R.I.P ROEmpire - Hey! I'm still alive! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

R.I.P ROEmpire - Hey! I'm still alive!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

It's gone, been gone a couple weeks. Best RO fansite ever, except maybe ROCards.de in its prime. There's a gaping hole in the RO universe.

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Tell me about it, I've been slowly watching all my RO bookmarks slowly die off 1 after another.

Ratemyserver will probably be around forever even after official servers close down. People go pretty crazy with customizations, there is even a Bleached themed one, bankais and Zanpaktous and everything..

#3 Darkeiko

Darkeiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

*cry* I was using that for all my Pre-renewal stuff before it closed. =[ There goes all my old posts and stuff. ;A;

#4 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

That was all i used back in the day ): Sad to see it go

#5 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I used to get all my old skins from there in pre-renewal...

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Why is this a problem? The forums were dead, and the skins didn't work on the new client, and the information there was out of date.

#7 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Use google search for the sections you're interested in; when you see the link, highlight it -- when the google preview pops up, select 'cached'. Once you see the page, you can save it.

It may not be a solution, but it can help salvage whatever memories you may have.

(Even if the preview redirects to the hosting site, the cache will show whatever page was up. I tested with the thread 'Database Updatedish.')

#8 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

There used to be a database made by someone on the forums where you could actually search for cards, and it would have the picture next to it and all that. It was really convenient for finding cards, unlike the irowiki DB. Sadly, I lost the bookmark for it and don't remember its name, but I remember that it had a deviruchi or something like that up near the menu. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

#9 MrPizza

MrPizza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Anyone remember RagnaMart?

#10 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

You guys remember this!?!?
http://web.archive.o...fansitelist.asp

Man, Nitro7.......I feel so old!

#11 Xanablood

Xanablood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAFK

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

There used to be a market website called prontera.ru I think... it was goodie~

#12 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

There used to be a database made by someone on the forums where you could actually search for cards, and it would have the picture next to it and all that. It was really convenient for finding cards, unlike the irowiki DB. Sadly, I lost the bookmark for it and don't remember its name, but I remember that it had a deviruchi or something like that up near the menu. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Ro Project, was the fansite of Xellie, I used the card finder there too...

Also Ragnasim for calculato + looks was one of my favs :o

#13 darkhissy

darkhissy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Why is this a problem? The forums were dead, and the skins didn't work on the new client, and the information there was out of date.

Pre-renewal speaking it's the best reference for builds. Heck it's better than iRO Wiki Forum. lol
w/e you guys say there are new people who can't build their own.

Edited by darkhissy, 19 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#14 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

You guys remember this!?!?
http://web.archive.o...fansitelist.asp

Stallion, Nitro7.......I feel so old!

Ahhhh the space between every letter... i miss that lol

#15 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

There goes a piece of RO history... The good ol' days when IRO had Euro players and such, and massive classic MVP camping. When you try to talk to an admin and he spams you with "You are now admin. Go nuts!" The days of GTB cards being vended for 500k and not yet implemented... and accidentally discovering natural crit assassin build because SS cards were ridiculous expensive. Algiz assassin guild, Mandy the first max level assassin (I think) and hunters double strafing your face in GH because someone turned PVP on for all maps on Chaos. LOL. Those were some good times.

#16 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am surprised this is a thing

I thought RO empire died years ago when irowiki became popular

#17 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Anyone remember RagnaMart?

Woah, yeah. I definitely remember this name lol

#18 MrPizza

MrPizza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

There's still one forum with posts going back to 2002.

http://www.neoseeker...ums/2910/81.htm

heh we are never gunna get to play this weekend lol...they didnt work today and they dont work weekends either so hang on for a bumpy server ride this weekend and they need to market some sort of RO patch for us to wear to calm the cravings while the servers are down

I buy Cat HBs for like 26-27k and sell them off for 30+k.

IMPORTANT! Just in! There are only 256 PLAYERS ON LOKI RIGHT NOW!!! Normally, the numbers are in the 3000s!!!

Hello this is EnglishGM/Webmaster.
Well in your case,there are many factors which occur troubles like this.

So We suggest you some solutions you can try.

1.Open Setup files and adjust resolution etc.

2.If it's not working, you can delete data in your registry following orders below:

1)Click Start Button on the bottom of your window, open Run command and input regedit then follow a path like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->gravity soft-> (Delete ragnarok all data)

2)open Setup file and adjust again. Run ragnarok.exe Caution:With this case you might lose all memories including friend list and party list.

3.If it's not working, uninstall Ragnarok and also clean your registry(This is very important) then download whole files again.

4.If it's not working, update all kinds of drivers you have and adjust setup file again.

5.(Well this is the worst solution for you) Format your Hard Drive and download window ...etc.
It means you have some trouble to run your operation system. (I hope it will be never occurred to you.)

Thank you.
EnglishGM/Webmaster,
Gravity Corp.

:p_omg: @ #5

Edited by MrPizza, 19 August 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#19 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

:p_omg: @ #5

I wonder if someone actually did it

Edited by Kiryu, 20 August 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#20 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Time for a new fanpage to pop up then :D

#21 RickC

RickC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

I remember using iro.snipah.com for the market for a while.

#22 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Azzy, your attitude doesn't surprise me. For someone so knowledgeable and capable, you can be surprisingly slow on the uptake; after all, it was you who told me that the repeatable experience quests wouldn't mean any big changes to RO. Some of the information on ROEmpire, especially in the forums, couldn't be found anywhere else. And "out of date" in a lot of cases means "current" for Classic. The forums may have been dead, but that still leaves years and years of useful archived information which is no longer available to us. The sheer amount of good info lost is tragic. ROEmpire's forum search function was much better than the RO website's, which is next to useless, and their forum was much better moderated, back in the day.
For instance, there was an excellent screenshot walkthrough of the Trace of Battle quest, much better than the one on the Wiki. There was an ancient, extremely comprehensive (I mean if you printed it out, it would probably have run to 30 or 40 pages) guide to FS priest that Classic has made appropriate again; I expect that a lot of the old class guides and information that were there would be better for users of Classic than what's on the Wiki these days. It was a Classic question that sent me looking there, when I found it was gone. Wiki walkthroughs are fairly scanty, and in some cases even inadequate, misleading, or poorly worded; there were a lot of comprehensive walkthroughs and guides on ROEmpire that were still good. It's a huge loss to the RO commmunity.

#23 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

For instance, there was an excellent screenshot walkthrough of the Trace of Battle quest, much better than the one on the Wiki.

Here.

I can find a redirect thread for the Full Support guide, but because they just linked it to another part of the site, I can't find a cache for it right away. I'll keep poking around.

Is this the guide you're looking for?

Edited by Balthi, 20 August 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#24 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

Here.
I can find a redirect thread for the Full Support guide, but because they just linked it to another part of the site, I can't find a cache for it right away. I'll keep poking around.
Is this the guide you're looking for?

This is excellent. Is there any way that this sort of stuff can be preserved in an easily-accessed, comprehensive way? There was so much more, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Edited by Dmentd, 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#25 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

This is excellent. Is there any way that this sort of stuff can be preserved in an easily-accessed, comprehensive way?

Go to File in your browser, select 'Save page as,' and from there you can work on copying the data yourself into some format you prefer.

When you try to open it, it'll open in your browser, but will be a standalone page -- i.e., the links, unless having functional urls, will be dead. If you save the Waybackmachine page, the links will be operative, since WBM seems to have prefaced each url with its own redirect, making the links functional. Google cache-saved pages will likely not have this feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users