Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

---Edit 2/2/11: Crucial update! In October, a forced change to all Ragnarok Online passwords was implemented to protect them from a mass access attempt happening on the servers. Forcing players to change passwords was intended to get players who have used the same passwords for years to start fresh and create newer, secure passwords. Unfortunately, thousands of users promptly changed their randomized passwords back to older ones.

This has resulted in many accounts writing to us with compromised accounts and missing items and zeny. These restoration/hack investigations take a lot of your time and ours, when the situation could be easily avoided. Old passwords must be considered compromised. We have a large list of users who changed the passwords back and will be contacting them today through email to have them change to a secure password they have never used before.

Any accounts that have not changed to a new password by approximately February 8th 5pm will be force randomized. This will likely be repeated every few months to make sure that the compromised passwords are no longer being used.

Thank you -CM Oda ---

Here is the Knowledgebase article. https://support.warp...warpportal.aspx

How to Change your Game account PW using WarpPortal!

First thing is to visit http://warpportal.com, and login with your WarpPortal Account.
Posted Image

Second you want to click on the Game Accounts button circled in Orange.
Posted Image

For this example Iâ??m changing the 1st game account, click on Edit next to the Game account name.
Posted Image

Normally you can change the Password here, if you know the prior password.
If you do not know the current Password, click on the â??*Forgot Your Game Passwordâ? link that is circled in the image.
Posted Image

Fill in the information fields. Eventually those fields will be auto filled with the appropriate information, but for now you must put in the information.
If you have problems remembering the email and birthdate registered to the account, keep in mind it will exactly match the WarpPortal accounts information that is provided when you click on the â??Account Informationâ? link on the left hand side of the webpage (not shown above).
Click Submit once filled out
Posted Image

You will get an email sent to your registered email address.
Posted Image

Click on the â??Hereâ?
You will be sent back to WarpPortal page; if you must login again, do so, then click the here again from the email.
Posted Image

Fill in a new password that youâ??ve not used before, for security, and click submit!

If you need to update the email address to reset the password, or to bind a game account to the WarpPortal, please contact us via the Support Ticket system.
Thank you,
WarpPortal Support Team

#2 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Are you guys trying to piss us off intentionally? It's working.

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

I am sorry for the inconvenience that having to do some steps to secure the accounts. I don't regret the added security that will be present afterwards, in the form of game accounts bound to WarpPortal accounts and the PWs all being changed, but I certainly regret the announces that the few minutes of work is causing.

#4 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

To clarify: Is the DoB the one on the WP account, or the one the specific game account was originally registered with?

Edit: I think I understand. Now I just wish I wasnt locked out for "supposedly" entering the wrong(correct) info too many times.

Edited by Danuvue, 05 October 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#5 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Nice guide; the stickied post about all passwords being reset could probably use a referral link to this thread.

#6 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

It is not a few minutes when your damn website doesn't work, and we can not change our password, and can not play the damn game. With zero notice, you decide to ban half of us until you decide to answer tickets, which knowing gravity, is over a week. I don't know why I still play this game anymore.
Posted Image
Make your :p_devil: work before shoving it down my throat.

#7 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

It is not a few minutes when your damn website doesn't work, and we can not change our password, and can not play the damn game. With zero notice, you decide to ban half of us until you decide to answer tickets, which knowing gravity, is over a week. I don't know why I still play this game anymore.
Posted Image
Make your :p_devil: work before shoving it down my throat.

What are you clicking on, what are you trying to do. We can help you solve the frustration but we need more information to help you.

#8 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

You have failed to provide us with the correct account information too many times. Your access has been temporarily disabled.
We impose these limits to protect the website from automated programs. Please allow some time and try again later.

How long do I have to wait for this? It's your fault since you weren't crystal clear on the DoB's and emails.

#9 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:29 PM

The temporary block should open up later tonight.

#10 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Later tonight? It's 10:30 already. You guys really need to take some notes from Blizzards CS team.

#11 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

I have 3 acct attached to my email and i follow all the step to change the password. Wait for 15 min already still don't have any email was sent from warp portal. Checked inbox Junk mail folder nothing from warp portal. Can any admin help?

#12 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

What are you clicking on, what are you trying to do. We can help you solve the frustration but we need more information to help you.

Apparently not, because the ticket I submitted two months ago was never resolved. When clicking the edit button next to the account, or when trying to add a new account on the email it is registered, I get that stupid error. The only way I was able to add accounts in the first place was to stop playing email tag with the GM team, and link them to an alternate warp portal email, since the one they were registered with bugs your crappy programming.

#13 Kendra

Kendra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationhkawaii, the k is silent.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

Its ridiculously easy to change your password, people should just stop whining. At least the GM team is announcing that accounts have been brute-force attacked and they're actively trying to help us keep our accounts safe. Thanks guys, you're awesome. <3

#14 November

November

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

I have 3 acct attached to my email and i follow all the step to change the password. Wait for 15 min already still don't have any email was sent from warp portal. Checked inbox Junk mail folder nothing from warp portal. Can any admin help?

I am having the same problem. I have submitted a forget password on 12 accts and I have gotten 0 e-mails in the past 15 minutes. >.>

#15 aurum

aurum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

you only 5 minutes to click on link or it will be deactivated? 5 minutes from what? when it was sent or when we open the mail? :p_devil:

#16 GummyBear

GummyBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

You are all making sure to use the b-day and email that belongs to your warp portal account, and not the RO account right? Cause I'm with Kendra. This whole forgot your pass change thing isn't hard. I had np with any of my 5 accounts.

#17 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Apparently not, because the ticket I submitted two months ago was never resolved. When clicking the edit button next to the account, or when trying to add a new account on the email it is registered, I get that stupid error. The only way I was able to add accounts in the first place was to stop playing email tag with the GM team, and link them to an alternate warp portal email, since the one they were registered with bugs your crappy programming.

I went through the tickets you have submitted. You didn't respond back to the fist ticket you submitted about trying to get around this error message. The support team needed some more information from you in order to help you out further.

So my question to you is are you having that same issue or are you just upset that you never got a final answer to this error message? I want to help you but your a bit of all over the place.

#18 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Its ridiculously easy to change your password, people should just stop whining. At least the GM team is announcing that accounts have been brute-force attacked and they're actively trying to help us keep our accounts safe. Thanks guys, you're awesome. <3

Is easy for you to say when u have no problem changing ur password. People like me that have problem and don't have any support from this warp portal :p_devil:. I have the whole guild supplies and god item that lock up in my acct and is woe tomorrow. If warp portal does decide to do some major changes, at least have someone around for support.

#19 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

Wow guys, I would feel embarassed if I couldn't do this alone =__=;

#20 SisterMary

SisterMary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

lol ok horse face...stop brown nosing and read the forums.. 90% of players are complaining

many did not sign up for warp.. why? cause it was not a requirment

others didnt care what info they put in IE email/bday

they should have warned us here with atleast a week warning

Edited by SisterMary, 05 October 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#21 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

Is easy for you to say when u have no problem changing ur password. People like me that have problem and don't have any support from this warp portal :p_devil:. I have the whole guild supplies and god item that lock up in my acct and is woe tomorrow. If warp portal does decide to do some major changes, at least have someone around for support.

According to this post, someone is around over on Support. Send in a ticket if it's about you never binded your game account to your WP account.

#22 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

Agreed, i'm having a problem with the time delay, I sent the request at x time and actually get the email an hour and thirty mins after. The link no longer works cause it's time stamped from when I actually clicked submit.

#23 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I went through the tickets you have submitted. You didn't respond back to the fist ticket you submitted about trying to get around this error message. The support team needed some more information from you in order to help you out further.

So my question to you is are you having that same issue or are you just upset that you never got a final answer to this error message? I want to help you but your a bit of all over the place.

Both. The issue was never resolved. Saying that registering the account I was trying to buy kp on another email other than the one it was created (Bypassing the error message, not resolving it.) instead of waiting another week for the GM team to respond, and now having to face the same error again with no workaround due to a forced password change, is not all over the place. I have given all the information I have on why I am getting the error, and now the waiting game begins. Again.

And to think that just a few days ago we were all blocked from ygg due to the GM team screwing up. I got to play ygg for an entire day before being locked out off everything. I love paying for a subscription and having an entire week of it wasted.

Edited by Rate, 05 October 2010 - 09:00 PM.

#24 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

Both. The issue was never resolved. Saying that registering the account I was trying to buy kp on another email other than the one it was created (Bypassing the error message, not resolving it.) instead of waiting another week for the GM team to respond, and now having to face the same error again with no workaround due to a forced password change, is not all over the place. I have given all the information I have on why I am getting the error, and now the waiting game begins. Again.

Maybe you didn't read what my response was, as we are waiting for you to respond. The ticket got 2 responses from our support team and we did not get any answer in return from you so after 48 hours the ticket was closed. You can reopen the ticket at any time.

It seems like your looking to just place blame. I am sorry if we have wronged you in some way or fashion. If you want help you can use the support system http://support.warpportal.com

#25 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

You are all making sure to use the b-day and email that belongs to your warp portal account, and not the RO account right? Cause I'm with Kendra. This whole forgot your pass change thing isn't hard. I had np with any of my 5 accounts.

Cause everyone who plays RO has a warp portal account right? Right?

I feel sorry for those who cant remember the info tied to their individual accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users