Closed: Info on Merger and God Item update. - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Closed: Info on Merger and God Item update.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1058 replies to this topic

#51 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

actually renewal destroyed whats left of ragnarok. when renewal came live to kRo half of the population quit. wasn't that supposed to be a lesson for everyone? pushing with renewal is non-sense.

you can update/change the games GUI but why the gameplay mechanics? whoever thought of that must be working with other mmorpgs to bring ragnarok down

which it worked. why reinvent the wheel? classic ragnarok is working as intended. they shouldnt have touched that.

Edited by Hulk, 10 September 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#52 EarthLight

EarthLight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

That doesn't even relate to god items though. If there was a server merger to come by, you'd be transferred without having to pay for anything ( at least to my understanding), so you're not really affected at all.

Should they actually do it, yes. While they thankfully did not capitulate to some of the talk of simply deleting Ymir, Heimdallr's language is oddly non-committal, referring to a possible merge in terms of "if" as often as "when", sometimes in the same paragraph.

#53 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

That doesn't even relate to god items though. If there was a server merger to come by, you'd be transferred without having to pay for anything ( at least to my understanding), so you're not really affected at all. Your Mini/MVP Cards will be transferred without any conflict ( at least for now since there's no word), so what exactly complaining about?

I know this is going to get resolved, one way or another. I'm just interested in when its going to get resolved. How is not as big of a concern, Ymir's got a bad population, it effects any casuals left playing on it still.

Edited by Lynex, 10 September 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#54 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

What about a hybrid of the 2 plans?

Make full sets into permanent god items, or partial sets into "rental?"

I don't like the idea of forcing existing god items into rentals, when that was not what they were intended to be at the time we started working toward, and obtained these items.

40 str from a meg isn't even that much of an increase. RK's get a 30 str buff, which costs like 20k to cast. The increase in damage from 30 str is already hardly noticible.

A hybrid of the two sounds like it could go somewhere.

I agree that a forcing of existing god items into rentals is ludicrous. That's not why I made them. I can live with an account-bound type deal, but if it's a two-choice system then we should be given two choices right from the start. Each choice has its downsides and upsides and I think players should choose the option they feel is best suited to them. I do not want to be funneled into one option with no input from my end.

#55 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

That doesn't even relate to god items though. If there was a server merger to come by, you'd be transferred without having to pay for anything ( at least to my understanding), so you're not really affected at all. Your Mini/MVP Cards will be transferred without any conflict ( at least for now since there's no word), so what exactly complaining about?

Many of these examinations don't compared what's been Hall Of Game by Professor Heim, yet heads are still threading Godfathering. Let's all sip some Green Tea enable a Halftime, and reprint some things a little differently, thus keeping the big picture before us, which is General Master's Law, and addition to it without converting it in the wrong digesting.

Edited by Scientistic, 10 September 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#56 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

account bound will destroy how a guild works, god items are shared with members for MVPing, LEveling and Woeing, THIS WILL DESTROY HOW THE GAME WORKS,
dont be a noob.

#57 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I agree about the Sleipnir. If this rental idea is implemented ( I hope it won't, sorry ) then keep the item with it renewal stats.. its a total shame calling it a god item in pre-renewal.

In all honestly though, why my guild should be forced to loose items that been created through seals/bought or traded along 8 years? It would make sense if this change is applied to newly created items. But forcing old items to vanish within months because "they been here long enough"? As said above, god items and mvp cards are one of the most interesting aspects of this game to aim for as high end game. With this change, the motivation to keep going will wither away and die.

What's the point of aiming high if the goal is just a delusion?

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

beyond these issues... whats next in store for us content update wise?

#59 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

account bound will destroy how a guild works, god items are shared with members for MVPing, LEveling and Woeing, THIS WILL DESTROY HOW THE GAME WORKS,
dont be a noob.

you really dont have any option if you dont want it account bound.

#60 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

god items arent really an issue anymore have you not seen the new bellum gear? I hear that the gear is OP you can get roughly about 81% demi human reduction....if anything its the mvps looking at you Tao.

Edited by DeltaRay, 10 September 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#61 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

dont be a noob.

Are you being sarcastic? I hope you are.. :heh:

#62 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

beyond this point is CHAOS, and how to make heim with more money at his pocket, Let's think for heim, think of how heim will make as much money but keeping the gods as is,
Lets play that game now.

#63 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

god items arent really an issue anymore have you not seen the new bellum gear? I hear that the gear is OP you can get roughly about 81% demi human reduction....if anything its the mvps looking at you Tao.

No they are not an issue specially if you know how things work in WoE. It was something like MvP > KvM > Gods? Or something like that in terms of OP-ness. I have sent a long detailed example to Heim months ago explaining the power of MvP and Gods in WoE battles. Went further in explaining how removing 1 of these leave an impact or doesn't in sieges. That didn't help I guess :(.

#64 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I get the feeling they come up with the dumbest possible idea, that way when they tell us what they're really going to do it seems so much better than the first ( stupid idea ) that we barely-_- about it.

#65 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

it takes a year to even make these gods, and that if your guild has econ castles, ymir has alot of gods because they earned it over 8 yrs, and you'll just take it away like candy,
they spend alot of money buying WPE and making sure their guild stay strong to make god items, dont ruin the game heim, this GAME wont be alive if not for GOD items , NOW IF GOD ITEMS ARE EASY TO MAKE THEN ANYONE WHO HAS ZENY CAN AFFORD A 6 month GOD ITEM, DONT BE STUPID . overflow of god items in the market, w/c makes it less thrilling and before you know it even you will be cut off of your pay cheque

I love posts like this. You realize of course, that classic is probably more profitable than all 3 renewal servers put together, and if not quite *that* profitable, certainly moreso than Ymir. They could drop your entire server and it probably wouldn't make a huge dent in their income. This is a pretty idle threat, and threatening GMs on the forums? Come on, what are we, 5?

I get the feeling they come up with the dumbest possible idea, that way when they tell us what they're really going to do it seems so much better than the first ( stupid idea ) that we barely-_- about it.

Sometimes it sure feels that way. XD My parents used to use that tactic now and then, and it usually worked.

Edited by Kuropi, 10 September 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#66 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I dont have a problem as a Guild to make dedicated accounts for gods to be on and dedicated characters to use them and allowing semi limited access to who can use the accounts as a guild. I think that's actually workable in a way. Would be even better if they enabled authenticators for login. And I could then control who actually has access through allowed authenticator ID's over warpportal.

#67 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

You realize of course, that classic is probably more profitable than all 3 renewal servers put together, and if not quite *that* profitable, certainly moreso than Ymir. They could drop your entire server and it probably wouldn't make a huge dent in their income.

Ne-ga-tive.

Actually, iRO-Gravity barely got the OK to run classic. kRO calls the shots here. Do you think they would want to hear that their REAL and MAIN servers were left to dwindle and die, and in the meantime a 'side-project' as said by Heim himself flourished and consumed the employees payable hours?

It would make more than a dent in their income. It would jeopardize the standing of iRO in general.

#68 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

At the current god item drop rates, it'd probably take like 5 years to get enough pieces for a single pair of lead variant shoes too.

This is one main reason why Anarchy Guild quit.

#69 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ne-ga-tive.

Actually, iRO-Gravity barely got the OK to run classic. kRO calls the shots here. Do you think they would want to hear that their REAL and MAIN servers were left to dwindle and die, and in the meantime a 'side-project' as said by Heim himself flourished and consumed the employees payable hours?

It would make more than a dent in their income. It would jeopardize the standing of iRO in general.

pfft, a server with less than 200 people on it? They're probably fine as long as ygg and valk are still active and receiving updates. I hate to say it, but there is no way in hell you're going to convince me that the less than 200 people on ymir spend more money on VIP/kafra points/VAS services than the 1700 on valk. Sorry. Not happening.

Edited by Kuropi, 10 September 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#70 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I honestly think the IRO GM team actually lowered the drop rate of all of all god pieces to slow down the rate they are being made OR with the release of this new WOE patch instead of having 20 unique monsters(castle god piece before) they made it 1 god piece material box but they didnt put that "monster" that drops it in all the castles if it makes sense.

#71 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

"God items aren't only used in woe"

+1 to this guy.

I slaved away night after night making potions to sell for profit, then had to buy each individual piece to make my items - never got a single one from a castle.
Then, simply because I'm playing from Australia, I have no chance in hell to win at the Dwarf race. NO CHANCE.
We had to make characters - repeatedly - in order to roll the seals so that every single other god item had been made, so that there was no competition for us - only then could we make our items. This was before the number of characters to do the seals was halved, and levels were lowered.

Then, you broke my items with the merge. All of that work gone.

I had to do it all over again. All in the name of "balance"

If you keep balancing your game to improve WoE, and hurting PVM/MVP/Crafting - do NOT be surprised if your active player base drops and all you are left with is people farming WoE.

If you want to stop them in WoE - then do it.
  • I know the game can determine items a player is wearing (look at upgrader)
  • I know the game can determine items in a player's inventory (look at stat enchanter)
  • I know NPC's can determine if a player is wearing or has god items, and based on this decision let them into a portal or teleport them away.
If you want to eliminate God Items in WoE without hurting the rest of the game, there's your solution.

#72 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

pfft, a server with less than 200 people on it? They're probably fine as long as ygg and valk are still active and receiving updates. I hate to say it, but there is no way in hell you're going to convince me that the less than 200 people on ymir spend more money on VIP/kafra points/VAS services than the 1700 on valk. Sorry. Not happening.

Didn't have to spend more money, just saying that dropping Ymir off the face of the earth would hurt them financially, not because of what they LOSE from Ymir--but because it would royally piss their Superiors off. There is a reason the GM team hasn't even considered just offing the server. They are obligated to merge.

#73 Case11

Case11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Heim kill the person who thought of that dumb idea, shud be in the world record for the dumbest idea in history

#74 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Didn't have to spend more money, just saying that dropping Ymir off the face of the earth would hurt them financially, not because of what they LOSE from Ymir--but because it would royally piss their Superiors off. There is a reason the GM team hasn't even considered just offing the server. They are obligated to merge.

They're not obligated to merge the items. Only the people. All they would have to do is offer transfers for those people to the other 2 servers. Bam. Done. There is nothing that says they have to let these people continue to have all their MVP cards and god items after the merge.

Edited by Kuropi, 10 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#75 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Disabling gods in WoE realms been proposed with other viable ideas but I yet have to see a proper comment about them from Heim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users