4 replies to this topic

#1 soojinisme

soojinisme

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

i can't seem to figure out how the heck to get into orc field or geffen or anything really. i've been searching around the internet for a long time for any sort of information but can't find anything helpful. i know you need a novice set or ragnarok set to get into geffen but i can't get info on THOSE either. some help would be really nice! thanks :)

#2 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Are you playing Ragnarok Online?

Edit : Sorry, I forgot there's RO Content in Dragon saga now.

Edited by VolunteerMod09, 27 October 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#3 soojinisme

soojinisme

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

i'm playing dragon saga yeah ^^;; still need help

#4 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

you get the novice set from the quest starting at the npc next to the portal. any of the RO sets can also be used as long as it has the set effect that gives something like dimensional release or something is in effect.

#5 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Around level 20 you'll get the quest to go to Geffen town, and a Kafra in Port of Winds will give you a Novice set to get you started.

You have to wear a Ragnarok costume to move effectively in Rune-Midgard (you can hide the costume's appearance by unchecking the pieces in your character info), or else "dimensional resistance" (read: Ragnarok's infamous lag) will make you move really slowly and be unable to dash or jump (a significant disadvantage.)

Each costume gives this "Release Dimensional Resistance" bonus as a set bonus, but how many pieces you need depends on the set. Generally, the better the set, the more likely you need all of the pieces to operate at full speed (such as the Rune Knight and Valkyrie sets.)

As soon as you're able to enter Geffen you can do the Orc Fields, which will scale to the level of your party leader (or at least average out your party levels.) Therefore, it's best if the party leader is level 20 and everyone else is like 40~60; this doesn't affect your items any that I can see.

At level 40, you can go to Glast Heim if you give the Priestess Blue Gemstones (in Ragnarok, as an Acolyte, you consume 1 Blue Gemstone every time you cast Warp Portal.) You can get the Valkyrie set here - a level 45, a level 55, and a level 65 version.

The Valkyrie set you get will be locked to your class, but you can dismantle them into Elunium (used to refine but not create armor in Ragnarok) and give the Elunium to someone else to make into Valkyrie gear for their own class.

In Ragnarok itself, Valkyrie gear is high-end equipment obtained through War of Emperium, a really grand and chaotic version of guild vs. guild held once or twice a week for a couple of hours at a time. The Emperium is the crystal signifying the guild itself, as you need one Emperium item to make a guild in the first place. During WoE, the Emperium will appear as a mob in your castle and you must protect it from the enemy while also trying to break their Emperium. If they break your Emperium, they seize your castle (but your guild still exists, you just lose the castle.)

Keeping the castle gives you many benefits such as raiding an occasionally restocking treasure chest room, access to special dungeons with high-end drops available only to the controlling guild, and a very difficult dungeon gauntlet to try to get high-end gear referred to as "god items" by the player base.

Ragnarok Online has predetermined appearances from the neck down for all classes, as the characters are sprites, not models, but they can wear whatever headgear they want, so headgear is usually not part of a Ragnarok set in Dragon Saga. The High Priestess set has ribbons because a lot of would-be kawaii priestess players wore cute ribbons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users