Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11 - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Using an old password? Don't! updated 2/2/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#126 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

um am i missing something? are they telling use to change password again? after they just recently forced a reset?

If you're talking about when you log in and see a warning in red, that's just a suggestion. You don't have to change your password if you don't want to, just click on whatever page you want to get to.

#127 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

what red warning?

#128 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

what red warning?

When you log into your WarpPortal, you get a warning in red if you haven't changed your password in 90 days.

Were you referring to the thread in general?

#129 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

ya i was refering to thread in general. I dont get no warning when I log in wp, just alot of lag on the site and the game

#130 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

ya i was refering to thread in general. I dont get no warning when I log in wp, just alot of lag on the site and the game

Well, this thread is here indefinitely for the people who were used to changing their passwords through their game accounts instead of WarpPortal.

#131 Hirosama

Hirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

This is rediculous i submitted a ticket asking to get an email established onto an acct of mien cause the email was deleted and they asked for the information so i sent them everything and extra info so they can make sure im not a bot and my request is legit so then they close my ticket, wth >.>

#132 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hirosama we did NOT close your ticket. Our system closes the ticket 3 days after we send a response to you. Your email may not have it viewable, please login on the support page and view your ticket, you can see our response there, and if necessary reopen and update.

#133 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

two of my guildies has problems with the DOB, they have their mails... is okay if that is the only info they have real, since mostly all the info they used was fake http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/sterb041.gif

#134 bowbok

bowbok

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Uhh Yeah
I also have had an account on here for quite some time and had a lot of troubles trying to figure out what was going on.
After I figured out that the pw's wer reset I tried to follow your pw reset thing on first page..
to no success.. I tried logging into warp portal but it said that my email did not exsist!!!... wtf.
I submitted a ticket about 5-6 days ago and the only thing I got was an automated email with referl links to what
the problem might be...
I know what the problem is you all lost my info. I have payed for kafra points 4-6 times as well as paying for membership
for around a year. or 2.. before the free server came out.
I have been a fan of this game sence betta, yeah i have played for around 6 years total
and nothing like this has ever happened. so what happened now?
I would just like to know wth is going on, and if you all are going to do anything,
I would like my game back.
please..

Edited by bowbok, 09 December 2010 - 02:31 PM.

#135 bowbok

bowbok

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Uhh Yeah
I also have had an account on here for quite some time and had a lot of troubles trying to figure out what was going on.
After I figured out that the pw's wer reset I tried to follow your pw reset thing on first page..
to no success.. I tried logging into warp portal but it said that my email did not exsist!!!... wtf.
I submitted a ticket about 5-6 days ago and the only thing I got was an automated email with referl links to what
the problem might be...
I know what the problem is you all lost my info. I have payed for kafra points 4-6 times as well as paying for membership
for around a year. or 2.. before the free server came out.
I have been a fan of this game sence betta, yeah i have played for around 6 years total
and nothing like this has ever happened. so what happened now?
I would just like to know wth is going on, and if you all are going to do anything,
I would like my game back.
please..

you sent me a email saying that i need to bind my account so i tried to do so But it sais that my account information
is eather wrong wich it isnt, or it is alredy bound to somones account. sence i havnt bound it, i find it most
amusing... that somone may have stolen my account. i tried reseting all my info one step at a time
but it said WRONG INFORMATION...
i also read that you will compinsate in whatever way you can. i would like to get my acount back
and i would like you all to do it. if you need i can send you all of my information again.
after all it is my information.
PLEASE RESPOND
this is tiring and after 6 days all you can say is do it yourself.
well if i could i would
again i would deeply appreciate a little time and consideration
seeing that i am a determined fan that would like to keep playing your game.
do i need to send you money? to get my account back???
i will wait for a responce thank you

#136 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

I just tried to reset my password but when I go to enter my new password it tells me the password doesn't match.. Like when it tells me to verify the new one by retyping it.

What's going on?

#137 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Solved. Apparently it works in Internet Explorer and nothing else.

Can we please move forward and out of the dark ages...?

#138 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

Solved. Apparently it works in Internet Explorer and nothing else.

Can we please move forward and out of the dark ages...?

-_- I'm still waiting on my issue of old account trying to bind to my Warpportal ID, but given how this alt account was spur of the moment over 6 years ago maybe more, I just put in random date of birth because didn't think would matter. Now apparently it does since need to remember what I put all those years ago in a random way before I can link my alt account to WP and use it. I wouldn't mind it if speeded up the tickets deal with account first then technical issues then bots but I can see logic first come first serve approach just wish had access to my old account already thats all.

I still have main account working fine so I guess I'll just use that for now.

#139 nouinoui

nouinoui

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

So whats up with this? Saying the information entered is incorrect. Cant even log into support. Do you have to create another seperate accout to use support system? Total bullcrap. Hard as hell to get your account back.

#140 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

For support.warpportal.com you need a seperate account.

#141 Bastol

Bastol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

By the way, just found out that you can't use the: "é è ç à" characters for your in game PW th game will say the password is invalid whereas the website accepts it. This might have been pointed out earlier but i didn't feel like reading the whole thing.

#142 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Talk to 3 personnel on ticket already, seems like they cannot understand that i need my warpportal account password (DOB issues) and not the game account password. :D

#143 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

iCare please PM me a ticket number.

#144 HumIsKing

HumIsKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

I find it difficult to reset a password. My sisters account and my 2 nieces accounts are still not active. No matter how we tried to change the freaking passwords it keeps saying. Information you entered is incorrect. so my sister and her two daughters quit. I still want my gears on those accounts that I loaned and gave to them. Why make it so hard? Who can I talk to or email or whatevr to get those accounts password reset?

#145 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

iCare please PM me a ticket number.

I wonder how many interns have played on the iRO servers before becoming "ticket gm's", or even played ro.

Maybe shed some light on the things you're doing and how things are now? One of the reasons people hop from the official to a pserver is mainly due to bad service, little information and a confused management+playerbase.

Oda has already become the number 1 gm in the community's eyes, due to the response we've gotten.

#146 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

If you don't have access to the email address an account was registered to, then you have no control over the account.

You will need to update the email on the account to one you do have control over. This means you must ticket and give all details of that account so we can verify and update the email.

Once done binding an account to the warpportal is easy, easier still if you updated the email to match the WarpPortal account.

Once bound changing the password to a game account is a simple matter of editing it and checking the email to make the password change.

There is much information in the knowledge base along with graphical guides on how to bind accounts and change passwords, it is a resource meant to assist so we do not copy and paste information you already have.

#147 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

Updated the OP. All players who have changed the passwords back to an old one need to change to an entirely new password before the 8th to avoid another forced reset.

#148 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

Updated the OP. All players who have changed the passwords back to an old one need to change to an entirely new password before the 8th to avoid another forced reset.

How did they compromise all those passwords in the first place?

Did their methods give them access to any information other than the Account ID and the Password?
Particularly important is whether they got access to the email address - if the hackers got this, anyone who used their RO password for their email would be at very high risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users