[Renewal] Server maintenance 8/7/12 - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal] Server maintenance 8/7/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#126 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Did anyone test if anything "new" is suddenly affected by player reductions? Like dragon breath/suicidal/warg strike/hell plant?

#127 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Aw I'm your friend now <3

This is CEB:

Cat Ear Beret: The description reads "If upgraded to +5 or higher, increases Physical damage to and reduces Physical damage from [Demi-Human] monsters by 2% per refine level."

Actual effect: "If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases Physical damage by 1% to Player monsters per refinement, and reduces Physical and Magic damage to Player monsters by 2% per refinement after if upgraded to +5 or higher"

Ok... my pet... better now? u can be my sex slave as well =P

#128 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

DB still works, I'm assuming Hell plant does too.

My full synopsis so far:

Cat Ear Beret: The description reads "If upgraded to +5 or higher, increases Physical damage to and reduces Physical damage from [Demi-Human] monsters by 2% per refine level."

Actual effect: "If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases Physical damage by 1% to Player monsters per refinement, and reduces Physical and Magic damage to Player monsters by 2% per refinement after if upgraded to +5 or higher"

Red Pom hat: Description "If upgraded to +5 or higher, increases Magical damage to and reduces Magical damage from [Demi-Human] monsters by 2% per refine level."

Actual effect: "If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases Magical damage by 1% to Player monsters per refinement, and reduces Physical and Magic damage to Player monsters by 2% per refinement after if upgraded to +5 or higher"

Zakudam Card, Combat knife, Thara Frog Card works. Have not yet tested Giant Magestic Goat, Fallen Bishop Card. Even though someone claims Fallen Bishop Card does not work. (haven't tested myself so I can't say anything about that)

Feather Beret and Abysmal Knight Helm works.

Edited by KamiKali, 08 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#129 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Excellent. I wish I was home to help test, I'll test the siege gears after the npc comes up after WoE once I get my hands on some.

#130 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Handkerchief still works too.

#131 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

They should just remove it completely since it doesn't stop anything. You can use it with or without the delay implemented. The delay only lowers the DPS. But it shouldn't matter, because the people who abused it have either quit, moved to classic, or don't care enough anymore. This is one of those things that should be recorded and reported if it is being abused too much, anyway. Not punish the hundreds of people who play warlock because of a handful of idiots. That's like putting a cool-down on slims because people use autopot programs.

As of right now I'd say the threat is basically nonexistant. If someone starts abusing it again they should be reported and banned.

While you're at this gms, can you please change the reading spellbook manual to be like the warp manuals? That is, being able to use the keyboard?

And this is why i'm giving up on my WL. Just seems WL not get loved in the game. I mainly pvm and never its wl needed anywhere. My sura, gene ,RK all have their uses. wL.....can't think of one reason.

Edited by harlokjai, 08 August 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#132 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

seems the sports event is broken... timer seems to be broken... been 7 hours and still cant continue

#133 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Any word about these new changes getting fixed?

#134 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

ive been doing the sports thing every 3 hours how is it broken?

#135 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

they fixed it last night

#136 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Sooo WLs get their cool downs adjusted. How about rangers get less cooldown for Arrow storm and warg bite? As well as Minstrels / Wanderers get less cooldown on Severe rainstorm? (or perhaps other skills?). It seems like those classes are also unloved when it comes to PVP and WoE.
Not to mention that Vellum crossbow is suppose to have a %of by pass def. there's also enough anti range gears out there to make range damage weaker. Not a lot of anti magic gears. Also as well as most classes don't really need to +12 all their gears just to do better. When rangers need to +12 everything and get rare cards just to be able to do alright.

I also saw a lot of WL every WoE which are mostly comet build and stuff so I don't think reducing cooldown on some skills for some classes won't make a difference either. Yet everyone complains about rangers and no one on this.

#137 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Warlock's skills have not been touched this maintenance. Also there are quite a lot of anti magic gears in the form of MDEF boosts.

#138 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Sooo WLs get their cool downs adjusted. How about rangers get less cooldown for Arrow storm and warg bite? As well as Minstrels / Wanderers get less cooldown on Severe rainstorm? (or perhaps other skills?). It seems like those classes are also unloved when it comes to PVP and WoE.
Not to mention that Vellum crossbow is suppose to have a %of by pass def. there's also enough anti range gears out there to make range damage weaker. Not a lot of anti magic gears. Also as well as most classes don't really need to +12 all their gears just to do better. When rangers need to +12 everything and get rare cards just to be able to do alright.

I also saw a lot of WL every WoE which are mostly comet build and stuff so I don't think reducing cooldown on some skills for some classes won't make a difference either. Yet everyone complains about rangers and no one on this.

A 3 sec cooldown for AS is nothing compared to WL skills. And with the large amount of sp it sucks up, and the annoying spell book windowslow us down anyway. AS have fast cast time too. And only people in the center gets the most dmg for comet, I support reducing the release cooldown ! !
Actually, I support all fair treatment of skills!

But yeah, 3rd class are so unbalanced any way you look at it. 2nd class so much better

Edited by harlokjai, 09 August 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#139 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

AS can get instant cast ridiculously easy. It doesn't need to be adjusted.

Warlocks, on the other hand, need a lot less cast time and cast delay.

#140 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Actually AS needs MORE cooldown. unless they restrict amplifiers to wanderer only, or put a heavy SP cost for rangers using it

#141 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

if they wear 2 amps they dont have the whitewing set on

#142 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

if they wear 2 amps they dont have the whitewing set on

Its either:

1. Damage
2. Instant Cast
3. Damage and Instant Cast with Strings :D.

#143 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

omg! they need to either nerf suras and their cursed circle!
either make it something like make it impossible to cast skills when a sura ccs, or break cc when they try to GOH or gfist you so that you can throw stones or interrupt their cast, or make it along the lines of unfrozens countering frozen status by lets say deadly armour countering CC.

you really are so helpless in front of a sura who can snap in and out, disable you with cc and you watch him Gfist you when they know you can survive GoH
>.<

Food for thought!

#144 Hasnain

Hasnain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

what about the hockey mask and odin mask is that updated yet??

#145 avinash666

avinash666

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

not able to log in after patch process is completed can anyone please help after patch process is finished and i start ragnork setup is coming not login if say ok for setup please can anyone help to play ragnork

#146 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Try the following methods to see if it works for you.

1. Run setup.exe as administrator and save settings and then run Ragnarok.exe (for renewal) or Classic.exe (for Classic) as administrator.

2. run Ragnarok.exe (for renewal) or Classic.exe (for Classic) in compatibility mode for windows 98 / XP.

#147 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Well in general, if WL classes are gonna get adjusted I think other skills for other classes that people don't usually use like maestros/wanderers or maybe mechanic,etc should also be adjusted. Not just rangers in general. I think if that happens people who had those chars that quitted would prolly enjoy playing these classes again. As for rangers, it is true that those factors are a drag for some players, but WLs are also capable and prolly can do more if the player plays them properly.

I just think that with all these gears that keep coming up for common woe classes such as sura, etc. makes other classes forgotten since people would rather play those common deadly classes.
I would think that it would be more fun if people get to have some sort of balance(which is what skill balance patch is supposed to be for) Instead of seeing majority sura/rg,etc every WoE. It's just sad to have a certain char and fully geared yet still can't do anything against some OP class that is not even that geared. Imbalance is too obvious.

Edited by Memoir, 10 August 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#148 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

not about being adjusted

a while back people were exploiting a bug allowing for unlimited release or something like that.. needless to say once this was brought to light they added a temporary quick fix that made it burdensome by adding a very annoying cooldown to reading spell book and release..... while they could properly address the exploit

since then they haven't un-done those temporary measures and we'd like it addressed before they start to get comfortable in thinking this is the new norm.. which would be BAD

Edited by Helios0, 10 August 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#149 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

not about being adjusted

a while back people were exploiting a bug allowing for unlimited release or something like that.. needless to say once this was brought to light they added a temporary quick fix that made it burdensome by adding a very annoying cooldown to reading spell book and release..... while they could properly address the exploit

since then they haven't un-done those temporary measures and we'd like it addressed before they start to get comfortable in thinking this is the new norm.. which would be BAD

It wasn't a bug. It was a hack. That apparently wasn't fixed.

Who on earth told you it was a bug?

#150 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't see how AS is anything compared to like DB spam, for example; AS is just a one-shot, huge delay kind of move. You're not even supposed to die to it in woe unless it's a mvp carded bow, but the same can be said with fbh. Warlocks shouldn't even be complaining since release is pretty much instant cast and uninterruptable unless howled and blahblah - that's op in itself especially with a screen-wide attack like comet. With that extent, range, and re-castablility, that's pretty ridiculous.

Give Rangers a ranged amplification scroll and that would be on a more even playing field.

Rangers are useless when in cooldown. I see some rangers just literally stand there for 3 seconds just to use AS again because they can't do anything else with the cooldown unless they can ctrl+click/auto attack, hide, warg bite (if there's no wall or obstacle in between), or run away and fall back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users