Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hello,

I was wondering how to fit recognized spell into a comet build? Thanks!!!

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

All you need is level 1 recognized spell since you can renew the buff before it expires.

Comet Warlocks have more skill point freedom than Tetra ones. But if you're using it for WoE (not PvP), I highly suggest going support Warlock WITHOUT Tetra or Comet since Warlocks can't kill anything anymore with everyone wearing WoE sets.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 September 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

All you need is level 1 recognized spell since you can renew the buff before it expires.

Comet Warlocks have more skill point freedom than Tetra ones. But if you're using it for WoE (not PvP), I highly suggest going support Warlock WITHOUT Tetra or Comet since Warlocks can't kill anything anymore with everyone wearing WoE sets.

wrong... not all warlocks can't kill anything in WoE... and you should now that better than anyone else...

Ex-wifie... PM me, I can give you a hand for your warlock and how to balance your MATK...

But for starters, I would suggest you to get Recog Spell lv.2... There's some unique feature about it.

PM me for details =)

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

wrong... not all warlocks can't kill anything in WoE... and you should now that better than anyone else...

Ex-wifie... PM me, I can give you a hand for your warlock and how to balance your MATK...

But for starters, I would suggest you to get Recog Spell lv.2... There's some unique feature about it.

PM me for details =)

Ever since the WoE update came, I don't remember dying to Comet ever even from yours.

P.S. You should keep your shady tactics to yourself, since that's really all you're good for.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Creza, no one uses shady tactics. Stop being so confrontational. He's giving advice.

Yes, recognize spell is essential for comet. Post your skill build and I can help you fit it in. You're going to have to to sacrifice something. Also, please say how you will be using the warlock. WoE / TIs / MVP / Etc.

#6 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ever since the WoE update came, I don't remember dying to Comet ever even from yours.

P.S. You should keep your shady tactics to yourself, since that's really all you're good for.

True... I don't recall ever seeing you in WoE for more than 3 seconds (you usually Bwing lol)...

But your friend Wasp something in other hand...

Anyway, pm me ex-wifie... we can work out a build for ya depending on what do you need...

#7 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

I only use comet to kill sacrifice tanks, if i'm trying to kill a precast i use earth strain (strip + almost same area + earth damage).
But if you still want to go all the way to a Comet Build, Recognized Spell its essential, it will max your damage

Edited by SergioSSA1LER, 11 September 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#8 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I only use comet to kill sacrifice tanks, if i'm trying to kill a precast i use earth strain (strip + almost same area + earth damage).
But if you still want to go all the way to a Comet Build, Recognized Spell its essential, it will max your damage

there are several factors for warlocks to get recognized spell... one of them is the upgrade level, which does hold a unique effect depending on the upgraded weapon.

#9 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationLost inside the Hazy Effin Maze!!
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

True... I don't recall ever seeing you in WoE for more than 3 seconds (you usually Bwing lol)...

But your friend Wasp something in other hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-VDCFgSts

Anyway, pm me ex-wifie... we can work out a build for ya depending on what do you need...

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but is your woe build god-item / mvp card dependent, thats why your able to take out so many people using comet? I'm leveling my Comet/WL and gona try to use it for WOE.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but is your woe build god-item / mvp card dependent, thats why your able to take out so many people using comet? I'm leveling my Comet/WL and gona try to use it for WOE.

No... I used to have access to god items/MvP cards back on Ymir Server, but now I play on Yggdrasil and I have no access to them whatsoever.

What you see on my videos is the result of knowing how to balance STATS, MATK and also high upgraded weapon depending on the occasion...

Warlocks are a pretty interesting class... normally they are quite annoying and such... but with the right player, it can become a deadly class as you can see...

The WoE Set has kinda affected in quite a bit our end damage... but being able to surpass that difficulty kinda makes WoE more interesting don't you agree??

This is how it used to be before WoE Set...

Edited by Wizard, 12 September 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#11 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hey hey

Just want to jump in, I'm more of a pvm wl but recently began trying woe. Currently I'm tv build but for woe I guess comet is better.

I was thinking maxing freezing spell, max comet and lvl 1 recognise spell.

Stats wise, currently int 114, vit 100, dex 100, luck 20 or so.

Is this a good build /skill for woe? Eq wise I'm just planning in the vellum arc wand/kvm with red pom. With thara frog and valk shield if using one hand staff. An I on the right track?

Thanks so much,

#12 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hey hey

Just want to jump in, I'm more of a pvm wl but recently began trying woe. Currently I'm tv build but for woe I guess comet is better.

I was thinking maxing freezing spell, max comet and lvl 1 recognise spell.

Stats wise, currently int 114, vit 100, dex 100, luck 20 or so.

Is this a good build /skill for woe? Eq wise I'm just planning in the vellum arc wand/kvm with red pom. With thara frog and valk shield if using one hand staff. An I on the right track?

Thanks so much,

Your VIT is too high, you can lower it down if you have access to kafra food and such...

Also, INT is kinda low for released spells... you can try to increase it as well as LUK.

You just need Freezing Spell Lv4 and 150 INT (total) to save 2 comets/TV

#13 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

i wud really love to see i finally got the max balance sumdays later... (matk/% increase/total matk/stats whatsoever)
now need to farm item/zeny to obtain the highest gear i can,
then will i be able to be the true Palace Guardian...(since my role is supporter for both front and rear)
hope i can live up my dream from ur guidance here too^^

Edited by Nero89, 13 September 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#14 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

bump for the constructive post^^

#15 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

i wud really love to see i finally got the max balance sumdays later... (matk/% increase/total matk/stats whatsoever)
now need to farm item/zeny to obtain the highest gear i can,
then will i be able to be the true Palace Guardian...(since my role is supporter for both front and rear)
hope i can live up my dream from ur guidance here too^^

I didn't get what u meant lol...

But I said it before... there are 3 kind of warlocks... support/caster, release & hybrid...

Out of those, once you choose what you wanna be, feel free to ask what skills you might need for each of those roles... also about the stats...

Even thou I encourage people to actually find their own stats/skill build, I can help you towards your goal, whatever it might be... but please, don't ask for specific stats/build tree since what it works for me, might not work for you since it depends on each individual, their reflects and skills (mostly reflects in my case).

#16 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Wizard just 1 question, from where do you get all those mystical amplification scrolls?

#17 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Wizard just 1 question, from where do you get all those mystical amplification scrolls?

You get them from kafra box events... unlike kRO, they have it on kafra shop =(

#18 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Your VIT is too high, you can lower it down if you have access to kafra food and such...

Also, INT is kinda low for released spells... you can try to increase it as well as LUK.

Can you tell me how to improve mine. I'm at level 142 / 40 atm. and here are my stats. This is with VIP buffs and blessing only. Like I previously mentioned im interested in becoming a WOE comet/Lightning Chain build exactly like i saw in your vid.

Posted Image

Edited by MiraExorcist, 13 September 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#19 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Can you tell me how to improve mine. I'm at level 142 / 40 atm. and here are my stats. This is with VIP buffs and blessing only. Like I previously mentioned im interested in becoming a WOE comet/Lightning Chain build exactly like i saw in your vid.

Posted Image

Sure thing...

From your screenshot, I can tell you that you are in the right path... you need more VIT so at the end, you can reach 100 (including buffs) so you won't get stun during WoE.

Your LUK is pretty good as well, but since you want to go for the "Hybrid Build" (release/caster/debuff type), I would suggest to get a lil bit more of DEX... try to reach at least 140 DEX total (including job bonus and buffs), that way, your cast time can be reduced in quite a bit...

Also, if you want, you can trade off 1 or 2 pts of INT for their equivalent on LUK so you can complement one another.

At the end, it's up to ya if you feel like more LUK/VIT/DEX will be better for you or not, as I said before, it's all about how you and your own style.

#20 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sure thing...

From your screenshot, I can tell you that you are in the right path... you need more VIT so at the end, you can reach 100 (including buffs) so you won't get stun during WoE.

Your LUK is pretty good as well, but since you want to go for the "Hybrid Build" (release/caster/debuff type), I would suggest to get a lil bit more of DEX... try to reach at least 140 DEX total (including job bonus and buffs), that way, your cast time can be reduced in quite a bit...

Also, if you want, you can trade off 1 or 2 pts of INT for their equivalent on LUK so you can complement one another.

At the end, it's up to ya if you feel like more LUK/VIT/DEX will be better for you or not, as I said before, it's all about how you and your own style.

Thank you. I'll post a screenshot of my final stats later on once ive maxed leveled and stat resetted, and let you know how the build works for me.

#21 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

goodluck to u mira..
im hoping to get my stats as u too in near future.
mb two weeks from now..need to do *suck* TI very fast tho :ok:

#22 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

As I said, STATS depends on your way of playing...

I change STATS every now and then since I usually find new ways to increase damage and/or increase cast time...

#23 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

nice vid, haseo.thanks!
gonna do much studying now >_>

#24 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thanks =)

#25 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks. Queston, isn't the max for stats 120? did you mean 150 including buffs? Mine is a small guild,so I won't have access to buff foods.

So the best eq would be vellum arc wand and red pom, valk shield with thara card yeah? I'm thinking vellum arc wand rather than kvm cause I can use a shield with vellum. Right track for equipments?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users