Any plans to make cart cannon a real 3rd job skill? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 6 votes

Any plans to make cart cannon a real 3rd job skill?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Bascally to put it short the damage on it is fairly crappy even with the proper build, seen people using non-trans 2nd class skills that make my cart cannon look silly, what can I do to fix this or should I just trash my gene and level something else? How are RG's? am I going to get to 3rd on it just to relize its -_-ty as well? pretty pissed off atm since i worked my ass off and wasted most of the 2x exp to get my alch to gene, and I feel now that it was a waste of my time. Would use my homun but 1: its too weak and 2: I don't feel like spending a month feeding it to get loyalty high enough to evolve the damn thing. AT least I am using a Vanil so I don't need to get it to loyal after evolving to get Homun-S since their loyalty skill is rather craptastic. On this note Gravity needs to change the matk calculation to homuns because any matk based skill on homuns now is total garbage. My 53 filir skill like 3-4k, my vanils lv 5 caprice? 800 if I am lucky and he hits the right element, otherwise its like 500.

I still think the intimacy for homuns needs to be changed for renewal, to maybe be 4-5 per proper feeding insted of 1, due to the increased leveling speed. I also think homuns need to get the vip exp bonus, currently they do not seem to benefit from it.

So what should I do? drop gene for now and trans my sader and try to get to RG? or will I end up regretting that as well? Also got a 99 hunter but I know rangers will be good, i feel like a nub being a hunter/ranger due to how OP they are compared to other jobs. Was with a ranger earlier he did like 100 more damge per arrow than me, he gets arrow storm with no +50% ranged dmg from bow and no white wing set, yet he is hitting 8-10k, easly. CC needs its damage mod upped by like half of what it currently is to make it match other 3rd job aoe skills. Because really, its the only skill we got for leveling, and we had to wait till 3rd job for it.

#2 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

if cc got buffed by 50% genetics with god items would have an instant cast aoe that does 100k damage with no delay in pvm

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Should see the damage Cart Cannon can pull off when a Genetic gets to instant-cast it. Not to mention that despite being a forced neutral skill, it still gets elemental modifier bonuses if you endow them.

#4 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

ok no troll time (I try)

well

Cart Cannon is good my genetic is fail (LV 121 and no, i dont use god items) and my normal damage is 12k~15k and 24k~31k with Buffs and Converters and cast is fast (well no really fast, but my Pokemon S tank so... i have good time to cast 2 or 3 times)

and Homunculo maybe need buff in feeding (only 2 points for feed no more), EXP VIP? lol you dont know? VIP really works in Homunculo, only Battle manuals dont work.

#5 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

if cc got buffed by 50% genetics with god items would have an instant cast aoe that does 100k damage with no delay in pvm

Well maybe not that much of a buff, But meh. it just feels weak for a 3rd job skill compared to other classes.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well maybe not that much of a buff, But meh. it just feels weak for a 3rd job skill compared to other classes.

Severe Rainstorm. Performers. Wanderers. End topic.

Edited by GuardianTK, 02 September 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

What equipment / gears / build are you using? Maybe people here can help you out. Usually genes I see can two-shot any mob at their level range at the early levels and there isn't much cast delay.

If you can get a tank and can afford some bombs, you can also kill MVPs or kill them in ET for experience. (Some people do this as a biochem, not even gene)

Edited by kasshin, 02 September 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#8 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Str 36, Agi 91, Vit 27, Int 79, Dex 50, Luk 1, Thinking of reseting but I kinda wanna keep my agi, getting hit everytime is very costly. but I am open for suggestions. current gear is bloody shackle ball set, mocking undershirt with panties, +4 agi bison horn accessory, Arta snake head hat, cd in mouth and robo eyes. upping str to 99 won't really up damage all that much from my calculations. WOuld go from 71 base attack to about 150, with 99 str and 99 dex. WOuld add some damage but it just doesn't seem worth the stat points if I won't be able to 1 shot anyway. Also using a Eden sabre III (185 atk). I also have a +9 Immune Heroic backpack.

Edited by Siveria, 02 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Str 36

I stopped reading after I saw this stat. Now we know the problem everyone. <_<

#10 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

o.0 CC is awesome <3
Too low str, dude ~

#11 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Does str add damage other than what it says on my attack power? like a hidden bonus?

#12 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

You got plenty of stat points on a useless stat(agi) for a gene. And your weapon(Eden sabre iii) is not the best weapon for cart cannon.

Edited by kiefer, 02 September 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#13 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

my str is between 90-95 ^_^ and i think most mvping gen's do something similar.
High Int, High Dex, Right amount of str, decent vit
not only does ur str need to be higher, but also ur int...much more int :)

#14 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Also this is a bit off topic but what should stats look like at 99/70 for a overbrand/vaninshing point rg?

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Does str add damage other than what it says on my attack power? like a hidden bonus?

Every 2 STR increases your weapon's attack by 1% and your status attack by 1 (and status attack is always doubled in final damage).

Also I'm sorry but every thread you have made is a complaint. After just starting the game. And you never follow advice. Instead of complaining Cart Cannon is weak after only a few weeks on this game, you should be like a thousand percent more humble and ask in the genetic forum how to be better. Instead of assuming you know everything and that the skill must be weak because you don't know how to use it-- instead of assuming nobody else can tech you how to use this skill more effectively.

#16 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

My build on my 141 Gen: 95 STR, 1 Agi, 77 Vit, 105 Int, and 100 Dex. My cart cannon hits 15k - 25k, depending on where I'm leveling. I stopped using my Gen cus it got too expensive, and started leveling my GX instead.

Agi isn't needed for a Genetic, unless it's different after the balance. Your strength is -_-.

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Agi is good for WoE against Masquerades and a vital stat for Hell Plant since you will be able to spam it more with more ASPD. It is advised to get at least 50 AGI if you plan to WoE/PvP on Genetic.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 02 September 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Before s/he even made this gene I told them it was a bad idea as your first character because they are expensive. S/He did it anyway. And is now complaining. Why help someone who doesn't follow advice?

Agi is good for WoE against Masquerades and a vital stat for Hell Plant since you will be able to spam it more with more ASPD. It is advised to get at least 50 AGI if you plan to WoE/PvP on Genetic.

Only if you plan not to mvp or kill in pvm /wah

Aint no way to get decent str/dex/vit/int and still have points for AGI

Also I think your cast time on hell plan needs to be less than 0.2 second for AGI to even be a factor in your DPS cause otherwise your attack anim overlaps the cast bar. Without a mjolnir... or like beelzebub+ magic strings + 30 dex foods, don't see that happening. So.. I wouldn't recommend 50 agi to "every gene".

Edited by Jaye, 02 September 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#19 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Because we are nice people :heh:

#20 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

I stopped reading after I saw this stat. Now we know the problem everyone. <_<

Wait a minute? Is STR that important for Cart Cannon? I can SWEAR that INT was the most important stat for CC.

Also, are there any AGI Build Geneticists? I plan to make a Lightning Bruiser variant 1 (AGI Char with Sera's Pain Killer) and no way I'm going to forfeit the AGI. (no PvP/WoE plans at all, ever)

Anyway, gonna remind you need Cart Remodeling 5, high STR and INT (mostly INT, unless something has changed).

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wait a minute? Is STR that important for Cart Cannon? I can SWEAR that INT was the most important stat for CC.

Also, are there any AGI Build Geneticists? I plan to make a Lightning Bruiser variant 1 (AGI Char with Sera's Pain Killer) and no way I'm going to forfeit the AGI. (no PvP/WoE plans at all, ever)

Anyway, gonna remind you need Cart Remodeling 5, high STR and INT (mostly INT, unless something has changed).

Try testing with a Hurricane Fury +4 vs a Glorious Rapier +9 if you have it. Get 100 STR and 100 INT. Even a Hurricane Fury +4 beats Glorious Rapier +9 by like 10k more damage because it has way more weapon ATK and gets way more ATK from the STR.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 02 September 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#22 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hmm, I was Pretty Sure that Triple Kingbird Red Twin Edge was better for both CC and AB.

Anyway is a Giant Axe a good alternative for Hurricane Fury?

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hmm, I was Pretty Sure that Triple Kingbird Red Twin Edge was better for both CC and AB.

Anyway is a Giant Axe a good alternative for Hurricane Fury?

Ranged damage bonuses does nothing to Cart Cannon, only Acid bomb.

#24 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Giant Axe is a cheap alternative but still a bad weapon because it is level 3 compare to HF which is level 4.

Edited by kiefer, 02 September 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cart_Cannon

"Damage from cart canon does not appear to be affected by special damage mods such as Archer Skeleton card or Glorious Ring"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users