Create A New Server That Does Not Have Access To IM - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Create A New Server That Does Not Have Access To IM

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a server where there are no IM items, only what is available in game. It would be interesting to see what the economy would be like and it would be nice to put everyone on an equal footing. :)

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Noone would play on it. Also I think vast majority of people are pushing to merge the current 2 servers into 1. just saying, nice concept though. I just had a short convo with some people in ruins about tings that would be neat to see come back or done to modify the economy.

Make zulie a drop again.
Make food a drop again.
Raise all the NPC costs at higher levels with a scaling. by 200 repairs should cost 90% of the items NPC buy value. and more for uniques.

etc.

#3 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Zulie and food drop would be nice again. Poor people like me that don't buy IM can't make any cash anymore lol.

The idea of making a server without IM "boosts" would be neat. It would make things a little more fair I think. Along with getting rid of buff sets ( a lot of people wouldn't like that though ).

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

It's unforunate for them sure, but buffsets are literally a bug. They'll be removed once they figure out a method to update stats every few seconds without taxing the client/CPU.

#5 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Well if they wouldn't buy IM they wouldn't have money.
They don't update so much due to lack of economy with the minimum players there is.
And if they don't make money, how can they run the game?
I doubt people would stop buying IM by zullie drops and with the huge amount of zullie that there is already, there's no reason for it to drop lol.

I'd join a server without IM in it but I doubt they'll make it cause > IM = money.
Everything's about $$ hun.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Premium Account Server access to a server without IM? So they technically don't lose money, and the players get to have a truly player owned economy. Then again might aswell be pay to play, which they weren't making enough money from so... 2 server, one pay to play, one IM lol

Edited by Feuer, 06 November 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#7 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I think they earn way much more by having two IM ones as it is of now, I still know people that buy IM every day to be more "OP". Actually stacks of jellies and you name it, that makes them gain loads of money and almost everyone are forced to buy IM as it is, I think it might crash if they create a new server without IM because the old players won't have anything to buy, who wouldn't join a new server just to see how it is...

#8 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

It's unforunate for them sure, but buffsets are literally a bug. They'll be removed once they figure out a method to update stats every few seconds without taxing the client/CPU.

They already can do that.

The problem with a pure Item mall free server isn't that no one would play it, quite the opposite. Plenty of people would flock to it, but at the same time Gravity is digging a hole in their wallet because they lose potential income on players who may purchase item mall on Draconis or Leonis.

It's a bad business move sadly, even if it would be interesting.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

As Phish said they can already do that, referring to the buffsets "bug". But that would make 70% of the players quit, and Rose dies.

#10 maxkitu

maxkitu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I come from pristontale and the status of the game is quite the same : not enough people, so P2P isn't an option for who earn it.
As I'm a newcomer, I definitely agree for such a server, but from what I've seen all around the F2P mmo's World, Rose is one of those few games that still work quite perfectly and with an active an cool population.
Just pray that things keep being the way they are and I tell you, you could consider yourself happy !

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

As Phish said they can already do that, referring to the buffsets "bug". But that would make 70% of the players quit, and Rose dies.

Why is this always a defense mechanism for people who don't want something changed.

To hell with buffsets. It makes all classes an omni-class. What's the point in being a raider when you have buffsets on champs that give the same amount of dodge practically. Or being an arti with high acc when you could be a scout and have the same amount of acc with a buffset.

It ruins the character archetypes. And makes the whole point of choosing a class effectively pointless.

Also its not going to make people quit. If anything it'll make people level more characters of different types and builds for different purposes and give a greater variation of players and classes.

I only hope they implement the buffset fix at the same time as the update. Get the big deal out of the way all at once. So new players don't struggle through too much and old players have a new challenge. Tired of the same ROSE for 7 years.

#12 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

So wrong, everyone would LOVE to play it.

BUT, first of all. Are you ok with the point of the server becoming PAY 2 PLAY. Again??
I would love it.

#13 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Why is this always a defense mechanism for people who don't want something changed.

To hell with buffsets. It makes all classes an omni-class. What's the point in being a raider when you have buffsets on champs that give the same amount of dodge practically. Or being an arti with high acc when you could be a scout and have the same amount of acc with a buffset.

It ruins the character archetypes. And makes the whole point of choosing a class effectively pointless.

Also its not going to make people quit. If anything it'll make people level more characters of different types and builds for different purposes and give a greater variation of players and classes.

I only hope they implement the buffset fix at the same time as the update. Get the big deal out of the way all at once. So new players don't struggle through too much and old players have a new challenge. Tired of the same ROSE for 7 years.

That is not true at all. I've never seen a scout or a raider running with 4.3k acc or a champ running with 3.6k dodge. The differences between classes' stats are still there even with buffsets.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

They're really not lol.

#15 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Well Feuer I (really) encourage you to talk to Leonis about this since you seem to have many PM exchanges with him
I would gladly tell him about it myself but he probably wouldn't listen to me ("for a change")

As for this topic:
"Create A New Server That..." Stoooop. No need to read further, 2 servers is already too much. kthxbbtheend.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

To have them removed? That's more of a conversation for the entire staff not a single CM. And I'm not about to perform a conference call just to say "hey guys, it's about time you did this you know". Lol They read these topics FYI, Pretty sure Zurn, Genesis, Leonis and Corvus have all read it at least once.

#17 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

They read these topics FYI, Pretty sure Zurn, Genesis, Leonis and Corvus have all read it at least once.

How did you know D:

Don't think it will happen unless someone makes one heck of a big donation to Gravity on behalf of this and I still don't think it will happen.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I do try to hold casual conversations with the staff Zurn, unfortunately I haven't had time to catch up with you in almost a year haha.

Also I was referring to the fix of buff sets?
The new IM free server is clearly not something Gravity could support atm, which is what my comment of it being more then a pm convo with 1 CM.

So I'm left wondering which part of the convo I replied too was too expensive "makes one heck of a big donation" is lol.

Could you elaborate? Have the staff held a conversation about the buff sets and find it to cost money somehow.

#19 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

If a champ has the same dodge as a raider, the champ is on steroids and the raider has down syndrome. In a case this extreme it wouldn't even be a result of the buffsets themselves, it would be because the champ is decked out in max dodge gear and the raider is using something idiotic like unrefined armor, which means the same thing would apply if buffsets were removed anyway. (A champ isn't going to match a raiders dodge when they have significantly lower base dodge on their armor, no dodge passives, and a -_-ty 15% dodge buff from a cleric, and then switch off to their 'fighting' gear and match the dodge of a raider). I don't mean to derail this topic but Feuer your reasoning is so skewed and exaggerated it's not even realistic anymore.

I do think buffsets should be removed, not because you can alter your stats and differentiate from others (that is the good thing about them), but because they delay the 'group effort' that the game is moving towards, that and the inconvenience of it all. In the Game Arena you can't bring your own buffer in (in pvp modes atleast), so everyone should just buff up fast and head into battle, not take 3 times as long because they are switching gear to buff sets. Also, with changes to buffs themselves ( cleric buff nerf), and passive changes (normal statted gear doesn't apply to passives thus lowering player's stats overall), buffsets are getting weaker and having less of an impact, almost defeating the purpose of using them in the first place.

Anyway, I stated my thoughts on the original post,

I don't mean to derail this topic but, I had a different outlook in the past. I do think buffsets should be removed. Feuer the examples you give are so extreme and skewed to the point where they aren't even true anymore.

If you've ever pokemon buffsets are like EV training. Pokemon have general base stats that will grow in a set ratio, but you can

#20 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

It was a general statement to the thread...
A New Server That Does Not Have Access To IM

You would have to give them a Metric Crap Ton of money to be able to have that opened.

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

That or they learn to test on pegasus lol >.>

@Phish, not all raider get the dual wield dodge buff, and a crit raider ditches some dex + dodge for the build, You can get the same dodge from that raider build [assuming they're using chiv's] with a champ in a dodge set. I didn't say they're fighting appropriately either, I simply stated that at any regard, a champ no matter the circumstances should never be able to match a raiders dodge, even at it's weakest [lvl to lvl comparison]. You're assuming I'm talking about 2 people who are both decked out to the gills for the same stat, which isn't what I meant at all. I understand you think I'm being un-realistic, but you're not viewing it the same way I do is the only reason you think so. Not trying to direct the majority of this reply to you either, it is still in general for the most part.

As for a scout getting 4k acc. I see a scout buff setting in gear like glor for dodge, then switching to an acc set. There are some pieces out there,
the Ikaness backpack with 63 acc + 75 acc.
Head pieces at 200 are 83 acc + 75 acc.
Balanced with 10x-11x acc + acc gem 20&5%.
Lava sets with 45? + 75 acc full set + bonus. 135 + 225 [without bonus set] or 45 +20&5% with gem. [without bonus set]

just those three pieces together give a base scout of 1.6k acc to 2510, that's not using a chest w/ acc gem, gloves shoes mask or buff. If I had to assume a fully decked acc scout could reach the 4k range. same as a dealer. This, essentially, makes them a bourge/arti when fighting another raider/scout. So why bother making a bourge/arti for the acc against a dodge class, when you can get the near [within 90%] same with an acc scout.. ?

I can find the gears and crunch the numbers if you want exact data. but to me, being that close at all, is what makes picking a class nearly pointless in terms of statistic advantage. It only becomes about funding and skill set / weapon you want.

Edited by Feuer, 23 November 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#22 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

To have them removed? That's more of a conversation for the entire staff not a single CM. And I'm not about to perform a conference call just to say "hey guys, it's about time you did this you know". Lol They read these topics FYI, Pretty sure Zurn, Genesis, Leonis and Corvus have all read it at least once.

Well Zurn and Corvus are not developers and Genesis is already against buffsets so Leonis is the only one left we can speak to
(and to me, trying to convince him is sometimes like talking to a wall)

Edited by Niluje, 24 November 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

He's a lot more open then you give him credit for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users