Classic Map update 4 Clock Tower, Sunken Ship - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Map update 4 Clock Tower, Sunken Ship

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#51 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

no offense id rather have the stem worms than the jokers, sides what is bad about stem worms? they arent 4k exp but they die easily

#52 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

For the woe topic: I don't see myself dying to a sonic blow or dying to poison (thanks to green pots). But I'll gladly be breaking your armor and weapons since you probably wont be coating yourself.

Tried running around down there killing bathories and avoiding anolians. It doesn't work as well as you think. Sorry cart revolution doesn't work while hiding.

You could just ask to increase anolians on existing maps (like cmd_fild03 and gl_sew02).

#53 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Wait, aren't you the alchem that was down in batholians? I saw some doing fine.

Whats wrong with minos anyway? I mean I'm an agi class, I'll get stunned, but aren't chems usually vit if they're mobbing bathories?

Nope.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

For the woe topic: I don't see myself dying to a sonic blow or dying to poison (thanks to green pots). But I'll gladly be breaking your armor and weapons since you probably wont be coating yourself.

Tried running around down there killing bathories and avoiding anolians. It doesn't work as well as you think. Sorry cart revolution doesn't work while hiding.

You could just ask to increase anolians on existing maps (like cmd_fild03 and gl_sew02).

You act like I said Alchems won't woe. They're not going to be mass levelled like other classes till later... and most people will leech them pure pot builds anyway. I'm aware of exceptions but I do understand how WoE works. No you won't be breaking my gear.

An increase on those maps probably won't happen, because it would be ridiculously broken for wizards.

So what would be wrong with moving bathories to alde_dun01 and increasing the stemworm spawn on the field below alde? Instead of nerfing a popular map, nerf an unpopular one.

(p,s: This might be where the percieved bias comes from, because I try to suggest reasonable alternatives.)

#55 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

now.... will the gms do it ◔_◔

ps... can i have my 9k kp/wp back now please ~

#56 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm the luckiest Wiz ever.
Just activated my bonus exp from the Magical Stone thingie to leech some exp for my guild and now the Clock Tower is full of even more dangerous monsters.
Not that I mind though, it makes it more interesting, yet that bonus exp boost is wasted now D:

#57 Ithica

Ithica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

bathory map please

#58 Kintama

Kintama

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Here's my feedback on clock tower 3:

More alarms is great, I love it but why are there are some annoying mobs has to be around such as ridewords and mimics. I even find skel archers less annoying than ridewords and mimics in my opinion. First of all, why are elders there? They don't belong here and they aren't friendly toward mages due to high mdef. It really ruined for me.

It should be something like this:

12 ridewords -> 0
3 Mimics -> 0
40 Skel Archers -> 20
? Elders -> 0

#59 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

You act like I said Alchems won't woe. They're not going to be mass levelled like other classes till later... and most people will leech them pure pot builds anyway. I'm aware of exceptions but I do understand how WoE works. No you won't be breaking my gear.

An increase on those maps probably won't happen, because it would be ridiculously broken for wizards.

So what would be wrong with moving bathories to alde_dun01 and increasing the stemworm spawn on the field below alde? Instead of nerfing a popular map, nerf an unpopular one.

(p,s: This might be where the percieved bias comes from, because I try to suggest reasonable alternatives.)

That would be an improvement, if nothing else changes to alde_01 but the stemworms are pretty ok as they are now, maybe slightly raised but not to much.

#60 Crane

Crane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

so basically asked for opinions and then just decided to make them either pre-renewal 13.2 or keep them the same. Could we actually get a written update to these maps and possibly a review of some?

- sunken ship was better the way it was. another penos map is the last thing that was needed for lvl2
- does GR even exist in sunken ship anymore? this entire map was better before the update thursday.
- CT3 alarms may have increased but ridewords/mimics? lets not talk about risk rewards seeing how these monsters were even removed from higher leveling places like GH castle 2, so we're making newbies suffer now?
-CTBasement looks entirely unchanged i think?
* we could use more high orcs and less orc archers for level 2.
* doesnt seem reasonable to change CTB4 for one class when 5 other classes are benefitting, really anolians/bathory sounds fun.

Edited by Crane, 03 August 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#61 Om1x

Om1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

I levelled down in bathories for 4 levels as a rogue, and honestly the anolians being there is the reason why I haven't played in a week. Yeah, bathories are faster than anolians, so theoretically you could mob them. The problem with that is the massive density of Anolians and the absurd difference in difficulty between the two monsters. I could easily tank 5-6 bathories at a time and aoe them down while taking 0 damage. I seriously can't kill an Anolian without taking 2-3 hits for triple the dmg (per hit) that a bathory does. CT UG used to be the safe haven for anyone who ran a sub optimal pve build. Blacksmiths, strip rogues, alchemists, brandish knights, and crits sins (solo, iirc partied ones went to niff) used to all live down there. Have you noticed now it's just knights, sins, and wizards? And almost none of them solo, all run with buff/endow slaves or strictly in a party. The map just isn't what it used to be. We get it, you're one of the few classes that flourishes down there and you really don't want to lose it, but realistically how much worse would the exp be if you could just run around mobbing bathories and grimtoothing them? I can't see it being that bad as long as the bathory spawn is upped a little bit from what it was pre-renewal. Yeah, you're out your saharic weapons and endow mats, but there's always the option of finding another map where you can use them or even just selling off the endow mats and eating the loss on the saharic. Personally, I bought a saharic hoping it would let me deal enough dmg to anolians that they might be a viable kill target - they weren't, and I'm not complaining that I wasted the money on it. Deal with it.

I for one started playing classic thinking that we'd have the bathory map back, and I grinded 15-20 levels of west and CT HOs knowing that I'd be able to finish off the last 15-20 at Bathories for a change of pace. I was sorely disappointed to find out Anolians were there in that kind of numbers.

edit: I levelled down there just teleporting around single killing/aoeing bathories and avoiding anolians as best as possible, but that is seriously a frustrating way to level when there's so many of them - especially when the map is deserted so nobody is actually killing groups of anolians. I ended up snatching bathories around half of the time.

Edited by Om1x, 03 August 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Bathories are much lower exp than anos sorry.

As for sub optimal PVE builds, you're supposed to have a hard time. I'm running a sin with 50 str @ level 94 and it works for me. I level there completely solo, endowing myself every 30 mins on my laptop. No buff slave, no leech, nothing, just pure soloing.

priest, sin, wiz, knight, bard. Smiths would do just fine down there. Alchems and rogues are the minority in this opinion... can't you do magma? I get it you can't kill golems, but neither can sins or knights really.

How to level a rogue : get DS : level on TI surface. (If you're a strip rogue with low dex, I don't know WHAT to tell you.)

Edited by Xellie, 03 August 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#63 Om1x

Om1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

I get that I'm suposed to have a hard time, playing a dagger rogue with 80 total str/agi and an asston of vit/dex that I really don't need for pvm should indeed hinder my levelling options. My options right now are A: Kill 1-2 high orcs at a time while teleporting from literally everything else (if there is an archer on screen I have to snatch the orc or tele, I can't tank an archer + anything else) or B: Do the same thing at bathories except more often because of the sheer number of anolians. To me there's a difference between not getting amazing exp, and having to dance around trying to find mobs to kill. I know I'll never pull the 3-4m an hour bow classes can get at TI, or the 4-6m an hour that knights are suposedly getting at CT UG. Hell, I'm pulling about 1.9m/h down at bathories right now with a BM and 1.5x exp (which is pretty good considering pre renewal I'd get about 1m/h at the bathories map) and I have no complaints. My complaint is how frustrating it is to do that, to sit there having to teleport around non stop just to find and kill 1 of the 2 bulk mobs on the map. I don't understand why you would have 2 just vastly different mobs on the same map.

Priest and Wiz have plenty of options, don't really need to cater to them. Bards are probably in the same boat as bow rogues, so yeah their options are somwhat limited (TI surface, stings, and bathories I guess since you say they do alright there - personally I only ever saw 1 Dancer down there and 1 bard for maybe an hour, beyond that the only bards were with wizards). The only smith I ever saw down there stayed there for about 20 minutes spamming pots while I saw him trying to kill an anolian, then he left. Haven't tried Magma yet, but I'll be sure to give it a shot next time I feel like levelling.

Believe it or not, not every rogue is a bow rogue.

No point in arguing, you're set in your ways I'm set in mine, just though I'd put in my 2c. Really wish there was 2 separate maps for these mobs, or even 3 (1 being a mix), but it just seems like that isn't happening, nor does it seem like they'll ever be split. Just happens to be the end of what was a fun levelling map pre-renewal. Oh well.

Edited by Om1x, 03 August 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#64 Crane

Crane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

there are so many maps where you could lvl as a rogue that give waay much better exp than bathories, i dont see why you would want to lvl there specifically. I don't level in UG nor do i pretend to know whats best for there. However, as a person who plays multiple melee chars i don't see why a rogue specifically would prefer bathories over places like Ti, Sea otters,plus many other places where they could get much more exp. btw, how are sins, knights, smiths leveling down at UG are they all just single targetting or mobbing with something like rental ck + endow for knight/smith?

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Sin grimtooth, knights BB

Edited by Xellie, 03 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#66 Om1x

Om1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Low def, lack of any real gear required to kill them since they hit for so little, easily mobbed with low hp, and the combat knife helps so that you don't really have to have a real weapon to kill them.

edit: and yeah, knights just mob with the ck and bowling bash with a wind endow

Edited by Om1x, 03 August 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#67 burucchi

burucchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Not wanting to ruin the Ano maps for other people, but really, a "Bathory centric" map would be awesome. It's just... you know, playing pre-renewal and not having that Bathory map to hang out on with a melee Alchie won't be the same. Hopefully Heim and team modify one of the other ones (some good suggestions have been posted before) to make this a reality again. :p_swt:

Edited by burucchi, 03 August 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#68 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

CT 1 - 150 bathory, 20 punk, 20 whisper, 5 joker, 3 elder, 1 clock tower manager

boom

#69 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

there are so many maps where you could lvl as a rogue that give waay much better exp than bathories, i dont see why you would want to lvl there specifically. I don't level in UG nor do i pretend to know whats best for there. However, as a person who plays multiple melee chars i don't see why a rogue specifically would prefer bathories over places like Ti, Sea otters,plus many other places where they could get much more exp. btw, how are sins, knights, smiths leveling down at UG are they all just single targetting or mobbing with something like rental ck + endow for knight/smith?

There are always some people who don't like to think and do their research. They'd rather be lazy and whine about how things are unfair instead of looking around past the tip of their nose and try different things out. They'll also ignore all other possibilities that exist and insist their ideas are the only ideas that are worth anything. These people, are the ones who are labeled as fools.

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

People just want Starsands, it's nothing to do with exp lol.

#71 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

People just want Starsands, it's nothing to do with exp lol.

Speak for yourself.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Speak for myself? Sure, everyone else is!

So I really like that map because my class gets JACK ALL at the moment without icepick. Where would you even level a knight? I enjoy having to use a key to access to because as a melee I get KSed in every direction by dumb wizards and hunters and it's nice not having to deal with it. Why are you crying about killing that map off when yesterday you agreed that an alternative map would be fine. Bipolar much? There, I spoke for myself.

I'll be happy buying your cheap sands with the money I've made at anos. :p_idea:

It's obviously about sands, because if you're an alchem with a non-levelling build, you'd leech it for the exp. If you're a rogue built for WoE, you'll use a bow, because strip without 90+ dex is pretty damn stupid.

If anything, it just sounds like bitterness/laziness/stupidity/jealousy/possibly an attempt to ruin levelling for rivals to insist on that one map being nuked so hard instead of improving an unused map for it. It's really unconstructive and you expect people to be like "yeah sure delete my current levelling spot for your subpar niche build".

No. Now please stop, or start talking about alternatives, because this thread is going to get locked so hard due to this.

#73 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Speak for myself? Sure, everyone else is!

So I really like that map because my class gets JACK ALL at the moment without icepick. Where would you even level a knight? I enjoy having to use a key to access to because as a melee I get KSed in every direction by dumb wizards and hunters and it's nice not having to deal with it. Why are you crying about killing that map off when yesterday you agreed that an alternative map would be fine. Bipolar much? There, I spoke for myself.

Neither map has been changed or adjusted... there is still no dedicated bathory map, instead of calling me bipolar maybe take just a second to think about if anything at all has been done to fix the situation, NO. So yes i'm going to continue asking for a bathory map, just like the many others asking for one.

Really wish you'd stop insulting me though it's really uncalled for and not necessary at all, grow up maybe? lol.

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

Keep asking, but respect the fact some people want to keep anos. Ask for your own map, don't get my levelling place destroyed.

#75 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

I want a map dedicated to Abysmal Knight and crew. By crew, I mean Abysmal Knight, Khalitzburg and Bloody Knight. Just those 3 on one map. Lots of Abysmal Knights and Khalitz and around 10-15 Bloody Knights.

This is the thread to make maps I want right? I see people wanting maps with only Bathorys and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users