Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11 - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#51 moore

moore

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

are you trying to get stuff to a yahoo e-mail? it's apparently an issue for a lot of people.

yes :'( hopefully i'll still get it at yahoo

#52 DoubleJump

DoubleJump

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

Hey Moore, if you use yahoo this article may be useful for you:

https://support.warp...arp-portal.aspx

In fact, MSN/Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo users may want to give this one a look. Shows some step-by-step on how to make sure WarpPortal e-mails aren't being filtered out.

#53 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

this is more than an annoyance, this is kinda crap. at least im able to change my pw, not like a lot of other people having issues. btw i agree about the ticket issue, still been 72 hrs and no response on 3 tickets ive submitted for other things. while i agree its a minor inconvenience to most of us, id rather not spend over an hour or more waiting for a ticket or something to come when there are easier ways to deal with this. knee jerk reaction on the gm's part, requires some kind of major compensation for this sort of change on such short notice and on a woe day. everyone stop feeding Kendra and focus on the main issue.

#54 Tollnsloe

Tollnsloe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:07 AM

Cause everyone who plays RO has a warp portal account right? Right?

I feel sorry for those who cant remember the info tied to their individual accounts.

hackers cant kill so many ppls's password.... does hackers can?

#55 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

so, all the accs our friends that quit gave us are worthless now? i have 4 accs on this wp :p_devil:, but two (that i use for over a year) i have no idea what email/info it was registered with. guess what? half of my gears were on those accs.
and yea, i dont have any way to contact the owner either.
i am NOT gonna fax you my id either

#56 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

i have 4 accs on this wp :p_devil:, but two (that i use for over a year) i have no idea what email/info it was registered with.

If you've linked the account to your warp portal account, then the email address and birthday for the account will have been updated to the email address and birthday of the warp portal account. So you should be able to use the same info to recover the two accounts in question that you used to recover your other two accounts.

#57 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:43 AM

sorry for my last post. 96 hrs on 1 ticket, 72 on the other 3....

#58 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

not working, email successfully reset, still get wrong id/password at login screen

what the plutonian shore is going on??

:p_devil:

#59 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:09 AM

If you've linked the account to your warp portal account, then the email address and birthday for the account will have been updated to the email address and birthday of the warp portal account. So you should be able to use the same info to recover the two accounts in question that you used to recover your other two accounts.

cant link an acc if you dont have the email.

#60 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

cant link an acc if you dont have the email.

and my NEW password still doesn't freaking work.

#61 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Nobody else is having problem with password?

I successfully reset my password, but I still get wrong id/password at the login screen.

Am I screwed yet?

#62 SisterMary

SisterMary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

Well sorry you're too stupid to do something that they've created to make things easier. Like, oh, THIS for example. And when you're filling out a form and FALSIFY information then I have no pity for you. :p_devil:

Unfortunately, there is no perfect security system and well educated hackers with a motive will eventually find a way into your account. They could make it so if you get the password wrong ONCE there is a 30 min ban from logging in. Would you like that? It would make brute force hacking WAY harder (still not impossible, nothing is impossible sweetie) but it would also complicate our lives beyond what is necessary...

rofl did i say me? my account is fine..

look at all the foreign customers that are having trouble because of this..

lol most people from original iro falsified info regarding their emails etc.. half of XGMR guild did because they didn't want the spam emails from the korean sites lol.. no big deal...

it would have been nice if they gave us a week notice and atleast had a password hint question... this could have been handled so much easier with less pain on both sides...

read the communities thoughts before you start brown nosing and damn you look like mr. magoo...

#63 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

And when you're filling out a form and don't falsify information that is by no means necessary(lol online game is srs bsns), and end up being a victim of identity theft, I will point and laugh in your face, in addition to having no pity for you. This is the internet. This is 2010. Unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary, you SHOULD be using false info. Anyone who is not an idiot could tell you this.

It's also against Terms of Service when registering account which the GM's can legally just terminate your account for, oh right people don't read Terms of Service.
The information is necessary in a sense that it's for proof your the owner of the account, and is considered when they check for credit card fraud. Though really, given that alot of the information still isn't enough to commit identity fraud, and it's also protected the same way it is on shopping websites, if your too paranoid to fill it in on here, you must be too paranoid to buy anything online even from well-known sites like amazon.

Well if you're going to falsify information that could later be crucial to account recovery (...I cant even COUNT how many sites use your birth date/month to verify ownership) at least REMEMBER the false birth date you do provide. Anyway, I'm done responding to crybaby idiots. I hope everyone gets their accounts sorted out, creates a warp portal account, and makes an effort to remember/write down the fake information they apparently should be giving. <3

^ However this is the most important. If your so paranoid about giving real information out over the internet, at least remember the bull-_- you write down.

I'm still placing bets 80% of the people crying about this either were too lazy to bind there accounts to a WP account thus deserve the hassle for being stupid or complaining because they can't access accounts they didn't make and was given to them so they don't even own the account which is (although incredibly common) discouraged and was against the rules a long time ago.

The former case will be delt with, the later is a case of "tough crap, get your friend to sort their own account out for you".

Though to be honest, it's pretty near impossible to just force your way into an account, doesn't iRO already have a lock-out system that refuses to let you log in for 20 minutes if you get the password wrong too many times? It'd take decades to hack an account just guessing every letter/number combination possible.

Edited by Tirasu, 06 October 2010 - 06:39 AM.

#64 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

Could we temporally have the date of birth removed from the "forgot my pw" form in the "add an existing account" page?. For people who haven't added their accounts to WP yet and are trying to add them, the dates don't match their WP dates yet. There are people who own the email-adress of their account, have a warp portal account, know their old pw, but can't reset neither add a new pw because used random dates years ago when registering on RO.

Posted Image

#65 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

^ send a ticket... and as I said before... ppl who didn't linked their account had like 3 months to do it... if you just were lazy to do it... this is the side effect for being lazy... that's all...

#66 SisterMary

SisterMary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

Could we temporally have the date of birth removed from the "forgot my pw" form in the "add an existing account" page?. For people who haven't added their accounts to WP yet and are trying to add them, the dates don't match their WP dates yet. There are people who own the email-adress of their account, have a warp portal account, know their old pw, but can't reset neither add a new pw because used random dates years ago when registering on RO.

Posted Image

sign into the main warp portal...

then go to account management...

on the page under edit personal information it should list your date of birth/ whatever you entered as your Date of birth

hope this helps

#67 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

sign into the main warp portal...

then go to account management...

on the page under edit personal information it should list your date of birth/ whatever you entered as your Date of birth

hope this helps

The problem is ^^;...

1) I register a warp portal account with my ingame mail. Then I go to add an existing game account

Posted Image

2) I see my account name suggested (because I'm using the same email...), and click on "add this account now". I get to this screen:

Posted Image

3) I know my old account pw, and name and mail adress, but pw was reseted so I click on "I forgot my pw"... and see this screen:

Posted Image

That is the problem =/

#68 Saisotsu

Saisotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Could this thread be pinned or at least have a link for it on the main topic/patcher? I fear this one may be slowly lost over the course of the day.

Edited to fix grammar mistakes.

Edited by Saisotsu, 06 October 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#69 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

The problem is ^^;...

1) I register a warp portal account with my ingame mail. Then I go to add an existing game account

Posted Image

2) I see my account name suggested (because I'm using the same email...), and click on "add this account now". I get to this screen:

Posted Image

3) I know my old account pw, and name and mail adress, but pw was reseted so I click on "I forgot my pw"... and see this screen:

Posted Image

That is the problem =/

If you see the account already listed, and there is a link next to the account and you click on that link, then you are taken to a page that only asks you to enter the Password for that account for verification.

The page you see is if you are adding an account that doesn't share the same email address as the WarpPortal account. In this case if you do not know your Date of Birth, or you Entered it in wrong when you registered then you will need to contact our support team and they can update the Date of Birth for you.

http://support.warpportal.com

#70 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

I don't mind this change & even expected it much sooner; I was able to do almost all my families accounts but 1, I have an account on Yahoo.ca and it is causing me much greef
due to the time limit on changing the password. By the time I get the email from warp portal the time has expired to change the pass word. How am I able to fix this?

Edited by GhostShadow, 06 October 2010 - 09:59 AM.

#71 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

I don't mind this change & even expected it much sooner; I was able to do almost all my families accounts but 1, I have an account on Yahoo.ca and it is causing me alot of greef
due to the time limit on changing the password. By the time I get the email from warp portal the time has expired to change the pass word. How am I able to fix this?

If the account is not bound to a WarpPortal account yet, we can update the email address you just need to contact our support team and request for the change.

#72 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

If the account is not bound to a WarpPortal account yet, we can update the email address you just need to contact our support team and request for the change.

nope this was registered to warp portal account already, now what?

Edited by GhostShadow, 06 October 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#73 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

Oh my how embarassing found it in the Spam folder, due to the fact they sent responce with the same sender & same title.
Gravity might want to add a counter or some kind of way to change the title of the reponce to avoid this problem.
Worked now so woot I'm all done with the red tape!

Edited by GhostShadow, 06 October 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#74 bongbardmee

bongbardmee

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Well if you're going to falsify information that could later be crucial to account recovery (...I cant even COUNT how many sites use your birth date/month to verify ownership) at least REMEMBER the false birth date you do provide. Anyway, I'm done responding to crybaby idiots. I hope everyone gets their accounts sorted out, creates a warp portal account, and makes an effort to remember/write down the fake information they apparently should be giving. <3

I think I detect sarcasm somewhere in this post. I'm pretty sure that you understand how big of a problem identity theft is. A few years ago, I had one of my accounts hacked and everything stolen from it. I didn't think it was that much of a problem, since I didn't play RO much at that time, but then I remembered that I had all of my personal information on that account, including my home address. Do you have any idea how much I panicked? Thankfully, nobody has come by to rob me of all my possessions, but I've never input my address anywhere after that. Also, one of my... Funnier... friends taught me how easy it was to stalk people. It's REALLY easy if you have their full name. Therefore, I try not to use my real name, or much of my real info, on games anymore.

Because of this event, I lost two of my accounts. Both I had planned to be throwaways, one just to play for a bit to remember the old times of RO and one to make a Wizard just for training at Gators, Goats and the like. As such, I didn't really think I'd need to remember any important information on them other than the username and password. All of a sudden, those two accounts grew on me and suddenly had millions worth of gears on the characters. I've never seen more than a million before when playing RO, which made them pretty special. And then this happened and I just lose it all.

Wow, I'm such a crybaby idiot, aren't I?

#75 Saisotsu

Saisotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

...I'm pretty sure that you understand how big of a problem identity theft is. ... Therefore, I try not to use my real name, or much of my real info, on games anymore..."

This occurrence is a valuable lesson that all people must learn. Almost all e-mail accounts and many on-line games have "birth date" as a verifier in case of any hacking. If you must use fake information, be consistent (on-line games having one, emails having another) and write it down in-case of account-related issues. With Gravity, WarpPortal is currently your back-up when hacking occurs followed by your main e-mail. In this current situation, the risky business was deep enough that resetting everything became a necessary preventative measure. These things happen, and it is good to be prepared in an emergency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users