RO Resolution Problem - solved - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

RO Resolution Problem - solved

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#26 BlackFlameMaster

BlackFlameMaster

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Fixed the resolution problem setting both setups in the same resolution and full screen but.. now the sound doesn´t work! If the graphics are fixed by setting them up as the same, then how do I put the 2 sound settings similar? Ragnarok setup has only 2 bars, they are at maximum and both on (I opened the setup as administrator, same with the other) and then the Classic Ragnarok setup has many sound options as "use 2D Sound or 3D sound" or "2 speaker, headphone, surround, 4 speaker", "sound frequency 22k, 11k, and 8k", "Sound Bits 16 and 8" and "Sound Channel 16, 32, 48". How do I set those up to be the same as the other set up with only 2 bars for volume? XDD Please help ;___;

#27 superoyaji09

superoyaji09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

finally, solved... now the mouse can't go out of the boudary in the game... o well.

#28 superoyaji09

superoyaji09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

thank you all for advise !

#29 Asura54078

Asura54078

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

superoyaji09...How did u do?

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Please use the classic setup and it will effect both.

#31 Asura54078

Asura54078

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Problem solve...
Thank you very much...

#32 BlackFlameMaster

BlackFlameMaster

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Sound effects work but the tittle theme in the login screen doesn´t work, what sound settings should I set up in the classic setup?

#33 Turk1875

Turk1875

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

still having major issues i went and ran classic_ro set-up as admin which made it run my game off those settings, but i cant get back to my original settings to where i can get my mouse not to be locked in game, i tried running the other set-up as admin and what not and i'm having no luck and becoming very frustrated to have to alt tab to leave my window, any know any solution besides completely reinstalling this? if in game pm -=TurkSC

#34 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Please use the classic setup and it will effect both.

Thank you Oda, finally got mine working for renewal client :D

Edited by Lazerbomb, 14 November 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#35 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

ok i have windows 8 and i couldnt play in full screen mode because it made it very laggy but i was able to fix it by taking off full screen mode and switch to windows mode but now with this update its switching me back to full screen mode and i cant change it back. when i go to setup full screen mode isnt checked . so how can i change it back to windows mode if full screen isnt even on? and yes i click full screen mode on and off to see if it changed it. help please

Edited by darkdito1884, 14 November 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#36 kcf1117

kcf1117

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

This is how i do:

1. Run ClassicRO.exe to download new patch
2. Change setting in Setup_Classic.exe (you will see that after the first step)
3. Run Ragnarok.exe

#37 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

ok i got it out of full screen but now its really small and the drop down to change size is blank. why?

#38 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

any fix to this? ^

#39 Johnnyneuma5

Johnnyneuma5

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I followed the instructions and I still have the tiny window. I only have one setup and its the setup_classic.exe. Any other alternatives?

#40 StevieMac

StevieMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I don't know half of what you guys are talking about X_x. I've ran everything as admin, changed the setups many times (they are the same), reinstaled the game, and restarted. I still get an error when i try to start classic. Does anyone have another idea?

Edited by StevieMac, 14 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#41 soxxie

soxxie

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Kaos - Renewal

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I've run and downloaded the new patch for classic as admin, but i am not recieving any classic setup popup. it just goes straight to the tiny screen.
i've uninstalled and installed the game but it still doesnt work.

Edited by soxxie, 14 November 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#42 alejo3110

alejo3110

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

help mee D: , i use i mac so i cannot open things as admin , i cannot be the only one ):

#43 kcf1117

kcf1117

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

i fought my Classic setup from here
C:\Program Files\Gravity\Ragnarok Online

btw, i didnt run admin tho

#44 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I made the classic setup run as admin and now runs at the resolution I want, but it still gives me that error message half the time opening the game.
What the hell.

#45 johnnyz

johnnyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

so any replies other than this thread?! it's not helpng some of us we're still stucked to even fixed this dumb problem.. I have no idea how to even run it as an admin.. there's no option for that on my comp

#46 kcf1117

kcf1117

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Two ways to run as admin:

1) right click on Ragnarok.exe -> Run as admin

2) Open Start Task Manager -> File -> Browse... -> Ragnarok.exe -> OK

#47 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I've just discovered the cause of this problem after performing some testing: the latest version of Ragexe.exe incorrectly reads its basic settings from the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok instead of from the file savedata\OptionInfo.lua. As the the latest version of Setup.exe writes the basic settings you specify to the file savedata\OptionInfo.lua, it's now impossible to change the Renewal client's basic settings using it.

As some people have already discovered, the best workaround is to use an old version of Setup.exe, such as Setup_Classic.exe, that writes basic settings to the Registry. New players will be unable to play on the Renewal servers without using this workaround.

To test this yourself:

Note: The following Registry paths are non-canonical. The actual paths will vary according to which version of Windows you're using, whether UAC is enabled, and what access privileges the client's programmes are run with. The easiest method of finding the canonical path of the key where your client's settings are stored is to search for keys that match "ragnarok" using Registry Editor.

• Create a backup of your client's Registry keys, and then erase them.
  • Install a new copy of the IRO client using the latest version of the installer.
  • Open the Renewal client updater (Ragnarok.exe), and then press "start".
  • When the Setup application opens, press "OK" twice. The Renewal client will open, but its window will be prohibitively small.
  • Forcefully terminate the Renewal client using Task Manager.
  • Create the following Registry keys:

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok\WIDTH
    Type: dword
    Value: 640 (decimal)

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok\HEIGHT
    Value: 480 (decimal)
  • Repeat step 3. The Renewal client will open, and the dimensions of its window will be 640 × 480 — the same dimensions you wrote to the Registry.

#48 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I've just discovered the cause of this problem after performing some testing: the latest version of Ragexe.exe incorrectly reads its basic settings from the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok instead of from the file savedata\OptionInfo.lua. As the the latest version of Setup.exe writes the basic settings you specify to the file savedata\OptionInfo.lua, it's now impossible to change the Renewal client's basic settings using it.

As some people have already discovered, the best workaround is to use an old version of Setup.exe, such as Setup_Classic.exe, that writes basic settings to the Registry. New players will be unable to play on the Renewal servers without using this workaround.

To test this yourself:

Note: The following Registry paths are non-canonical. The actual paths will vary according to which version of Windows you're using, whether UAC is enabled, and what access privileges the client's programmes are run with. The easiest method of finding the canonical path of the key where your client's settings are stored is to search for keys that match "ragnarok" using Registry Editor.

• Create a backup of your client's Registry keys, and then erase them.
  • Install a new copy of the IRO client using the latest version of the installer.
  • Open the Renewal client updater (Ragnarok.exe), and then press "start".
  • When the Setup application opens, press "OK" twice. The Renewal client will open, but its window will be prohibitively small.
  • Forcefully terminate the Renewal client using Task Manager.
  • Create the following Registry keys:

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok\WIDTH
    Value: 640 (decimal)

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok\HEIGHT
    Value: 480 (decimal)
  • Repeat step 3. The Renewal client will open, and the dimensions of its window will be 640 × 480 — the same dimensions you wrote to the Registry.

It's kind of funny how it feels like how the players are doing the tech department's job. I don't believe that they tested running the game after their maintenance - do they have only like 2 people running updates? How could they have Not found this problem..
Just a joke but maybe they are just saving money by waiting and letting the players find the problem, then they can go fix it easily =p lol

#49 hairul87

hairul87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:chaos renewal

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

after update on 13.11.2013, i just cant play RO online anymore :(((

i just cant start after patch completed.. can u please tell me, what should i do.. i'm not so good with computer, please tell me step by step..

thank you

#50 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

after update on 13.11.2013, i just cant play RO online anymore :(((

i just cant start after patch completed.. can u please tell me, what should i do.. i'm not so good with computer, please tell me step by step..

thank you

Please describe exactly what happens in detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users