#1 Amiow

Amiow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Which build is most suitable if a ninja decide to go for a war. Please include stat skill and also gear. Thanks :p_laugh:

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

If you're on a server with renewal, there is no ninja build that is appropriate for WoE. Until we get Kageru/Oboro update, a ninja, with lvl 99 level cap, will not have any role in WoE, since everyone else is lvl 150. They will get status'ed and killed instantly.

If you're on a pre-renewal server, there's still not really any role for them. Pre-renewal, ninja and gunslinger just don't hold up well enough to be worth showing up to woe on.

If you're on a server with Kageru/Oboro, then you're way ahead of us on iRO, so we should be asking you what a good build is.

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 September 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#3 Amiow

Amiow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

:p_cry: :p_cry:

#4 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Dr.Azzy, Magic ninjas are sought after in WoE for some reason (nobodies told me) but I've heard numerous stories of ninjas wiping out an RK...And classic they would be a bombshell....

#5 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Amazing Server

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I used to woe on ninja, err anyway I wrote a thing about Oboro stats, and my stats are infact just pre req for oboro, this helping you after the job change as well ANYWAY

the stats are a given its basically 90~99 str, 99 vit, rest in dex what really matters are your gearz I suggest the following if possible

Valk Sheild (andre egg)
Telling Doll Hat (with Arc Angeling)
+9 woe suit (peco card)
woe shoes (Green Freus card)
woe muffler
and 2 medal of honor

the woe suit at +9 gives +10% hp that combined with the other cards you get a total of 41%+ hp I also suggest using HP increase (large) and using +20 vit foods, +20 str foods are helpful too
The telling doll boosts hp recovery with White potions which you'll be using alot so this is a Need

anyway the skills are here

http://irowiki.org/~...Ol1s1bnaodBdBhn

in woe you'll need to keep Shed Skin up at all times, as well as Mirror Image, remember to heal after each use of ninja aura as it uses I think it was 5% hp per cast, but no biggie if you have the telling or ranked slims in general, mostly you'll be casting KS healing recasting to kill people, it takes alot of effort and people will think you're insane but I have to admit its so fun, also you'll always get a kick out of sura who try to kill you as they will always miss, Unless they are smart, You will die alot, but like I said its really fun and enjoyable, also as an Kagerou/Oboro don't get the Zenny throw skill unless you're uber rich!!!!

Anyway I hoped I helped!!!!!!!!!

Ps. Kagerou/Oboro aren't Killers in woe, they support/debuff ^^;; hope that doesn't detour you also if you wanna see my thingie about oboro builds I can post it here lol...

Edited by Kawaiiyui, 23 September 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

They have one of the highest damaging skills in the game and it's spammable, they'll be excellent killers. Just $$$

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Yeah - my understanding is that Kag/Obo will be good - though I can't find any english language translations of how their skills work, though I remember reading them before.

But as ninja, not so much.

Joatmon - Ninja is definitely not good in pre-renewal. I WoE'ed pre-renewal from 2005 until renewal hit (and post-renewal as well). I don't recall ninjas ever being more than a minor nuisance, and certainly not post renewal, when their status resistance is reduced to nothing (due to level difference) and their hp total is low enough that anything that can hit them 1-shots them. Maybe there's some exploit I don't know about, but I don't think there is.

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 September 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#8 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

yea I mentioned that Viri xD, unless you are rich you really can't kill .___. without suiciding cause I don't think Happo Kunai will be that useful in woe :c
BUTTTTTTT if you're rich then EVERYONE WILL FEAR YOU, that'll never be me tho xD I waste money quicker then I buy sweets lol .___. and you are right ninja is pointless in woe, but its nice to be different
BECAUSE ITSSS FUNNNNN lol

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Where are the descriptions for the kag/obo skills that you guys are reading from?

#10 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

Dr. Azzy!!! this is the best english translationz I can find though I'm not sure if this is what you mean ._____.
http://-_-/index.php...ill_db&jid=4212

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

If I remember correctly...
A ninja with 99Vit, 90 Str, some points in int and dex
Using full glorious set, mirror image, along with glorious shuriken (which casts lvl 10 heal at 100% chance after killing stroke +95% more damage to Demi-Human, plus a chance to increase killing stroke damage exponentially), and killing stroke will hit for around 50k or more, also, if equipped with a hiding accessory? Hide+Shadowslash is like pseudo snap with an edge, and hide + shadow leap is good for dancing around people ( I frustrated a ranger for like five minutes with my ninja in PvP doing it, it was funny)

I don't actually have a ninja like this though lol, but it is entirely possible to beat the whiz out of people with a ninja if your skillful. I see in the future with the more stats offered with the new classes killing stroke will put GoH and Gfist to shame until enough players call them OP as hell lol

Take that to classic and you got something right there...but I'm not familiar with classic so call me stupid lol

#12 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

shadow slash/jump doesn't work in woe, also +9 quad kingbird does more damage then +9 glorious, I thought that myself before until I tried it :c

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

the kvm huuma is the one that auto heals... as long as they dont change how ninja skills work when K/O arrives ill be happy.... i love my freezing and sleep kunais

#14 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

its only lv 10 though thats not that great you still have to spam pots :\

#15 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Why doesn't shadow slash and jump work?

#16 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/WOE
All knock back effects are disabled. Some skills like Cicada Skin Shed, Shadow Leap and Phantom Thrust may lose some functionality due to this.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Shadow_Leap
Using the skill on WoE maps will simply unhide the caster without moving.

The skill isn't disabled it just doesn't move the player inside of War of Emperium.

Edited by Riakuta, 25 September 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#17 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

but shed skin still makes players miss which is useful!

#18 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

kawaii the only thing that keeps us from killing you is that knockback effect. If we miss we'll gladly live with that knowing that by the end of 3 hits 2 strikes is enough to finish you off

#19 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

its 12 hits xD.... cause mirror image compounds on it... and I can recast sooo unless I freeze I normally don't die
UNLESS I see a ranger or a mage class cause I can't evade them they kill me far too easily

#20 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ninja should be extremely useful in pre trans WoE @_@

Instant cast gfist? (basically)

Nothing other than magic can hit them, since there wouldn't be Soul Destroyer, Cart Ram, or Falcon Assault to hit through Cicada.

#21 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't think ninja should arrive in classic till trans tho otherwise it'd be so unfair!

#22 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I don't getting....shadow leap and night slash are not knock backs...

#23 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

try it in woe :\ either way it doesn't work...

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

pre renewal ninja were able to be killed with alot of skills... ninja vs ninja battles were stupid back in the day since the mechanics for kunai bypassed CSS making flip tatami the only skill that could block the damage... as of now in renewal magic and MATK based skills are the only ones that bypass CSS... with the proper skill set and sp level you can spam css almost infinitly same with flip tatami (i do it all the time in PVP)... skills like throw huuma used to lock onto targets making it actually a usable skill... the problems of not being able to use KS unless standing next to an enemy, not being able to use shadow slash shadow leap and no push back for css really limits the effectiveness of ninja in woe...

#25 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I miss when flip tatami blocked ranged attacks Q___Q

umm you dont' have to be next to someone to cast KS, I've did it alot you jump to them....

Edited by Kawaiiyui, 25 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users