• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rewth

Rewth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hey i heard from someone that they are taking out the xp items when renewal hits (a.horns, frill, etc) is that true?

I have been watching the forums etc semi closely and i have not seen that anywhere...

So is this true or not? thanks

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Well since Eden Group will have those repeartable quests I'd say it has a very high possibility of happening.

#3 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I don't recall any definite answer to this, but I remember the GMs saying the item turn ins would be revised. As they currently are, they would obviously be giving too much EXP... Not to mention, in many cases, the monsters for those quests no longer exist on the maps we have them on now.

The Eden Group works quite a bit differently than the repeatable quests, since Eden Group quests are available only once every 24 hours. I'd say it's likely we'll see more item turn ins, but they'll be adjusted for Renewal.

#4 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Yes they will more than likely be removed they did in KRO they will in IRO

#5 Rewth

Rewth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

hmm i am just wondering if there will be an easier way to lvl for those really early levels. BOB and such are the norm for so many people i can't even think of leveling from a lvl 1 char...lol

Will there be a easier way to even get to lvl 30 or so easier?

#6 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

hmm i am just wondering if there will be an easier way to lvl for those really early levels. BOB and such are the norm for so many people i can't even think of leveling from a lvl 1 char...lol

Will there be a easier way to even get to lvl 30 or so easier?

Leveling in renewal is completely different. The Eden group provides some repeatable experience quests similar to the old exp turn-ins that allow for power leveling at certain points. They will not let you skip the first 30 levels though.

Edited by Doddler, 25 September 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#7 Rewth

Rewth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

Ya i enjoy the lvling in renewal from what i have tested. I did not do the eden group stuff however...

#8 Hitotsu

Hitotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

people got lazy with bill of birds, people got lazy with a LOT of things.

one main thing I love about renewal is it teaches people how to play the game again.

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:13 AM

The old repeatable quests as they stand dont fit at all with the exp tables or mob level placements so it'd make sense for them to be fully removed, initially at least.

Depending on how the eden quests work out, it might be good to see (balanced) repeatable quests make a come-back later on, especially since theres a very large lack of monsters to hunt from 135 or so onwards. Maybe they'll re-implement iRO specific quests like we have now, or they might enhance the current ingame ones.

Depends how soon after RE we'll get monster that can be leveled on in the 140's. Currently the only thing around that level is bio3 mobs and they cap out at 144 i think.

#10 Rewth

Rewth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

oh i am all for people actually playing the game. It always made me laugh to have people that were a 99 trans class asking me as a non trans how to play the trans of what i am playing :unsure:

I do however think it's nice to just get past those insane blah lvls at the very start (seeing many of us have done them many many times...)

If however they have this eden group or other things to help that along i am cool with that.

#11 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

I'm curious as to why the early levels are regarded as being different than levels that come after it. It's not like the early levels are difficult to power threw without the exp turn-ins (like, 20 minutes at spores+wolves nets you the first 40 levels pretty easily). The bill of birds turn in doesn't even really save you much time.

Anwyays after renewal, the whole leveling experience becomes more linear, so you spend similar amounts of time at low levels as you do at higher levels, which is to say level 10-11 might take you 10-20 minutes, and level 70-71 might take you 20-30 minutes. Compare it to current RO balance, level 10-11 might take 1-5 minutes, and level 70-71 might take 1-3 hours depending on gear.

#12 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

When I was leveling my little thief in renewal, I was doing this super easy quest that gave you a level per turn in. Do those hang around for a while or do they go away in Renewal?

#13 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

The ones from eden do, the ones from "helpful henry" dont.

I think the insane "blah" levels are the last handful, not the first ones. I'm still concerned this hasnt changed in renewal, and is possibly worse (1/3 of the exp of pre-re trans 99, but mobs give 1/5 - 1/50 the exp).

Also I havent had a chance to get in there yet, but bio3 looks from youtube vids as hard (or harder) than it was before, and leveling there is (currently at least till we get new episodes) a requirement at 140+

*edit*

Took a walk through bio3, and its about has hard as it used to be scaled with the new jobs. sinx/sniper were hitting me for 22k with 30% reductions. Could flee most stuff until it powered up, eventually got killed by a sniper that was hitting me out of cloak, probably a mini but it didnt have aura. Guess they had their auras removed with the 150 cap?

Edited by Hrothmund, 27 September 2010 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users