• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

1 for each realm, many players can't WoE cause they play at off peak times, and since guilds need the ability to build eco, they need set times, which is fine, but don't have 1 WoE at an on peak time, you are basically telling alot of players they can't enjoy a big feature of the game

As long as it's set times, but all different times, not simply late afternoon/early night, and on 1 day only, you create an environment where a guild/alliance can include much diversity

#2 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Have trans classes been released on classic yet? If not, I'd wait till some of the players are 2-2 to even start WoE..

#3 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Woe 1 and woe 2 (in the future) on the same day at 10 mins apart, so that everyone has a chance.

Edited by BoingBoing, 26 August 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#4 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

1 for each realm, many players can't WoE cause they play at off peak times, and since guilds need the ability to build eco, they need set times, which is fine, but don't have 1 WoE at an on peak time, you are basically telling alot of players they can't enjoy a big feature of the game

As long as it's set times, but all different times, not simply late afternoon/early night, and on 1 day only, you create an environment where a guild/alliance can include much diversity

WoE wasn't intended to be a battleground that we can play whenever we want to. Its infrequency was what made it WORTH staying awake to 3am or waking up at 5am, because the whole server showed up for it.

Let's not make it a who-cares-if-we-lose-because-we'll-try-again-tomorrow system.

Edited by Nymmastal, 26 August 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#5 WhatsGoodBWood

WhatsGoodBWood

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

it sucks for the people that work wednesdays and saturdays that can never woe because of their same schedule weekly

#6 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

it sucks for the people that work wednesdays and saturdays that can never woe because of their same schedule weekly

That's going to happen regardless which WoE times are chosen. The idea is to minimize how many people it happens to. Don't forget to vote.

#7 bananafishtoday

bananafishtoday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Have trans classes been released on classic yet? If not, I'd wait till some of the players are 2-2 to even start WoE..

2-2 is monk/sage/etc so I'm not sure if you meant to say trans. But no. Pretrans WoE was great and is the reason many of us are playing this server. WoE should start the moment they fix the servers, and I'm hoping that we get to play pretrans WoE a while before rebirth is implemented.

#8 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

WoE wasn't intended to be a battleground that we can play whenever we want to. Its infrequency was what made it WORTH staying awake to 3am or waking up at 5am, because the whole server showed up for it.

Let's not make it a who-cares-if-we-lose-because-we'll-try-again-tomorrow system.

this is not 2003 and 99% of the population no longer has classes only monday-friday with nights and weekends off, stop being selfish

#9 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

this is not 2003 and 99% of the population no longer has classes only monday-friday with nights and weekends off, stop being selfish

Adorable.

Edited by Nymmastal, 26 August 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#10 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

What was selfish about what he said? I don't want 4 different WoEs either. WoE is fun because it's infrequent and each WoE actually matters.

#11 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Main point is many people can't attend, why such a simple point is mind boggling is beyond me

#12 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'd wait till the DC & lag gets fixed first before anything. <_<

#13 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

2-2 is monk/sage/etc so I'm not sure if you meant to say trans. But no. Pretrans WoE was great and is the reason many of us are playing this server. WoE should start the moment they fix the servers, and I'm hoping that we get to play pretrans WoE a while before rebirth is implemented.

Yep, sorry. That's what I meant.

#14 iCadacus

iCadacus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

OP is crazy this is a terribly bad idea.

#15 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

OP is crazy, and this is a fantastic idea

#16 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

OP is crazy, and this is a fantastic idea

You keep telling yourself that.

#17 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

International ragnarok, people work all types of jobs, lots of time zones, its simple, no reason a couple of brats should be catered to

#18 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

If they make WoE 4times a week they should put in all realms. Otherwise a big guild would always have 4 castles.

However, I like the saturday idea. Maybe it fits with my european time :)

#19 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

As a European mid twenties employed 9 to 5 worker I gave up on this game because raids at 11pm to 1am on wednesday was a awful wake up next day and 1am to 3am on Saturday destroyed my sleeping pattern. Its alright for Art Students who are 20 and go into class once a week, or some layabout bar worker but real world once you get employed properly in a european time zone...good bye IRO. Problem is any woe time change would most likely put someone else world wide into the same position I'm in. Having one realm having a woe in a euro time would be great for me but I dout US players would enjoy a 12am/3pm woe and Asian would hate it.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

If you want to pvp randomly with no goals (WoE has goals that is why it CANNOT be trivialized) go to pvp.

It is selfish to expect guildleaders to organize and run a guild 4 WoEs a week. They would have to do all 4 in order to obtain the pieces for their god items. People like me don't want to cater to people like the OP. It's goddamn hard work running a WoE guild. 2 WoEs a week is quite enough, 1 with a week of econ on the line is actually an exciting prospect.

Remember that your fun in WoE relies on the attendance and hard work of other people. If you're the kind of person that turns up and derps around, that is cool. But The high level of competition in WoE is created by it not being a trivial matter. If you trivialize it, that competition will go away. Instead of asking these people to do more work to create competition, etc, you should be thankful.

tldr; League of Legends exists for casualfags.

Edited by Xellie, 27 August 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#21 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

So basically what your saying is anyone who wants to WoE needs to ask their boss to change their schedule just for WoE? Or if they take night classes?

Adding different WoE times would make it more challenging, not take away from the game, and who say's a guild needs to attend 4 WoEs a week.

Guild leaders should also have 2ndary leaders to take care of things.

Your idea that people don't show up because they are derping around is rather unpleasant.

Edited by Ghost007, 27 August 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

I didn't say they weren't showing up. I have around 3 other people I could entrust the guild to in my abscense, but that doesn't change the amount of work needed. We already split the workload between us as is.

I'm saying you should be thankful to the people that create fun WoEs for you, not trying to add more stress to them. Your entire logic is wrong, I run a fully international guild and NOBODY wants this.

People would rather have 1 or 2 highly action packed WoEs than casual, trivial ones. That may suck because of your timezone or whatever, and if you saw my other post where I listed my own guild timezones you'll see I'm full aware of this. But The survival of RO depends in WoE being enticing, and spreading people over 4 WoEs so that every WoE is like Ymir's is a pretty ugly situation that nobody would really enjoy other than casualites with no goals. That would NOT last long.

Edited by Xellie, 27 August 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#23 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

alright, well when I start working again eventually, if I happen to get the good nights, you can kick me out of your guild

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

I don't work like that =P

#25 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

the reason they put 2 woes because it even out with the maintenance time and treassure spawns back in the days. where after saturday and wednesday you only get 3days treassure because of maintenance times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users