[Renewal] NOSPAM ERROR- Wondering if this is an Isolated incident - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] NOSPAM ERROR- Wondering if this is an Isolated incident

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#26 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Here is some info dunno if this is useful or not, but I tried to copy my iro client and play it into my friend's computer, and it works completely fine.
Then when I play it on my own com, it's getting the nospam.dll error.
So I believe the problem is in the compatibility in ur com. Either 1 of the setting in ur com won't trigger the nospam.dll or there is a 3rd party program that prevented it. Aka virus or anything

#27 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

i dunno what it could be. i dont understand why its only affecting certain people. i can tell you this though, i do not have a virus. my computer is clean .

#28 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

If someone who is experiencing this problem provided information about the state of the executable files in their client folder by following the instructions in this post, then it would assist in diagnosing its cause.

#29 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

wait is this for the chatting public error? cause i get an error everytime i chat in public. or i see public chat.

#30 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

If someone who is experiencing this problem provided information about the state of the executable files in their client folder by following the instructions in this post, then it would assist in diagnosing its cause.

Unfortunately this will not help much, I think we have pretty much identified the problems and kRO is just gonna have to disable it and delete and remake. Its an unholy mess what they did and unsalvageable. I am going to recommend a revert and hopefully that will be done during maint, if not I quit cause this is a bunch of bs. I don't see how they could screw this up so royally. If it ain't broke don't fix it. -_-

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 August 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#31 thewhtmonkey

thewhtmonkey

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

wow so what happens if they dont do a revert? will we be left in the dark... thats not fair.

#32 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I don't know, will have to speak with Heim on Monday. I did have permission to do some limited testing with a hexed version to disable the loading of nospam so people could at least play but I been so busy this weekend with IRL stuff. At this point I'm just gonna wait til I can speak with them as there is no sense fixing it now and a hotfix comes on Tuesday. Will keep it in reserve as a plan B as in plan Bandaid

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 August 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#33 thewhtmonkey

thewhtmonkey

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Well both are good news for all of us having this issue. If the hotfix dont work then lets cover the booboo wit your Bandaid lol and RL stuff is always more important :) but thank you for your hardwork! cheers.

#34 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

thank you thank you for looking into this. i appreciate it. because i dont want to be left in the dark. its a bummer that a lot of people are missing a very good week for VIP and other goodies but if we only miss a week, i cant be too upset. but if i miss more than a week im gonna be sad :-/

#35 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

hey i put the blockspam to 0 in nospam.cfg and the problem still be there! i hope for a solution! :sob:

Ditto & I get this error when I am by myself just walking in a field even. So I still don't understand or see how it is spam related but if you say so.

I also have had this happen when I am alone just fighting monsters normally without a bunch of skills being used.

I still have a question that I don't recall ever seeing an answer to. Was the server and/or router ever replaced and/or actually fixed because that is when my problems started?

Edited by Razzez, 14 August 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#36 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9321 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

For the people that can't play at all with this have they tried using /exall to block all chat from everyone? It mgiht make the game playable but you won't be able to talk with anyone.

#37 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

nah that didn't work. :P

#38 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

yea it didnt work for me either. so are we left in the dark or is gonna be re patched??

#39 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Its gonna happen one way or another if I have to do it myself.

#40 thewhtmonkey

thewhtmonkey

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

just patched ro stil got the error. sucks ****- Ok reinstalled and repatched just for good measure and im still getting the error, if this is happening to me still, than i can assume it must still be happening to others? if not please post and help me out if it did fix for you. It may be up to inubashiri to save us with plan Bandaid now. :p_cry: :p_cry: :p_cry:

Edited by thewhtmonkey, 15 August 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#41 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

so i just patched it as well and i still get the "can not load NoSpam.dll" my game still crashes whenever someone chats or i chat.... i thought this was getting fixed?????? did it ever get mentioned to anyone??

#42 thewhtmonkey

thewhtmonkey

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

inubashiri got our back witness lol least i hope so...or we can write some emails to gravity and complain? idk

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Please make sure that you are sending ticket reports to the GM Team, we need to have as many of these as possible...the reports we get on the forums often do not contain the details we need to send to our devs.

#44 eternalwitness

eternalwitness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

I have been :) i have sent in three. and they keep giving me the run around and tell me to the same things: run in admin, run in compatibility mode, or copy files. i dont know how many times ive heard that. and still nothing works. ive reinstalled the game several times too. i have tried everything .

#45 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

hey i put the blockspam to 0 in nospam.cfg and the problem still be there! i hope for a solution! :sob:

"blockspam 0" only fixes the rare occasional crash, which affects everyone. It won't help you if you're crashing due to "could not laod nospam.dll."

#46 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

We've been testing on a windows XP Service pack 3 laptop we have here in the office. Installed from a fresh download, double client, running as admin, but not getting the nospam crash error. The more information we have on when, where, who was speaking, what map, what was said, how long the client was running, this will help us to try replicating the error. So far, it looks like (from the user numbers and tickets) it's around 10% of players being affected by this. We know that there are many XP users who are still able to play and connect.

#47 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9321 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

@Oda. Just so you know people can't tell you what was said unless they were purposely testing with a friend to force a crash. When it happens out of the blue, you are disconnected and on your desktop with an error before you even know what happened.

#48 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I've had a few people who did test with friends. I'd like to see more of that.

#49 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

it doesn't matter what is said :o even a simple period -> "." would make me crash aha. everything public chat crashes me.

and that includes Dazzler and that one maestro skill that speaks out loud.

#50 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

If you get "Could not laod NoSpam.dll", you will crash every time you or someone near you says something in public chat, without exception. As you noted, it doesn't matter what was said. The error report will have:
(1) only empty space between "Exception Type: 0xc0000005" and "eax:"
(2) "edi: 0x00000000"
(3) the line under "stack xxxxxxxx - yyyyyyyy" beginning with "xxxxxxxx : 0F 91 69 00"
I don't know why it fails to load nospam.dll (kRO didn't see fit to include any useful information in the message box), but we do know why the failure leads inevitably to a crash.

The other issue we know about affects everyone, and the error report will have:
(1) "0x____2780 nospam.dll" under "Exception Type: 0xc0000005"
(2) "edi: 0x_____000" where _____ is non-zero
With this crash a "stripped" version of what was said can actually be found in the stack dump, but again that doesn't matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users