The Rangers Den - or - "An Archers Guide to Being Awesome" - Page 5 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

The Rangers Den - or - "An Archers Guide to Being Awesome"

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#101 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:11 AM

Question: What is better for bakonawa, Elven bow or Dragon wing? Also, is there a difference between say wind arrow and arrow using wind converter?

1. Elven Bow
  2. Yes, if you use Elven Bow, you need to use Elven Arrow for the 50% increased damage; hence why using a wind converter on an Elven Arrow would give maximum damage.

#102 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

Question. Why do people tend to go with 100 intellect? on a arrow shower build? Why the need for any intellect at all?

Can't you better spend those points on str and push dmg forwards? and for mana regen just push a undead knight f card. Arrow shower level 10 costs 44 sp, 60 sp more from bxb +12. that's only like 104 sp. Get a +8 garment of any kind with that card in it = 24 sp regen on each monster you kill. Killing 5 monsters to completely nullify your mana consumption ( you even regen some ) isn't that hard to realize.

So you basically lose 1 garment card slot but gain 100 stat points. 

#103 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

Because white wing set tottally have a slot.

INT gives more damage than STR when using Autumn Headband. STR with the intent of damage is for woe focused builds.

80~100 int, paired with AA with 77 luk, gives you a sp regen good enough to rarelly ever use SP suplies.

INT reduces cast time as well,

#104 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Because white wing set tottally have a slot.

INT gives more damage than STR when using Autumn Headband. STR with the intent of damage is for woe focused builds.

80~100 int, paired with AA with 77 luk, gives you a sp regen good enough to rarelly ever use SP suplies.

INT reduces cast time as well,

Ah thanks, also what's AA?

#105 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

Arc Angeling

#106 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

Arc Angeling

Thanks mate.

#107 1367651455

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

Is it necessary to reach job 70 in Sniper before change to Ranger?

Since the Sniper skills are useless and we lose the bonus stat after change to Ranger right?

#108 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

If you feel that the sniper skills are useless, then feel free to job change before 70.

Yes you will lose the bonus stats after changing to ranger.

#109 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

If you feel that the sniper skills are useless, then feel free to job change before 70.

Yes you will lose the bonus stats after changing to ranger.

If he means the job bonus stats, then yes, if he means additional stat points then no :X

And trust me, if you plan to go all the way with this character, just job 70 :X

And Sniper skills are far from useless.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 April 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#110 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

If he means the job bonus stats, then yes, if he means additional stat points then no :X

And trust me, if you plan to go all the way with this character, just job 70 :X

And Sniper skills are far from useless.

Would you happen to have a Skill Build progression for a Sniper to Ranger where one may not have to reset the Skills?

#111 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

Would you happen to have a Skill Build progression for a Sniper to Ranger where one may not have to reset the Skills?

The one I am using covers it nicely, well the one on my eventual replacement Ranger.

Issue is, can't do much about giving you the info w/o access to my PC, because I will be damned if I spend more time on this -_-ty notebook :X

#112 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

The one I am using covers it nicely, well the one on my eventual replacement Ranger.

Issue is, can't do much about giving you the info w/o access to my PC, because I will be damned if I spend more time on this -_-ty notebook :X

Would you happen to remember at least if it had Blitz Beat at any level or maxed out Focused Arrow Strike?

#113 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

Would you happen to remember at least if it had Blitz Beat at any level or maxed out Focused Arrow Strike?

Just my 2 cents:

You'll have a warg once you become a ranger, and while you can certainly retain or call back your falcon, in general warg would be a better choice. So usually I'll skill reset before hitting lv 100 and remove blitz beat and get trap skills instead.

Focus Arrow Strike is pretty hard to use and it has a long cast time. So I wouldn't get it.

Edited by DeadIntern, 11 April 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#114 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

Just my 2 cents:

You'll have a warg once you become a ranger, and while you can certainly retain or call back your falcon, in general warg would be a better choice. So usually I'll skill reset before hitting lv 100 and remove blitz beat and get trap skills instead.

Focus Arrow Strike is pretty hard to use and it has a long cast time. So I wouldn't get it.

Warg would be better overall, but always cover your ass by using additional points to beef up Falcon, one day it could actually be of some use again, and at 50/70 job levels, you have extra points.

#115 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, I tried using blitz beat for Bako Nest instance before. Its good but its very troublesome to keep swapping

#116 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:05 AM

Warg would be better overall, but always cover your ass by using additional points to beef up Falcon, one day it could actually be of some use again, and at 50/70 job levels, you have extra points.

Hmm.. so bird skills or traps.

Are there even hints of bird skills being improved?

Yeah, I tried using blitz beat for Bako Nest instance before. Its good but its very troublesome to keep swapping

Yeah, that's the main issue i am having.

So wait, Blitz Beat has actual use later on? Why would Blitz Beat be good/better for the Bako Nest? I'm a noob so I'd appreciate some explanation.

#117 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

There's an instance called Bakonawa Extermination where you can kill Bakonawa MVP. He would be stationary in a middle of a lake and a ranger can attack him from the side of the lake using a bow. But since there're impassable cells between you and the MVP (i.e. the lake), your warg can't auto attack the MVP. But your falcon can. It's just for an additional dps.

Edited by DeadIntern, 12 April 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#118 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hmm.. so bird skills or traps.

Are there even hints of bird skills being improved?

Yeah, that's the main issue i am having.

So wait, Blitz Beat has actual use later on? Why would Blitz Beat be good/better for the Bako Nest? I'm a noob so I'd appreciate some explanation.

I heard there was a shadow gear that improved Falcon DPS by a -_-load.

#119 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:41 PM

Hi guys, does anyone knows if ice pick's occult impaction will have effect on manual warg strike pls?

Thank You.

#120 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

Only the def ignorig part. Warg strike is not affected bt eATK

#121 ngpete

ngpete

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Only the def ignorig part. Warg strike is not affected bt eATK

Okay, am I right to say that malangdo enchantment doesnt effect warg strike since they are equipment atk? Thanks for the prompt reply Ashuckle. :)

#122 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

Correct

#123 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

Hi, guys. I finally decided to level my hunter, and he's almost ready to become a sniper. Probably will be a Ranger next week, and I want to make him an AS/AB ranger. I've read this topic and have some doubts.

For starters, about sniper:

- Is Focused Arrow Strike a thing? Since it's been said that Falcon can be a thing against Bakonawa (which I was not originally planning to make him do, but, well... it's only once a week, so, why not?), these points are best invested in Steel Crow or FAS?

- Besides Ankle Snare and the prerequisites for Trap Research, should I get any other trap skill?

Now about Ranger:

- Since I'm planning on building 77 LUK and getting an AA card later, how many points of INT I should get?

- AS Card bonus applies to weapon ATK only?

- I got a +9 EA3 WWS, and I know that I'll need "moar" later for different elements. Which elemental card should I put in my first one? I was thinking in puting a Bathory there, but since someone remembered me of Bakonawa here, I guess I should put a Pasana Card in it... Is there any other armor card that I should consider?

- For upper headgear, what is better, Dolomedes or Dark Pinguicular card? Any other?

- WWM with decent enchats are very expensive, but I guess I'll need them later nonetheless. What is better, ATK% or FS?

That's all for now... I guess. Thank you!

#124 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hi, guys. I finally decided to level my hunter, and he's almost ready to become a sniper. Probably will be a Ranger next week, and I want to make him an AS/AB ranger. I've read this topic and have some doubts.

- Is Focused Arrow Strike a thing? Since it's been said that Falcon can be a thing against Bakonawa (which I was not originally planning to make him do, but, well... it's only once a week, so, why not?), these points are best invested in Steel Crow or FAS?
- Besides Ankle Snare and the prerequisites for Trap Research, should I get any other trap skill?

Now about Ranger:

- Since I'm planning on building 77 LUK and getting an AA card later, how many points of INT I should get?
- I got a +9 EA3 WWS, and I know that I'll need "moar" later for different elements. Which elemental card should I put in my first one? I was thinking in puting a Bathory there, but since someone remembered me of Bakonawa here, I guess I should put a Pasana Card in it... Is there any other armor card that I should consider?
- For upper headgear, what is better, Dolomedes or Dark Pinguicular card? Any other?
- WWM with decent enchats are very expensive, but I guess I'll need them later nonetheless. What is better, ATK% or FS?

Why would you use FAS if you already have Arrow Storm? Where do you plan to use FAS? If you are going to be a pure AS build, better use a falcon because they have long range Falcon Detect. Very usefull at woe.

Since you choose AS/AB built, better get a max landmine skill and shockwave trap for electric shocker skills prereq.

For elemental armors, I have shadow, water, wind, fire upgraded to +4 or +7. For all around armor, +9 is ares wws. Im not that rich ingame. My suggestion, dont use pasana for your only +9 wws for the sake of Bakonawa ONLY.

#125 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

Now about Ranger:

As a sniper, just make sure you get all the prereqs for Aimed Bolt, Trap Research and Electric Shock Trap.

For leveling, get yourself a Bow Guardian Carded bow and use Arrow Shower Level 10 until you are a Ranger with a sufficient level Arrow Storm skill.

Get at least 40 points in INT.

AS applies to the total damage, so this means technically it applies to all forms of ATK.

Pasana, Unfrozen are two reasonably important first armours.

A second AA card if you want more SP recovery, other a Dolo card.

A combo if both. In fact the single best WWM in the game is ATK6% FS6.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users