• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#126 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

I wish they would return comet back to it's original damage. TV is kind useless for pvm.

#127 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

I wish Comet and Tetra Vortex damage could scale with level (in comet's case, without another warlock nearby).

#128 Aldwin88

Aldwin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

Whats the "Cookie cutter build" for a wizard/warlock that most people use... moved from classic to renewal and loved my wizard but warlock intrigues me and the more i read aobout them the more i dont want to play one but he is fun 2 play.... Also as a caster type what does Luk bring to the table... does crit help with casters? i am soooo lost with this.... in classic i was just baisclly going 90 dex/luk on my wiz and rest was vit.... any advice/help would be awesome ty ^_^

#129 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

Luk add 1matk for every 3 points, adds some status resistance aswell, i said better prioritize other stats like 120 int/dex some vit and 80+ agi (thats for last) rest in luk, about skills a lot of people differ lol, personally i have all The wl elemental spells, Plus radius and drain life maxed, no tetra and no comet. And i have a lot of fun lol, but thats me :)

#130 Gapja

Gapja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

Luk add 1matk for every 3 points, adds some status resistance aswell, i said better prioritize other stats like 120 int/dex some vit and 80+ agi (thats for last) rest in luk, about skills a lot of people differ lol, personally i have all The wl elemental spells, Plus radius and drain life maxed, no tetra and no comet. And i have a lot of fun lol, but thats me :)

I ever think like you for not tetra and comet. In my opinion WL ultimate spell it very hard to use (In term dmg and casting time). If i compare with ordinary spell ( SE, CR ,CL ,ES) i guess it better than.
We will got more skill point for use other better skill like a freezing spell , Frost mistry

For another Question if i use Thanatos 2hand Staff with hunter fly, rideword Hat, incubus . When i use magical atk. Effect of % hp/sp drain will be calculate by stack for all item or calculate only thanatos staff?

Edited by Gapja, 06 June 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#131 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

In the end of my journey as a warlock, I need some opinions of how should I finish my build. Though I seriously thing about reseting, but then again... 60 skill points are way too much for a lot of classes (nameley and ironically, the most powerful ones), but it's quite underwhelming for a warlock.

So, my skills are something like this:

Crimson Rock 5

Tetra Vortex 5 (Thus, Hell Inferno/Jack Frost/Earth Strain/Chain Lightning 5)

RSB 1

SE 5 / Intensification 5

Recognized Spell 1 (Thus Release 2, White Imprision 1 and Drain Life 1)

Radius 3

I have a free skill point that I don't know how to spend. The options that I contemplate are:

- Drain Life 2 (is it worth getting at level 2?)

- Recognized Spell 2

- Freezing Spell 1 (though according to Sigma, Freezing Spell 0 = Freezing Spell 1, so, probably won't help)

Should I reset and take those 2 points of Radius to get at least Drain Life 4? Should I reset and just ditch all ultimate spells, or at least exchange Tetra Vortex for Comet (for faster clearing of Endless Tower and dealing a bit of damage to Entweihen Crothen) to free 2 points, so I can get Drain Life 5 and Radius 2? Though I actually have some use for Tetra Vortex right now (and I'm leveling another warlock with a Comet Build just in case), all Ideas are appreciatted.

#132 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

I am no prominent Warlock player but my views on your information is as such:

I find that the most single advantagous thing about warlocks are that they have range, and the kind of range that monsters do not see you in their effective vaccinity but you can still fling a Warlock spell with radius 3 without them knowing you are targetting them yet. Therefore I find you reducing radius by a point is abit of a strange bit to me, considering that Warlock spells have either less cast range than their wizard spells or similar.

It is still not worth getting drain life 2, I say minimum is lvl 3 for the bare minimum recovery rate that makes a difference.

Getting level 2 Recog Spell sounds fair and reasonable, I find 60 seconds way too short, majority of the forum people disagree and say 60 seconds is plenty and is too long duration.

#133 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

Also, keeping in line with my posts lately:

My arse is a tetra vortex...

#134 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

In the end of my journey as a warlock, I need some opinions of how should I finish my build. Though I seriously thing about reseting, but then again... 60 skill points are way too much for a lot of classes (nameley and ironically, the most powerful ones), but it's quite underwhelming for a warlock.

So, my skills are something like this:

Crimson Rock 5

Tetra Vortex 5 (Thus, Hell Inferno/Jack Frost/Earth Strain/Chain Lightning 5)

RSB 1

SE 5 / Intensification 5

Recognized Spell 1 (Thus Release 2, White Imprision 1 and Drain Life 1)

Radius 3

I have a free skill point that I don't know how to spend. The options that I contemplate are:

- Drain Life 2 (is it worth getting at level 2?)

- Recognized Spell 2

- Freezing Spell 1 (though according to Sigma, Freezing Spell 0 = Freezing Spell 1, so, probably won't help)

Should I reset and take those 2 points of Radius to get at least Drain Life 4? Should I reset and just ditch all ultimate spells, or at least exchange Tetra Vortex for Comet (for faster clearing of Endless Tower and dealing a bit of damage to Entweihen Crothen) to free 2 points, so I can get Drain Life 5 and Radius 2? Though I actually have some use for Tetra Vortex right now (and I'm leveling another warlock with a Comet Build just in case), all Ideas are appreciatted.

Marty is right, you must abuse of the range of your spells, about recog i will say lvl one is more than enough and this is why i think this:

Recognized spell:Skill re-use Delay: (20 + 30 * Skill Level) seconds.

So basically if you died lets say at 10 seconds after you used recognized you have less cooldown than if you have it to a higher level, plus it does the same than higher lvls. Drain Life can save your life, but if you are doing WOE/PVP with your WL i think DL is not that useful, i saw it more as a pvm skill, so if you are doing pvp or such i say go for a higher level of DL. The real question here is, if you want Tetra for PVM is kind of a stretch call, i dont have it because it use a lot of skill points and i just do PVM, so i find it that for the time im setuping TV i already land 3-4 elemental spells because i stored 3 and precast 1 if i need it, or just spam the spell if you can, i dont know, i think it will depend on your playstyle but personally, from pvm standpoint i dont like TV :/, on the rest of skills we have a very similar setup, only difference will be i maxed out Drain life, i get only one point on hell inferno only because of the burn proc, and i maxed out Frost Misty for stat proc aswell. I also have Freezing spell lvl 3 (or 2 maybe lol, i dont recall, just make the calc xD) to store 3 CR/ES/CL or 5 SD.

#135 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

Let us not forget to mention in PvM, single targetting is the underdog of skills to use when spreadability is more preferred, although OHKO AoE are the norm, Warlocks trade OHKO for further spreadability compared to other classes + most skills either cause a side effect or cause crippling effects which other class skills don't.

I would however get HInferno only because it gives you complete coverage over Holy targets.

#136 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Let us not forget to mention in PvM, single targetting is the underdog of skills to use when spreadability is more preferred, although OHKO AoE are the norm, Warlocks trade OHKO for further spreadability compared to other classes + most skills either cause a side effect or cause crippling effects which other class skills don't.

I would however get HInferno only because it gives you complete coverage over Holy targets.

Thats true, but i dont know about HI, the dmg is not even that good against holy monsters anyway

#137 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:04 PM

I am no prominent Warlock player but my views on your information is as such:

I find that the most single advantagous thing about warlocks are that they have range, and the kind of range that monsters do not see you in their effective vaccinity but you can still fling a Warlock spell with radius 3 without them knowing you are targetting them yet. Therefore I find you reducing radius by a point is abit of a strange bit to me, considering that Warlock spells have either less cast range than their wizard spells or similar.

It is still not worth getting drain life 2, I say minimum is lvl 3 for the bare minimum recovery rate that makes a difference.

Getting level 2 Recog Spell sounds fair and reasonable, I find 60 seconds way too short, majority of the forum people disagree and say 60 seconds is plenty and is too long duration.

That's why I maxed Radius. It's great to kill monters before they see you. But it's also the use that I have for Tetra Vortex. Though it's quite unnefficient, there's a single task that I have it do for me that can't be done by other spells, maybe I'll just ditch it for good in the near future.

Also, keeping in line with my posts lately:

My arse is a tetra vortex...

OK, I'll ditch it.

Marty is right, you must abuse of the range of your spells, about recog i will say lvl one is more than enough and this is why i think this:

Recognized spell:Skill re-use Delay: (20 + 30 * Skill Level) seconds.

So basically if you died lets say at 10 seconds after you used recognized you have less cooldown than if you have it to a higher level, plus it does the same than higher lvls. Drain Life can save your life, but if you are doing WOE/PVP with your WL i think DL is not that useful, i saw it more as a pvm skill, so if you are doing pvp or such i say go for a higher level of DL. The real question here is, if you want Tetra for PVM is kind of a stretch call, i dont have it because it use a lot of skill points and i just do PVM, so i find it that for the time im setuping TV i already land 3-4 elemental spells because i stored 3 and precast 1 if i need it, or just spam the spell if you can, i dont know, i think it will depend on your playstyle but personally, from pvm standpoint i dont like TV :/, on the rest of skills we have a very similar setup, only difference will be i maxed out Drain life, i get only one point on hell inferno only because of the burn proc, and i maxed out Frost Misty for stat proc aswell. I also have Freezing spell lvl 3 (or 2 maybe lol, i dont recall, just make the calc xD) to store 3 CR/ES/CL or 5 SD.

I forgot about that aspect of Recognized Spell. It really bothers me that it ends so abruptly, and I can't reactivate it, specially in some long MVP fights (specially Fenrir, moreso if she casts slow cast on me and is casting comet, and I unadvertedly think that it will be possible to cast RS before she finishes casting, and then, it's too late...), but I forgot that if I die, it's even more time without RS... RS and Intensify should persist even if you die...

Thats true, but i dont know about HI, the dmg is not even that good against holy monsters anyway

HI damage sucks... it should be at least a 5x5 splash dealing triple the damage for it to be worth. The least that they could do is to swap it with Crimson Rock in the skill tree, and in the prerequisites for Comet and TV, so that you could just leave it at level 2 and give those 3 points a good use.

Thank you for your opinions, though I still don't know for sure what to do. XD

#138 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Just saying Insects are the bane of the magic classes............

Proof is GTB and Maya, both are Insects and both noobify magic.

#139 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

mistress gives you free ticket to use magic tho

#140 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

Mistress is a loli insect, how dare you compare loli justice!!

#141 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

I'm thinking of using this point to get Frost Myst 3, but it will increase the debuff chance in 5% only... Still got a point to waste, and a tip for everyone: if you're leveling after your normal sleeptime, NEVER upgrade your status or skills as soon as you level. NEVER. -_- I should've learned the first time.

#142 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

^ I thought you can get unlimited Reset from Mesmerizer in Eden? or was it only below level 150?

----

After reading from page 1 to 6, seems like Warlock players collect a lot of equipments that is dependent on your need and play style.. and also this Mora place. I haven't been there yet!

I also have couple of (noobish) questions for Warlocks out there.

But before that, here's a breakdown of my equips:

Glorious Set (incl. 2 rings + the staff)

+9 TSoD (SP3/SP4 I think)

+7 Skull Cap [1] - no cards yet. What can you suggest? KK or Isilla? or ??

Elven Ears [1] - with a marduk card I think (?)

Rainbow scarf

Orlean's Server and Orlean's Glove

I also have a +6 Staff of Destruction in my Storage. maybe I collected this before I quit playing a year ago. Is +7 enough or higher + is better?

1. I haven't used any reading spellbook before. When releasing, do it consume a book per Release? or do you actually need 1 book and can release all the way?
  2. I also have a +9 TSoD (I forgot the enchant, I think it was SP3/SP4?) and a +7 Skull Cap. Does a +10 TSoD makes a difference to cast time? If yes, I'll buy a +10 with higher enchant and sell this old one.
  3. Do you guys recommend to use the Glorious Set in the Soma Laboratory?.. I have the whole set including the rings.. but I think the FAW outshines the Glorious Muffler.. and the Temporal Boots outshines the Glorious Shoes right? No question asked for the Glorious Staff though.
  4. For the card slot for FAW, Raydric card all the way right? I mean, monsters are stronger now. I tried looking at ragial and saw a +9 FAW with Antique Book Card. Was thinking if I should buy that or go for Raydric instead.

Now, I'm clearly learning all the Renewal stuffs since I just got back. Most of my knowledge in RO is pre-renewal and been vending most of the time my old stuffs. (The market price in Thor drastically changed over a year).

And I'm pretty much confused if I should go with the Skull Cap + TSoD combo or should go with +9 OMBH and Staff of Destruction or Thanatos Staff+ Orlean's Server+Glove. I will keep my Tikbalang Card also and buy that Lich card for the headgear.

Ughh don't get me started with the skills. But I do agree that casting the elemental stones and do the Tetra Vortex is not wise while PvM. I want to explore the game more with my current Warlock. XD

#143 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

Anyway, Ordinary Black Magician Hat all the way for the tops I guess. Will choose either SoD or Thanatos Staff + Orlean's for weapons and shields xD

#144 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Explore together with my Archbishop. Im bored out of my skull most days sitting in Alde.

#145 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

KK for the skull cap, or make a set of skull caps with Tikbalang and Lichtern cards. Red and Yellow are the most important. Blue and Green are optional.

+10 TSOD gives a noticeable reduction in casting time.

OBMH + SoD is the best set for damage, but will leave you shieldless. Depending on your Internet latency it might be better to just use the TSoD with the Skull Cap. BTW, the higher the upgrade, the better. Try to get a Spell Enchanted SoD, and upgrade it to at least +7 (+9 when hammer kicks in). It's nice to have one for when you are on a party.

Raydric all the way. Later you may want to buy a second one for Antique Book, like I just did, but the Raydric one will be better for leveling and solo play.

Did I miss something?

#146 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

I can't find a +9 OMBH as of now. I found a clean one at 50m though, should I get it?

I'm thinking to reset my skills before I start exploring and solo leveling again and to remove Tetra Vortex, meaning no summon stones now.

I want to aoe a lot of monsters with Jack Frost.. xD

But first, buy a +9 FAW with SP18/19 then +10TSoD.

Oh yeah, about my spellbook questions, does it work like an ammo that you need to carry alot in order to release the spells?

#147 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

Don't worry. You only need a book per spell.

50 M is too expensive for an OBMH. I bought mine for 5M each, but it was different times, when people thought that the hat was not working. I think 12-17 M would be a fair price for nowadays. Look at Ragi.al's vend History.

#148 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

supply& demand

#149 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

^ I thought you can get unlimited Reset from Mesmerizer in Eden? or was it only below level 150?

----

After reading from page 1 to 6, seems like Warlock players collect a lot of equipments that is dependent on your need and play style.. and also this Mora place. I haven't been there yet!

I also have couple of (noobish) questions for Warlocks out there.

But before that, here's a breakdown of my equips:

Glorious Set (incl. 2 rings + the staff)

+9 TSoD (SP3/SP4 I think)

+7 Skull Cap [1] - no cards yet. What can you suggest? KK or Isilla? or ??

Elven Ears [1] - with a marduk card I think (?)

Rainbow scarf

Orlean's Server and Orlean's Glove

I also have a +6 Staff of Destruction in my Storage. maybe I collected this before I quit playing a year ago. Is +7 enough or higher + is better?

1. I haven't used any reading spellbook before. When releasing, do it consume a book per Release? or do you actually need 1 book and can release all the way?
  2. I also have a +9 TSoD (I forgot the enchant, I think it was SP3/SP4?) and a +7 Skull Cap. Does a +10 TSoD makes a difference to cast time? If yes, I'll buy a +10 with higher enchant and sell this old one.
  3. Do you guys recommend to use the Glorious Set in the Soma Laboratory?.. I have the whole set including the rings.. but I think the FAW outshines the Glorious Muffler.. and the Temporal Boots outshines the Glorious Shoes right? No question asked for the Glorious Staff though.
  4. For the card slot for FAW, Raydric card all the way right? I mean, monsters are stronger now. I tried looking at ragial and saw a +9 FAW with Antique Book Card. Was thinking if I should buy that or go for Raydric instead.

Now, I'm clearly learning all the Renewal stuffs since I just got back. Most of my knowledge in RO is pre-renewal and been vending most of the time my old stuffs. (The market price in Thor drastically changed over a year).

And I'm pretty much confused if I should go with the Skull Cap + TSoD combo or should go with +9 OMBH and Staff of Destruction or Thanatos Staff+ Orlean's Server+Glove. I will keep my Tikbalang Card also and buy that Lich card for the headgear.

Ughh don't get me started with the skills. But I do agree that casting the elemental stones and do the Tetra Vortex is not wise while PvM. I want to explore the game more with my current Warlock. XD

For the question number 3, no, temporal boots and FAWs are a lot better, i have both too, but even if you will gain a litle boost on your hp and gain some dmg toward demi human as well as reduction, temporal boots+faws will outshine those pretty fast...About staff you are right, you wont hit harder than with an overupgraded GSOD there.

Also dont card your elven ears yet, marduk could be a decent option but, remember that silence chance is reduced by INT, wich i supposed you plan to got higher, as long as you wont fight monsters 15 lvls above yours (wich, why you would want it anyway) over 100 int is the only thing you need, so you dont need marduk (one of the good things being a mage lol).

Also orleans gown is good but shadow spellflow set is better, try to get your hands on one of those, it doesnt matter if is not upgraded to +9, you will have to deal a little bit more with the extra sp consumption and such, but is totally worthy because will free your armor slot and with a good setup WL are good at managing SP (not as good as sorcs but meh).

About hats, i dont know, im kind of in love with my +9 OBMH, i use it to pretty much everything, but on my low lvl WL i tend to use COD to get faster cast, but OBMH is one of the best choices out there

Every other question has been answered before so, good luck xD...

#150 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

I'm keeping an eye for that vendor (the one selling OMBH). Will buy it if I have extra funds in the future. I played many online games now so I understand that law and demand.

@Sawasan, I didn't know about that Silence immunity. That explains why people now doesn't wear Marduk anymore and the card itself is not that pricery compared to pre-renewal. Also, I'm aware of the Shadow Gears, but not fully. I didn't even know that you can get that un-interruption from the Shadow Gear itself. Fancy.

For now, I have my priority list. I think I have all my answers covered, thanks guys!.

Btw, the Wiki for Warlock Guide is outdated. XD

Edited by Raymond325, 06 August 2016 - 05:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users