11 replies to this topic

#1 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

As far as i can tell the +9 Glorious fist does not reduce fist cast time at all less I doing something wrong, its auto zen works tho

#2 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

The fist removes the variable cast time of GFist, but the fixed cast time remains. The skill is 1s fixed 1s variable, so the fist should reduce it to 1s (0.5s with sacrament). As far as I'm aware this is intended behavior. At one point it completely removed the cast time of fist after renewal but it was patched in later.

Edited by Doddler, 25 September 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#3 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

I've been meaning to reply my 2 cents for a while but kept forgetting.

Is it really fair to penalize the instant cast on GF with the +9 Glorious Fist? As a Champ/Sura enthusiast, I've at one point dreamed of trying to achieve this +9 Glorious Fist feat just to be able to enjoy instant casting in renewal (and pre renewal) considering how Guillotine Fist now has a troubling 1~2second cast time (for balancing yes I understand). This fist was extremely appealing because of that and its ability to auto reload Zen when you Fury. I do understand the implication and how possibly devastating an instant GF is in Renewal but from what I've experienced on Yggdrasil and read up, there are a lot more 'broken' and 'overwhelming' skills that the 3rds can dish out that are more worrisome.

I believe that the instant ability should be a blessing and a huge reward to anyone that dared to risk and achieved with their tremendous luck and commitment, whether it was farmed, gain legitly or from gambling with Kafka boxes. I can't honestly imagine any +9 Fists existing on our current servers though I do believe one or two may exist somewhere. As it stands the Glorious Morning Star is far more superior weapon in terms of sheer power and damage output (130attack + Slaughter effects + its no size penalty) while the Glorious Fist's (30attack + Slaughter effect + its size penalty of 75% on medium targets) only appealing factor is the Zen reload from Fury (and again, at +9). Yes, I am aware of the new ores that will possibly make it easily achievable through upgrading, but it is still a big gamble to obtain the Fist AND upgrading them, and should be rewarded in my humble opinion.

Just my 2 cent rant on my disappointment in this nerf. My humble apologies and respects if I may come of offending anyone in wanting to adding further craziness/brokenness to the Sura's fire power, especially in this Renewal testing stage lol. I will admit I have saved up quite a few Fist to test my luck with the new ores and reading this thread made me a bit upset.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

Edited by Genki, 28 September 2010 - 04:57 AM.

#4 Jatzu

Jatzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

with sacrament your unable to be stopped anyways. Trying to stop half a second of cast time is near impossible.

#5 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:35 AM

Well, it's not even really that bad. In terms of PVP ability, the fist is better suited to gate of hell. Gate of Hell takes 5 spheres, so you can raging dragon to get 15 spheres, GoH twice, fury to instantly get all spheres back, GoH twice, repeat. The fury casts zen thing I think is stronger than the instant GFist.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

Anyone tested this with Kiel-D01 yet? xD

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 September 2010 - 08:48 PM.

#7 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Okay, I just dug this up on irowiki and I'm not sure if there's been any other update to it passed this date. (irowiki search function)

07/08/2009 - Maintenance
Unless my reading skill has become horribly deranged over excess work and lack of sleep, but that update seems to imply the +9 Glorious Fist was always intended to reduced both Variable AND Fixed cast time to Guillotine Fist. (instant?)

That's the best I can do with my current researching. More feedback would be great!

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

And with over a years worth of testing and balancing it was deemed dumb to leave the most powerful skill in game capable of getting insta-cast, ignoring all the new balancing things in renewal.

I'd be careful quoting any renewal stuff more than 2 months old :p_err:

#9 DarkNinja

DarkNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

My friend is saying he has already tried checking past that date and found no other such updates on the +9 function of the Glorious Fist. There's a few videos of the Unique Guild on kro with their Sura instant Gfisting this year. If you can provide a link to any official news mentioning of the +9 Fist (past that date) being readjusted to include the Fixed cast time again then that would be great. He'll be a good sport and accept it. Thanks

#10 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

I can tell you right now that +9 glorius fist does not reduce anything at all, I cast fist just as fast as I would with no weapon on as I do with mace or that +9 glorious claw, unless 100int 110dex and sacrament already reduce fist to minimum cast time the weapon is broke other then for the auto zen

#11 Genki

Genki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

Necessary Bump.

Good news from our kRO community friend, Eltan at irowiki. (private message)

Hello Eltan, I was wondering if you can help me out with the +9 Glorious Fist. We've been testing on the Yggdrasil test server and it seems the +9 Glorious Fist can no longer instant cast Guillotine Fist/Asura Strike. Is this a bug or is this how Asura Strike is intended to work in Renewal?

I have seen videos from kRO WoE (I'm not sure which server) this year that has a Sura from the Unique guild, who can still Instant Cast Asura Strike with his +9 Glorious Fist. If you can ask around the kRO community for us, that would be great!

Thanks for your hard work Eltan.

Hello, Genki.

I've never heard that +9 Glorious Fist can't remove the fixed cast time of Asura Strike anymore. We still use instant cast Asura Strike. If this changes, I'll let you know. :angry:

If all is good with no further complications, please fix this before the launch of Renewal on Ymir, and we can finally rest this case.
Thanks!

Edited by Genki, 09 October 2010 - 03:04 AM.

#12 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

Necessary Bump.

Good news from our kRO community friend, Eltan at irowiki. (private message)

If all is good with no further complications, please fix this before the launch of Renewal on Ymir, and we can finally rest this case.
Thanks!

well if this is true then its not doing anything but auto zen atm at +9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users