JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Back when the classic server was still being worked on, there were people asking if old payon would be in the game. I think, but I'm not sure, that one of the mods or GMs said old payon could be added if someone figured out how to fit all the NPCs from new payon. I have few suggestions, but there are still some I can't find a place for unless they put a custom NPC for that part: The dried fish, and the Vat.

(Of course, I didn't add the multiple copies of NPCs, along with the dealers and others that are in their specific shops and buildings, and the positioning can be changed at the will of the GMs because some I have no clue if they're needed for a specific location like near water or a certain building or something.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one got cut off a bit, but it's the gate that leads to Archer Village and Payon Cave that has the guildsman near it and a guide.

Posted Image

If anyone else has any input that could help figure out what could go where, that would be great! Really hope this is added to the game, it wouldn't be classic without classic payon.

Edited by JohnNooodles, 09 November 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

That's a bit crowded for so many npc's. Don't you think so?Having 5+ npc's on your screen at any point of being on the map is kinda crazy.

#3 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

That's a bit crowded for so many npc's. Don't you think so?Having 5+ npc's on your screen at any point of being on the map is kinda crazy.

Well they could be spread out more since there were a lot of open areas to stick anyone in. I just thought it would be odd for some to be by themselves or just in random places, but it does make sense to not have them crowded around out in the open too I guess.

#4 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Would love to see old Payon back but wouldn't they also have to rework the Eye of Hellion quest?

http://irowiki.org/c...f_Hellion_Quest

Parts 8-10 take place in Payon town. The npc plus the 6 ground locations.

#5 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Would love to see old Payon back but wouldn't they also have to rework the Eye of Hellion quest?

http://irowiki.org/c...f_Hellion_Quest

Parts 8-10 take place in Payon town. The npc plus the 6 ground locations.

Well the Resting place on one of the gazeebos is part of that, along with the wooden floor of the house and pile of stone. The vat and and the dried fish could be in game sprites if that's possible...just use the sprite of the fresh fish item or something near the water: Posted Image

as for the vat, maybe this: Posted Image or something that looks like a large pot. Maybe something in one of the buildings could work, as long as it's close. The dialogue may have to be reworked, but not a lot since the Quests don't usually give that much info. Also the areas shown on the minimap would have to be changed to, and the wiki guide would need to be changed.

The buddah is still in the archer village, it was just the town that was changed.

Edited by JohnNooodles, 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#6 Brolleun

Brolleun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Five NPCS on my screen at the same time!? Ca-ra-zy. My eyes can't handle dat shiz-it yo. Dat epilepsy. The OP is making ludicrous suggestions--keel it wit fire!

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm for this :D

#8 Milkshanks

Milkshanks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

YES!

Classic Payon for a Classic Server! <3

#9 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Maybe this could be added too? It's little details like this that are nice touches that make the game look awesome. Whatever happened to moving hair by the way? Anyone know? Another thing that should be added is monster speech, maybe if they could find a way to make those things show up in the chat box to prevent spam (Along with pet speech too). What happened to that too? I hope a GM or someone who knows how stuff is added to the game and what can and cannot be put in will see this.

Edited by JohnNooodles, 03 December 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#10 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Old Sakray :V

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

If I am not mistaken the bag seller was by the water near the bridge in the original old payon. Also, I've always been curious as to why they removed moving hair and stuff like slotted sunnies and ice pick being obb/opb only o.o.

#11 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Well the NPCs that were already have their own spots can be put back, it's entirely up to the GMs where everything goes. Some spacing would be nice too, so there won't be any crowded areas with NPCs in them. Also I forgot to include some of the NPCs that are inside the buildings, but a lot are empty with plenty of room. I did use a private server to get these, won't say what it is or how to get to it. I only went on that server because they had a special old payon thing and I wanted to see what it looked like since I've never seen it before, also I was going to use it to get pictures for this thread.

#12 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Whatever happened to moving hair by the way? Anyone know?

that was back in alpha when each character had their fixed hairstyle (matching the artworks) that couldn't be changed.

#13 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Oh ok, I wasn't really sure about that one...would be nice if they could do that for every hairstyle including the Lighthalzen ones using different colors, but that would probably require work on kRO's end.

#14 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Old Sakray :V

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

that was back in alpha when each character had their fixed hairstyle (matching the artworks) that couldn't be changed.

Actually, I still remember that my brother had been playing RO since about 2002, and had a swordsman named EXUP(named because engrish was common back then from NPCs and it was his way of poking fun at it.) with the same hairstyle as that novice. Until about late 2003, it's hair still moved....and this is well after hairstyles could be changed upon character creation. With that in mind I doubt it's something that couldn't be put back in, although I could see how it might be low priority. But as Red said, it was one of those things that gave the game a bit of a quality feel, and it's a shame it was removed.

Edit:I noticed one other thing out of place that was in the original payon if I am not mistaken. The portal near the weapon shop leads to the guild map, not the portal at the northeast, which led to the archer village. The directional portals lead to the same places as they do in new payon, some just look a little different.

Edited by Roda, 25 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#15 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hairstyles do have an animation, though only when you get hit :S
I'd totally love to have those animations from the alpha version back.

#16 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

The way the graphic engine works in RO means you would need to not only reprogram the client but also redo every hairstyle sprite AND every job sprite in order to add animated hair.

This is because the job sprites include references to tell the client where the player's head and weapon / shield go, and currently they only reference a single frame of animation from the hair - so standing still would have to be totally redone as it only has three such references, one for each direction your head can face while standing (e.g. /doridori).

As for Old Payon, I've more than gotten used to the newer one and quite frankly I no longer miss the old one at all.

#17 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I doubt that the moving hair could be added then, but nice touches like that would be amazing. Not just for combat, but also to have it move when we walk would be cool too.

Older Payon is much simpler since it's basically a large rectangle, the newer one is an annoying maze of cliffs and buildings. It's just unnecessarily complicated for a town that most new players hang around and older players would enjoy a nice little change to how the game used to be. It's Classic Ragnarok, why not add something like this?

#18 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Stickied?
What does this mean? :eyes:

#19 TheDigitalKitty

TheDigitalKitty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Old payon *cries* ;w; I miss it so. AND a kafra save in archer village DDD: I'd so make all my old friends come back just for this. But I play on renewal.. :v

#20 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Just realized if they did add it, they could do a special spotlight for Payon...maybe add an event quest there that is effected by the spotlight? Would make it a good place for low level players to get some nice EXP and drops.

#21 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Don't let this dust out!
Classic needs the old Payon!

#22 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Old Payon anyone?

#23 KiloZulu

KiloZulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMY

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

yeah, old payon please ,  bring me back to my first RO experience 10 years ago before i quit classic  :D

#24 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

For what little my opinion as a "new player" may be worth, I'd love to have my old Payon back again.
I haven't played in about ten years, and just came back due to the lure of Classic RO; but I find that this world is still much bigger and more intimidating than the one I left. Payon was my home, and I loved it dearly.
That being said, I can accept that the world has changed while I've slept. I'll get over it.

#25 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

this town can be used for something else.... maybe a new hang out place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users