Upgrade Technique - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade Technique

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

Ok, so my current project involves overupgraded gear.

-What are some of your methods used to get your gear to that ever wanted +7?
-How many of ea gear do you get before attempting?
-What's the best luck you've had with upgrading?

I usually get all my gears +4, and then swap to the next gear. Then from +5, i'll try them all to go 6. With whats left, ill try to 7.

Currently im stocking up 10ea. For an attempt at a +7. Overkill? Or underkill? I would hate to get like 2+6 and break one only to be left with 1 +6. Maybe stock up more?

For those that have braved the upgrade process, what has worked for you???

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Use enriched? Otherwise its just RNG.

#3 azertygf

azertygf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

-What are some of your methods used to get your gear to that ever wanted +7? i up all +5 => all +6 => all +7 and after i stop (i use enriched after +4)
-How many of ea gear do you get before attempting? i test when i have more than three gear (same or not)
-What's the best luck you've had with upgrading? best luck 2 muffler +7 for 3 tested.

Edited by azertygf, 02 August 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#4 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

LOL for some reason when I read this I thought about in the early days people would bring priests for full buffs while they upgraded.

But it's all kinda superstition imo. I used to stand at the edge of the NPC's screen lol.

Ok, in all seriousness, I play the value of the gear game. I upgrade all to 6 if possible. Keep as many as possible to recoup any losses in the process of upgrading and chance the extras. This way my funds always stay in the green for upgrade attempts and I lose nothing.

O and I never use enriched on gear going from 4-5 no matter what, would have to have MVP carded gear for me to want to use enriched on such an easy upgrade attempt.

Edited by LordVader, 02 August 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#5 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

First +4 on everything, After that...BALLS TO THE WALLS. ALL OR NOTHING!!

Note: May not get you desired results.

It's all luck in the end. I got lucky and made a +7 set using 3 ea for some and 9+ eq for the last two.

One thing I do though, if I fail. I walk around Pront shopping or whatever to clear the bad mojo.
Also, I find rush refining ends up failing a lot more than when I don't care if it breaks or not.

#6 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Use enriched? Otherwise its just RNG.

Yeah, ill be using Enriched for everything past 4. I forgot to mention that.

So, maybe 10 of the gear may be overkill. Good news!

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

It's all superstition. Nothing you can do works, and believing otherwise is just leading yourself astray.

Also, I find rush refining ends up failing a lot more than when I don't care if it breaks or not.

Nope, you just remember it better. Failing when you really don't want to fail you remember more, and succeeding when you don't care you do too, because of the emotional response ("NOOoooooooo" and "What the hell, why can't I get this luck upgrading good gear?")

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

[insert][insert][insert][insert] /bangbang /bingbing /no1. then hold A + B while spamming [Enter]

#9 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

i remeber without enriched some npcs have higher chance compared to others in some gears, per example i usually get more luck at payon npc refining armor compared to prontera, i tested with a friend of mine, using 20 gears he got 2 +7 i got 4 +7, but refining shoes prontera got higher chance 5/20 compared to payon 2/20, not sure if its true but for my experience always refine at diferents npc depending on what gear iam refining, there is one npc, i think in prontera refine house, that talk about this

#10 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Obviously, having your non-gaming girlfriend click on the NPC increases your chances of upgrading by 30%

Scientific Fact :p_hi:

#11 Superpass

Superpass

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Classic, Yggdrasil

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

It's all luck, but what I have been doing is upgrading all my pikes to +7, then try to get +8 with each, then +9 etc. So far out of 10 I have 2 +9s, and everything else has broken. Not going to try to +10 until I have a few more +9s. Oh and no enriched, waste of money for a level 1 weapon and it doesn't help going from +9 to +10 anyway.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

I press forward, back, up, down, back, X, A, B, Y

#13 Raharja

Raharja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

it's Klapaucius

#14 Raharja

Raharja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

if you want more serious answer :

Ep is Eq price
Cp is Cert price (depending on item)
C10p is +10 Cert price
Enp either of enriched price

Ux7 is cummulative unenriched chance from +x to +7 (refer to http://irowiki.org/w...finement_System)
Uex7 is cummulative enriched chance from +x to +7

A : Eq*(10/9) + 1/10*Enp + Cp*(1/Ua7), if you use enrich from safe level to +1 of it (90%); whereas a is 5 for armor/class IV weapon, 6 for class III weapon, 7 for class
A : Eq + Cp*(1/Ua7), otherwise; a is safe level

B : Eq*(1/Ua7) + (1/Ua7)*; a is safe level

if A <= B use cert ( A )
else use no cert ( B )

this applies well if you have big sample of course i.e. love to upgrade/upgrade for food

Edited by Raharja, 02 August 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

I press forward, back, up, down, back, X, A, B, Y

Its like this silly!

Posted Image

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Its like this silly!

Posted Image

That's how you beat Lunatic mode in Touhou.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 02 August 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

That's how you beat Lunatic mode in Touhou.

There is not a strong enough cheat code in the world for that let me demonstrate:

Spoiler

That is the stuff nightmares are made of D: and there are much harder ones than that from the other games.

Edited by Inubashiri, 02 August 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#18 Aynumi

Aynumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

cover your eyes and hope you succeed.

#19 bl0ck

bl0ck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

cover your eyes and hope you succeed.

i do this ;)

Edited by bl0ck, 02 August 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#20 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

There is not a strong enough cheat code in the world for that let me demonstrate:

Spoiler

That is the stuff nightmares are made of D: and there are much harder ones than that from the other games.

I've only cleared imperishable night with any success(not on retard mode, took too many tries). I played the crap out of it though on all difficulties for a few weeks. I 1 credited easy and medium at least V_V

#21 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Ok, so my current project involves overupgraded gear.

-What are some of your methods used to get your gear to that ever wanted +7?
-How many of ea gear do you get before attempting?
-What's the best luck you've had with upgrading?

I usually get all my gears +4, and then swap to the next gear. Then from +5, i'll try them all to go 6. With whats left, ill try to 7.

Currently im stocking up 10ea. For an attempt at a +7. Overkill? Or underkill? I would hate to get like 2+6 and break one only to be left with 1 +6. Maybe stock up more?

For those that have braved the upgrade process, what has worked for you???

Well, personally I like this method. It's how I go about upgrading, and then once I get down to one piece of gear left, I just keep it, whatever level it's at, until I can get more to upgrade. But usually I'm using like, Divine Cross and Healing staff, so it's not like I need to card them or anything. I still like this process for armors and other weapons though.

Spoiler

Looks to me like you'd have to be a Jedi Master or something to keep track of all the bullets. No wonder they're called "Bullet Hell" games.

Edited by Kuropi, 02 August 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

If its +7 or bust, then just upgrade each gear fully one at a time. Otherwise your wasting resources on the ones that end up +4/5/6 unless you want multiple +7 gears.

Alternatively, if you just want one gear as high as it can go before using kafra ores use this method:

upgrade one piece to a non-safe level, then switch to a new piece. Keep upgrading new pieces till its 1 higher than the first then swap. Doing it this way, you dont end up with nothing after the RNG has had its go. You still have your highest possible upgrade out of the lot.

(personally i just use certs for everything worth more than cert price).

i remeber without enriched some npcs have higher chance compared to others in some gears, per example i usually get more luck at payon npc refining armor compared to prontera, i tested with a friend of mine, using 20 gears he got 2 +7 i got 4 +7, but refining shoes prontera got higher chance 5/20 compared to payon 2/20, not sure if its true but for my experience always refine at diferents npc depending on what gear iam refining, there is one npc, i think in prontera refine house, that talk about this

That was 100% superstition for upgrading, that rumor came about with the socket enchant NPC's (rumor never had anything to do with upgrading).

Edited by Hrothmund, 02 August 2012 - 06:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users