Mouse Wheel Zooming in/out issues - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mouse Wheel Zooming in/out issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Got rid of my old client as instructed to do today via the ticket,,game works now past the Thumb.DB nonsense and now cant seem to configure the zooming in/out features that were once not a problem in the past >.>

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Can you please describe what the problem you're having is?

#3 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

There is a way to mess with the camera angles with the keyboard. Right clicking with Ctrl, Shift, or Alt sets the camera angles to default I believe. Although, if you hold Ctrl and the right mouse button, move the cursor vertical on the screen, either up or down. This changes the zoom. Right click + Alt should straighten it out afterwards if you have a shaky hand. Try playing with these 3 button combinations to get your desired camera angle.

I hope that helps.

Edited by NiteWolfX13, 23 August 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#4 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Can you please describe what the problem you're having is?

Okay,pretty much,the wheel mouse isnt working like its suppose to in game.Outside of it,its prefectly fine.When you use the mouse,your suppose to be able to adjust how close you want to get to the character and how far,and in between distances,kinda like a toggle on a lever.I didnt have this problem until this new client.Not only that,it seems that the camera issue gets suck at some points until I do a full mouse movement only to only be able to zoom in extermely close or as far back as the screen would allow me.The wheel also isnt working on the options in game that have a bar that scrolls up or down.

#5 digispectre

digispectre

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

I've experienced this issue multiple times in the past, so I don't think it's related to any of the patch or client problems. I'm assuming when you scroll with your mouse wheel you zoom all the way in or all the way out...and then when you move your mouse over any of the game windows with a scroll bar (ie, item descriptions, chat window) you're either forced to the very top or very bottom of the window.

I've usually been able to solve this by either disconnecting the mouse and reconnecting it, or by restarting my computer. Have you tried those yet? Sometimes I'll have to just not play the game for awhile, though, and the problem fixes itself.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

OOOH, so moving the mouse wheel either does nothing, or makes the game behave as if you were continuously scrolling the mouse wheel.

I've seen that, but the only time I've seen it happen is if you had a laptop touchpad, and no external mouse, and then hit the touchpad's scrolling shortcut, OR if you plugged the mouse in after you started RO. (both those cases will do it every time). (And in both cases, the fix is to restart RO to unbug it, and either not use the scrolling shortcut, or plug in the mouse before starting RO - so it sounds like this isn't helpful to you).

Is there anything unusual about your mouse setup?

#7 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

OOOH, so moving the mouse wheel either does nothing, or makes the game behave as if you were continuously scrolling the mouse wheel.

I've seen that, but the only time I've seen it happen is if you had a laptop touchpad, and no external mouse, and then hit the touchpad's scrolling shortcut, OR if you plugged the mouse in after you started RO. (both those cases will do it every time). (And in both cases, the fix is to restart RO to unbug it, and either not use the scrolling shortcut, or plug in the mouse before starting RO - so it sounds like this isn't helpful to you).

Is there anything unusual about your mouse setup?

Yeah,that might be why its acting funny.See,recently I just installed a graphics tablet to my PC and the configurations might be interfering with the normal mouse somehow.Dont know why that would be the case since the pen has to be close to the tablet to start taking over the mouse movements in the 1st place.I'll try it and see what happens later today.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yeah,that might be why its acting funny.See,recently I just installed a graphics tablet to my PC and the configurations might be interfering with the normal mouse somehow.Dont know why that would be the case since the pen has to be close to the tablet to start taking over the mouse movements in the 1st place.I'll try it and see what happens later today.

OH! Yeah, that's probably it.

Try disconnecting the graphics tablet when playing RO.

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 August 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#9 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

OH! Yeah, that's probably it.

Try disconnecting the graphics tablet when playing RO.

Nope,still not corrected yet.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Nope,still not corrected yet.

This is strange - Does a reboot after disconnecting the tablet fix it? (if not, that would imply that the problem is not related to the tablet. If it does fix it, at least we know what we're dealing with)

#11 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

This is strange - Does a reboot after disconnecting the tablet fix it? (if not, that would imply that the problem is not related to the tablet. If it does fix it, at least we know what we're dealing with)

Nope tried that already.Iam beginning to think that it might have something to do with the client.I did downloaded it from Firefox.Maybe some of the mouse configurations were lost during the download from Firefox? I dunno.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Nope tried that already.Iam beginning to think that it might have something to do with the client.I did downloaded it from Firefox.Maybe some of the mouse configurations were lost during the download from Firefox? I dunno.

The browser used for download isn't the problem. If it installs, the browser used to download it isn't the problem.

The behavior you're observing is the typical behavior of the client when it's facing scroll-wheel input that it doesn't know how to handle. Real mouse scroll-wheels behave somehow differently from scrolling shortcuts, and this confuses RO (but not anything else!) I suspect it could be triggered by anything that controls scrolling (like, for example, if you have a keyboard with scroll keys on it - I've seen one, and I think my keyboard at home even has two buttons for that, though i've never pressed them, or some piece of bizzaro software that gives you scrolling shortcuts).

#13 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

The browser used for download isn't the problem. If it installs, the browser used to download it isn't the problem.

The behavior you're observing is the typical behavior of the client when it's facing scroll-wheel input that it doesn't know how to handle. Real mouse scroll-wheels behave somehow differently from scrolling shortcuts, and this confuses RO (but not anything else!) I suspect it could be triggered by anything that controls scrolling (like, for example, if you have a keyboard with scroll keys on it - I've seen one, and I think my keyboard at home even has two buttons for that, though i've never pressed them, or some piece of bizzaro software that gives you scrolling shortcuts).

That cant be unless scroll lock is on I thought.And the program last added doesnt deal with scroll options what so ever.This has to be another bug that came along with this client because Ive never seen this happened to me in 13.2 or whatever that patch was named back then.Because I play other online games too that involves scrolling and they havent experienced this scroll lock jam.

#14 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Any more Ideas?

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

I don't have much else in the way of ideasl

I recognize that this is a RO-specific problem. Whatever it is that bugs up the scrolling, every other game and program I am aware of handles it correctly.

That said, this is the first case I am aware of where the problem wasn't traced to a touchpad shortcut, or unplugging/replugging the mouse during gameplay.

Have you tried swapping out the mouse, assuming you have other mice handy? I wouldn't be surprised if some modern gaming mice were capable of bugging RO out like that (by trying to dynamically adjust scrolling).

#16 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I recognize that this is a RO-specific problem. Whatever it is that bugs up the scrolling, every other game and program I am aware of handles it correctly.

That said, this is the first case I am aware of where the problem wasn't traced to a touchpad shortcut, or unplugging/replugging the mouse during gameplay.

Have you tried swapping out the mouse, assuming you have other mice handy? I wouldn't be surprised if some modern gaming mice were capable of bugging RO out like that (by trying to dynamically adjust scrolling).

Tried that already,I have 3 different mices,and the client seems to be doing the same exact thing each and every time.

#17 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Id be nice if the GMs answered my ticket,its been 3 days now today.

#18 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Anyone else experiencing this atm? Theres nothing I can do about it.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Id be nice if the GMs answered my ticket,its been 3 days now today.

They're probably baffled by it too!

#20 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

They're probably baffled by it too!

Issue is still going on.

#21 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Issue is still going on again

#22 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Heh, i have a totally different issue. my mouse wheel has just never worked for scrolling. I just got used to using the buttons that NiteWolfX13 mentioned, though didn't remember the alt one, knew there was a way to straightne it out but gave up on remembering what it was so thanks :)

God luck on fixing the issue, wish there was just a way for you to get your mouse to act like mine, having to use a keyboard might be annoying but it would alteast be better then having a buggy zoom.

#23 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Heh, i have a totally different issue. my mouse wheel has just never worked for scrolling. I just got used to using the buttons that NiteWolfX13 mentioned, though didn't remember the alt one, knew there was a way to straightne it out but gave up on remembering what it was so thanks :)

God luck on fixing the issue, wish there was just a way for you to get your mouse to act like mine, having to use a keyboard might be annoying but it would alteast be better then having a buggy zoom.

While,it seems you seem to be more informed on it than the GMs are.They keep closing my tickets everytime I tell them what they suggested to me didnt work. Its not my fault they didnt test the client before all these potential problems arised and I havent even begun to care enough anymore at this point.Its clear they dunno how to fix that issue nor do they care if its just 1 person experiencing the issue.The current user base saids it all anyway,lol.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

ZeoKenX - you are the only person experiencing this issue. The problem is something on your computer. Likely the drivers for that tablet - have you tried removing them entirely?

While part of the problem is due to the RO client having weak handling of the scroll-wheel, this is a long-standing issue that is easily worked around. There's something unique about your system that is making it behave differently.

#25 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

ZeoKenX - you are the only person experiencing this issue. The problem is something on your computer. Likely the drivers for that tablet - have you tried removing them entirely?

While part of the problem is due to the RO client having weak handling of the scroll-wheel, this is a long-standing issue that is easily worked around. There's something unique about your system that is making it behave differently.

Yeah but that didnt work either.Please note tho I have been having any problems with this patch with the mouse even before I installed those drivers.Ive even unstalled them and RO and redownloaded the client,and the same thing is happening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users