The Rangers Den - or - "An Archers Guide to Being Awesome" - Page 2 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

The Rangers Den - or - "An Archers Guide to Being Awesome"

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#26 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

For the record, I'm adding this all to a massive text file I'm working on, including the BBcode for everything else thats needed. You won't see instant updates but once I've got a section to where I like it..it'll be there.

(I hate the font that gets copied over from Notepad++)

Also, I need more gear suggestions, especially for the ASPD Build. AS Build is rather obvious.

Leveling Spots? I'm talking 1-99, 1-99 Again and finally 100-150. Doesn't need to be a thesis, just need a good run down of where suggested leveling spots/monsters are for each level bracket (10-15 Levels at a shot. i.e :1-10, 10-20, 20-30....)

I've got several places already, I just want other peoples input in-case I'm completely missing a spot to level.

BTW:

Would you guys suggest hosting the images I'm using already or should I just Hotlink and provide credit to whichever site I use? (Most likely Ragial for the item images)

Edited by Lynex, 07 November 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#27 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

What I did: 1-3 porings, 3-18 spores, 18-30ish ant hell eggs with Arrow Shower.
30-40 orcs(rudolf might be required/ pots), then went into OD1 and mobbed and, arrow showered everything until I was like 60-70. When Changed to 2nd job, good place from then on for me was overlook dungeon with wind arrows (40+). Eden board quests 56-70 for the appropriate level gave good exp too when turning in. (40-55 are horrible but give lots of free novice potions).

For arrow shower leveling need higher int/dex, agi is not required if you have access to healing items. If no rudolf/witch pumpkin/funds available, higher agi could be more useful for ctrl clicking/auto attacking when you run out of sp.

Edited by sofico, 07 November 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#28 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Leveling spots:
Einbroch fields (67-85+) - Metalings, Porcellio
Kunlun dungeon 01 (85-100+) - Everything inside

Also, can a +9 mercury riser help much if at all for aspd builds? Or would we need to use the incubus horn/demon mask set to hit 193 aspd with 100 base agi? (with WW set + ancient mimic card and without +10/14 elven bow + beholder master card)

Edited by Xallista, 07 November 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#29 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'd think it would. Same goes for a +7 Alicel Hat.

#30 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Should also add that Focused Arrow Strike is actually a pretty good AOE skill, except you have to learn how to use it. (single line of monsters) I found it very useful when I just turned ranger, mobbing evil nymphs in lvl 3 kunlun, until I got Arrow Storm.

#31 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

For trap rangers, leveling in the Kamidal Tunnel map (one before Scaraba Hall) is good for 115-125 ish. And then after that Scaraba Hall for the rest of your days.

#32 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Why can't I format this damn thread with CSS? Arrrrgh.

I'm going to assume that 1-99 Hunter is going to be super simple and we should mainly focus on Sniper/Ranger leveling, no?

Edited by Lynex, 08 November 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#33 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Pretty much every Hunter will be a basic AGI/DEX build, so they could go anywhere they please, provided that they can flee the monsters in the area fairly well. Since silver and fire arrows are readily available, undeads or earth property monsters are probably the preferred choice. Anyway, yeah - I'm sure anyone can look up the database himself or herself to determine where to level next.

#34 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Problem with the database is that it does not include exp boosted areas like Kunlun Dungeon and pretty much the entire Einbroch region (minus mine dungeon lvl 2).

I had a hunter with agi/dex build and then a sniper with int/dex build. Both builds are capable of leveling in both regions, although my sniper build required more control due to the lack of flee. Even on my agi/dex hunter I was killing stuff in kunlun using double strafe and maybe even ankle snare when I have to time to set up. Keep in mind that you are essentially getting x3 exp per mob in kunlun dungeon, plus the luxury of having it right outside of town, so you can just butterfly wing back when things get bad (out of sp, almost dying etc), heal up, and walk right into the dungeon again.

For einbroch fields (roughly x2 exp), metalings/porcellios are passive and comes in large quantities. Porcellio in particular can help trans classes grind for more job exp since it has a rough ratio of 1exp:2jexp, and the exp is not bad by any means. This makes einbroch a much better place to grind compared places like Turtle Dungeon (higher hp mobs that give lesser exp).

Edited by Xallista, 08 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#35 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

http://www.healplz.com/exp/

At least lets you adjust XP for HE or regular BMs.

#36 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

It may not look like it, but I'm still working on this thing! Just not on the forums.

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

If you're unsure of something, feel free to PM me or Pres. it is better to gain more knowledge about Rangers than posting too fast and looking clueless about what you just posted.

#38 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Also keep in mind that there is a future update on kRO that buffs Camouflage. It'll make it so people cannot single target you in PvP/WoE. AoE's will still hit you, but it's not like a Sura can directly GoH you from a distance without revealing you first anymore lol...

#39 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

So it's gonna be like Cloaking then except they can actually see you?

#40 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

well actually i don´t wanted to show my build cause its so special XD but well im quitting RO for a while (too much wok) so maybe this help somene.....
First of all i dont own all the equipment AND its a RICH-BOY equipment if someone want to make it....
ok i put the the 2 sides of my build that is PVP/WOE and MVP

MVP:
Stats

STR - 1
AGI - 90 (yes no even 100)
INT - 40
VIT - 100
DEX - 90
LUK - 90

it is pretty standar cause the status its good for almost everything now the equipment....

UP head - Abysmal Knight Helm (marduk card)
Mid - any sotted (AA card not SP sufering with this one :3)
Low - DISC(realy improve your DPS)

Armor - well you can use either a elemental armor but i preffer valky armor with elemental cards..(becuase its indestructible)

Weapon - +14~15 Quad Straight Shooting Compo Bow (really easy to refine not to mention the 8 ASPD points AND I KNOW IT HAVE A PRETTY LOW ATK buti discovered that the warg hits at least 4~5k)

Garment - well im in the beginig using HBP+9 of course but the ASPD you get with the bow its more than enought so now im using ASPRIKA and really the magic atacks of the mvp gonna be lowered with your armor and with this garment its normal atks would be like nothing....

Shoes - here you got 2 options VARIANT or SHACKLEs the shacks are obviously +9 and in combo to compesate the lack of ATK

ACCES - if using shack you gonna use thanatos ball xD and maybe glorus ring if not you have many options here personally i was using 2 glorius rings (with this 2 rings i hit 193 aspd) OR you can use to IFRIT rings to hit more DPS

Well you can see its a low-atk build BUT i realized that if instead of hitting hard and diying all the time i can hit less strong and survive better
i tell you guys with this build i RARELY get killed by mvp...not even niddhog that was my nemesis xD

obviosly you gonna need some items like:
enrich celemine, guarana candy, LUK FOOD, if can VIT FOOD even DEX but its too much zenny xD,awake pot,VIP BUFFS(if not at least foods +5 on LUK,DEX and VIT)

Now the interesent part of this build PVP/WOE...

the stats are almost the same

but the equipment not:

UP head - +9 morroc doll (marduk card but you can use really wherever you want)
Mid - sloted gear (maya purple)
mid - DISC

Armor - +9 Woe Suit(i use a GR woe suit but i know its price so using marc or even peco its OK)

Weapon - same

Garment - same

Shoes - Variant

Acces - in here i suggest to use 2 cursed hands AND with the time go for 2 KBC....2 glorius wings are still pretty useful

Now the point of the build:
HIT like crazy
DON´T DIE
DON´t LET the other guy get healed

ok here is the thing wiht ths build you gonna be in 193 ASPD (watch out for dispell) so your attacs gonna be crazy the warg gonna hit just the NECESSARY AND the morroc doll and the cursed hands its gonna NERF the healing of the rival so against tanks this build its extremely good....i killed like almost everything with this :D
the other point of the build its that with this equips you gonna survive more than better the woe suit+asprika+KBCs...god its so magics xD and i you use GR only HIGH-GEARED SURAS gonna kill you "fast" its more now strategie than who hits first....

Items: almost the same FOODS+20(VIT,LUK,AGI(if need a little more ASPD) enrich celemine, guarana candy, increase HP pot,if can military rations B and anything that gives HIT (needed to put the C.Wounds).

well i say once more i use this build but some friend lends me some things...(almost everything xD)
If you are experienced you gonna notice that the MAGIC ATTACS are gonna be your killers....but i realized that this is a game in where be GOD would be so BOOOORING so let gve the warlocks and the sorcers kills you but anyway if you hit then firts good luck casting mage friend so like i say now its more a tactic game than a western show xD

SOOOOO SRY for my bad english WISH this help some one AND everything Building critical would be awesome and take it in consideraton well jaja cya around xD

Edited by Gabohollow, 02 December 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#41 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I would so love to see how you do in PVP. I hope I get to see that before you quit.

#42 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Any updates:3? Especially interested in Horlick mvping~

#43 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

There is a pure auto warg MVP build that is quite popular.

Stats -

Agi - 120
Luk - 108
Dex - 106

Limitations

This build is highly tactics/gear dependant. The argument against this build is its low survivability due to no vit. A good party that uses pneuma intelligently will save your life most of the times. Also the judicious use of fly wings will let you solo MVPs on field maps.

Damage output

As I stated earlier, this build is highly gear dependant. Better the gears you have, higher your dps. If you have access to MVP cards such as Memory of thanatos or samurai spectre, it is quite possible to do 100-150k damage per second, even on ghost MVPs.

#44 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Is the 108 luk standard for all auto wargers? It seems like people are using ancient mimic cards effect as a standard to how much luk they would get to be an auto warger. You don't really need 108 luk to be one. You can still be auto warg and not have that much luk. It basically depends on your play style as an auto warger. You can still invest in Vit and not be too squishy and still be an auto warger if you tweak your stuff properly.

#45 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Like I said, lack of vit is an argument against this build. To be honest, it all comes down to your playstyle. If it was possible, I would prefer more luk. Reason? For an autowarger, high percentage of its damage comes from it's warg strikes. Basically, luk = dps.

I don't see Handersen in this thread. But if u see him MVPing on his ranger, you'll understand my preference for more luk. My friend Handersen has 114 luk on his ranger and his dps is one of the craziest I've ever seen.

Edited by nixophilic88, 12 April 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#46 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

lol. I have less than 100 luk and I MVP just fine.

#47 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

For leveling with turn-ins, I followed a build that relies on casting Arrow Storm quickly.

Stats-

Dex - 115
Int - 99
Vit - 95
Luk - 81

All these stats were base stats. No need to follow the exact build. You can customize however you like it.
Int was added to take advantage of Arrow Storm cast being fully variable. Luk for additional arrow storm damage.

At 150/50, with Improve concentration, falcon eyes and blessing from AB, my cast time was only 10% of original. With suffragium, it went under 5% [0.2 sec].

Edited by nixophilic88, 12 April 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#48 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

lol. I have less than 100 luk and I MVP just fine.

I understand you are good at what you do. But I guess, we all follow our own paths. For me, higher DPS is preferred during MVP. Crits + more Warg Strikes + CD + ROFL means I can finish much faster than others.

#49 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm just wondering why get 108 luk. It seems like when it comes to times when someone asks for autowarg, everyone suggests to get that much luk. I know it's for ancient mimic card but I find that the use of ancient mimic card is only for those people who are having a hard time getting a high aspd. You should focus more in putting a card that would give you resistance when it comes to putting a card in your Armor. As for the warg proc, you can still be effective even without having over 100 luk. Rangers need to focus more on being effective and having more survivability at the same time because they don't wear a shield unless they are the type of ranger that wears a dagger. You are right. Everyone has a different playstyle which is why I never give exact numbers when advising stats. I tell people the important factors that they need to know and based from that they decide on what would suit them the most. It's the same thing for arrow storm builds. It won't hurt an arrow storm build to get Agi and reduce your other stats. Your arrow storm will still be the same unless you use a better gear. The only thing that will be affected by your stats is your cast time.

As much as cd and rofl is fun to use I won't recommend it on a ranger

#50 nixophilic88

nixophilic88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Oh, you are talking multiples of 18. Personally, I use stat foods now, instead of ancient mimic card. Yet, I've given multiple of 18 for the benefit of people with low zeny. Secondly, I've played with less luk but I wasn't completely satisfied.

Btw, I would like to know what crit do you reach during MVPing. I use ROFL for 10 extra crit gained through fury..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users