A Battle Archbishop Guide - Page 5 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

A Battle Archbishop Guide

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#101 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:MOTR

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Dragon set gives Flee+Agi, Diabolus - Heal+def. My AB is 110 now only and i tried to make build for Dupe Light+Judex+Adoramus and thinking, make Skill reset right now or later ^_^
I mean, not sure what little more atk will give me more abilities than defense.

#102 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

well, if you aim to get adoramus and judex you're not really a battle bishop but maybe a battle-holy caster hybrid. i really don't know about those.
on a sidenote though: the diabolus gear is excellent for full support or holy caster bishops. just not that great for pure melee battle bishops.

#103 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Nidhogg and Diabolus are not that faved and junks by people once Mora update out, so pretty much don't use them for primary equipment i.e you get them +7 or higher or attach some expensive cards inside them. Many gears post-mora that replace those functions.. Diabolus still top on def function, but really you won't get it effective as Priest class are not tank anymore compared to class/pre-renewal counterpart...

#104 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

well, as i said, we don't have mora now. so, Mace of Judgement is a dream ^_^
about Judex-Adoramus - i planning to make skill reset to avoid them (have one free) ^_^
Diabolus equip can be not bad if i going to party as support (and maybe solo if don't have better equip)
btw, Ring of Flame Lord+Ring of Resonance set still useful for me (if i not in too dangerous area and have Ancilla for fast SP recover, isn't it?)

PS. I uses Kasa card In manteau for autocast, pretty useful

Edited by Elfly, 19 January 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#105 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

ring of flame lord + resonance are never really useful for us. main reasons being guillotine fist eating away all your SP and sonic blow breaking your auto-attack and you have to manually retarget.

i'd really wear something else instead of the resonance ring.

#106 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'm currently building a battle acolyte (bishop one day), and I was wondering which build would be the easiest for someone who isn't really used to playing acolyte classes offensively to start with? Like, which one is the best "introductory" build?

#107 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

if you just want to get used to the class go for str/dex build. thats the most simple and basic version and goes along well with a chick hat which is easily optainable. no need to care for magic attack or crit or anything.

once you rebirth build your final build around the items you have or plan to get for your battle bishop.

#108 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationIn a secret garden

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Like Agahim-sama said, the agi-str build is where most of us start with. As an Aco, Priest, HP, we have really limited equip and skills. It's hard to go Autocast type, for example, if you don't have Duple yet. An agi-str build can go well with just Eden Mace.

#109 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

#110 arefi

arefi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

:wah: *phew* I'm almost 90 (High Priest) now and double exp keeps me playing. Since I just started I'm not that good with cash and the market is extremely inflationary.
I got my hands on a Carga Mace but I can't decide which cards to put into it. Crit-Dmg-Increase is too expensive. I can get SS for more Crit-Chance or Zipper Bear/Andre for Atk. I think SS would be okay in order to hit higher monsters. What do you think? (I know I need to be 100 to wear the mace...)

Edited by arefi, 23 January 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#111 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

don't put crit cards in a carga mace. the carga mace is not for criticals, it would be a waste. rather save your money for a veteran hammer, it shouldn't be very expensive anyway. i'd either put andre or skel worker cards in the carga mace. so it'll be a good all purpose weapon.

#112 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Mace of judgement also better because it only differs small atk but have high matk. It also can be enchanted for small bonus..

#113 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Since Cargas are cheap(er), they are usually carded with racial cards, so you'll have different Cargas for different races.

#114 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

i tried to kill Phreeoni today (with str=80, agi=90, vit=40, int=52, dex=40, luk=40) with mitra+5 with Vanberk, RoFL, Wool Scarf+4 with Kasa, Tidal+8 with Green Ferus, Bradium Broch with Kobold, Encyclopedia+7 with two Soldier Skeleton and Valkiria Shield+5 with Flame Skull and empty Diabolus Robe. I know, not too good equip and i got some problems - about 6-7 times i lost too much SP and needed to teleport away to restore it. Once died... when i lost too much HP, i teleported to heal, after 30 seconds i returned back but MvP was killed by someone else. So pity, i waste about 80% of MVPs HP! :( it was my first MvP who i tried to kill solo :((
Nvm, just one unsuccesfull thing more. Question is in next: when i will have int=90, is situation will better with SP? or better to have blue pots/Ancilla? I even thinked to learn and make Ancilla stones and use Ring of Resonance (yes, it can eat full SP but stones are for that. and killing time must decreased enough). i made stat reset to decrease STR and DEX and increase AGI...
later i tried to kill Cornus but still unsuccesfully too. looks like weapon replace is not good for it. but HOW then? Encyclopedia+7 or Veteran Hammer +7 are MOST high refined things which i can use and no more than half of equip items on first page is not available on my server...
Sorry for lot of text, i still with emotions.

#115 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

phreeoni should be beatable for you. mainly you need to increase your damage output. don't use a book. phreeoni is "large" and books only do 50% damage to large monsters. use a mace, it does 100% to large creatures.
a mitra is a pretty crappy headgear for a battle bishop. get something that improves your damage output, or if its available to you, something to reduce MVP damage. on iro abyss helm reduces MVP damage by 10%.
an alice shield would help alot aswell, if you can get your hands on one, somehow. since that's 40% less damage.

getting 90int won't help alot with SP. if you have trouble keeping SP up use recovery items.
Spoiler

here's a pic of my first phreeoni kill. except for an alice shield my equipment was really crappy too. i used a +7 double titan (minorous) carga mace.

#116 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

well, no chance to get hi-refined weapon hi-grade here. And Carga slightly..... expensive. looks like more cheaper weapon, like Veteran Hammer will be more suitable for me. Of course, Abysmal Knight card can be perfect but will try to see more cheap cards.

PS. Uses book coz it gives little more aspd, more crits and much more matk than hammer.
PPS. Looks like i need to reset my skills now, to get Ancilla skill (anyway, uses Judex in rare cases (but uses) as magic AoE skill)

thanks.

#117 Elfly

Elfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Agahim, i saw on screenshot, you kept your Lunakaligo at that time. Did you has base Str>=77? I thinking, keep at 60 (atm, afer reset) or raise to 77 (then will need to make luk=70-77, not 90 in future). What do you think, keep ability to use Lunakaligo with bonuses (food drop, aspd increasing) or forget about it and raise another stats?PS. I used Mitra coz it one of best choices was. From post on first page, our server have just Chick hat.

Edited by Elfly, 24 January 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#118 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

chick hat is so much better than mitra. if you can, get one.

i think i had 80 str. the lunakaligo is alright, but worse than a carga mace. the buff food it drops only gives +2 to a stat, so its not that great.
if you don't plan to get much strength, then don't get it. the lunakaligo is only a low budget weapon that i used back then for the lack of a better weapon.

don't reset skills just for anchilla. you can only have 3 anchillas at a time, which isn't that much help. and sooner or later you should get anchilla anyway, so just wait for it.

use the veteran hammer instead of the book then. the attackspeed bonus and crit doesn't make up for the loss of 50% damage.

Edited by Agahim, 25 January 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#119 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Meh, farm the foods and make overcharge merchant alt. It sells high on npc lol...

#120 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

it does sell somewhat high, but they're also extremely heavy, i think 20 a piece? so you can't carry too much, and farming them for money isn't all that effective.

#121 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Just go to Manuk and hunt for Tatachos and you'll get 10 or more Lunakaligos in no time! :p_hi:

#122 Reverinn

Reverinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I have a question: which weapon card is better in Veteran Hammer (for crit build) - Cecil Damon Card (+aspd, crit can cope with -hit?) or The Paper Card (+crit damage)?

#123 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

cecil demon is pretty bad in general. the little atkspd it does, doesn't really make up for the hit penalty. even if there was no penalty, i'd prefer other cards for a veteran hammer. the paper is the second best card in general for a veteran hammer. best one being aunoe, but it costs a fortune.

2x the paper is 40% more crit damage + backpack luck bonus is 55% more crit damage, and as mentioned before the crit damage bonus applies to the final damage value and doesn't merely serve as an atkstr bonus like racial cards do. so it's really powerful if you have 80+ crit. eats away your sp though.

if your crit isn't all that high, putting in soldier skeleton cards can also be considered.

Edited by Agahim, 27 January 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#124 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Get Snake Head with dropped price :p_smile: :p_smile:

#125 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

what do you mean?

edit: ohhh, boxes with snake head. best news since CD in mouth.

Edited by Agahim, 06 February 2013 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users