Is Sacrament really needed? it seems crappy. Also Some AB Qs. - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Sacrament really needed? it seems crappy. Also Some AB Qs.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sacrament doesn't solve that. Those rangers are probably Noob pure Dex/Agi ones who have 1 INT.

Real Arrow Stormers have 60-70 INT and can almost instant cast Arrow Storm without Sacrament.

The real test for FS ABs is Bio3 TI/Thor TI. You'll definitely have to be smart who to heal/sacrament/pneuma/assumptio in there.

My AS ranger has 100 int and 120 dex.... She is pretty squishy though... But yeah, AS without phen clip is near insta cast.

My AB did fine in Thor TI, I didnt even have the AA or clearance then, so I made sure my friend with clearance came along. So many blue pots wasted (About 150-200 per run per AB without clearance.... YEAH). Because that TI is so expensive, I didn't let GX in. But many GX hate me now because I allowed only 1 GX in tops. (I'd rather not let them in than let them die because i'd like to conserve some sp). I made sure party had 3 ABs, at least 2 of them had clearance/ungoliant/enough pots due to bleeding.... In fact, I rage quitted a party that had 4 GX once, stole most of their ABs and rangers, so I ended up with a party of 5 ABs. I wish I made screenies. Then, everyone (except the GX, fcourse :-)) joined my party. Trolololol. Best party (and fastest) in Thor I had was 4 ABs and like 5 Rangers and 1 Tank RG. AS was everywhere :-)) Sacrament was pretty useful there. Thor TI lets us truly see who knows how to play their class and who sucked at it :-))

Edited by sofico, 19 September 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#27 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Sacrament doesn't solve that. Those rangers are probably Noob pure Dex/Agi ones who have 1 INT.

Real Arrow Stormers have 60-70 INT and can almost instant cast Arrow Storm without Sacrament.

No, it doesn't solve anything, I completely agree with you. However, at the lower levels, Sac may be rather handy for them as they may not have hit 120 Natural DEX yet. For others, its kind of pointless. "End Game" Rangers don't need Sac, but it still has its uses outside of AS, be it very few.

I'd have to say that "Real" Arrow Stormer's also have nearly that much VIT as well. We're not called "Glass Cannons" as a joke.

CG - Are you saying that any more than 70 INT is a waste? I'm sitting at 95 INT/VIT and I'd have to say its more of a boon than it is a bane.

Edited by Lynex, 19 September 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#28 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

No, it doesn't solve anything, I completely agree with you. However, at the lower levels, Sac may be rather handy for them as they may not have hit 120 Natural DEX yet. For others, its kind of pointless. "End Game" Rangers don't need Sac, but it still has its uses outside of AS, be it very few.

I'd have to say that "Real" Arrow Stormer's also have nearly that much VIT as well. We're not called "Glass Cannons" as a joke.

CG - Are you saying that any more than 70 INT is a waste? I'm sitting at 95 INT/VIT and I'd have to say its more of a boon than it is a bane.

Hmm, if you can recover 40-50 SP regen per tick, you're doing the Arrow storm build right.

VIT is always nice since you don't have access to shield. If you have 30k-33k HP as a Ranger, you're totally doing it right.

Right now, another Ranger build intrigues me which I don't wanna share. :gg: Arrow Storm and Ctrl click rangers are boring nowadays.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 September 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#29 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

NP, it's usually the Rangers who are pretty clueless anyway.

What do you expect when rangers are pretty much the defatco noob class in RO, since they take 0 real skill or anything to play. XD

Edited by Siveria, 21 September 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#30 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

What do you expect when rangers are pretty much the defatco noob class in RO, since they take 0 real skill or anything to play. XD

I beg to differ. It depends if a player is single minded, which most ranger players are, since they only use arrow storm or ctrl click. They don't bother using traps to their advantage or just give up when they see that pneuma. A good player has a very wide imagination, skid traps -> shockwave/claymore/landmine trap is usually enough to finish of warlocks and disable suras

#31 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I beg to differ. It depends if a player is single minded, which most ranger players are, since they only use arrow storm or ctrl click. They don't bother using traps to their advantage or just give up when they see that pneuma. A good player has a very wide imagination, skid traps -> shockwave/claymore/landmine trap is usually enough to finish of warlocks and disable suras

I bet if one of those classes seen that in woe they'd be like "OH Crap a ranger with some skill" and probally pass out due to the shock of it hehehe.

Anyway I am still trying to figure out a skill build so I can have lv 10 Ado and lv 5 sacrament, Sacrament requires way to damn many skills to get for how limited in use it is, its only beneficial to a few classes. Even if I only got lv 1 high heal, that still only leaves me with 3 skill points, which I could use for Lauda Angus 2, and Aramus 1. Not going to bother getting the aoe agi up, since most partys later will prob have a ranger that can cast wind walk. Or I could skip ado entirely and just stick to using ME to kill stuff, and maybe lv 5 judex. Why oh why can't the devs give ABs enough points for both! lol.

Edited by Siveria, 23 September 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#32 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Adoramus sucks.... lol Why the heck would you get that skill? ABs aren't meant to be killers. ME is so much better for killing demons/undead.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 September 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#33 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Sacrament does NOTHING for Arrow Storm. Nothing AT ALL.

Arrow Storm is PURELY variable cast. Sacrament does not affect variable cast time at all.

In other words:

With ANY gear, and ANY stats, Arrow Storm cast time will be the same WITH or WITHOUT Sacrament.

And on the topic of High Heal:

High Heal 1 is actually more SP efficient than normal heals, and more SP efficient than HH 5 as well. HH 5 is really only meant for emergency healing, not sustained healing.

HH 1 though can almost replace normal heals though, unless you're using something like KVM cure wand, which can proc double heal, ultimately giving you a HH 1, at 57% the normal sp cost.

Edited by Tofu, 23 September 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#34 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

You do know Sacrament will actually do nothing for Arrow Storm, right? It has 0 fixed cast time, Sacrament will reduce nothing.

#35 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Adoramus sucks.... lol Why the heck would you get that skill? ABs aren't meant to be killers. ME is so much better for killing demons/undead.

But...but.. I like big numbers.. ahem anyway, yeah I figured Ado kinda sucks, if it didn;t eat a blue gem per cast for a single target skill it'd not be so bad, I'll probally still get Judex 5 thou, just incase ME comes up a bit short killing something.

I do wish we'd get some of the stuff korean ro has, like lv 100+ eden quests, the increased job exp off lv 100+ monsters, the expanded ninja jobs, custom carts for mech and gene. etc etc. I wonder why it takes us so long to get patches when they aren't major content patches considering there isin't much to translate really.

Edited by Siveria, 23 September 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#36 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Adoramus with empowered mace of judgement and judgement set can actually kill people and has decent damage if I'm not mistaken. You'd have to be pretty good at gear switching though.

But for leveling purposes I would never recommend any single target skill, especially not for third classes.

#37 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Siveria RG's will just shrug your adoramus damage off and kill you with 1 ppa + OB lol

#38 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Piety ftw! An RG will just kill the noob ab without getting damage at all.

#39 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

ABs have no business killing stuff in WoE, unless they're picking off some low-leveled straggler.

#40 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Adoramus is garbage now with the WoE sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users