Slotted Middle Headgear Alternatives - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Slotted Middle Headgear Alternatives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zeratul

Zeratul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

I know there are many people who would request that slotted middle headgears be added to classic. There are also many people who would request that slotted middle headgears never show up on classic, arguing that certain headgear cards would be overpowered in middle headgears. I agree with the latter group and would prefer that they not be added. However, there are a number of headgear cards that would be useful in middle headgears that would not be overpowered - Willow and Elder Willow for example - which I think would be nice to have available. I thought up two options for this that would likely appease both aforementioned groups:

Option 1 - Implement these card effects in actual (new) headgears. For example, you released the Takius' Blindfold on the old servers which was essentially a Blinder with an Elder Willow Card. You could release more headgears like this that are not slotted but have the effect of a certain card. However, if someone wants the effect they're stuck with that one headgear whether they like it or not (being kawaii is important!), which brings me to option 2...

Option 2 - Create an NPC that will take one of a list of non-sotted middle headgears (sunnies, glasses, elven ears, etc.) along with one of a list of headgear cards (Willow, Elder Willow, etc.) and in return give a slotted version of that headgear with the given card inserted. This way you could limit the list of cards that can be added, while still giving multiple headgear options for those that have a preference. You can also start with limited lists of headgears and cards and add to them as time goes on.

Both of these options could include a kafra shop component as well, either by selling the headgears from option 1 or by selling an item that allows the use of the NPC in option 2.

Personally I like option 2, but I think either option would be nice to add. Any critiques and/or suggestions are welcome.

#2 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Agree on not having slotted mids, not so sure about this idea, but I do think elven ears should continue to be slot-able... they're account bound afterwards, so most people don't want to put a high value card such as an MVP card into something they can't trade anyway (in my experience).

#3 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Agree on not having slotted mids, not so sure about this idea, but I do think elven ears should continue to be slot-able... they're account bound afterwards, so most people don't want to put a high value card such as an MVP card into something they can't trade anyway (in my experience).

They could simply make all varieties of slotted mids account bound too.

#4 xsabbatx

xsabbatx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18507/ How can i get some Elven Ears [1] ??

#5 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Slotted mids did exist before renewal, but I'm sure everyone's already aware of that. Making them account bound would be adequate, right?

#6 xsabbatx

xsabbatx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

uppppppppppppppppp

Edited by xsabbatx, 24 October 2012 - 07:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users