So why do you like classic ro? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

So why do you like classic ro?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

So why do you like classic ro? Its "harder" doesn't count either, Classic ro is not harder its just 100 times more grindier than renewal.

Anyway my reasons: Stats actually mean something major, unlike in renewal where stats really don't do much compared to classic.
Able to always get full exp off everything, even if all the monsters are pretty piss poor exp.
No 3rd jobs. so 2nd jobs and trans classes actually mean something
and most of all: no brokely OP kafra items (yet, they are coming of course) Though I will miss my rudolf hairband, potions in ro have always been way to expensive for how little they heal, they also weight way to much.

Classes able to use agi based builds and actually survive, where as in renewal not even a GX/shadow chaser can get enough flee to dodge a single target later.

Mages able to instacast without needing god items or even needing much in gear once you hit 99 dex. (p.s. whats a good build for a wiz or hunter on classic? for hunter I am assuming high agi auto blitz beat+ankle snare? but what about wizzies?)

Now my downsides to classic: Monsters give far to little exp, and you need way to much to level, 98 to 99 in classic ro takes more exp than 1-99 in renewal even as a trans class XD another downside is the party system in renewal is pretty crappy exp split wise, but the one in classic is even worse. I do admit leveling in renewal is a wee bit too quick though, i can take a char 1-99 in a day if I felt like it pretty easly.

No eden, so no +7 all stats buffs, ro central meeting place, or quests, or the gear (Or does classic have eden? i am not sure correct me if i am wrong here and it does have it)

Classic also probally has more bots than valk because I can't see anyone legitly grinding a char in classic with how long it takes even at levels as low as 60 ish to level. Maybe a mage, or hunter, but the rest? I never got past lv 60 or 70 in classic because the grind just got too boring, though the fact I was an assassin might be why all they do is auto attack which gets old real quick, but I mean its not like assassins had anything else worth using.

Another major downside is dex effecting min/max damage, means no matter how much dex you get expect to hit foir min damage a ton, whiuch just mutiplies the grind even moreso, since stuff takes longer than it should to kill. (compare a same hp mob in renewal to classic, mobs in renewal just die faster)

ANyway, whats your reason for liking classic and remember "its harder" doesn't count since the game is not actually harder its just a massivly bigger grind.

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

It's harder.

#3 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Classic also probally has more bots than valk because I can't see anyone legitly grinding a char in classic with how long it takes even at levels as low as 60 ish to level. Maybe a mage, or hunter, but the rest? I never got past lv 60 or 70 in classic because the grind just got too boring, though the fact I was an assassin might be why all they do is auto attack which gets old real quick, but I mean its not like assassins had anything else worth using.

Grimtooth. Difference between renewal and classic is that -_- doesnt try to unhide you as much, I dont think

Which reminds me: is claymore trap in classic multiplying the damage by number of monsters? or is it like in renewal, divides the damage by number of monsters?

#4 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I don't like Classic, I like pre-renewal. I don't compare it with Renewal, that is an completely different game.

#5 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'd actually make a sin for a 1st char if I could somehow get the funds for a 3 slot jur and 3 soldier skele cards. Does classic have the one time free reset like renewal? also does vip work on classic? or is there really no point to having vip on the classic server besides char slots?

#6 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Isn't this the second Topic you've made regarding this?

Now my downsides to classic: Monsters give far to little exp, and you need way to much to level

No, monsters in renewal give far too little exp.
Also, no one cares about 99 in renewal.

Classic also probally has more bots than valk because I can't see anyone legitly grinding a char in classic with how long it takes even at levels as low as 60 ish to level.

Really? So you're accusing
everyone who has level 60+ characters to be botters.

Also, Classic is "harder".

#7 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I don't like Classic, I like pre-renewal. I don't compare it with Renewal, that is an completely different game.

Whats pre-renewal exactly? is that before 3rd jobs? ABout the level 60+ yeah alot of them probally do bot because well, even when you report bots nothing gets done, I've reported many bots in kunlund ungeon 1, and they been there for weeks, they still there today. Only takes me a min or 2 to tell if someone is a bot, you just gotta look at the movement patterns.

Edited by Siveria, 23 September 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#8 AdvantCross

AdvantCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

since quitted classic, the i dont like it, but i would have liked it if it was less bots so if it would been a pay server from start then maybe

#9 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Higher skill cap and much more balanced.

#10 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Skill cap? Also yeah classes in renewal need to be balanced out for example GX is pretty much garbage unless your on edp 24/7 compared to the other 3rd jobs. Buffs like edp also need to last like 5 mins+ insted of 60-90s, before you say its overpowered its not, without EDP a GX doesn't come close to what other 3rd jobs can do, they pretty much need it to be even. Shadow chasers also need a buff, the matk from int change pretty much destroyed their pvm side.

Edited by Siveria, 23 September 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#11 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

I don't like Classic, I like pre-renewal.

The stats system just made so much more sense and provided plenty of room for creativity unlike now where every class seems to have that one definitive "best" build.

#12 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

People are waaay more friendly and social :3

but I still must level alone.

Posted Image

#13 YesFromTheMovie

YesFromTheMovie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:ClassicRO

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Classic is WAY more balanced, its not like renewal and that shura>all thing, and in classic u cant solo high-end mvps like valk/satan/beelzebub/ifrit, you have to organize some ppl in a group, it makes the game much more challenger and funnier...

#14 QtThePie

QtThePie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

honestly, i don't have a preference, I play RO because i enjoy the art style... i don't think there's more to that.

my friends prefered classic because of class balance issues and refuses to play renewal.

so we play Classic.
they all quit now, but i already started there, so i am sticking with it.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

The stats system just made so much more sense and provided plenty of room for creativity unlike now where every class seems to have that one definitive "best" build.

This + the fact that the amount of status effects was perfect. When renewal hit it was just a big explosion of random status effects that tended to just completely screw you over with little to no counters.

#16 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Personally, I still enjoy both system. that's why I am also spend time in classic but not ignoring renewal servers on valk and my local country server idRO. The problem is the more both system get update, more broken things come.

I just wish Classic won't have things that make it broken. Stat enchants, huge def/atk equip, battlegrounds and similar. In the past, people want renewal because of instant cast, 99 vit+ 80 hard def (how you will kill this char beside GFist?), super 4k normal heal and there are only few skills that deal that damage causing heal spam (and must use GFist to kill the priest), etc. All of those caused by OP feature that mainly after Rachel update.

Renewal itself actually screwed up by same thing, except it comes together from skills. If you don't know, GoH is actually still fine when renewal is still on kRO only due to "melee skills" and take more skill requirements (you can't max cursed circle in old Sura skill tree if you max GoH). I am also fine when AB doesn't have Sacrament or WL doesn't have spellbook when kRO initially release them. Combined with OP equipments from pre-renewal, it just make perfect troll. Server Yggdrasil and Classic have less complain since it's fresh server at the time and there is only few those broken things.

#17 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

My reason for playing on Classic is simply because of a fresh start. I started playing RO back a year ago when everyone had urber gears. Playing on Classic gives me a chance to compete without having to spend tons of cash on wpe.

#18 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I play classic for two reasons:

Social - since most of my ymir friends move there and some old quitters came back, playing with them again is always fun than anything.

Game mechanics - My original mains were a DEX Monk and a Sac Sader, and I enjoy being tanky with VIT and DEF was way better in pre-renewal, plus I dont need super gears to WOE and I dislike the Pay-2-Win competition in Renewal.

#19 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

One word. Sinx.

But really, it's the game I fell in love with. Before all the fireworks, bells and whistles. I understood the mechanics. Cards/Def/Dmg made sense. I left after renewal was introduced because I didn't want to relearn a game. That and because the gear I had became irrelevant. The 99sinx I had meant a week's worth of work in renewal. So it felt like I accomplished nothing.

Now I get to go back, re do my efforts but this time, knowing that trans will be the furthest it gets. Also, super gearing up a 1st class and outdamaging 2nd classes on maps is so much fun.

#20 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

I don't like it.
This thread is doomed to become flamed. Wait for it :p_laugh:

#21 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

There are many reasons why I like pre-renewal more then renewal, but since I have repeated those reasons many times, let me think of something else...

- Making a perma-first something class is viable and fun.
- Supernovices have a reason to live: casters are useful and melee are useful.
- kafrashop doesn't have +10 foods and there is no free +7 foods, so there is a point in cooking.
- Quests give not so bad exp. Except probably future event quests. (I don't understand the reasoning of GM team to give reduce the exp reward from pirate quest to the exp of 4 high orcs in classic compared to the 100k~200k in renewal).
- No ugly sprites. Well, maybe sniper monkey-sitting, but we don't have snipers yet.

#22 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

because it works without changing most things, the srpites are still cute and it dosn't seem like a rushed product. renewal on the other hand seems like they rushed to finish it and didn't pay attention to any detail, i have very little faith in kRO being able to update their own game so i'll start over on a server that has that home feeling.

#23 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

Just watch after they implemented episode 12.3 ppl will start complaining that classic is not balance anymore..

#24 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

were on 13.2 mechanics already.
at least that's what i read somewhere.

Edited by Niji, 24 September 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#25 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Pre renewal only up to episode 12.3 once gms implemented that episode basically its the end game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users