Patch Notes v. 432 - Bug Fixing - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 432 - Bug Fixing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Just some minor fixes to help the new Sea of Dawn GA.
---

Game Arena - Sea of Dawn
  • Increased HP and Defense of Teiwaz Fragment, Frigid Sentinel and Frozen Sentinels.
  • Increased level of Exalted versions to scale corrected with Sea of Dawn (Exalted) bracket.
  • Increased Judgement Swords impact and removed the ability to target (These swords are not intended to be killed by players, they are designed as environmental obsticles to make players move out of their range when they appear or face some considerable damage!)
  • Corrected a found issues from boss loot table in Sea of Dawn (Exalted & Normal)

#2 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

how long, if you know?

#3 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Server is up and running! Enjoy~ :Emo_16:

#4 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

aren't you tired releasing bugged stuff each week? that you have to patch right away, taking the server a second time (if not more) down?

amateurs

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

aren't you tired releasing bugged stuff each week? that you have to patch right away, taking the server a second time (if not more) down?

amateurs

Well I guess they shoul hire you then since you know what to do better than they do

#6 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I wouldn't like working for such kind of company.. AT ALL ! lol

I'm judging from facts, not from air or rumors, I'm judging from what's happening with each updates.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just saying, a small company, with a small staff, in our broken economy cannot afford to hire an extravagant amount of staff and high end technology. Thus, errors will occur more than usual or more in comparison to older and funded companies like Blizzard Inc. From my perspective, being that I live in the same state and have to deal with the same issues that the ROSE staff deals with, it seems normal. Though I can also see your point, it's still a company and it's clientele do deserve the best they can offer, which is what I see being given here. A massive overhaul of skills and content, as well as the addition of new instances, to keep end-game content appealing.

Edited by Zurn, 08 August 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#8 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Server:siren

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

how dare you judge ONLY GOD shall judge man in the finals days ..

#9 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Keep it on topic, everyone.

#10 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

So these new weapons from the Sea of Dawn are for level 210 but... they are worse than level 200 epics and even level 200 crafted weapons. Whats the point of this?

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Probably for looks, nothing more, though a useful instance reward would be nice for a change, or atleast a system that would allow you to turn in instance points for gear only available from an Instance Vendor.

#12 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

So these new weapons from the Sea of Dawn are for level 210 but... they are worse than level 200 epics and even level 200 crafted weapons. Whats the point of this?

The point is new weapon doesn't mean stronger weapon. At least they develop on new content, so we can wait for 210 level epic.

We called them epic because those weapons are the strongest. If level 210 epic worse than 200 epic, then only we see some problem.

#13 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Thing is, new content has more sustenance if it is actually useful. If the new weapons were actually useful, there would be more of an attempt to actually get the one you need. The 200 weapons are going to be the best forever.

#14 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Develop new content how exactly. So far its mostly rehashed plagiarism of rose maps and mobs really new content I think not

#15 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:leonis

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Edit : nvm! was assuming those new weapons would have PvM bonuses but they don't; lower dura, lower ap,lower stats, lower acc... I really hope the new jewelry will worth it.

Edited by luciolle, 09 August 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#16 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

can i see pics stats of weapons?

#17 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Develop new content how exactly. So far its mostly rehashed plagiarism of rose maps and mobs really new content I think not

so... only 5th+ planet would be considered as "new" content?

this reminds me on making 3D vs post production (compositing, special effects - for example using Adobe After FX, Nuke, Flame, etc)

3D - you work days and nights in a dark room, eating junk food, clients are mad because they can't see things "right now"
- it takes time to make models, textures, UVs, rig (skeleton), bone weights, animate, setup camera and lights and all shaders, and finaly - render
sometimes days sometimes MUCH longer and in 99,99999999999999999999999999% situations if you show them some stage before final is rendered - they just see it as THIS is the final render and say you sux and don't know your job and you are not even be able to work as garbage collector
(disclaimer - it is not that I have anything about garbage collectors or disrespect them - I just quoted some clients remarks)

post produciton - you work in nice super comfy room with aircondition, eat best delivery food (sushi for example :)) and client is super happy because it is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get - instant feedback) + even if you just turn on some fancy (and expensive) filter they are always like woooow coool you roxx
(and of course they pay you much more :D)

back to Rose:
lots of things have been done and are being done to allow something better and more fun than "are you ready to save the world great warrior? bring me 100 rat tails!" boring stuff

new map - although it is based on Luna models and textures - because it IS part of Luna - in my opinion it IS not "rehashed plagiarism" as you said but instead nice expansion and new content :)

#18 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Thing is, new content has more sustenance if it is actually useful. If the new weapons were actually useful, there would be more of an attempt to actually get the one you need. The 200 weapons are going to be the best forever.

I believe they will release a powerful epic for level 210 end of the day. But I guess they will manage the community game play before they release new epic.

Now level 200 epic still consider rare and some players spent about 4b for epic katar, gun, staff etc. What would happened if level 210 weapon are stronger than level 200? Those who spent so much for level 200 epic will quit game, this is sad to hear but it will happened.

So they might want to increase the drop rate for level 200 epic, when level 200 epic became common weapon or gear. Then only they will release something more powerful to replace them. I guess this could be the best way instead of today I bought iphone4s tomorrow they release iphone5. Cheers~

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I believe they will release a powerful epic for level 210 end of the day. But I guess they will manage the community game play before they release new epic.

Now level 200 epic still consider rare and some players spent about 4b for epic katar, gun, staff etc. What would happened if level 210 weapon are stronger than level 200? Those who spent so much for level 200 epic will quit game, this is sad to hear but it will happened.

So they might want to increase the drop rate for level 200 epic, when level 200 epic became common weapon or gear. Then only they will release something more powerful to replace them. I guess this could be the best way instead of today I bought iphone4s tomorrow they release iphone5. Cheers~

2 things

since when should a lower level weapon be stronger than a higher level weapon [base raw stats] if you ask me, 210 should be equally strong as a 200 unique. [quit spamming the word epic, it just sounds dumb, and they are tagged as "uniques" in game.]

numba two! if you dont want to spend 5bil or w/e on your "epic" 200 weapon here's a tip. Get off your lazy butt, go farm one, then farm materials to refine it. durp. that was, is almost entirely free! I'd rather spend say 10mil on food, 20k on transport, 100k on scrolls. Rather than 5,000,000,000 to buy it from someone who spent 10,210,000 to get one to drop. doesn't seem very logical to me.

#20 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Gravity themselves called them Epics when they implemented these weapons so everybody just uses their word
A veteran like you should know that *cough*

lots of things have been done and are being done to allow something better and more fun than "are you ready to save the world great warrior? bring me 100 rat tails!" boring stuff

Nice quote from The Noob lol!

Posted Image

#21 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Do you quit playing video games when the next gen console is released? Do you quit using a cell phone when the next upgrade is released? Do you quit driving your car when they next years model is released?

No one just 'quits' when something new is released that is 'better' than what you already have, and if you are going to when improved weapons come out in Rose I don't know why you are playing an MMO in the first place.

#22 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Sea of Dawn feedback

1. Regarding weapons and new jewelry
  • The stats are worst than epic while they are for lvl 210 and epics lvl200. Either add pvm bonuses 5%offense 5% resistance, or make them equal as epics (base ap/acc/dura/stats)
  • The amount of base stats to equip it is too high (for exemple 384str for the mini exalted axe)
  • They drop too often, market will get flooded soon.
  • Only +1% and +1 stat for the luna jewelry compared to tutankhamun one, needs to be increased.
  • mistake : the one handed sword is noted as "crafting tool" lol
  • Bug : the wand doesn't do any damage.
  • Bug : the gem is on the bottom of the staff instead of the top, but don't fix it it's fun!
2. Regarding the map, monsters
  • The map is nice although there's still that bridge bug.
  • You sometimes get attacked but there's no monster around you.
  • The wisp will follow you for miles aways. And that cyan color is kinda strange maybe make it a bit darker.
  • A better background would have been nice and to actually see Luna trapped.
  • The map is somehow hard, you need a good team and to know what to do. That's a good point =)
  • The boss swords summon is a very nice idea, you have to move a lot and not just click and wait. good job !

Edited by luciolle, 09 August 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#23 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Do you quit playing video games when the next gen console is released? Do you quit using a cell phone when the next upgrade is released? Do you quit driving your car when they next years model is released?

No one just 'quits' when something new is released that is 'better' than what you already have, and if you are going to when improved weapons come out in Rose I don't know why you are playing an MMO in the first place.

"Quit" from the game doesn't mean stop playing all the game, you must think logically and don't translate my meaning up side down. To be honest I hope they release a better weapon, I have sold all my gear and epic 1 month ago..

since when should a lower level weapon be stronger than a higher level weapon [base raw stats] if you ask me, 210 should be equally strong as a 200 unique. [quit spamming the word epic, it just sounds dumb, and they are tagged as "uniques" in game.]

numba two! if you dont want to spend 5bil or w/e on your "epic" 200 weapon here's a tip. Get off your lazy butt, go farm one, then farm materials to refine it. durp. that was, is almost entirely free! I'd rather spend say 10mil on food, 20k on transport, 100k on scrolls. Rather than 5,000,000,000 to buy it from someone who spent 10,210,000 to get one to drop. doesn't seem very logical to me.

If you check the grade of new item then you will see grade 8. If you check level 200 epic you will see grade unique. If yo check your honor gear you will see grade honor. Then you will know the difference between them.

210 should be equally strong as a 200 unique <<< you are just a player not developer and not even a moderator, take it or leave it.

Edited by ZullyFace, 09 August 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#24 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

amateurs

atleast they have tried to fix it

#25 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Sea of Dawn feedback

1. Regarding weapons and new jewelry

• The stats are worst than epic while they are for lvl 210 and epics lvl200. Either add pvm bonuses 5%offense 5% resistance, or make them equal as epics (base ap/acc/dura/stats)

We will be adding a small PvM Offensive Bonus for the Weapons

• mistake : the one handed sword is noted as "crafting tool" lol
  • Bug : the wand doesn't do any damage.
  • Bug : the gem is on the bottom of the staff instead of the top, but don't fix it it's fun!

The Mace showing as a Crafting Tool was reported in the bug section so we got that.
The other two will be worked on, but can I ask in the future to post in the bug section. I check there first and its easier to nail down the bugs if posted there instead of the off chance I read it here.

2. Regarding the map, monsters

• The wisp will follow you for miles aways. And that cyan color is kinda strange maybe make it a bit darker.

We are looking in to this and will probably do a slight color change to separate the two Wisps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users