The hotplate of creation.. - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The hotplate of creation..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am at my desk, things have calmed down as the daily "tasks" have been completed, now it is creative time for the last hour of my day.

A project I hadn't ever really thought of has come into view.. the airport system. To understand why this is even interesting to me I need to let you know a bit about the system behind the scenes.

Each area in Ragnarok has its own server files that control the NPCs, usually things are somewhat sensicle in their locations; looking for that prontera NPC that talks about his love of porings? check the prontera files. Or if it is a quest that covers many areas it usually will be in the quest files. Well the airport system is not sensicle at all.

There are at least 7 different files that feed into all the airports, the 2 airships and all their little NPCs floating around. This is a problem right now as only about half the towns, Izlude, Einbroch and Juno are accessible, but the some of the airport support files do exist as they were hidden within other active things (izlude airship staff thief lady).

We hadn't intended on putting the airship system in place until after lighthalzen or Hugel update, but I think there is cause to want to do it sooner, so with that we are cutting out all the "pieces" from their individual areas then building an "airport" file set so we can more easily update the system in the future.

So tomorrow's maintenance should have the airships screaming through the air, connecting Izlude and Juno, and the domestic flights from Juno and Einbroch.

The loop for the domestic flights is cut down to under 2 minute loop, so it isn't a terrible wait anymore, as more towns are added we will have to add turbo chargers to the ship to keep the loop time low.

#2 SpacedOutAnt

SpacedOutAnt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

That sounds like quite the undertaking, but I'm sure it'll vastly improve the current airship system. Just the fact that there is less wait time between destination changes sounds great. Could really waste a lot of time trying to get places there.

Keep up the good work!

#3 Tsuka

Tsuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Loki - Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

I dont think its necessary adding the airport right now, but u can add an teleport service from Juno to Einbrioch and Einbrioch to Juno.
Its more easier, for u guys and for us...

#4 Porink

Porink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

I am at my desk, things have calmed down as the daily "tasks" have been completed, now it is creative time for the last hour of my day.

A project I hadn't ever really thought of has come into view.. the airport system. To understand why this is even interesting to me I need to let you know a bit about the system behind the scenes.

Each area in Ragnarok has its own server files that control the NPCs, usually things are somewhat sensicle in their locations; looking for that prontera NPC that talks about his love of porings? check the prontera files. Or if it is a quest that covers many areas it usually will be in the quest files. Well the airport system is not sensicle at all.

There are at least 7 different files that feed into all the airports, the 2 airships and all their little NPCs floating around. This is a problem right now as only about half the towns, Izlude, Einbroch and Juno are accessible, but the some of the airport support files do exist as they were hidden within other active things (izlude airship staff thief lady).

We hadn't intended on putting the airship system in place until after lighthalzen or Hugel update, but I think there is cause to want to do it sooner, so with that we are cutting out all the "pieces" from their individual areas then building an "airport" file set so we can more easily update the system in the future.

So tomorrow's maintenance should have the airships screaming through the air, connecting Izlude and Juno, and the domestic flights from Juno and Einbroch.

The loop for the domestic flights is cut down to under 2 minute loop, so it isn't a terrible wait anymore, as more towns are added we will have to add turbo chargers to the ship to keep the loop time low.

What i see now is that people arguing about GMs being lazy, which was true, but why the sudden change of attitude from the GMs team after the complaints?

About the turbo charges, make airship fee to around 2000-2500 from 1500 z.. Or kafra will lose it's rivalry with that of Schwarzwald Republic or they will win for sure from kafra teleport service. To get to yuno from kafra, you'll need 1800 z to alde and 1800 z to yuno, in airship, you'll just have to pay less than half the price..

About having teleport service or teleport skill, they are disabled as magical barriers roaming the Schwarzwald Republic, at least it is part of some sort of the story..

#5 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

the airship doesn't give you kafra penny

#6 eljesus

eljesus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Awesome, thanks for this update!

#7 Eternal

Eternal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Heim please put in Ayothaya.

#8 JesusWasJewish

JesusWasJewish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

Awesome! I always thought it'd be cool to have more town accessible from the airport. I don't know which, just more.

#9 reggie24

reggie24

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Edited by VModCoffee, 31 October 2014 - 11:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users