• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

I have ME priest and I wanted to know some things about the cast time.

Crown of deceit +7 with a dark illusion card. And a holy stick.

This should reduce ME cast time by 50% because I believe they stack.

75 dex should reduce ME cast time by 50%. Altogether 75% reduction because dex doesn't stack with gear, right?

Now here is my question regarding renew.

ME takes 15 seconds to cast. 75% reduction brings it down to 3.7 seconds. Does the fix cast time bring it back up to 5.7? Therefore I would either need 100% reduction or 100% dex in order to get a 2 second cast?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

If ME is like most pre-renewal skills, it will have a 3 second fixed cast time portion.

That 3 seconds is not effected by ANYTHING other than sacremento AB buff.

The remaining 12 seconds is reduced in the normal way by dex and int. In renewal, you get instant cast when dex*2+int > 530, not dex > 150 like pre-renewal (in renewal, 150 dex is trivial to get)
As with pre-renewal, 50% stat-based reduction and 50% item-based reduction = 75% reduction.

#3 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

I believe that the cast time reduction for CoD+DI card stacks multiplicatively with the ME-specific cast time reduction from Holy Stick. At least that's the case with Imp/Siroma cards for firebolt and coldbolt respectively, and with Aco BG set for Holy Light.

#4 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

I believe that the cast time reduction for CoD+DI card stacks multiplicatively with the ME-specific cast time reduction from Holy Stick. At least that's the case with Imp/Siroma cards for firebolt and coldbolt respectively, and with Aco BG set for Holy Light.

Can you explain this further? So equip reduction doesn't stack directly with card reduction? For example: 10% dark illusion card doesn't add directly to the 15% reduction from a crown of deceit +7?

#5 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Cast time reduction isn't the same that some skill cast reduction so doesn't stack each other. So +7 CoD and DI card stacks but Holy Stick effect doesn't.

With the gears you talk you get -25% cast time for all skills. So ME cast time is 15 seconds and now you have 12.25 seconds. With the Holy Stick you get -25% cast time of these 11.25 seconds so you get now 8.4375 seconds. Like you have 75 dex is just the half 4.22 seconds (rounded).

4.22 seconds isn't the 25% of 15. This is the result of (3/4)*(3/4)*(15/2)

Edited by Fibrizzo, 06 October 2010 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users