9 replies to this topic

#1 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

As stated in title. I've used it in through poison cloud, normal attacks and venom pressure and it will not work.

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

It does work I have been killed by it many times. You must have been very unlucky.

Edit:
Also note that as a GX you cannot poison someone that is already poisoned by another GX poison.

Edited by Clogon, 25 September 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#3 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

I don't know, for my and my friend, Oblivion Curse never worked.

#4 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Oblivion Curse I believe can be resisted with a high amount of INT. Not sure if Leech End is similar, but as Clogon said you can only be affected by one poison so if they're already poisoned with something, the other poisons will be ineffective.

#5 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

INT is probably the reason. I was using a max Int AB. Should try another chara. Maybe Leech End works the same? (Because yes, that works and it hurts.)

#6 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

Bah, sorry I referenced the wrong skill. It's Oblivion Curse that I've found will not work. The pvp room i was in had alot of high int characters, though it is strange that it wouldn't work at all.

#7 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

You can gain immunity to Oblivion's Curse by having 125 INT. Else, the only way to gain Immunity from GX's Poison is by already being infected by one. However a Chaser can bypass this and is able to inflict any GX poison on you except Oblivioun's Curse by using Deadly Infect even if you are already poisoned.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

I watched someone run past me in pront near the valk taking ~1k damage ticks where he died. Was highly amusing, so yep oblivion curse does work.

Keep in mind a lot of players are experimenting with max (120) stat builds, and a lot are also running around with +20 genetic foods, Bris's etc. Its quite conceivable a lot of them have immunity to virtually *every* status effect ingame right now if they're packing 130-150 in all stats.

#9 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Oblivion Curse doesn't do the damage per second, that's Leech End. Oblivion stops you from regening SP naturally.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

guy said it was oblivion curse, but probably meant leech end in that case. OB prevents skill use, thats its main function. didnt realise it stopped sp regen as well (not that it matters since you can't use SP!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users