[R] Comet + Recognized Spell? - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[R] Comet + Recognized Spell?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Actually Vellum Arc Wand is a 2 Handed Staff. Glorious Arc Wand is One Handed on the other hand, but you'd get more damage output by walking around with a Combat Knife and swapping to a Glorious Destruction Staff/Vellum Arc Wand when you are about to Release. Then you can swap back to defensive after you Release and it will give you the ability to survive long enough to recast Reading Spell Book and set up another Release.

Edited by Riakuta, 27 September 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#27 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Actually Vellum Arc Wand is a 2 Handed Staff. Glorious Arc Wand is One Handed on the other hand, but you'd get more damage output by walking around with a Combat Knife and swapping to a Glorious Destruction Staff/Vellum Arc Wand when you are about to Release. Then you can swap back to defensive after you Release and it will give you the ability to survive long enough to recast Reading Spell Book and set up another Release.

Oh, opps got it the other way around then.

I saw someone post some calculations that the vellum arc does more damage right?

So with all these woe gears where I've heard that crit damage from gx can be reduced to like 1, how much would comet and tv on average do? Can we two shot people? Or have wls dmg been totally busted?

#28 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Oh, opps got it the other way around then.

I saw someone post some calculations that the vellum arc does more damage right?

So with all these woe gears where I've heard that crit damage from gx can be reduced to like 1, how much would comet and tv on average do? Can we two shot people? Or have wls dmg been totally busted?

KVM> Vellum Wand, in terms of damage that is. However you also get the reduced cast time with a +9 Vellum. It depends on your upgrades/equips and your opponent's equips. TV should still be able to one-shot. Comet might be able to one-shot (with myst amp scroll) some people.

#29 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

KVM> Vellum Wand, in terms of damage that is. However you also get the reduced cast time with a +9 Vellum. It depends on your upgrades/equips and your opponent's equips. TV should still be able to one-shot. Comet might be able to one-shot (with myst amp scroll) some people.

speaking if the amp scrolls, you can release and use amp scrolls right?

Just to be clear, I'd need to release comet/tv then quickly use the amp scroll?

#30 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Perhaps...

And KvM > Vellum depending mostly on +matk (since KvM follows a different formula on it's own)... but as I said before, it depends also on upgrade level... I use both staffs @ +14 & +13

#31 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

You need recognized spell period

Edited by candyZ, 12 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#32 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Although, with the new WoE set Fallen Bishop Card no longer guarantees you can one shot any class besides Royal Guard as I was able to calculate enough reductions to reduce a full impact Comet down to a mere 9,000 damage. If I don't wear full reduction (Which is 90% of the time) then the damage is a whooping 24,000...

Edit: My Calculations were for WoE not PVP.

Edited by Riakuta, 27 September 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#33 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

You need recognized spell. With high upgraded staff+ fbh + myst amp scroll, the only one left is TG user and lucky prestige RG, all others are dead meat lolz

Indeed... Recog Spell give you a ~25% bonus thanks to weapon level and upgrade level... also it kicks in when you got over upgrade bonus.

Although, with the new WoE set Fallen Bishop Card no longer guarantees you can one shot any class besides Royal Guard as I was able to calculate enough reductions to reduce a full impact Comet down to a mere 9,000 damage. If I don't wear full reduction (Which is 90% of the time) then the damage is a whooping 24,000...

I did several test with my warlock and fbh w/o full buffs against a +9 WoE Set RG and it deals around 35k~45k damage in PvP... there are several buffs/items that help increasing +matk and %matk that haven't used yet since I have just few of them... but even thou damage has been reduced quite a lot (I used to deal around 50k~75k against full reduction RG on PvP), it still deals quite a good chunk of damage.

After doing some test recently, I've been able to increase my matk in 4,537% (4.537k%) using most of my items/gears w/o putting recognized spell into account.

In any case, WoE Sets has killed normal warlocks/sorcerers as massive killers even with hibrams... the only way to keep up with that amount of reduction is to increase +matk even further... sadly there are some items that we don't have access as of right now... at least not until Magdalo Island Update.

#34 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Indeed... Recog Spell give you a ~25% bonus thanks to weapon level and upgrade level... also it kicks in when you got over upgrade bonus.

I did several test with my warlock and fbh w/o full buffs against a +9 WoE Set RG and it deals around 35k~45k damage in PvP... there are several buffs/items that help increasing +matk and %matk that haven't used yet since I have just few of them... but even thou damage has been reduced quite a lot (I used to deal around 50k~75k against full reduction RG on PvP), it still deals quite a good chunk of damage.

After doing some test recently, I've been able to increase my matk in 4,537% (4.537k%) using most of my items/gears w/o putting recognized spell into account.

In any case, WoE Sets has killed normal warlocks/sorcerers as massive killers even with hibrams... the only way to keep up with that amount of reduction is to increase +matk even further... sadly there are some items that we don't have access as of right now... at least not until Magdalo Island Update.

Can you please elaborate on that 25% bonus? I can't find it in iro wiki.

Those dmg you quoted against the rg that's release tv? Wow!

What is the magdalo update? Happening soon?

#35 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

I believe he was talking about Comet, not TV.

And also no one knows when the Malagando Patch is coming out. It was supposed to come out this month, but the updates are backed up since kRO had problems translating :c .

#36 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I use mainly Comet as outburst damage skill... mainly because it's AoE and it has outburst damage (all hits at once)

The ~25% bonus is a calculated bonus I get by using Recognized Spell and +14 KvM SoD... it varies depending several factors, like upgrade level, over-upgrade bonus, w.matk... etc... hence why I did write a "~" at the beginning since it is an approximate.

#37 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

I use mainly Comet as outburst damage skill... mainly because it's AoE and it has outburst damage (all hits at once)

The ~25% bonus is a calculated bonus I get by using Recognized Spell and +14 KvM SoD... it varies depending several factors, like upgrade level, over-upgrade bonus, w.matk... etc... hence why I did write a "~" at the beginning since it is an approximate.

I'm probably the only one here that still dint get this, I do apologies. when you say bonus, do you just mean the extra damage you obtain from maxing your damage as compared to damage without recognised spell? Or do you mean we get an approx.25% bonus of matk?

#38 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I believe he is referring to the variance in the formula (±)
Variance is a random number ranging from (-10% * Weapon Level * Base Weapon MATK) to (10% * Weapon Level * Base Weapon MATK)

Setting the Variance to the highest possible output could possibly increase your damage by a great deal that could be considered ~25% damage increase.

Note: Do not ask me how variance works because I have absolutely no idea myself. When I do calculations I tend to leave that part out of the equation because I do not like confusing variables.

Edit: On the other hand it could possibly be you don't require a 2nd Warlock for maximized Comet damage, but I will stress this now I do not have an in depth understanding of Warlock so all I am providing is theories not answers.

Both the Caster and Warlock party member must have learned Comet.
When the above conditions are met, Comet will deal the following fixed damage in 19 x 19 cell,
= MATK [{( Skill Level x 400 ) x ( Caster’s Base Level / 120 )} + 2500 ] %

Edited by Riakuta, 01 October 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#39 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I believe he is referring to the variance in the formula (+-)
Variance is a random number ranging from (-10% * Weapon Level * Base Weapon MATK) to (10% * Weapon Level * Base Weapon MATK)

Setting the Variance to the highest possible output could possibly increase your damage by a great deal that could be considered ~25% damage increase.

Ahh, so that's what he's talking about. But in irowiki, it says that the over upgrade bonus is not affected by recognised spell.

" Notes:The Over Upgrade ATK and MATK is random for every hit and gives a minimum of 1. This bonus is not shown on the status window or affected by the Max ATK from Crit and Maximize Power or the Max MATK from Recognized Spell.All upgrade bonuses are cumulative so refining a level 4 weapon from +15 to +16 increases your bonus ATK and MATK from 106~259 to 125~292 (7 for the upgrade, 0~14 for the Over Upgrade and 12 for the High Upgrade)."

So irowiki is wrong?

#40 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Recognized Spell counts for w.matk and b.matk... while overupgrade bonus will add to the w.matk before it multiplies to %matk.

The 25% average is mainly because there's a lot of deviation or variation depending on the upgrade level of the weapon... the higher the upgrade, the more variation you will get.

#41 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

umm....hi i just want to know y my comet keep *miss* during release. Is something wrong here? sometimes i can land a hit, n sometimes i missed it
. i dun have access to KVM sod yet..(mb later 2~5 weeks lol), so im stuck with what i have

n a way to boost +matk/%matk, haseo? i dont have panic diab, so yeah, just stuck with gears i have (haseo u know what my gears are right? :gg: )

n yeah, which r the best target for comet release? i cant outdmg everyone since the woe/reduce set come out n become a common (thats way looonger back then till now :sob: )
im asking a bit much questions here, sorry n thanks! xD

EDIT: oh and yes! finally i understand (well, a bit of it XD) ur matk balance! now i assumed it as counts of my left and right fingers (50% +matk n 50% %matk) :pif:

Edited by Nero89, 15 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users