10/30 War of The Worlds Radio Day - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/30 War of The Worlds Radio Day

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

On this night in 1938 Orson Welles and his radio company made the fateful broadcast adaptation of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds, provoking some listeners who tuned in late to believe that there was an actual invasion of earth taking place.

Listen to the whole shmeer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g

On to the patch notes!

'Bloody' Boxter

Mystical Amplification scrolls, Autumn Leaves and costume corsair are added to list

'Gross out' Gramps

70-100 -Antique Firelock & Zombie Prisoner
101-125 -Ancient Mummy & Zombie Slaughter
126-150 -Necromancer and Incarnation of Morroc

'boogah booga' Bug fixes
-18810 - Hell_Pumpkin_Hat "Shadowmancer's Helm" set to NPC sell
-Shadow chaser Feint Bomb ability will be temporarily disabled from all maps until a fix is received for hide exploit, some testing going on for this, if we can get fixes on our side up it will change whether this needs to be disabled totally or not.
-Players will be able to properly re-enter the Halloween instance if they are prematurely kicked out.

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

-Shadow chaser Feint Bomb ability will be temporarily disabled from all maps until a fix is received for hide exploit

+1

How long will RWC Enchanter be staying for?

#3 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Which incarnation's do we have?

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Should be the Human one.

#5 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Nothing about the aboslutely low proc rate of the hat?

#6 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

That human incarnation is kinda pervy lol

#7 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

hmm.. 400 Necro+human Incarnation + banshee (assuming last few weeks setups) is gonna hurt like crazy specially the different debuffs and ailments ouch. Hopefully the EXP should be good.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Nothing about the aboslutely low proc rate of the hat?

Please get me ticket numbers with information on what server you are on, what character was using the hat, and what you are fighting to get a low proc rate.

#9 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

my grandpa used to tell me about this war of the world incident..:)

btw, when will the GH Spotlight end ?

#10 Davidwinds

Davidwinds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Oda,
The RK's HBP sprite is terrible when they are on dragons.
Pls fix it!
And perfect this game!
Thx for ur attention!

#11 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Please get me ticket numbers with information on what server you are on, what character was using the hat, and what you are fighting to get a low proc rate.

How about you read these instead:
http://forums.warppo...owmancers-helm/
http://forums.warppo...ncers-helm-wtf/

399-1819C9C1-B735
I didn't give the detailed information of my testing, but I never got a reply on that one so I won't bother to send another one.

Edited by xFireize, 30 October 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#12 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

On this night in 1938 Orson Welles and his radio company made the fateful broadcast adaptation of H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds, provoking some listeners who tuned in late to believe that there was an actual invasion of earth taking place.

Listen to the whole shmeer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g

On to the patch notes!

'Bloody' Boxter

Mystical Amplification scrolls, Autumn Leaves and costume corsair are added to list

'Gross out' Gramps

70-100 -Antique Firelock & Zombie Prisoner
101-125 -Ancient Mummy & Ragged Zombie
126-150 -Necromancer and Incarnation of Morroc

'boogah booga' Bug fixes
-18810 - Hell_Pumpkin_Hat "Shadowmancer's Helm" set to NPC sell
-Shadow chaser Feint Bomb ability will be temporarily disabled from all maps until a fix is received for hide exploit

Antique Firelock doesnt show up on db.irowiki.org/db Is it firelock soldier?
Why the hell would u disable Feint Bomb? just disable bwing inside castle. Can always relog.
SC is not an attacking class. Taking away any skill from it means ur taking away its chance of survival. As for ppl abusing the skill, they are getting reported AFAIK.

if u wanna do something just punish ppl who exploit bugs by de-leveling them to lvl 99 base and 1 job 3rd class. Low lvl sc usually dont get feint bomb 1st. Banning ppl doesnt do sh!t. Just make them go through the whole process of lvling the char only for abusing a skill once.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

How about you read these instead:
http://forums.warppo...owmancers-helm/
http://forums.warppo...ncers-helm-wtf/

399-1819C9C1-B735
I didn't give the detailed information of my testing, but I never got a reply on that one so I won't bother to send another one.

I saw a reply to that ticket sent out on the 27th, did you receive it? Wondering if it ended up in a junk or spam mail folder.

#14 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Are you guys going to fix the Halloween Quest so we don't loose EXP for getting killed during the Geffen Town part?

#15 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Feint bomb needs to be disabled until a fix is found. Bug abusers are the reason why we can't have nice things, blame them.

#16 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Feint bomb needs to be disabled until a fix is found. Bug abusers are the reason why we can't have nice things, blame them.

yes but can the GM team give assurance that kRO will provide them with bug fix ASAP and that it is a priority.
im sure that the guilty are and will be punished.
Seriously someday take ur SC out for lvling and u will know how pvm is like. Yet ppl go through all this hard work only for pvp or woe and if u start disabling skills its a bummer. How many SC are playing on valk? not more than 40 or 50? how many woe? not more than 15 or 20? Im in pvp everyday and past month i have not seen more than 15 (different) SC's.

Humble request put a nerf on b wing rather than Feint bomb. Can always relog.

#17 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

It would also be really nice if they would fix things so that the stats showed correctly depending on the Head Gear or RWC accessories, for instance, instead of only adjusting the part of the stats & us always having to "trust" that the item is working right. Seeing the full stats helps to compare items to one another so, at least for me, I know which one is better for me to use. As far as I've been able to tell any Gear that has a percentage bonus doesn't appear in the stats. Only the "Plus" a certain amount of points work correctly.

I've sent in tickets on items before & all I get is the standard "item is working properly" comment but no one will actually do anything physically to fix the "issue". I finally stopped sending in tickets since nothing is ever done & new items keep coming out the same way.

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

the problem with nerfing bwing is that youd have to nerf all bwings...

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

We have been working on internal solutions as well as reporting the issue to kRO, but suspensions do not prevent other people from attempting to exploit the issue themselves. Like with the homunculus skill bugs from a while back, when the situation gets serious enough we must take steps to prevent it's use. The issue with disabling a skill or item within a castle is when that the exploit can be done outside of those areas.

#20 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

We have been working on internal solutions as well as reporting the issue to kRO, but suspensions do not prevent other people from attempting to exploit the issue themselves. Like with the homunculus skill bugs from a while back, when the situation gets serious enough we must take steps to prevent it's use. The issue with disabling a skill or item within a castle is when that the exploit can be done outside of those areas.

exactly cos ur punishment involves banning ppl. send in a ticket after few days and ur account get unlocked mostly.
that's y ppl never stopped botting, abusing bugs or harassing ppl cos ur punishment isnt strong enough.

Trust me as a punishment de-level chars to 99/1 third class or lvl 1 trans and delete the non trans chars.
having lvl'ed a char and not being able to use it is the most annoying punishment but having to lvl something again is the worst.
Its like having a box full of candy u love but u cant eat it cos u have diabetes.

Edited by shOrtzy, 30 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#21 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I saw a reply to that ticket sent out on the 27th, did you receive it? Wondering if it ended up in a junk or spam mail folder.

Ah you're right, I found it. Sorry about that.

But yeah I posted a few testing reports on the feedback threads. I tested it on my ninja (who spams blaze shield) and AGI RK (193 aspd).

Bump!

I've been testing it some more with my lv 126 Agi RK on Raydrics in Ymir server. I have 193 ASPD and high flee; so I am assuming my "trick or treat?" that procs through auto-attacking procs more often than the one that is triggered by being attacked. I am using Violet Fear that has 3% to cast meteor storm, and so far my meteor storm procs way more often than the "trick or treat?".

Now that I think of it, does auto-attack even trigger the heal/drain? Could it be the "trick or treat"'s that I've gotten so far on my testing were triggered by only being attacked?

This is what the website says:
"Has a random chance of healing or taking away HP and restoring or taking away SP while attacking and being attacked."

Tested the hat using my ninja, comparing its proc rate with Isilla card on my mid headgear. Isilla card proc way more than the hat. It doesn't look like 5% vs 3%.

According to my tests, no. But it's a bit hard to get the results since there are 4 auto-casts going on. Here is what I got so far.

On dealing physical damage, procs HP heal/drain. Either the chance is none or ~0.3%. Definitely not 3%.
On dealing magic damage, procs SP heal/drain. Approximately 0.3%.
On receiving physical damage, procs HP heal/drain. I think this one is working properly, 3%. Further testing is needed tho. This is the actual main source of the HP heal/drain, at the moment. When I dive in into a mob, the hat procs often.
On receiving magical damage, procs SP heal/drain. I haven't tested this since monsters don't do magic damage constantly.

Can we move this thread to the Bugs Reporting sub-forums or do I need to create another thread there?

#22 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

the problem with nerfing bwing is that youd have to nerf all bwings...

all bwings are the same lol just gotta disable their use inside castle.

#23 shOrtzy

shOrtzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Solution: im not exactly sure how the bug works cos i haven't used it but using B-wing when in feint bomb hide should cause player to disconnect??

#24 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

It really sucks that Feint Bomb is having to get disabled. I keep hearing how kRO won't do anything to fix the bug, which has given me an idea with RWC coming up. Why not just have one of the Shadow Chasers on the team bug out the skill and wreak havoc on the other teams. I'll bet kRO would come up with a fix the following week.

Anyway, I would care more, but my connection has been so terrible lately, that I can't even play RO. I mean seriously, I play games like BATTLEFIELD FRICKIN 3 just fine, but with RO, it's like I'm playing on dial-up! > :(

#25 falshion1

falshion1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Will Boxter be giving out the new lucky box instead of the (bad) fall packs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users