Classic WoE how and when - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic WoE how and when

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#76 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Remove recall. Its a lag joke fail.

Classic pretrans woe didnt have it.

Basically it just disconnects 20 guild members. Lag spikes a castle and ruins fun.

Also it makes all woe a sneak past with monk snapping jokefest.

Want guilds to defend a castle? make it so they dont feel hopeless when one uber geared char sprints past and recalls 50 players.

Only ppl who like recall is recallers since it makes them uber important fun to play.

#77 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I would agree with no recall on pre-trans but hey, its here it will be here after trans so we may as well get used to it.

#78 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Remove recall. Its a lag joke fail.

Classic pretrans woe didnt have it.

Basically it just disconnects 20 guild members. Lag spikes a castle and ruins fun.

Also it makes all woe a sneak past with monk snapping jokefest.

Want guilds to defend a castle? make it so they dont feel hopeless when one uber geared char sprints past and recalls 50 players.

Only ppl who like recall is recallers since it makes them uber important fun to play.

Umm.... My guild was among the first 2 or 3 to have recall on Chaos and I was one ofthe first sinxes...

Why was I recalling on an assassin ?????????????????????????

There's no excuse for being ninja recalled on... unless being bad is an excuse then I don't know what to say.

No one is always at the top. There's always someone's better. :)

Your confidence intrigues me. Tell me more.

Edited by Xellie, 27 September 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#79 Ian14

Ian14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Your confidence intrigues me. Tell me more.

:) We'll just show it.

#80 lakerz

lakerz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

lol what? not letting leaders through and recall in your face is one of the main purpose of defending....i actually miss the no cool down recalls

#81 JesusWasJewish

JesusWasJewish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Limiting alliance and guild size is a no go in my opinion. There are ways around it and people will use those way. It's already been proven to happen with the current sizes. Do you honestly think lowering the number is going to change things? That's silly.

I wouldn't take castles away. The way things are set up created tier woe within woe. Big guilds take the big castles and the small timers have fun too because they don't have to compete with them (generally). Why would you want to take something away from the small timers? How do you expect to pull in more players if they have to face big shots off right from the get go? Those big shots have a major head start too if you start playing classic ro to simply woe. Honestly you guys love shooting yourself in the foot. It's ridiculous.

Woe is just starting, let it play out for awhile. And awhile means a few months. Why the hell do you want to change things when it's literally just starting? Let it get some attention first and play out. I haven't been motivated to join/start a guild because woe is not a regular thing yet. I'm still juggling the idea of starting a small time woe guild for kicks after woe is up and running on the regular. But if you shrink the number of castles, I don't see the point in trying. I'll probably just join a major guild. Once I hit 9x hah.

Do not remove castles, that's not beneficial in anyway.

Something with the reward would be the way to go imo. If you made it random, that still gives the smaller guild a chance. But you probably wont have the big guys fighting as much.

Unless only certain castles dropped the piece (as in only 3). And certain ones had a higher percentage. (70/60/50%). Just off the top of my head.

But don't remove castles and limiting guild alliance/size is pointless.

Edited by JesusWasJewish, 27 September 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#82 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Something with the reward would be the way to go imo. If you made it random, that still gives the smaller guild a chance. But you probably wont have the big guys fighting as much.

Unless only certain castles dropped the piece (as in only 3). And certain ones had a higher percentage. (70/60/50%). Just off the top of my head.

But don't remove castles and limiting guild alliance/size is pointless.

now, thats a better idea.
how about making some castles more profitable, a realm for instance, that could be rotating to prevent future tkms to make an easy decision.

EDIT: an idea just have
how about if by the end o a woe a guild have more than half the castles in a realm, they could tax the npc sells of the city jhahahah. that would be fun.

Edited by RonSilver, 27 September 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#83 JesusWasJewish

JesusWasJewish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Oh man, if a guild could dictate an aspect of the city if it wins over a realm that would be incredible. That's a seriously kick ass idea right there.

#84 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Random god item drops is really dumb idea.

Random god pieces = let's reward small/weak guilds and hurt big/powerful guilds who put in way more work/effort/skill.

#85 Virtuelol

Virtuelol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

guild?

#86 JesusWasJewish

JesusWasJewish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Random god pieces = let's reward small/weak guilds and hurt big/powerful guilds who put in way more work/effort/skill.

Make it random between 3 castles with varying % of where it's likely to drop is what I suggested. I think out of every change suggested the rewards being modified is the most prevalent one.

The best thing to do is to let woe play out for a few months before making any drastic changes. That's the obvious answer right there.

#87 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

That's some confidence right there. I wanna know what guild too.

#88 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

who cares what guild he's in

#89 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

br guild

#90 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Random god pieces still benefits powerful guilds more. Not only is there more incentive for bigger guilds to choose the easier locations to defend with randomized drops as Xellie said, but they are more likely to get multiple castles, increasing chances of getting a god piece again, leaving the remains to claim the harder to hold castles.

Edited by Sacriel, 27 September 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#91 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm against the random god item box as well. The ability for a guild or alliance to hold a monopoly on certain forts and the specific piece they drop is one main reason enemy alliances are formed, in order to take down that fort, and stop the monopoly. These have always been the greatest battles in the history of RO, and the most rewarding.

With the random god item box, there will be zero monopoly's, and zero reason to have large scale battles, since any fort can give you the items you want.

tl;dr:
No god item box = die die die
God item box = lets hold hands and be friends, la la la~

#92 Derixs

Derixs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Correct, if they went with random god item pieces this would just force the larger guilds to take even more castles at the end and most people would only play the last hour/1/2 hour of woe. I like a battle all woe long.

#93 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

I haven't been motivated to join/start a guild because woe is not a regular thing yet. I'm still juggling the idea of starting a small time woe guild for kicks after woe is up and running on the regular. But if you shrink the number of castles, I don't see the point in trying. I'll probably just join a major guild. Once I hit 9x hah.

I hope you go ahead with this.

#94 Virtuelol

Virtuelol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

people that are looking for competition and healthy woe's

Edited by Virtuelol, 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#95 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

people that are looking for competition and healthy woe's

Benchmark is already set from Insur and Net.

#96 Ian14

Ian14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

guild?

I'll just inform you after our lineup completed. :)

#97 eljesus

eljesus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

They do, obviously. Are you not paying attention?

#98 Virtuelol

Virtuelol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Last WoE was lagless, good job on that. Now onto some restrictions... all castles open is way too much for this population. 2 castles per realm with equally good drops spread around seems fair.

#99 eduard0

eduard0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFortaleza/CE - Brasil

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

all castles open is way too much for this population. 2 castles per realm with equally good drops spread around seems fair.

agree...
less castles will be much better for the atual population

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users