The best suggestion, DO not release trans. - Page 3 - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The best suggestion, DO not release trans.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

and angelus, that vit def might save you from dying to a battle priest :p_idea:

#52 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

A battle priest with level 10 mace mastery will kill you even with angelus, you know... PAM, ONE SHOT.

#53 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Old Sakray :V

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wow....you guys need some reducs O.o...what are you playing....perma-novices? O.o.....You MUST be trolling, or you have some god-awful builds.

Edited by Roda, 31 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#54 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

hey not everyone can be as amazing as you are :( we didn't all start playing in 2003 so we don't know all these long forgotten super secret builds of the past and have only heard legends of this equip switching that only the the true masters of ro can do

#55 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

This has gotten to be ridiculous. First of all, I never said I wanted classic to permanently remain pre-trans, instead I suggested trans be delayed and another server be made for that purpose. Secondly, this has lost all constructiveness and has become a troll topic. If you actually want to add constructively to this topic, read the entire thing. It is not that long, and before I get into a topic that is what I do, so that I am informed on what has already been covered, and I do this for 30+ page threads.

#56 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

This has gotten to be ridiculous.

We understand your point, you want to keep pre trans for some time but your arguments prove your knowledges about RO and WoE are a bit outdated.

Nobody uses grand cross in WoE anymore
Nobody uses Angelus, except for spamming and hitlock your partymates when you're bored.
Nobody uses Angeling card under a precast, you will freeze and die, BS sacramenti has the same effect
You are not supposed to die from Sonic Blow in WoE
Magnificat has no use in WoE because everybody is overweight
Gear Strip is countered by Chemical Protection
Sages are not needed for endow, you use scrolls. They are needed for Dispell and Land Protector
MvP cards doesn't matter in WoE

All you say is wrong
And splitting the server is a bad idea, less population and more work for the Gm team.
Is it constructive enough?

#57 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

actually it has been ridiculous from page 1. that's why it's pretty hard to stay serious :lol:

i don't really agree with everything in the above post but a bit outdated is a nice way to put it and yeah splitting the server is a terrible idea too

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

why trans should be released:

Edited by Xellie, 01 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#59 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm sorry but you HAD to find the most pathetic WoE vid out there didn't you? I looked up the vid on youtube and the guy even said it was intended as a sort of joke. Here is a better one.

#60 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm sorry but you HAD to find the most pathetic WoE vid out there didn't you? I looked up the vid on youtube and the guy even said it was intended as a sort of joke. Here is a better one.

tell me more about how pretrans isn't a joke

Posted Image
source :
http://choobs.org/classicwoe/index

I posted the solo one vs alliances, because the alliance vs alliance one was even sadder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrJn9m3WAU4

<sarcasm>It's not like I'm the leader of that guild or anything. I don't know what I'm talking about.</sarcasm>

Edited by Xellie, 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#62 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

tell me more about how pretrans isn't a joke

Well, since you asked expressly for it, and since this does not constitute advertising a pserver as I have confirmed that this pserver is dead, here is your proof that pre-trans done right is not a joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNWtQDkHqLI&feature=related

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

so you're basically telling me that everyone that plays vs my precast organization is just terrible?

#64 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Not necessarily, but something is up. Either with the overall setup with WoE on the server or perhaps a lack of experience on effective builds. From the looks of the video it could even be that people aren't potting, although I find that very difficult to believe. The point in case was the people on that pserver had 3 YEARS to get good at pre-trans and most were veterans of RO who had played when it was basically like that. Imo that server was not very different from classic while it was still up, aside from no pay to win and certain small things like OBBs still giving out slotted sunnies and no rental items. And imo I have to agree with you, WoE on classic does not look very appealing......

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Now I have about 3 years of pre-trans experience and 4 years of trans experience and a combined total of 7 years of pre-re WoE experience and knowledge of game mechanics.

Right now, we have gear and items that weren't available in the original pre trans. Stat food for example. Survivor rods. Ele resist pots. Rental gear. It's easier to put out enough damage to kill someone than it is the survive what can be put out.

the rental gear makes a HUGE difference. Hitting high atk and matk bonuses that shouldn't be possible. It will be the same when ninjas come out. They will seem ridiculously strong because they're naturally stronger than nontrans but weaker than trans.

If people just are playing to win, you'll see more stuff like my video. If people play for fun, you'll see more like the NET video. Eventually, everyone wants to win. I dunno about you, but I've done my 3 years of pretrans in the past. I want trans back! There are more options.

#66 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I agree with 99% of that post of yours. The thing I don't entirely agree with is that people playing to win creates the WoE conditions on classic....at least not alone. Rather, I think the thought that playing for fun and playing to win are different things....in combination with the items you have mentioned which weren't originally around before trans creates those conditions.
However, I am glad we can finally agree on 99% of this issue. :p_angel:

#67 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

This is real pre-trans WoE

#68 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

If we REALLY want authentic pre-trans, it's hard to find a vid more authentic than this....the only reason I didn't show it earlier is cuz it's not "recent" and displays A LOT of old and no longer used tactics, but it's hard to deny that it is epic.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

If we REALLY want authentic pre-trans, it's hard to find a vid more authentic than this....the only reason I didn't show it earlier is cuz it's not "recent" and displays A LOT of old and no longer used tactics, but it's hard to deny that it is epic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOH1BUBXU0

I have have been on both sides of that alliances fights. I was in wave ~2003-4 and DC in 2004-5 (over christmas for a few weeks). That video is from just after I left to make my own guild.

I can tell you pretty much everything I know about WoE I learned from those guilds. And it will always devolve into a lag fest aimed at abusing the lack of abilities in pretrans and the lack of items/hp pool. It will never ever be the same.

At least on the side of WAVE I can tell you there was not much understanding of game mechanics as now and they relied on numbers rather than player skill. It had very little to do with pretrans/trans and as a result... believe that castle would have broken FAR sooner had trans been about. People were stupid about RO then, it was the size of fights that made everything epic.

Oh and just so you know what I'm comparing up against here? I rejoined the wave alliance after trans came out in '06. And we were fighting the same people. It was still epic. Not as epic as the WoE 2 battles that came out later on.... but actually more classes having stuff to do and be aware of is a good start.

I could post a million videos, but I hope my explanation of my experiences is enough.

#70 Klawklaw

Klawklaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

release trans classes already before the amount of players bored and quit got worst!!!
End of discussion.

#71 Brolleun

Brolleun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Some can't play class that requires skill like a monk but that's okay we all know not everyone is meant for the job or if you can't think or care enough about the class your playing, some people who complain about monk is the ones who can't play the class. Saying monks are so many and imba is so irrelevant because monk actually takes skill and not at all imba and well your numbering of monks 7 10 15 is surely tripled in trans also super imba and sages are strong because they are single target double damage even, you can see more sages than wizards on enemy and on defense. Sader is useful because of devotion just like in trans, there's grandcross and if there is angeling card then its very simple to get 1 shot inside WoE. Thief is not useless but requires gear and its the same in trans if you have no gear. Just don't take the replies as a joke and don't take it personal.

Ragnarok requires no more skill then a skinner box, so stop generalizing on a job that is no more complicated to play than any other class, and in most cases Monk and Champion can be the easiest to play in a non-renewal world, yet people like to throw around this concept of skill in a very automated game, yet some classes do perform substantially better with less. I don't pretend to understand Ragnarok in the Renewal world, as everything about Renewal is new to me, but classic I know well enough.

Ragnarok requires understanding, and that is the biggest flaw of Ragnarok is the lack of information, creature comforts, and modern day gaming mechanics. Ragnarok has a learning curve, and for a fresh Ragnarok player this game is very outdated and left/right field, and every class performs better with "gear," but some can perform great without "gear."

Yet I digress, and have to disagree with transcendence being left out of this so called "classic" Ragnarok.

Edited by Brolleun, 10 November 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#72 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

@Roda: You're grossly misreading the data.

Those pre-trans epic battles didn't occur because it was 'pretrans'. The scale of those battles happened because a huge amount of the players who played when the game was free still remained active.

I remember playing back then; We were all very excited about trans coming out. Lots of retired players came back to the game because of trans, otherwise the original or even the juno update (2-2 classes) was too boring to continue on. Back then the game would have died alot sooner if trans never came out. The same thing still holds true today.

Edited by Rumm, 13 November 2012 - 05:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users