[Renewal] Offer Free Server Transfer :-) - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

[Renewal] Offer Free Server Transfer :-)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Dear GM Team,
dear Community,

I know that moving chars from one server to another is a lot of stress and takes time which you probably better invest in other things.
However, what do you guys (GM Team & Community) think about offering a free or heavenly discounted (something like 2$ per Char!?) Fee for Server Transfers within the 3 Renewal Servers?

Also you could probably lift the restriction a bit like allow more Zeny to be taken with you when you transfer and probably allow Cards to be taken with you as well (No Mini Boss/ MvP!).

While Valk surely does not have the Problems Ygg and especially Ymir got to face, I think it would bring you more $$ in the long run to just let the Ygg's and Ymirian's transfer free to the Server they like than losing them completely due to low population, no fun at woe ect ect.
This way you may lose $ on Transfer fee but get more $ with happy customers buying WPE :)

You probably want to consider to offer a FREE/ HEAVENLY DISCOUNTED FEE Transfer from YGG and Ymir to Valkyrie or YGG.

Thank you for taking your time reading and this and probably taking the time to answer! Thank you!

#2 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

why do you even care basco? you have made your views on renewal very clear(you can't stand it) so why are you asking this?

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

is this a serious thread? its so hard to tell with you bascojiin.... id say let them do a free transfer... but the gms will say it will just further hurt the servers...

#4 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

why do you even care basco? you have made your views on renewal very clear(you can't stand it) so why are you asking this?

Cause after all I care for other people. I can't stand the current Renewal Player Situation just as much as I can't stand Renewal at all and besides the usually trash talk from people,,GRAVITY IS THA SHIIIAAAT" and ,,YOU SUCK THIS SUCK EVERYTHING SUAAAAACK!!!" not many have taken the time to post constructive and helpingfull meant posts.

I know that I have surely not been a good example for a good player in the past, but I realized that with the upcoming changes and the current situation (both RL and Online) I have to be more mature and more constructive. I don't only represent myself anymore but also my Guild and soon my beloved Family in RL.

Edited by Bascojiin, 03 September 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#5 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

honestly i log in there is nobody i log out and go play classic....i refuse to pay another dollar after the thousands i have put into my renewal chars just to move them to another server. transfers should be free.

#6 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

honestly i log in there is nobody i log out and go play classic....i refuse to pay another dollar after the thousands i have put into my renewal chars just to move them to another server. transfers should be free.

If they would offer a transfer for 2$ per char, would you do it?
What would make you pay for an transfer if anything (Free WPE, Special Transfer Box with Kafra Staff in it ectect) could make you pay.

If you are on Ymir:
If they would announce to close the Server and wont do a merge but offer you to transfer your Acc to another Server like Ygg/Valk for a very small fee (2~5$), would you do it or just give up your Ymir Chars and Items?

Edited by Bascojiin, 03 September 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#7 StarDruid

StarDruid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:No where Now

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Personally not going pay to transfer, they move me to Ymir when the server merged long ago, and I'm not losing almost everything I gathered over the years. I've got a lot of gear/cards but no money, and the stuff i have would never sell any where for what I had to pay (got it all pre-renewal) for it since it's mid range gear (Nagan, Grimtooth, Champion Padded/mantle, slotted belts etc). So selling it and trying to buy it again on another server is out of the question. On the top of that I got more then 3 sets of gear for each character in weapons alone and tons of pets. So I'll play the expanded classes till classic adds them then play them on the classic server.

At that point I'll probably letting VIP drop. Hate to leave my character behind but not going to pay money to loss everything I've worked for over the years.

As it is I'm still annoyed I have to use a older client just to play since the new one won't even start for me.

Edit: LOL What I'd pay for transfer wise is have all my characters moved to classic. Not single one is transcended even, and most were made pre-renewal/pre-merger.

Edited by StarDruid, 03 September 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

If they would offer a transfer for 2$ per char, would you do it?
What would make you pay for an transfer if anything (Free WPE, Special Transfer Box with Kafra Staff in it ectect) could make you pay.

If you are on Ymir:
If they would announce to close the Server and wont do a merge but offer you to transfer your Acc to another Server like Ygg/Valk for a very small fee (2~5$), would you do it or just give up your Ymir Chars and Items?

as i said i refuse to give them another dollar on renewal. either they can accommodate me or i can quit all together. i mean we are the ones making their mortgage payments.

#9 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Transfer has to have Zero fees attached to it. Or leave my characters to rot. I won't pay for something that isn't my fault. Someone needs to take responsibility for it and do the right thing. Nickel and diming your customers isn't the way to do it, bad proposal Basco.

#10 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Transfer has to have Zero fees attached to it. Or leave my characters to rot. I won't pay for something that isn't my fault. Someone needs to take responsibility for it and do the right thing. Nickel and diming your customers isn't the way to do it, bad proposal Basco.

Actually my prop was to offer a free transfer^^

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

its funny how most people commenting in this thread dont play renewal... why worry about renewal affairs if your dont play there? of course you people log in see nobody and then go back to classic... if everybody who logged in and didnt see anybody online kept playing then the server wouldnt be dead... all those players would add up ad up and poof the server would be full of people... sooo many classic players complained about turn ins and claimed they liked the old school grind so im not sure why they cant grind as always in renewal... ive never felt the need to do a turn in... ive never even needed a party to level... so are you people just lonely? or are you just complaining to complain and try to sway people to classic?

#12 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

its funny how most people commenting in this thread dont play renewal... why worry about renewal affairs if your dont play there? of course you people log in see nobody and then go back to classic... if everybody who logged in and didnt see anybody online kept playing then the server wouldnt be dead... all those players would add up ad up and poof the server would be full of people... sooo many classic players complained about turn ins and claimed they liked the old school grind so im not sure why they cant grind as always in renewal... ive never felt the need to do a turn in... ive never even needed a party to level... so are you people just lonely? or are you just complaining to complain and try to sway people to classic?

If Renewal falls, Ragnarok falls!
So even if I am not playing on RE anymore, I still have the wish for RE to surive due to the simple fact I mentioned above

#13 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

well lets see maybe because there are 12 people on the damn server. i don't want to play with myself i want to play with people and the reason you can't grind is cause there are no parties. nobody to play with is no fun infact it's kinda stupid. i have played renewal and would still be playing if there were people to buy my -_-, ppl to party with, and ppl to hang out in town with but all there are are ppl doing stupid turn ins and nothing else. so far as swaying ppl to come to classic please dont.

#14 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Please stop arguing about Renewal vs Classic. I am sick of seeing the same old buttholes over and over again. Stop it!

Um, I personally think it's not my fault that Ymir is dying, so I refuse to pay for my characters transfer. :p_sad:

Edited by xFireize, 03 September 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Ygg and Valk don't really need free transfers but I could see how making the event a specifically ymir->other type deal would be gms openly admitting they want ymir to end and then people would be up in arms...

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

maybe the answer is to offer free transfers to ymir... to bring more people into the server

#17 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

ygg and valk arent dead at all. theres almost always people in pvp and it doesnt take that long to find a party for TI's. ymir on the other hand is lol. alot of people i know only log onto ymir to level their chars with gods/mvps before they transfer to ygg/valk

#18 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

i think its wierd seeing ppl trash on Ymir all the time...when my friends and i are having a blast there ^_^. Also, threads like these are getting old. kinda the reason i stopped being on the forums much at all.

#19 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Transfer has to have Zero fees attached to it. Or leave my characters to rot. I won't pay for something that isn't my fault. Someone needs to take responsibility for it and do the right thing. Nickel and diming your customers isn't the way to do it,

Um, I personally think it's not my fault that Ymir is dying, so I refuse to pay for my characters transfer. :p_sad:

My sentiments as well. Neither I, nor anyone else, should have to pay them more money for their failings. They can either provide free transfers and keep those people paying them, or they can keep doing what they're doing and watch their customer numbers continue to dwindle. The ball is totally in the GM's court.

maybe the answer is to offer free transfers to ymir... to bring more people into the server

I'd want it to be restricted to 70 or maybe even 90+ characters only. That can help minimize an influx of zeny spammers and bots. I mean, bots will level regardless, but zeny spammers are always novices since they get caught so easily. At least force the botters to take extra time so they have to use second class characters just to put up zeny spam messages. Once deleted, it takes them longer to get back to that point.

#20 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

This would be awesome.. I'd love to have new people around to talk to that have formidable experience with the game <3
seems like it's the same ol' people around valk all the time these days.

#21 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I don't mind this idea, even tho we will get some bots transferred as well. The question is, what will attract players to transfer to Ymir?

This would be awesome.. I'd love to have new people around to talk to that have formidable experience with the game <3
seems like it's the same ol' people around valk all the time these days.

Well, you should come visit Ymir again sometimes.. even tho people that you hung out with aren't even active anymore. :bash:

Edited by xFireize, 03 September 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#22 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

I usually renew every six months. This time, however, once my subscription expires, I think in October, I won't renew it. I am not even willing to spend $2 transferring. Like everyone here said, I am not going to reward them for poor decisions in the first place that brought down Ymir.

In fact, I think I was the first one warning that Ymir was going to die when they opened classics, and didn't think anyone listened.

#23 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

i think a free transfer TO Ymir would be a nice offer too ^_^. A min. level limit would be a good idea probably.

#24 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

If there are any transfers, I would only consider playing again if it was Ymir -> Classic. Roll back all my characters to Ymir pre-re if you like. Or make them all Novices I really don't give a -_- - I really only want my items moved.

Making 5 PERSONAL god items when you don't own a guild is -_- hard. Having them broken down into pieces for no reason, and then forced to remake them - with the added bonus of needing to be holding a castle. Get -_-.
Not to mention my pile of MVP cards and 100+ bil. Where's that gonna go?

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

If there are any transfers, I would only consider playing again if it was Ymir -> Classic. Roll back all my characters to Ymir pre-re if you like. Or make them all Novices I really don't give a -_- - I really only want my items moved.

Making 5 PERSONAL god items when you don't own a guild is -_- hard. Having them broken down into pieces for no reason, and then forced to remake them - with the added bonus of needing to be holding a castle. Get -_-.
Not to mention my pile of MVP cards and 100+ bil. Where's that gonna go?

You're actually kind of a poster child for what's wrong with ymir. Those items are supposed to be so rare that an individual having 1 or even more than 1 is legendary... and you have a "pile".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users