Just like the old times.

As for the rest, wtf. I want to mob kill? I want to be able to level in a similar fashion to a wiz/knight, if I wanted to kill one by one by one I'd be poking turtles....
So sorry for having an AoE skill and wanting to use it. So sorry for wanting the GMs to keep inconsideration the lack of equipment on the server. Why don't you suggest another map for becoming a bathory map, you know like the super freaking useless Stemworm map, which would also be free for you to access? What a novel idea! nobody uses it anyway! Lets just talk major crap about someone else and accuse them of GM bias and crap or make suggestions that will spoil a map that some people actually like, rather than changing one NOBODY LIKES.

Thanks for the migraine. Jeez.

#42 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

That class distribution doesnt reflect ability to level, it refects desirability in WoE. (Bard vs Dancer discrepancy) - rogues level the same way as bards and dancers too. Who level the same way as hunters. Funny that. As for priests, I hear they're super good at soloing.

Anyway, at the angry person posting above me.

Read my post, I want one too. Of course I'm going to "insult" you, you implied GM bias which isn't the case at all.

I'm also aware people don't hunt bathories for exp, but for sands / zeny. If you merchie classes wanted exp so bad, you'd be in magma/minos. Just like the old times.

As for the rest, wtf. I want to mob kill? I want to be able to level in a similar fashion to a wiz/knight, if I wanted to kill one by one by one I'd be poking turtles....
So sorry for having an AoE skill and wanting to use it. So sorry for wanting the GMs to keep inconsideration the lack of equipment on the server. Why don't you suggest another map for becoming a bathory map, you know like the super freaking useless Stemworm map, which would also be free for you to access? What a novel idea! nobody uses it anyway! Lets just talk major crap about someone else and accuse them of GM bias and crap or make suggestions that will spoil a map that some people actually like, rather than changing one NOBODY LIKES.

Thanks for the migraine. Jeez.

Not angry in the slightest, it's the way i write? lol hard to get across how i truly am over the web ╮(╯_╰)╭

If you have a migrane purely from what i wrote you clearly have issues, possibly need to look into relaxation methods. If you weren't aware we had suggested a bathory only map several times, not just myself either... novel as it sounds but we already used our brains to work that one out.

As for Alchemists being desirable in WoE... why the hell not? and then especially when trans hits unless people are truely waiting for homuns to level, lol.

Can't really comment on the poking turtles thing... i have 3sinx' and 2 champs by the end of pre-renewal most 99'd before ice caves was introduced though.

The GM bias comment was purely based on observation over ... a while, lol. Can't help how people see things, might be just me... maybe not.

#43 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

you mean something like this?
Alde_dun01 (basement 1)
- 60 Stem Worm
- 25 Drainliar
- 10 Iron Fist-> 30 Iron Fist
-0 Bathory -> 90 Bathory
-0 Punk -> 50 Punk
-0 Demon Pungus -> 10 Demon Pungus

#44 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

That class distribution doesnt reflect ability to level, it refects desirability in WoE.

That is a good coloured answer but numbers don't lie, humans do however.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

@ Eternal; I think nix the stems bring the punk count down, and it'd be cool. I'd level there.

Yeah well, we had icepicks before Icedungeon, you figure out how that relates to turtles... But even then I don't wanna do that crap again, I'd rather be able to AoE kill and keep up with other classes..

But you didn't suggest a bathory map that didn't poop all over batholians. I did!

As for Alchems, people will level their defence and killers first for WoE, not their future bios, those come second or later.

The GM bias comment is freaking dumb. I'll say this flat out, I'm not the only one to see the GMs at AX, lots of people have/do. If you wanna listen to 'tards who just enjoy throwing around accusations because they are mad about WoE, or happened to be levelling on the same map as me and got banned (lol btw) then that's your own perogative, but keep it to yourself, because it's not true and just reeks of stupidity.

That is a good coloured answer but numbers don't lie, humans do however.

You can manipulate statistics to say what ever you want. I say priests are levelling too easy, nerf them.

#46 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

you mean something like this?
Alde_dun01 (basement 1)
- 60 Stem Worm
- 25 Drainliar
- 10 Iron Fist-> 30 Iron Fist
-0 Bathory -> 90 Bathory
-0 Punk -> 50 Punk
-0 Demon Pungus -> 10 Demon Pungus

nah, take away stem worms
make this map look like this...

Alde_dun01
- 90 Bathory
- 10 Joker
- 1 Executioner (1 hour)
- 1 Mysteltainn (1 hour)
- 1 Tirfing (1 hour)
- 20 Whisper

#47 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Yeah well, we had icepicks before Icedungeon, you figure out how that relates to turtles... But even then I don't wanna do that crap again, I'd rather be able to AoE kill and keep up with other classes..

That would be nice wouldn't it... alchemists.

#48 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Would be nice to get an actual list of what changed, I know some stuff changed (Elder in CT2) and some stuff didn't (Iron Fists still in HO's).

#49 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Well, obvious none of these alchemists want to WOE. It was decided in a split second.
Too bad they just don't follow the pattern of gathering information first.
Instead the opinion is the first thing that comes up and that is not profesional, not at all.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

That would be nice wouldn't it... alchemists.

Wait, aren't you the alchem that was down in batholians? I saw some doing fine.

Whats wrong with minos anyway? I mean I'm an agi class, I'll get stunned, but aren't chems usually vit if they're mobbing bathories?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users