Refinement cost calculations - Page 2 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Refinement cost calculations

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Opujhum

Opujhum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Lol,you need HD Ores to go to +10.The Enriched Hammer npc stops upgrading your gear at
+9.You then need to talk to the Mighty Hammer npc to attempt to upgrade your gear to +10 and beyond.Imo though,Safe to 10 certs aren't worth it.If I downgrade to +8,(with my luck anyway),it would take me one or two ores every time to get back to +9.Then I try Mighty Hammer again with attempts to +10.+10 certs aren't worth it for me,because the same zeny I can use to buy those is the same money I can use to buy a box of enriched x50 ores.

i know you need HD ore to +10 but with my bad luck....
i had a +9 headgear and here's what happend next

i used (400 E.Elu) + (5 HD ores) + (3 safe+10cert) and yet, my headgear is still +9 because i cant get it to +10.

for the first 2 attempts to +10 that failed, i used 6 or 8 E.Elu to get back to +9, and after that, it went downhill. It just wouldn't get back to +9. I'm not trying to +10 it ever again.

#27 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

i know you need HD ore to +10 but with my bad luck....
i had a +9 headgear and here's what happend next

i used (400 E.Elu) + (5 HD ores) + (3 safe+10cert) and yet, my headgear is still +9 because i cant get it to +10.

for the first 2 attempts to +10 that failed, i used 6 or 8 E.Elu to get back to +9, and after that, it went downhill. It just wouldn't get back to +9. I'm not trying to +10 it ever again.

Omg,400 E. Elus? :p_sick:

I don't even need more than 1 box normally to +9,but wow.You really do have bad luck.

#28 Opujhum

Opujhum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

Omg,400 E. Elus? :p_sick:

I don't even need more than 1 box normally to +9,but wow.You really do have bad luck.

it didn't take me 400 e.elu to +9. i ALREADY had a +9.

i said that i tried to go for +10. and that after the 400 e.elu, i am still at +9.

#29 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

You still needed 400 E. Elu nontheless.Way to much.

#30 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

In the first post we are told E.Ores are 26 KP, was this an event that ended or a discount from a bigger box that i'm not seing, because they are 30 C in the Kafra Shop as i'm looking at them right now

#31 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

In the first post we are told E.Ores are 26 KP, was this an event that ended or a discount from a bigger box that i'm not seing, because they are 30 C in the Kafra Shop as i'm looking at them right now

That's what they were in boxes of 10. They're 19kp each in the 50 boxes we usually get when enriched hammer is in nowadays.

#32 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

That's what they were in boxes of 10. They're 19kp each in the 50 boxes we usually get when enriched hammer is in nowadays.

Ah, so we get the Event NPC and the Discount together, Seems a bit silly that we get the bad price all the rest of the time while the event isn't on and you wouldn't want them anyway. I'd call that a bit of a official scam against people who are only just getting into making over upgraded gear and haven't done research quite frankly :P

#33 itsmo

itsmo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

guys need help should i resets my stats to 99 dex and luk before i upgrade to +7 my valorous carnage katar and how many cets to 7 should i buy??

#34 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

guys need help should i resets my stats to 99 dex and luk before i upgrade to +7 my valorous carnage katar and how many cets to 7 should i buy??

1. No to stat reset, ur dex and luk have zero effect on ur weapon upgrades.
2. I would buy 5-10 weapon certs, depending on how lucky u get.

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Stats do not effect weapon upgrade chance. Nothing effects upgrade chance (except whether you use enriched or normal ores).

Buy the minimum number of certs you might need. Then if you use them up, and it's not +7, you buy certs 1 (if it's +6) or 2 (if it's +5) at a time and try to upgrade. That way you don't buy any certs you don't need.

#36 Ry0ku

Ry0ku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Nice work on this, though I have to say most of this went over my head, its a lot to take in (I haven't done any upgrading since early classic lol) and I'm bad at math >_< ...  But I have to say $10k to go above +12 that's crazy, and the pathetic thing is I'm sure people have payed it!

#37 asd319

asd319

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hey, guys, I dont really know how to do the math here, but I have some ideas. Please feel free to correct or criticize me.

My plan is to get +14 Hunter Bow[1] with BHM card.

Reason why I choose hunter bow:

1) I can get +2 flat aspd and the +50% damage with hunting arrow(same with elvenbow and yes, i know both elven bow and arrow have higher attack than hunterbow and hunting arrow. Nothing comes perfect with a little low cost.) 

2) In addition to that, hunter bow[0] is buyable at vender. So the cost per piece is just 64000z. 

Plan to refine:

Basically get a few +14 hunterbow[0], then make it socket, 20% success rate. 

So my question is "is this cost effective?" 

If a +12 elvenbow has same cost with +14 hunterbow, i am more then willing to take the +14 hunterbow with BHM card. 

#38 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

x.x

When you get to the cost of refining anything to +14, base cost is pretty meaningless. An elven bow is about 10mil, just about the cost of 1 box HD bradium, which if you're lucky will get you +11 maybe +12 lol, it may take many many more as the OP shows

Also, you really only want to slot anything before ever refining it. 

This is a bad idea lol

#39 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hey, guys, I dont really know how to do the math here, but I have some ideas. Please feel free to correct or criticize me.

1) I can get +2 flat aspd and the +50% damage with hunting arrow(same with elvenbow and yes, i know both elven bow and arrow have higher attack than hunterbow and hunting arrow. Nothing comes perfect with a little low cost.) 

2) In addition to that, hunter bow[0] is buyable at vender. So the cost per piece is just 64000z. 

Plan to refine:

If a +12 elvenbow has same cost with +14 hunterbow, i am more then willing to take the +14 hunterbow with BHM card. 

Just imagine buying a ton of NPC Hunterbow then failing a million times getting it to +14

then finally you got it!

then failed at socketing and poof it's gone!

#40 asd319

asd319

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just imagine buying a ton of NPC Hunterbow then failing a million times getting it to +14

then finally you got it!

then failed at socketing and poof it's gone!

This is true. But buying a ton of NPC hunterbow and making all of them into a socketed one, it will cost even more, because the cost of making a socket is 500k zeny.

#41 asd319

asd319

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

x.x

When you get to the cost of refining anything to +14, base cost is pretty meaningless. An elven bow is about 10mil, just about the cost of 1 box HD bradium, which if you're lucky will get you +11 maybe +12 lol, it may take many many more as the OP shows

Also, you really only want to slot anything before ever refining it. 

This is a bad idea lol

So what you are saying is that a +10 elvenbow and +10 have roughly the same cost even though the base cost has a huge different?

#42 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

This is true. But buying a ton of NPC hunterbow and making all of them into a socketed one, it will cost even more, because the cost of making a socket is 500k zeny.

You are right. And that is why I suggest you forget about your plans. It's very hard to get ONE +14 gear. And you're plan is to make a FEW and risk BREAKING them?

I mean, if you have the money to keep breaking hunter bows, then why not just go ahead and buy a +9 Elven Bow and start there. You don;t get a lot of chance to get a +14 gear, and when you do, you keep/sell it. You don't risk breaking it. Unless you are rich. And again if that is the case, then go for Elven Bow(or whatever Bow is better than Elven).

#43 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Plan to refine:

even if you wanted to try that, or had the zeny to do it, that plan will not work......because....socket enchants reset refinements.....so imagine u finally make a +14 hunter bow [0], then socket enchant it and get a success!!, but when you check your bow its back down to +0, lol :heh:

#44 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

even if you wanted to try that, or had the zeny to do it, that plan will not work......because....socket enchants reset refinements.....so imagine u finally make a +14 hunter bow [0], then socket enchant it and get a success!!, but when you check your bow its back down to +0, lol :heh:

LOL! I didn't even think of that. But anyway, this puts an end to his plans.  :heh:

#45 EiyuuDensetsu

EiyuuDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hey, I am a new player and have a couple of questions on this.

Can enriched elu be used together with +7 cert?

What does the cost in the calculator mean?Since it's probability based, is that an expectation value or is it some value with certain confidence level?

I did a simple Monte Carlo simulation on +4 to +7 using cert and it shows for approximately 75% of probability, I can do it with less than 12 cert.

#46 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hey, I am a new player and have a couple of questions on this.

Can enriched elu be used together with +7 cert?

What does the cost in the calculator mean?Since it's probability based, is that an expectation value or is it some value with certain confidence level?

I did a simple Monte Carlo simulation on +4 to +7 using cert and it shows for approximately 75% of probability, I can do it with less than 12 cert.

You cannot use enriched with a cert.

My cost calculator just gives expectation values.

#47 msiajoe

msiajoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

In that case, how much is a +16 Staff of Destruction? I want to buy one :rice:

#48 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

In that case, how much is a +16 Staff of Destruction? I want to buy one :rice:

Uh, well, the average creation cost is about $200,000 worth of HD. $10 of WPE is 150m on a good day, so 300m is $20 and so $200,000 is 10000x that, or 3 trillion zeny...... Still want to buy one?

I do not believe any gear except the dragon helm (which had a special risk free upgrade attempt) has been upgraded past +14 on iRO. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 November 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#49 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Kieri made a +15 mental stick lol, but that's lv3 and a whole different story. +16 lv4 wep will not happen..unless one of the USRC winners feels lucky! XD

#50 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

If i flip a coin, the chance is 50:50 whether I get heads or tails; the chance does not change for the next throw. It is still 50:50. It works the same way with upgrading in RO.

If you don't believe me, I formally invite you to come visit me near boston to play some coin-fliping games for money.

The difference being, if done properly, one can simply flip the coin and land it on the side they want repeatedly if they know how hard to flip it and how fast to make it spin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users