A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 4 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#76 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

hey,
the stats look alright to me. since you have 60 luck i assume you want to be a crit build?
if that's the case you should get a veteran hammer and card it with skeleton soldier cards. that's the best choice for builds that don't get a whole lot of crit from other equipment. which doesn't seem the case for you. a veteran hammer should be affordable.
if you don't want to be a critical build you have too much luck.

for accessories get bison horn, bradium brooch or brooch and card it with kobold card (for extra crit) or with kukre (if you don't want to be a crit build).

card shoes with matyr rather than verit for that +1 extra agi.

other than that i'm afraid i can't really recommend you anything as i don't know whats available on your server and what isnt.
basically get a headgear that somehow improves your damage output.

Edited by Agahim, 28 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#77 tone

tone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Garment card suggestions for a dragon manteau? Crit build.

Can't afford +9 equipments or anything yet, so I was wondering what other options there are.

#78 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Green Maiden Card obviously.. I don't regret that on my HBP. Thanks to Buche De Noel I can get 80+ crit despite my luck is not that high..

#79 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

if you can't get an overupgraded manteau just get something for extra flee (whisper) or damage reduction (raydric).

I won't be there a while to answer questions as i change my internet provider and will be without internet for an unknown amount of time.
happy new year everyone.

#80 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Two weeks after I decided to continue my AB tahadi.com announces that aRO will shut down by the end of january.
I will loose all my chars again...thats so sad :(
Thanks for your advice anyway.

#81 ODarksoulX

ODarksoulX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Two weeks after I decided to continue my AB tahadi.com announces that aRO will shut down by the end of january.

Well then you should join us on iRO.

Edited by ODarksoulX, 04 January 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#82 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationIn a secret garden

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

This thread really helped me a lot. Thank you very much! I hope we see videos of badass crit and str-based battle bishops. :p_hi:

Join the battle bishops of iRO~ :no1:

#83 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Is Mace Mastery worth taking for mace-based battle bishops, or should I invest the skill points somewhere else? If it is worth taking, should I max it or not? :hmm:

#84 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Do it, you have enough skillpoints as battle AB as you don't have to max many support skills. I think everything that maxes damage output helps.

#85 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

So I made the right choice.. Thanks for the advice~ :thx:

#86 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I couldn't resist joining iRO and I'm going for a crit build.
What would your advice be on the lvl 99 priest stats? Go for 99 Agi or save some points there to get more Luk?
I'm 63 atm and mainly pushing Agi (got 30 Dex, 15 Int, 30 Str so far). My Hit is pretty bad so I need to start critting soon.

#87 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

I couldn't resist joining iRO and I'm going for a crit build.
What would your advice be on the lvl 99 priest stats? Go for 99 Agi or save some points there to get more Luk?
I'm 63 atm and mainly pushing Agi (got 30 Dex, 15 Int, 30 Str so far). My Hit is pretty bad so I need to start critting soon.

I think it's better to continue pushing for Agi (since it's our main stat) and have cards/items/equip to improve crit (such as Soldier Skel and Vanberk). However, it's also good to go for Luk since it eats much less stat points than Agi.

P.S. Please make a video of your crit build someday. I want to see one in action~ :rice:

#88 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

when you're playing classic you do not need dex at all for a crit build. so 30 dex seems like a waste to me. crits are alot stronger in classic mechanism since they always hit regardless of your dex or the luck of your enemy, they ignore the enemies defense completely and i'm not entirely sure but i think it's double damage instead of 150%. (could be wrong on that one, though).

no clue why you want int at all. i'd get rid of that aswell. int is alright for renewal since you get enough points to waste and low int is very cheap. on classic i'd value every stat point you get to distribute.

get 99 agi. you need the attack speed and the flee is nice too.

str is alot more useful in classic than it is in renewal. getting good strength actually makes a difference in classic, so maybe get some more str.

as for luck i have no idea how much to get on classic because it mainly depends on how many crit you manage to gather through equipment, and i have no clue what's available on classic, since i'm only playing renewal. basically aim for 100 crit (if that is reachable at all). not more though, since there is no "crit shield" in classic. more than 100 crit would be wasted.

Edited by Agahim, 13 January 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#89 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

@Agahim: I'm on Chaos actually ;D

#90 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

@Agahim: I'm on Chaos actually ;D

all the better. then just refer to my guide on the first page.

i also added a guide for the mace of judgement on the first page for everyone to check out.

Edited by Agahim, 13 January 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#91 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

i also added a guide for the mace of judgement on the first page for everyone to check out.

I never knew Mace of Judgement has two slots. :p_swt: Thanks for the info! By the way, putting Hidden Enchants on the Mace will remove its current cards, right?

#92 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

if by "hidden enchants" you mean enchanting the empowered mace then no: you can have it carded and/or overupgraded and then enchant it and the enchant won't reset your cards or the upgrade level of your mace.

as for the normal version of the mace i think it behaves the same, but aren't 100% certain. so don't quote me on that if you happen to lose your cards after all.

Edited by Agahim, 13 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#93 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm using the Empowered one. Thanks again! By the way, which card would be better for an Autocast build: Lady of Solace or Bloody Knight?

#94 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

that depends. lady solace is alot stronger but requires you to wear a holy elemental armor if you don't plan on killing yourself alot. if you don't mind wearing an affection robe or are wealthy enough for an angelring card then go for lady solace. otherwise bloody knight then, I guess.
If for some reason you don't plan on ever wearing a ring of flame lord then you might consider taking mutant dragonoid as it gives +15 attack next to fireball autocast. RoFL also has fireball autocast that's why you only want to consider dragonoid if you're not wearing a RoFL.

Edited by Agahim, 16 March 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#95 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Oh... I guess I'll be using Bloody Knight then. Thanks for all the help Agahim-sama!

Btw, I also want to share some leveling spots I had as an AB:

Level 100-105: Niffheim 02 (Loli Ruri, Dullahan, Bloody Murderer)
Level 105-120: Glast Heim 1F/2F: (Raydric)
Level 120-130: Odin Shrine 02 (Frus, Skogul), or Cursed Monastery 01 (Banshee, Zombie Slaughter, Ragged Zombie)
Level 130-135: Manuk Field 02 (Bradium Golem, Tatacho, Centipede), or Kamidal Tunnel (Unihorn and Horn Scaraba)
Level 135-147 (current): Scaraba Hall (Antler and Rake Horn Scaraba), or Bifrost 01/02 (Miming, Little Fatum)

I apparently missed Undersea Tunnel 6F, Malaya Fields, and Bangungot Hospital 'cause they're new, but I guess they'll also be good spots for levels 100-110.

#96 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

you're welcome.

thanks for the input, i'll consider everything when writing the last bit of the guide that i really need to finish anytime soon.

#97 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Working to enchant my Emp Judgement, really nice to have fighting spirits there.

Anyone know how Adrenaline Rush affecting shield penalty also? When using bible of promise, I notice it's only down 192 aspd to 190 aspd. I think it won't be hurt to use shield when AR is on. I also use +7 drooping alicel, in 190 aspd it procs high with many hits lol... So 193 aspd with shield on already mocks me... but keep in mind I can get over 190 aspd due to +9 HBP, be mindful if you not over 190 aspd there...

For newer place, only Malaya field 2 that friendly for battle AB. Field 1 has monster that constantly agi down you, hospital need access quest and mobby maps. Byalan 6F not worth your long journey and mvp is there (he can water ball you faraway if you not press tele ASAP and just run from him). On other hand, field 2 has daily Malaya quest drop so you can get nice extra exp for you there if you get the materials. The monsters also cheap, nothing cast hurt magic beside Jejeling. Yeah you won't believe at first that poring with hat is the most annoying with water ball, luckily he's not aggressive...

Edited by Exvee, 13 January 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#98 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Thank you for the share, Exvee-sama!

I usually use Thorny Buckler (with Enchanted Peach Tree) and Bison Horn. With AR, wearing these remove 1 aspd from me (from 192 to 191). I don't know the case for BoP, but I recommend using Thorny Buckler and Bison Horn if you're also using BoP. Some of the advantages are:
  • Shield penalty is reduced due to +10% aspd of the combo.
  • Easier to keep casting Odin's Power of BoP. Just 3 hotkeys (BoP, Odin's Power, then Thorny) vs. BoP hotkey, Odin's Power hotkey, then Alt+Q, then double-click BoP (unless you plan to always wear BoP).
  • Shield reflect procs autocast such as CD, Drooping Alicel buff, and Enchanted Peach Tree's heal
  • If you can afford, you can have different Thorny Bucklers with racial cards. Since I'm poor, I just use one shield w/ Enchanted Peach Tree Card.
  • Additional 85 def, if not upgraded.
  • It's nice to see you char fully-equipped~ :p_hi:

Edited by Reverinn, 13 January 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#99 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:MOTR

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Guys, i playing on russian game server, with Renewal but without Mora yet. Unfortunately, many of advised equip parts are not available for me. And you didn't said anything about Niddhogur's Shadow Garb or Diabolus Robe/Boots/Ring/Manteau. Why? I thinked, Def/HP/Heal percent and ATK/MATK bonuses are useful...

#100 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

all the things you named are alright to wear if you have them and you can't get anything else. the main problem about those things is that they are all extremely expensive and don't really provide any of the stats we really need. they mostly improve your survivability but don't boost your offensive abilities and that's what we want.

if you have those things or can get your hands on them easily i wouldn't have second thoughts about using them but i probably wouldn't save my money to get them.

i think if nidhoggr is available to you, you have new world, which means dragon vest + manteau is also available to you. dragon vest + manteau is alot better to use than diabolus robe or manteau and their matching sets.

Edited by Agahim, 19 January 2013 - 03:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users