16 replies to this topic

#1 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hello.

Whenever I come within range of the entrance portal of Sikuku Ruins, my client will crash. The only way I can enter is if I use a ROSE Teleportation Ticket from the Item Mall.. and if I try and leave the area from inside, my client will also crash as soon as I leave the area. My only way in and out are Item Mall tickets... I already made a support ticket hoping that I get reimbursed for these tickets. However, how can I fix this issue so that it doesn't happen anymore?

Thanks.

#2 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

In the patcher before you click the Start button, click on Settings and go to the Advanced section of the Settings and run Check All and Defragment.

If that doesn't work, make sure that your DirectX is updated to the latest version: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

#3 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Neither solutions fixed it.

My DirectX setup determined that I have a higher or equivalent version of DirectX and I tried running both Check All/Defrag.

Both solutions still cause a crash in the above mentioned circumstances.

#4 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

My game just crashed again. This time at coordinates 5984,4464. I'd like to fix this, as I've already used 3 tickets and it's quite frustrating knowing I could technically walk right inside infront of me.

#5 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

Bump. This is really sucking.

#6 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Can you post an error message?

I can not replicate a crash when moving into that map.

#7 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

No error message is provided to me. The client simply becomes unresponsive and frozen. Nothing can be clicked nor alt-tabbed out of. The only way to close the client is to Alt+Control+Delete and end the process. When I reenter the game, I am loaded on the same map, however at the respawn point on the opposite side of the ruins entrance. In which, when I try and go to the ruins once more, it freezes up again.

#8 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

One question just to make sure we are on the same page.

You are moving into the Map, and not the Maze at the edge of the map correct?

#9 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have taken the liberty of posting an image of where I am freezing at. Take in mind, I normally run in full screen, I could not do so this time because I can't take a screenshot in a frozen window. It is difficult to see obviously in this picture, however, everything is frozen. My screen cannot move, my mouse cannot function unless I quit the game by ending process.

Posted Image

#10 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I am having our Quest Guru look into the checks that the game does when moving maps.

Hopefully he can help us locate a reason for the crashing.

#11 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

OK I've been tearing this whole zone apart trying to find some issues and everything SEEMS OK...

By any chance are you on either of these quests: Ritual Stone Investigation or Stop the Devil Pest Ritual!

If so, try abandoning them and then zoning again. There may be an issue with the zone trying to read whether or not your quest timer has expired.

Also, make sure you are running the client as administrator to reduce most random zone crash issues.

#12 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I removed all quests from my quest log. Restarted with Right Click > Run as Administrator.

I still crashed in the exact same spot.

#13 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

The image you posted there is nothing in that area that should trigger something to cause the crash or hanging.

What I would suggest is turning down the effects and see if that helps you.
Just beyond the visual edge you see in your screen shot is a flame effect, and I wonder if that is causing you problems.

#14 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Okay so I tried out a few things just now.

I removed all traces of my graphics driver and reinstalled the latest version/support software. I set my graphics to low, bloom effect lowest, view range lowest, resolution even lower to 1280x768. The game runs completely smooth as it always has and yet still, as soon as it reaches that area... BOOM it freezes. Still no solution.

#15 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Out of curiosity what video card?

Also if you let it sit there for a minute or so does it eventually load?

#16 Saterial

Saterial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

ATI Radeon HD 6750m 512Mb GDDR5 - overclocked further
4Gb DDR3 RAM
Quad Core Intel I7

With these specs, I should not have any choppy lag.. which I actually find that I do all the time even on medium setting (does not make sense, my graphics do not lag in intense graphics games such as MW3 or Crysis 2 on High setting) and I've actually been wanting to fix this too... I don't see why ROSE graphics would even make me lag as it's detailing is not even close to the intensity of some of other games that I play.

And 2, if I let it sit there nothing happens. I've kept it sitting there for upwards of 20 minutes at one point and it was still frozen completely.

#17 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Well your system may be able to handle newer games fine, but Rose Online is from like 2001, so your system specs are there, but the games compatibility with your hardware is not. With the recent update, your performance may be better.

As for the crashing, and I know this was a post from about a month ago, but, were there any other players near by, or mass items on the ground or something. Abnormal visuals also cause the client to become unstable very easily. I don't think the client is setup to interpret visual effects outside of what it's normal effects, and other things do. So anything out of the norm causes the client to crash, or freeze up.

Although your client is frozen, your still connected to the game, it just doesn't know how to proceed graphically because an error occurred in the visuals I'm guessing. That is why your client hasn't completely closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users