Closed: Info on Merger and God Item update. - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Closed: Info on Merger and God Item update.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1058 replies to this topic

#26 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

sleipnirs are gonna get nerfed again? =(I mean really the old prerenewal for sleipnirs sucked alot i remember xellie making post about its that time of the month "buff sleipnir" .

#27 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Sleip and Bris dont really need a nerf on any kind. Reverting them to pre renewal stats for those two make them pointless and near worthless items in renewal.

#28 taskmidget

taskmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

GG KAFRA SHOP ONLINE pay to win

#29 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

if you make god items account bound people will just sell their account instead of the god items only. if you're too worried about guilds with tons of god items. here's what i have in mind. disable god

items/mvp cards in 3 castles and leave 1 god item/mvp cards enabled. but the downside is that castle will have lowered chances to drop god item pieces. you dont wanna ruin the whole game

because people dont only use god items in woe. people use it for leveling, etc too. so heim you might wanna look into this idea if this is feasible.

#30 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

if you make god items account bound people will just sell their account instead of the god items only. if you're too worried about guilds with tons of god items. here's what i have in mind. disable god

items/mvp cards in 3 castles and leave 1 god item/mvp cards enabled. but the downside is that castle will have lowered chances to drop god item pieces. you dont wanna ruin the whole game

because people dont only use god items in woe. people use it for leveling, etc too. so heim you might wanna look into this idea if this is feasible.

Although, it's probably easier to tell if someone has sold their entire account, rather than given a god item to a "friend." RMT will still be possible, sadly, but at least it will be easier to catch them.

Also, even if they DO RMT their account, they still won't be able to accumulate 50 god items on it that way. They'd have 50 accounts each with 1 item.

#31 jeff19007

jeff19007

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

merge all servers and thats it!! 1 renewal server/1 classic server.

#32 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Asprika and Brynhild aren't really god items of the same tier as the WoE 1 items and will not be subjected to this.

Part of the proposal is also to change not only the item requirements away from the 14~21 items down to 1 of each item part (thus making them much faster to create). The creation quest mechanism was also being looked at to make it possible for more items to enter with each seal releasing. THe long term goal is to keep the number of these uber items lower so that only active guilds that really put their effort into the game get to keep being at the supreme power level. We can't manage the scams and the responsibility for players with the GM trade/research program. Too many abuses and too much time is making it too much of a time sink to cope with a very small % of the population and we know that much of it also ends up being RMT (Real money transaction/trade) which ends up causing too much drama, work and ultimately situations that we shouldn't have to handle.

Current god items would become like this, or possibly get divided into 2 such items (so your guild would have a full years worth of time, or 6 months of double time). Currently I'm forced to truncate my proposal to either 1 or the other choice of change the god item or the creation quest. Since this issue will come up if a merger happens and should be done prior or with the merger that is the reason I'm bringing up the god item change now to you.

#33 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Since were talking about updates and such when is Bio4 and Kagerou/Oboro going to get here?
Next summer? or sometime before next summer? I know it's not as big as the problem of Ymir's population but for someone like me who's playing in Ymir and just waiting for the GMs to fix our server this would really help to keep me interested in the game for now at least I mean there is no PVP(Completely dead) WoE is somewhat boring (besides this only happens Wednesdays and Saturdays only), BG is also broken/dead(not that it would work with the current Ymir population but at least it would be an option).

#34 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

1st of all the idea of having classic server killed other servers, w/c is made to make more profit.

STOP ruining the game PLEASE!

Say no to this BS!

#35 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

i play in ymir even b4 the merge if you wanna merge, ok lest doit as long i keep my chars & names

#36 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

If you make the god item quest easier and require 1 piece of each set to make an item (like 1 feather, amblem, etc), wouldn't that cause an overflow? thus defeating the purpose? The only thing that changes is that they expire, but with the item being easier to make you can just have an "endless" cycle.

PS. Keeping renewal sleipnir, pre ren sleipnir is as xellie said " 300 weight variant with SP Regen"

Edited by Braska, 10 September 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#37 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

I don't like the idea of the rental god item system. God items are hard to make (woe1). The system on normal servers is pretty balanced, I think. Ymir, of course, is the exception to the rule. There are several ways you can balance god items. You can 1) restrict the amount that come over. This would have to be discussed with the owners of the god items, and should be regulated by guild/alliance affiliation. Maybe let them bring SOME initially, a few more in 6 months, etc. This idea is a bit iffy, but could work as long as the people coming over don't make too much of a fuss over it. 2) Delete a certain % of pieces from ymir, and break down all other god items into pieces on the new server. It's been discussed before, but the big issue was that X ymir guild could just spam the seal quest and get their items back right away. Well, whether you delete a certain % of pieces from ymir or not, you could put a cool-down on the god creation so that this isn't farmed like stupid. That way, initially WoE is balanced, and creation can be steady and competitive. I wouldn't count WoE 2s in this, since they're kinda crap compared to WoE1s. 3) Delete all god items/pieces - > probably not the most popular idea. Especially with the new WoE update drop system, this would probably turn out horrible.

God items are meant to be good. Making them easy to make / nerfed is cheap and stupid. It takes away the specialty of the items. Personally, I think breaking down into pieces is the most fair thing to do. That way everyone is kind of on the same playing field. It's not perfect, but at least this way no one is effed over. Then again, there is the case of personal god items. Perhaps there could be a tweak in the creation system to accommodate them.

And if you want better pvp..throw all 3 servers into one. WoE would be pretty interesting, at least. Could probably work out well if things were planned right.

#38 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

What about a hybrid of the 2 plans?

Make full sets into permanent god items, or partial sets into "rental?"

I don't like the idea of forcing existing god items into rentals, when that was not what they were intended to be at the time we started working toward, and obtained these items.

40 str from a meg isn't even that much of an increase. RK's get a 30 str buff, which costs like 20k to cast. The increase in damage from 30 str is already hardly noticible.

Current god items would become like this, or possibly get divided into 2 such items (so your guild would have a full years worth of time, or 6 months of double time). Currently I'm forced to truncate my proposal to either 1 or the other choice of change the god item or the creation quest. Since this issue will come up if a merger happens and should be done prior or with the merger that is the reason I'm bringing up the god item change now to you.

Honestly, if you were to make 8+ years of God Items be boiled down into rental gears, you'd be losing the entire population of Ymir one way or another. Might as well let the server die now. As it is, I spent way too much time and zeny over those 8 years building my measly 1.5-2 god items, if they are account bound they are still at least mine. If you make them rental?

That isn't favorable to the players. Making god items pre-renewal status (even though sleip is horrid), at least they would still be worth while, and players might stick around. Making them a form of rental gear would be stomping all over the years of loyalty and work we put into this game. That's petty. The point of this game was to work towards god items and strong relationship with other players and guilds.

'Oh but hey, apparently you cant actually KEEP that god item you spent multiple years making.'

Might as well shut down Ymir now.

#39 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

it takes a year to even make these gods, and that if your guild has econ castles, ymir has alot of gods because they earned it over 8 yrs, and you'll just take it away like candy,
they spend alot of money buying WPE and making sure their guild stay strong to make god items, dont ruin the game heim, this GAME wont be alive if not for GOD items , NOW IF GOD ITEMS ARE EASY TO MAKE THEN ANYONE WHO HAS ZENY CAN AFFORD A 6 month GOD ITEM, DONT BE STUPID . overflow of god items in the market, w/c makes it less thrilling and before you know it even you will be cut off of your pay cheque

#40 EarthLight

EarthLight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Honestly, if you were to make 8+ years of God Items be boiled down into rental gears, you'd be losing the entire population of Ymir one way or another.

For the hundred millionth time, there are people on Ymir who have no god items of any kind. Some of us even have no aspirations for WoE, with similar disinterest in the god item manufacturing process.

#41 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

^ if you have nothing holding you back in Ymir, why not xfer? I fail to see the point you're making.
If were going to have some form of negotiations, i would be fine settling with account bound items and not char bound. I understand everyone is going to have their own bias because they have a sole interest in "their needs" (even myself), but if it would have to come down to a compromise, i'd go for acc bound, renewal stats.

Edited by Braska, 10 September 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#42 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

horrible idea. just make the gods account bound period. if you're going to force to break them or make them temp/rental then just delete all the god items on the

server. 8 years of creating them then just taking it away from them just like that? makes more people wanna quit this game more. theres no consistency and stability

in this game. farmed god items should just be deleted too within the last year.

"God items aren't only used in woe"

Edited by Hulk, 10 September 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#43 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

HEIM god items are actually hard work, i know some 5 yr old guilds dont even have singe 1.0 gods, because they didnt do it right, now the people who actually did it right, and spent hours playing will be stripped of of their hardwork, dont be stupid boi, its hardwork, YOU WILL LOSE MORE PLAYERS, trust me, THIS IS BECOMING A PRIVATE SERVER, STAY WITH WHAT IT SHOULD BE,

Edited by Case11, 10 September 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#44 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ymir died because people left the server instead of facing the competition. Their reasoning is that the guild remaining has too many god items and MVP cards. If a merge with Ymir is going to work, something has to be done. But I don't think rental or char/account bound items is the answer.

I think Hulk's idea COULD be great if it works.

Enable god items and MVP cards in only 1 castle in each WoE1 realm, and don't let that castle drop the god item piece boxes, just an extra WoE Supply Box in its place. This gives an arena to WoE with god items for those that have them, as well as a reason to WoE there. This also makes it so that the 12 castles that do drop god item boxes won't have guilds using an overwhelming number of god items/MVP cards making things too difficult for newer guilds, and it boils down to numbers and tactics, as opposed to money. WoE2 would be more difficult since the god item pieces aren't dropped from boxes.

#45 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Exactly. If high end items are subject to be deleted prematurely, that's no way to get people to continue to play for them.

For the hundred millionth time, there are people on Ymir who have no god items of any kind. Some of us even have no aspirations for WoE, with similar disinterest in the god item manufacturing process.

While that may be true, that doesn't mean that those who DO have god items or who ARE interested in their manufacturing process should have to suffer the loss of something we have invested countless years in creating.

If he makes the items rental, enough of Ymir would probably end up leaving as a result, that there wouldn't be much point in a merger.

Edited by Tofu, 10 September 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#46 EarthLight

EarthLight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

^ if you have nothing holding you back in Ymir, why not xfer? I fail to see the point you're making.

Expensive way of making a point. There's a point of feasibility after which discretionary spending on a decade-old Korean MMO becomes challenging to justify. Blue pots? Sure. Dropping nearly $100 to transfer to another server? Not for someone else's mistake.

#47 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Sheer amount of actual items that we have in storage. Even if we were to sell them all off, we couldn't bring that with us.

I'm fine with a merge and I'm fine with a full transfer/copy to a server of my choice with at least MVP restrictions, that I see people always asking for. Its not fair to the people who have been around a long time and have these items, but its just another alternative at this point out of the others already suggested.

Like Earthlight, I'm more into the PVM than I am PVP/WoE I have nothing to lose except for the items I have on me and in my storage/cart. I can completely see their point. If I had even just an Eddga card, I'd be pissed to lose it in a transfer, but I do acknowledge that its no where near as much of a loss for me as it would be for anyone in any guild holding several MVPs on Ymir.

Edited by Lynex, 10 September 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#48 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

God item is created, it is in a "Box" that box is tradable.
Once opened the god item inside is the old stats (non-renewal) and account bound. There is an NPC that can take that account bound permanent god item and make it a 6 month rental, that is at full stats and fully tradable.

Will that npc also name the Rental god items like how they have been named in the past, so each guild still knows which items belong where?

I'm not quite sure I understand the concept behind account bound god items, unless your meaning for the ones that are personally owned by people. Since usually it takes an entire guild to make it.
Is this so the tradeable ones, will eventually run out of time and disappear, to have to be remade again, to keep people having a reason to woe?

As far as it cutting down or killing RMT, don't they just have to RMT the box to the new owner, and then the buyer just has to open it and just keep it account bound, and then it will never disappear?

This solution only seems like it will just leave less work for the gm team, seeing as they won't have to be the middle man anymore, since they won't have to rename the items.

Maybe i'm just understanding the new system wrong, not sure.

** ( or is this just for Ymir? ) **

Edited by FullSmile, 10 September 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#49 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

If were going to have some form of negotiations, i would be fine settling with account bound items and not char bound. I understand everyone is going to have their own bias because they have a sole interest in "their needs" (even myself), but if it would have to come down to a compromise, i'd go for acc bound, renewal stats.

And you my friend have to pay attention to simple meanings with a deeper understanding, which remain neutral by seating configurations harboring in the middle. His definition wasn't a renewal against Godfathering, but rather the opposite.. :hmm:

#50 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

That doesn't even relate to god items though. If there was a server merger to come by, you'd be transferred without having to pay for anything ( at least to my understanding), so you're not really affected at all. Your Mini/MVP Cards will be transferred without any conflict ( at least for now since there's no word), so what exactly complaining about? Not having gods? Yea i understand that, but what else?

Edited by Braska, 10 September 2012 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users