Allow Ice wall on MVP maps again - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Allow Ice wall on MVP maps again

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

That was a pretty bad nerf since people actually like to use that skill on certain maps for things other than mvping. If you want to make it challenging maybe lower the health of icewall instead. Or just give highend mvps skills which kill the icewall. To not be able to use ice wall for PVM just sucks : (

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

You know that the problem involves the mvp being idle.

#3 Duskra

Duskra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

+1 I agree.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Longer reply : Enable it again, but keep it blocked only on the following maps:

Odin 3, thor 3, and smilar high end mvp maps.

But not bio.... bio it is needed for both levelling and legit mvping.

#5 NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

would love to have ice wall on mvp maps again especially bio3

#6 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

+1
Ragnarok online became famous and loved for because what it was. Not because of all the **** nerf patches it accumlated through the years.
Also: i dont even get the idea behind the nerf of ice wall. If the MVP takes damage while the source of the damage is out of range/inaccesible the MVP will teleport anyway. To whom did it even make sense to disable the wall on these maps and for what reason?

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

If you gfist a mob icewalled and immediately fwing/bwing the mob takes the damage but doesn't teleport. Allows for killing high end mvps without them ever fighting back.

#8 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

If you gfist a mob icewalled and immediately fwing/bwing the mob takes the damage but doesn't teleport. Allows for killing high end mvps without them ever fighting back.

I understand how OP ice wall if its just a single group, but you do realize once there is competition they are going to have to end up killing the mvp the old fashion way. If mvp being easy to kill is such a crime then I feel skills like Shield reflect and Mental Strength should also be disabled on mvp map. Cause they make it pretty easy to kill this stuff without a need for ice wall.

To disable the ice wall skill just because there is an MVP on the map is stupid and serves no purpose other than to annoy the player actually wanting to use it for pvm.

#9 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Shield reflect maybe. MvPs have enough skills that bypass defense, so mental strength isn't all that good. Using mental strength to kill an MvP definitely is a lot harder than simply ice walling it in place and not having it fight back ever.

That being said, I still think Bio3 without ice wall is borderline ridiculous.

#10 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Posted Image

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

Ok, got my vote for enabling it again but please disable this piece of -_- skill in Eden and towns please. Some kids kept spamming this crap and it's annoying. I don't wanna bother wasting my time and reporting them

#12 XStorm

XStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

comparing mental str, which can be dispelled or bypassed to SR abuse and IW abuse is borderline idiocy.

#13 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

comparing mental str, which can be dispelled or bypassed to SR abuse and IW abuse is borderline idiocy.

Thank you for going off-topic. You are right certain mvps do bypass / dispell, but the point of the topic is:

1. There are better ways to prevent ice wall abuse then disabling it on the maps.
2. Most of the current mvp maps that have ice wall disabled were never subject to Ice Wall abuse. Even at the beginning of server I didnt see anyone trying to kill Orc Hero or Maya using ice wall / Gfist since they are pretty easy to kill even without. So to disable ice wall on a map like that just seems unnecessary.
3. If there is competition, the ice wall probably wont be used.
4. Ice wall was actually legit used in bio 3 and satan morroc maps by parties trying to level.

Anyways lets keep to the topic, my reasons for mentioning Shield Reflect & MS was to make a point that there are other skills which make MVPing a piece of cake, if the GMs feel MVPing shouldnt be easy then lets disable those other skills as well.

#14 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I don't see how you are comparing tanking with MS to abusing to kill MvPs with either Ice Wall or Shield Reflect.

That being said I'd like to see Ice wall enabled in Bio3.

#15 grandeurmaster

grandeurmaster

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

I understand how OP ice wall if its just a single group, but you do realize once there is competition they are going to have to end up killing the mvp the old fashion way.

this part is very true and very important.

however, icewalling MvPs does take a certain degree of skill not found in most players. sure doing so with a BBed MvP on a map lacking any aggro monsters makes it easy but properly icewalling high end mvps like bio3 / valk / morroc isnt something just any player can do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users