Anyone heard of any news about RO2? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anyone heard of any news about RO2?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hniv

Hniv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Anyone heard any news about RO2 making its way to North America?

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

most people dont care about RO2 and just want them to fix the issues with this incarnate

#3 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

I care about RO2, Only reason I am playing Classic right now is cause RO2 isn't out. I think we are still 6 months to a year away form International server.

Edited by Derixs, 21 September 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

We have a English translated version of RO2 in-house right now and we are in the midst of testing for UI and localization errors. We do not yet have a timetable on betas or launches yet.

#5 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

I also care about RO2. Soon as it comes out I'm jumping ship on this dead game and going there.

#6 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

We have a English translated version of RO2 in-house right now and we are in the midst of testing for UI and localization errors. We do not yet have a timetable on betas or launches yet.

:o

Are you at least confirming that there will be Closed/Open Beta Tests?

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

No confirmations yet, unfortunately.

#8 Aaero

Aaero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

I care about RO2, Only reason I am playing Classic right now is cause RO2 isn't out. I think we are still 6 months to a year away form International server.

http://youtu.be/1pkl5ILxRJA

I'm sorry to say this just does not have the same appeal RO has for me. The music is horrible, and Baphomet, Moonlight etc monsters looks bad..

I will wait for RO3 and hope they make it closer to RO1 with better art quality. RO1's graphic is old but holds greater appeal than this one does. And seriously... Where's Sound Temp???? :(

I like RO1 because of their very appealing sprites, designs, monsters, background music, heck better animation even. And the character's expression are somewhat vague and simple, leaving the players free to interpret the character's emotion/ expression/ personality however they want.

The game play doesn't look that exciting to me either.. Why not make RO2 like Wakfu/Dofus with more options to customize your characters, and with better backgrounds? These looks like a WoW wannabe game than what RO actually is. >_<'

#9 falshion1

falshion1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

I like RO1 because of their very appealing sprites, designs, monsters, background music, heck better animation even. And the character's expression are somewhat vague and simple, leaving the players free to interpret the character's emotion/ expression/ personality however they want.

The game play doesn't look that exciting to me either.. Why not make RO2 like Wakfu/Dofus with more options to customize your characters, and with better backgrounds? These looks like a WoW wannabe game than what RO actually is. >_<'

My thoughts exactly, when i saw the sprites for moonlight, and the others, i was wondering why they had to make it like WoW rather than keeping the retro simplistic cartoony graphics, i can play RO1 on my 6 year old computer with no lag, i will probably not even be able to play RO2 without a better cpu :p_swt:

i won't be leaving RO1 till it's pretty much only bots left

#10 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

I agree it loses alot of the spirit of RO in an effort to be WoW. I'm also a bit disappointed they stuck with the gearing strategy of WoW, which feels way too much like a treadmill that doesn't actually reward you too much in an effort to make sure everybody from casuals to hardcore is treated like a special snowflake. RO1 (classic, at least) is one of the last great gaming bastions of being appropriately rewarding for the work you put in it.

That said, I think it looks good and as long as they give it an RO1 style WoE, it would probably be worth playing.

#11 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm sorry to say this just does not have the same appeal RO has for me. The music is horrible, and Baphomet, Moonlight etc monsters looks bad..

I will wait for RO3 and hope they make it closer to RO1 with better art quality. RO1's graphic is old but holds greater appeal than this one does. And seriously... Where's Sound Temp???? :(

Agreed.

#12 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

RO2 is a different game. It's not like you can't play RO1 AND RO2.

#13 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

I've played RO2:LOTS and I will say this. They recently had another server merge, making the four servers all into one. Even with this merge, if you logged in to the game, channel 1 is basically empty. There are maybe 10 people in the major town of Alberta at any one moment in time, and then between 0-5 in any map. The Koreans have generally lost all interest in the game, and it seems Gravity has as well(no communication, slow and buggy updates). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and believe me I wish it were different, but the game will probably not even last until the end of the year. Our best hope is for them to release internationally and it will surely do a little better, but with most Korean mmo-ers diverting more and more of their attention to LoL, B&S, and other new gen games, the current chances of Korean RO2:LOTS don't look so good.

In terms of gameplay, it's a lot more fast-paced than a WoW clone, and you can definitely see and feel that traditional Ragnarok theme from the game. For any fan of the Ragnarok series and the games, I'd recommend it. The UI style feels a little bit cliche, but there are all sorts of Ragnarok themed sounds and random things that make it worth it. The cities are absolutely breathtaking. The first time you enter Prontera Church or Prontera Chivalry you're just blown away by the attention to detail and focus on lighting. You can tell the game was designed for a large user base with tons of backstreet alleys, little hidey holes for guilds and secret meetings. Man I really hope it makes it internationally and continues to get developed. I can only imagine after spending all this money on one failure of a remake to make another one that is going downhill, any mmo sequel to Ragnarok may never be attempted again by Gravity.

Oh, and release international is suppose to be quarter 1 of 2013. Tentative of course, as this was announced back in early May when the server population was a LOT higher.

Edited by Sacriel, 21 September 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#14 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Why does every game someone doesn't like compare it to WoW...? It's like TL:DR but here is my analysis of your post =D

It honestly makes no sense -__-;

Many people love the animation of RO1, however it's long over due for a bump in quality and frame rates. RO2 isn't a facelift to RO1, it's a different game all together that has a different game direction and hero's journey.

#15 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

I think the bigger problem is Gravity has no quality programmers and no innovation. Very easy to not play "just another game" . However, Ragnarok Online was never really successful in Korea. It was successful in Japan.

#16 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I think the bigger problem is Gravity has no quality programmers and no innovation. Very easy to not play "just another game" . However, Ragnarok Online was never really successful in Korea. It was successful in Japan.

That's why I said before that Korea should not be the ones calling the shots, it should be either iRO or jRO.
Well, that and the fact that the staff at kRO seems to have the collective IQ of a common houseplant.

Edited by Akami, 22 September 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#17 falshion1

falshion1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Well, that and the fact that the staff at kRO seems to have the collective IQ of a common houseplant.

+1 That Just Seems About Right

#18 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Baphomet looks terrible in that video ><

Just imagine if kRO put all the effort they put into these two attempts at an RO2 into an actual "renewal" of RO (rewrite server and client code, fix bugs, refresh UI and graphics, etc.).

#19 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Baphomet looks terrible in that video ><

Just imagine if kRO put all the effort they put into these two attempts at an RO2 into an actual "renewal" of RO (rewrite server and client code, fix bugs, refresh UI and graphics, etc.).

well if they don't wanna go bankrupt they are gonna have to soon.

#20 bla2x

bla2x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Project R1 is probably the sucessor of Ragnarok, I read somewhere that it is developed by founding father of RO. There is no gameplay video but the screenshot looks promising

#21 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

screenshot

I like this. A lot.
Somehow it reminds me of Tales of Legendia.

Edited by Akami, 22 September 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#22 falshion1

falshion1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

I like this. A lot.
Somehow it reminds me of Tales of Legendia.

I agree, if they actually took the time to make it like this, it would probably be more of a success,

One of the main reasons i like ragnarok is because of it's retro style graphics, as previously mentioned, RO2 looks like a WoW wannabe -_-

the sprites look creepy (they ruined my moonlight D:) and well, it's just not as attractive >.<

#23 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Lots of content here.

http://forums.warppo...erience-thread/

http://forums.warppo...erience-thread/

RO2 will also feature cutscenes. This is one of the things I'm most excited about, because I find it helps convey the story better than walls of text. And RO1 had a decent story, if you ever took the time to read through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIk-rpEVLDg&feature=g-upl

Edited by Maka, 22 September 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#24 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

screenshot

Holy, I love that sprite *0*

#25 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

RO2 will also feature cutscenes. This is one of the things I'm most excited about, because I find it helps convey the story better than walls of text. And RO1 had a decent story, if you ever took the time to read through it.

Oh thats nice I forgot they had cut screens =P

Hopefully they'll just use Japanesse Dialogue and English subs until they can find better voice actors for our version >_>...

But with a better story line in the works for Classic, hopefully things will be on the up and up.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 23 September 2012 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users