[Classic] Loki Patch notes Oct 23 onward! - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Loki Patch notes Oct 23 onward!

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#51 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Freya

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

lots of QQ if removing the default rate of 150% does happen.

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Yeah.... I think the current rate is fine as a default. It's not easy levelling, but it's not as tedious as 2006.. which is honestly the last time I ever remember true 100% rate existing.

#53 oshiyo

oshiyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHelheim
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

It's still likely that the rates would change but as stated before I am against it which many will be, but what happens happens. Leveling would just be whats the word mm mind numbing(face grinding) like things were years back.

#54 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

The rate adjustment, will be discussed internally. it coems down to player joy vs long term gameplan really. With lower rates it makes exp quest put in more valuable which shifts the game play from murder job to more of a murder quest type thing. If the rates are higher we have less room to entice with those quests.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

I dislike quests even for the best exp, there's some joy to be had in murdering things (that is why I play a melee) - that is omnious sounding because TI quests destroying all other partying / destroying rewards in pvm that you gain from working hard and gaining equipment go away if the quests replace all normal grinding.

I'm not against them... I just want more pvm variety. What happened on the renewal servers wasn't cool in the end.

#56 oshiyo

oshiyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHelheim
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Problem with that though is for the longest time RO wasn't dependant on events/quests besides the common quests such as rachel sanctuary, so to be honest that shouldn't effect the set rates, so if you want things to be truly "classic" you cant exactly say thats the determining factor. The rates wont really change whether people do the quests, it just will mean that the game will be more classic with people grinding rather than questing that seems to really be less rewarding.

Edited by oshiyo, 25 October 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#57 ogaarao

ogaarao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

anyone knows who the vip exp will work out in parties? like would the vip exp off of a monster split between lets say a 2 person party when only one person has vip? or would only the person with vip get the bonus exp?

#58 neobaobr

neobaobr

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

That is a very good idea.

I think he'll be traveling around on the Domestic Airship though.

Will have to make that happen next maint.

For the plan

BG implemented

Please DO NOT implement BG (and Bg/kvm) itens before a kind of long time of the server ..Since the items of battleground are too imbalanced(kinda strong)
It wont matter that much for now but when transcending becomes available , everyone yes, EVERYONE will be already full bg ekps and thats bad enough...

#59 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Non-repeatable quests, particularly those at the end of a long quest chain, deserve bigger exp rewards.

It's the repeatable turnin quests that make normal gameplay obsolete.

#60 neobaobr

neobaobr

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Starting a new Patch server thread, the other was getting long in the tooth.
For

October 25 Late night maintenance to not interfere so much with your playtime.
For the period of 10/25 ~ 10/30 we will keep the 1.5x exp/drop inplace and have VIP active. On Tuesday if we decide it is working properly we will remove the default 1.5x; and make the server 1x with VIP doing 1.5x. This is possible to change, but we want to manage expectations so that he worst case is what you know about already.

• Prontera 3 Castle GD entrance fixed
  • Valk GD spawn improvement for all GDs, will have to see how well these 20%~70% spawn increases work before making further adjustments.
  • Implement Regular refiner near the Kafra in Eden Group
  • Super Novice gear seller is on the Domestic Airship. Inside near the south-side windows.
  • Ymir Quest implemented on the airships.
  • Niflheim Spotlight's quests that lead up to
  • Glastheim Spotlight quests
  • Corrected Halloween quest to allow re-entry into your same instance if you get disconnected, instance still only exists 1 hour
  • Testing out VIP! 150% EXP/Drops 1% Death penalty and 600 storage. In addition to getting access to more characters, and bypass of the Magical stone check for Mail/Cart/2nd Job change. If you had VIP at one point and do one of those features it will pretend you spent the Magical stone!Server rates on the game end are 150% "normal"
    VIP will currently do 150% of the above (so yes for your mathy people 225%)

That server 150% XP rate may return to the "normal" 100% rate on Tuesday.

For VIP storage, you will be able to pull items out if your VIP expires, but not put back in until VIP is active again.
    For character slots it is currently remaining as is, with access to those premium character slots only be available when you have VIP. This is especially true during the testing period because changing it back and forth if we need to undo the VIP would be more of a confusion than not modifying it yet.
October 23
  • WoE 1 portals should default open now
  • WoE 1 Kafra gals should be on for you to save and repair
  • Guild Vs Guild rooms in PVP should allow fighting between guilds now!
  • Yellow Bandana , Novices can now wear
  • Sealed Boxer will no longer give Extractors, she will still allow box opening with Silver/Gold keys
  • Enriched Elunium returns to normal price
  • "No Zeny Enriched hammer" is stopped (you'll have to pay zeny again when refining with Enriched Ore)
  • 7 New Halloween Hats for sale until November 20. Effects will be posted on the Website, the hats are not tradable, but the boxes they come in are.
    - Whikebain Ears animated 600pt
    - Skull Hood 400pt
    - Necromancer's Hood 500pt
    - Grim Reaper 500pt
    - Black Devils Mask 600pt
    - Frost Giant's Skull 600pt
    - Whisper Mask 400pt
  • Ragnarok Tactics Sponsored Quest : Investigate the Orcish Invasion? Prize is exp and a Fancy Orc Hero Helm!

Also... PLEASE, DO NOT return exp from server to "normal" (its hard enough , and fun enough as it is) Vip should get bonuses (that is correct) so i think double exp and drop + magical stone dismiss and 600 storage kafra are more than enough...

Returning server to normal exp may go as "an arrow in the knee" some players might quit (not because its harder to lvl ) but because vip would get the same exp as it used to be(vip should be encouraged not obligated to acquire.=(....) . for that exp matter it should stay the way it is.

at last but not least: middle slotted headgers should be implement somehow , not sure how they should arrive atm (not account bound plz).

#61 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Pre renewal Ti's or renewal Ti's?
I personally liked having the option to go and do Pre-Renewal turn-in's like Peco pecos, Hodes, Dokibi, Gators, and goats. They would only bring you up to level 84 max and then you still had to grind the rest of the way to 99.

It was those constant "Event" Dragons,Ice dungeon"ice titans" Turn-ins that were game breaking. They flooded the market with "Somewhat" rare gears and items and it didn't have a daily limit or Level cut off they went all the way up to level 99.

#62 neobaobr

neobaobr

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

The rate adjustment, will be discussed internally. it coems down to player joy vs long term gameplan really. With lower rates it makes exp quest put in more valuable which shifts the game play from murder job to more of a murder quest type thing. If the rates are higher we have less room to entice with those quests.

Ahnnnnnn LoL???
quest are way overrated... yes , Personally i make several of them but they arent and shall never be the main fount of experience on the game , leveling should be about PvM...

regarding Player joy vs long term gamepan (yeah it will take so much time to lvl that the player shall be full of joy when he levels up or simply quits leveling or playing , Because no matter what ... at a certain point , leveling becomes boring , yes a pain in the butt .

Event quest are normally not that fun or great(i know the inttetion of the staff is good and you guys may follow "times" of the year such as Halloween quest) But i also know as a player ,that double drops and exp weeks are much more fun than any event quests anyone would ever make.
the joy of dropping a almost impossible to drop item , is always greater than getting a little exp and a cool show-off hat
and lets not forget the frustation of breaking the drop on over attempts (LOL).

More double exp and/or drops events should happen , not reduction on rates and event quest...
at least thats my thinking

#63 Tsuki

Tsuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Not liking the idea of making servers default back to 1x and VIP 1.5x. I understand the intentions to promote VIP subscription but doing it this way makes it feel more of a punishment to people who don't want to subscribe then rewarding those who do. It's a negative impact...

#64 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Like I wrote earlier, I'm not closing down the possibility of leaving default at 150% it is just something the team here needs to discuss in better detail before we make a somewhat permanent decision. This decision will incur a lot heavier effects when TKMs enter the game and places like Thors are available. The time balance between those that Thored vs those that grinded will only be further expanded by 225% w VIP. From a busines standpoint it is much better to keep players engaged on a character for a longer period of time rather than too easy giving level cap away. I know talking business in a game discussion is distasteful but we do have to be mindful of those effects so we have a Ragnarok to login to years from now rather than short term smiles and then nothing. We want you to be engaged longer, AND be having fun while doing it.

#65 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

My personal take on this, I've already spent a couple hundred in WPE since the classic server start and based on what you decide with this VIP I may be spending a few hundred more or none at all.

VIP: lets be honest, very few people view the kafra stone/larger storage as a deal breaker for VIP. People get VIP for the exp/drop increase, period. Since I have two accounts that means I am going to have to be dropping $20 a month (over two accounts) plus additional $$ I spend on the normal kafra box items. This I would not have a problem with if the rates were set at 225% as VIP because it would give me that extra incentive. But if you think that I am going to pay an additional $20 a month for the privilege to play at the rates that I have been playing at since server start (lets be honest, with the limited maps, its really not that fast) then you are off your rocker. If you reduce default rates to 1x and 1.5xVIP on Tuesday I promise you, you will not see another dime from me. I want to feel like I am getting that competitive edge by investing in WPE, not feel like I am getting money gauged for the right to play a game that I enjoy. I am willing to bet that I am not the only person who spends money on this game with this sentiment. The GM brain trust needs to think long and hard about this one. This whole VIP move could make you lose out on a lot of money in the long run.

If you are worried about people leveling too fast with TKM then release trans and delay the release of the TKM.

#66 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

anyone knows who the vip exp will work out in parties? like would the vip exp off of a monster split between lets say a 2 person party when only one person has vip? or would only the person with vip get the bonus exp?

it's the same if you use a battle manual. The other guys in party dont get this exp bonus except they use bm/vip too. This system works very well on fRO

#67 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Like I wrote earlier, I'm not closing down the possibility of leaving default at 150% it is just something the team here needs to discuss in better detail before we make a somewhat permanent decision. This decision will incur a lot heavier effects when TKMs enter the game and places like Thors are available. The time balance between those that Thored vs those that grinded will only be further expanded by 225% w VIP. From a busines standpoint it is much better to keep players engaged on a character for a longer period of time rather than too easy giving level cap away. I know talking business in a game discussion is distasteful but we do have to be mindful of those effects so we have a Ragnarok to login to years from now rather than short term smiles and then nothing. We want you to be engaged longer, AND be having fun while doing it.

I don't mind and actually appreciate you bringing up the business point of view. I understand that limited content is a significant issue in the long term, but is it a permanent one? Are you guys just delaying the inevitable and expecting us to just grind for as long as possible? I feel like that was the original idea behind kRO and early Gravity. I think pvp is probably going to be Classic's saving grace. I was pretty disappointed that the only time, that I can recall, a town became pvp was when I was too noob to participate. Why not do events like that? Or ones that get people more involved in GD?
What limits are there to deal with around pvp and WoE?

#68 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Heim can't you always scale the thors, Galions ,and Skegs exp down so it doesn't get boosted by the 150% server rates? Like have it stay the same boosts they would have on normal 100% rates? Gallions would become around 6-7k , Kasa 33k exp, and skegs around 68k exp.

#69 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

I personally more annoyed with -3% exp with death rather than 1x exp. I miss my 1% exp that now can be only applies on idRO P2P server...

#70 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

ehh Heim, there is a bug: the Novice Equip from the beginners merchant is charbound :/

Edited by Humbelum, 25 October 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#71 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

If 225% exp/drops seems too much, why not just make Normal be 1.5x and VIP be 2x?

#72 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

If you were actually worried about the time imbalance caused by the usage of TKMs to leech characters in maps such as Thors, you could reduce the base EXP of Kasa and Salamanders. Surely this thought crossed your mind at least once heim?

Honestly though it just sounds like you are trying too hard to make everyone purchase VIP subscription by reducing base EXP rate of all monsters from 1.5 to 1.x.

#73 bla2x

bla2x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Can you use the VIP service? and is there any free vip for those who bought VIP when it doesn't work?

#74 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

If you leave the base rates at 1.5x, 2.25x for VIP, and don't have exp rates every 2 weeks, then it will be fine for everyone.

The real killer is when you have 2x exp rates every few weeks instead of like, twice a year?

#75 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Seriously, just remove boss properties from Thors monsters. Actually, I would do this with more monsters, leaving boss properties pertaining only to monsters that grants MVP rewards.

From a business standpoint, I think you should understand the needs of your target audience. Classic players are former players from various RO servers, not newbies, some are playing since the beginnings. Some players had hit max level several times, we are not doing this for the first time, we are doing it again. We are engaged on this game for years, we are getting tired. And we don't have unlimited time, nor money, and RO isn't the only game out there, some of us want to play another games too. It's already being hard for us, even at 1.5x rates.

A VIP account grants access to more slots, with a increased EXP rates players are more likely to have secondary chars, increasing BM and equipment sales, and more VIP time. Otherwise, players are more likely to quit.

In the whole game industry, the MMO branch is already the most unethical one, I don't think they need any contribution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users